Flashfic thread: Rotating themes

How many posts to change the topic?

• Total voters
4 of 10 for wine

I strolled through the wine side. Soft classical music drifted from overhead speakers. Walking past the sample bar I overheard words like “legs,” “oaky” and “cat piss.”

I pushed through the door to the crowded beer side where the bartender was pouring small glasses and said, "And this one is called Dog Sled." People began barking and shouting, "Who let the dogs out..."

I was home. Through the window, on the wine side, I saw a woman so stunning she took my breath away. I drained my glass, waved for a refill and wondered if a mixed marriage could work.

(I'm in the 100 club :))

5 of 10 for Wine

"We have a vintage Bordeaux this evening," he said, filling two crystal glasses.

She lifted her head from the pillow and nodded, a smile on her cracked lips. He saw a sparkle in her pain-filled eyes.

When the pills had dissolved, he held the glass to her mouth as she carefully swallowed. Draining his glass with one gulp, he embraced her thin body and they kissed.

Sheltered in each others arms, they drifted into sweet oblivion, together to the end.

TE999 said:
5 of 10 for Wine

"We have a vintage Bordeaux this evening," he said, filling two crystal glasses.

She lifted her head from the pillow and nodded, a smile on her cracked lips. He saw a sparkle in her pain-filled eyes.

When the pills had dissolved, he held the glass to her mouth as she carefully swallowed. Draining his glass with one gulp, he embraced her thin body and they kissed.

Sheltered in each others arms, they drifted into sweet oblivion, together to the end.

Is it me, or is there a whole lot of emotion going on in the AH today? That's beautiful TE.

tickledkitty said:
Is it me, or is there a whole lot of emotion going on in the AH today? That's beautiful TE.

Thanks, TK, I appreciate it.

I guess I am in a bit of a reflective mood tonight.

Must be the weather. ;)

Oh, if we're doing angst, I can play;

6 of 10 for wine

"Jesus!"Chris ran into the livingroom; "Val, what happened? What was that sound?"

"care for a drink?" Val untangled her long legs and poured a deep red wine into the Waterford. He took it, bemused, and watched her pour one for herself. He returned her raised salute, and sniffed the bouquet.

"This is the...."

"Yeah, it's the bottle my dad gave us, remember?"

"We were supposed to save it for our fiftieth anniversary."

"There won't be one." Val drained her glass and hurled it into the fireplace, where its shards joined the fragments of her previous crystal missile.

Stella_Omega said:

6 of 10 for wine

"Jesus!"Chris ran into the livingroom; "Val, what happened? What was that sound?"

"care for a drink?" Val untangled her long legs and poured a deep red wine into the Waterford. He took it, bemused, and watched her pour one for herself. He returned her raised salute, and sniffed the bouquet.

"This is the...."

"There won't be one." Val drained her glass and hurled it into the fireplace, where its shards joined the fragments of her previous crystal missile.

Wow, babe! :rose:

Stella_Omega said:

6 of 10 for wine

"This is the...."

Nice one, Stella. :D

Stella_Omega said:

6 of 10 for wine

"This is the...."

Very good Stella. :rose: :kiss:

7 out of 10
Wine

“….Can’t Get No Satis….”

“Well, Mick, the man said “I haven’t had any satisfaction in eighty-three….” He glanced up at the calendar. “Make that eighty-four days.”

He poured the dregs from the wine bottle into the tumbler sitting on the counter and swirled the dark red contents around in the glass. He was mesmerized by the color of the wine. Her favorite color. Damn, she’d looked so good in red. He’d bought her a red dress once. The last dress he’d seen her in.

He drank the wine, opened the door, put his ring in his pocket and walked out.

(Exactly 100 words, too)

Last edited:
glynndah said:
We do seem to be a bit melancholy, don't we?

Readin' ol' drk up there :rolleyes: it does seem that we are melancholy, baby. ;)

(Ow...ouch...stop hittin' me...bad pun---bad pun---I admit it!)

TE999 said:
Readin' ol' drk up there :rolleyes: it does seem that we are melancholy, baby. ;)

(Ow...ouch...stop hittin' me...bad pun---bad pun---I admit it!)
Oooh, you called me "baby". *sigh*

(9 of 10 Wine)

She always had a thing for sparkling Italian wines served in champagne flutes. I always had a thing for her. She said that the bubbles made her giggle. Her giggles made me stop breathing. Her Merlot lips would form a moue at the lipstick on the rim of her glass. I saw those lips as lips to taste in a single kiss that would last all night. Her formal puddled on the floor in my foyer. Shoes discarded on the stairs. And the tresses of her hair, a spray across my pillow. Neither of us desiring sleep.

TE999 said:
Mmmmm...'baby' want a :kiss:?

Daddy's right here, darlin'. :D

Ewww! Ewww! Ewww! Not that kind of "baby". please. Major, major ick factor for me.

Now, go gather up some friends to write a couple more stories so we can get out of this wine cellar. Maybe "chocolate" could be next.....

glynndah said:
Ewww! Ewww! Ewww! Not that kind of "baby". please. Major, major ick factor for me.

Now, go gather up some friends to write a couple more stories so we can get out of this wine cellar. Maybe "chocolate" could be next.....

One more...

glynndah said:

Whoops--my bad attempt at humor strikes again--:(

Sowwy pretty witch. :rose:

I'll see what I can do.

Mmmmm...chocolate.

:eek: Don't like chocolate. How about food instead? That way, if you want to write about chocolate you can, and if I want to write about strawberries and whipped cream, I can. ;)

Back