The lesbian, bi, single, married, whatever women's catch-all thread

Okay so it's great to see a bi/lesbian/ whatever girl thread. that's great. so jw how can a girl know for sure if she's bi or not? is it more than just having fantasies about girls?

Hi Katelyn, thanks for posting. I myself am lesbian, have been pretty much all my life, and have never had any real interest in guys. So it was fairly easy for me to know that I was gay, even though it took me a while to get up the nerve to do anything about it.

As for being bi, well I'm sure some of it is having fantasies about girls, being attracted to girls, and having the desire to be sexually active with a woman. But my question to you is, do you really need to label yourself as bi? What I mean is that it's just a label after all. If you like girls, you like girls.

Anyone else have any words of wisdom?

Okay so it's great to see a bi/lesbian/ whatever girl thread. that's great. so jw how can a girl know for sure if she's bi or not? is it more than just having fantasies about girls?

Well question is what are you feeling? do you simply like to think about it or do wish for it to happen? I always knew I was bi. I love sex with guys, every aspect of it. But at the same time, a woman just has something a guy does not and I feel I need too. Don't worry so much about a label, if you feel like experimenting great, if you don't that's good too. It's up to you. Just enjoy whatever it is that turns you on, and who knows, maybe a woman out there will be able to show you if you are bi or not ;)

Hi Katelyn, thanks for posting. I myself am lesbian, have been pretty much all my life, and have never had any real interest in guys. So it was fairly easy for me to know that I was gay, even though it took me a while to get up the nerve to do anything about it.

As for being bi, well I'm sure some of it is having fantasies about girls, being attracted to girls, and having the desire to be sexually active with a woman. But my question to you is, do you really need to label yourself as bi? What I mean is that it's just a label after all. If you like girls, you like girls.

Anyone else have any words of wisdom?

I'm a lesbian, for but for several years I thought I was bisexual. Some people have asked if that was a kind of 'staging post', on the way to becoming gay.

I don't think so, at all. Looking back, I know now that I have always been a lesbian, but it just happened to take me quite a long time to fully realise that, and then properly embrace my sexuality. The reason? Not absolutely sure, but probably a combination of what society brought me up to expect about myself, along with the nature of the particular people who were important in my life.

I perhaps didn't fully identify as a lesbian until I met and fell in love with my girlfriend - the definitive love of my life.

When I identified as bisexual - in truth, I was sexually and romantically attracted to women, but because I was familiar with being with men, they still featured in my life, and the mix of both genders seemed to come naturally to me at the time.

Bisexual is a sexual identity in its own right - not a staging post, nor a cop-out, nor a half way house. It's as much to be celebrated as any other identity. In terms of what it 'feels like', as I think someone said, that will vary hugely with the individual person. Most typically, probably, you're simply attracted to both men and women.

I'm a lesbian, for but for several years I thought I was bisexual. Some people have asked if that was a kind of 'staging post', on the way to becoming gay.

I don't think so, at all. Looking back, I know now that I have always been a lesbian, but it just happened to take me quite a long time to fully realise that, and then properly embrace my sexuality. The reason? Not absolutely sure, but probably a combination of what society brought me up to expect about myself, along with the nature of the particular people who were important in my life.

I perhaps didn't fully identify as a lesbian until I met and fell in love with my girlfriend - the definitive love of my life.

When I identified as bisexual - in truth, I was sexually and romantically attracted to women, but because I was familiar with being with men, they still featured in my life, and the mix of both genders seemed to come naturally to me at the time.

Bisexual is a sexual identity in its own right - not a staging post, nor a cop-out, nor a half way house. It's as much to be celebrated as any other identity. In terms of what it 'feels like', as I think someone said, that will vary hugely with the individual person. Most typically, probably, you're simply attracted to both men and women.

Julie, you're telling my story. I'm right with you. I believe the social pressure that was placed on me, the idea that I had to what was expected led be to believe that I was bi. But now I think I was just kidding myself trying to fit in, do what was expected.

If one is bisexual, good for them! As Juli said "It's as much to be celebrated as any other identity"

Bisexual is a sexual identity in its own right - not a staging post, nor a cop-out, nor a half way house. It's as much to be celebrated as any other identity. In terms of what it 'feels like', as I think someone said, that will vary hugely with the individual person. Most typically, probably, you're simply attracted to both men and women.[/QUOTE]

Very well put Julie. I always find it interesting when people say that bisexuals are jsut confused or can't make up their minds, like we all have to be one of the other, straight or gay. I believe in the Kinsey scale, that people fall somewhere on that scale whether it be totally straight, totally gay, or somewhere in the middle. People can't help their attractions or desires, they just are what they are. And how can I justify wanting people to accept my sexual preference if I am not willing to accept someone elses.

I myself have always been lesbian, since I was a child I always liked girls, although admittedly, I was in denial for quite some time. Being rasied Catholic in the mid-west, I fought those feelings that I knew everyone else thought were wrong, even dated guys, hoping I could find one that would stop me thinking about girls. Never happened. Just was never sexually attracted to guys at all. And it was my senior year of high school when I finally admitted to myself, with the help of a very persistent friend, that I was in fact gay.

I think that some homosexuals have a problem with bisexuals, and this is my opinion only, because with bisexuals there is an implied choice, they choose to be either with a man or a woman, and we fight against the idea that homosexuality is a choice. Does that make sense? I certainly did not choose to be gay, I just am gay, although I did choose to be true to myself and to live a gay lifestyle, despite the preferences of my family and society in general.

Anyway, I respect the sexuality of others, just as I want them to respect my sexuality.

sexuality is a very complicated thing. Everyone is unique and while that may form groups that people may classify and label, we are all unique, maybe for certain reasons or certain mysterious..
That is what makes it so erotic !

sexuality is a very complicated thing. Everyone is unique and while that may form groups that people may classify and label, we are all unique, maybe for certain reasons or certain mysterious..
That is what makes it so erotic !

I agree! :)

I always find it interesting when people say that bisexuals are jsut confused or can't make up their minds, like we all have to be one of the other, straight or gay. I believe in the Kinsey scale, that people fall somewhere on that scale whether it be totally straight, totally gay, or somewhere in the middle. People can't help their attractions or desires, they just are what they are. And how can I justify wanting people to accept my sexual preference if I am not willing to accept someone elses. ......Anyway, I respect the sexuality of others, just as I want them to respect my sexuality.

Clio, once again I find myself in agreement with you. Wise woman :)

So well stated Julie! And so similar to my own experiences. Loving this thread...great idea Clio!

Looking forward to a great weekend . . .

Hope everyone has as much fun as I plan on having!

I'm very single right now, trying and failing to get over a guy. I'd like one of my next entanglements to be with the fairer sex in future...

I quite surprised myself last night.

My girlfriend drove me demented yesterday sending the most eloquently sexy text messages and, naturally, I responded in kind. Then she decided to go one up on me and the picture messages started. She thought this wonderful as she knew that I was as hot as hell and unable to do anything about it. Even the extra visits to the ladies were unfulfilling.

So I paid her an unexpected visit yesterday evening and no sooner had I got in the door I took her where she stood, and then some. I still can't quite believe that that greedy, dominating, devouring thing taking what she wanted and how she wanted it was me - me who, a mere few weeks ago had never kissed (really kissed) another woman.

I'm rather proud of myself. My girlfriend's rather proud too - she claims to have great instincts and that "I knew what I was doing when I homed in on you"!! :)

We have a weekend together to look forward to now. OK, a fair amount of it will be spent on a marathon 26 mile walk through track, peat bog and mountain pass but what harm? I know the area and know of a few places to duck off trail while we wend our way to the finish and to our hotel.

Last edited:
I quite surprised myself last night.

My girlfriend drove me demented yesterday sending the most eloquently sexy text messages and, naturally, I responded in kind. Then she decided to go one up on me and the picture messages started. She thought this wonderful as she knew that I was as hot as hell and unable to do anything about it. Even the extra visits to the ladies were unfulfilling.

So I paid her an unexpected visit yesterday evening and no sooner had I got in the door I took her where she stood, and then some. I still can't quite believe that that greedy, dominating, devouring thing taking what she wanted and how she wanted it was me - me who, a mere few weeks ago had never kissed (really kissed) another woman.

I'm rather proud of myself. My girlfriend's rather proud too - she claims to have great instincts and that "I knew what I was doing when I homed in on you"!! :)

We have a weekend together to look forward to now. OK, a fair amount of it will be spent on a marathon 26 mile walk through track, peat bog and mountain pass but what harm? I know the area and know of a few places to duck off trail while we wend our way to the finish and to our hotel.

mmmmm sounds delightful :D

Back