It Begins Again (Closed)

Mayu

Ghost Of Who I Was
Eden Wolf had been sticking out like a sore thumb all of her life, she was human that lived in the kingdom of Elves. Elrond allowed her to live with him, since her parents died to help protect his kingdom. She was about four when this all happened, she was a beautiful woman even for a human. She knew the language of man of course, but she also could speak Elvish very fluently. She had a lot of help from some people who gave her a helping hand.

Now at the ripe age of nineteen she had grown to respect there ways, to understand there culture and to know the culture of man as well. She was raised around the war with the fellow ship. She knew of who was all joining them, but she had a friend on that journey she prayed would come back. Legolas meant the world to her, but being what she was she would never tell him, least she did not know. She had learned how to use a sword, since a sword was made for her when she turned sixteen.

It was made with a special metal it was sharp as hell, and most importantly very light for her. Then last year she got a bow from Legolas since she was born on a holiday. It meant nothing to her, what meant everything to her was the bow. She could use it very well and use it to its full potential. But lately something ill had been in the air, she was practicing using her bow when something came to her. She had been taught how to listen to certain things.

When she opened up her grey eyes she pulled her shoulder blade length black hair into a pony tail. She silently sighed as she lined up a shot about a hundred feet ahead of her, pulling the string on the bow as she let it go. And watched the arrow sore through the air getting the target. Grinning at herself, she heard someone coming. And put her bow down unsure who it could be, by the sound it was a light male and smiled thinking she knew who it was.

Many years had passed since the great war between Sauron and the free peoples of Middle Earth. Legolas returned to the tranquil elven township of Rivendell, where his grand adventure began. Although he hailed from the Woodland Realm of Mirkwood he felt a strong connection to Rivendell, so many strong friendships had been built upon the task of transporting the one ring. Unlike his fellow elves Legolas chose to stay on Middle Earth rather than crossing the great sea, though he could not explain it, his heart called to something left behind and he couldn't move on until he discovered its source.

Even though Legolas detested the whole war and all those that worshiped the evil of Sauron, a small part of him missed the adventuring days. He missed the friendly banter between himself and Gimli, he missed the calm headstrong leadership of Aragorn and Boromir, he would never forget the wise council of Gandalf and of course he missed the true heroes of the war, his friends, Frodo, Sam, Merry and Pippin. Aragorn had taken the mantle as the King of Gondor, his friend Gimli had returned to Erebor to help his father, Gandalf had crossed the sea with his other brethren and the rest of his Hobbit friends returned to their lives in peace.

When Legolas returned to Rivendell most of the Elves had left. Only a few elves remained along with some humans including a young human woman by the name of Eden Wolf. He met briefly as a young girl before embarking on his journey. Upon his return, they became close friends and he even gifted her a bow of his own making on her eighteenth birthday. She was born on the first day of a new Elven year, for elves this was marked a very special day and thus he believed she deserved a gift to represent her uniqueness. For most of his time now he spent helping young Eden in the skills of archery, she was quite adept at the craft and learned very quickly.

Legolas kept his eyes shut, listening to the subtle changes in the wind and forest. Every part of nature in the wild painted a detailed picture of his surroundings, from the crawling spider to the rustle of trees above, each was important in its own way. Even though the war was long past he felt it his duty to keep his skills honed for the possibility of danger in the future. With his keen elven eyes and ears he tracked an over zealous Eden who had gotten up early to practice in the nearby forest. He observed, as her arrow embedded itself in a prearranged target ahead. The shot was clean but her hunting skills were still lacking. He approached her slowly from behind.

"Quelamrun(Good morning). Eden, Your aim is improving young one but you are as loud as a drunken Nogoth(Dwarf) stumbling over a keg of ale." he reprimanded. "If you truly wish to be a hunter, you must Dina(Be silent) and move with forest." Legolas added not able to keep the smile from forming on his face.

Eden smiled more when she saw Legolas and nodded to him "Quelamrun Legolas" She said with a big grin on her face. And walked over to the target removing the arrow all she would have to do is just sharpen the arrow head and put it back in the case on her back. She had a strong connection with him and chuckled at the hunting comment. Looking around her she was in peace, it was a beautiful day out. Hence partly why she was out and about, it was nice to be out in the forest and silently sighed.

"Yeah I Know I am very lacking in the silence area, if I really tried it I am sure I can do it. I may lack the abilities of an elf but hey. Lived around them since I was four years old, maybe something rubbed off on me. But it is good to see you, it's funny when you left to help Frodo. I couldn't help but feel sad you were going, I know at the time we did not exactly know one another. But I worried about you every day, which is different. Frankly because a lot of people left, I am surprised you did not go."

She had missed who she did, the faces and remembered faces and the names, it was her business to remember them. Friends came and went like the seasons, and it was hard to latch onto anyone. But here was Legolas, she had hoped he would stay here. But no one really knew about anything. But all in all Eden knew he had to go and did not know Arwen's fate since she gave him that necklace. But she was happy for them, difference races being together is rather rare and knew that.

But looking back at him it was rather nice and rested her bow against her body, and saw the smile on his face. She loved his smiles since he did not do it very much, and looking into his eyes made everything perfect. Walking over to him she placed her hand on his shoulder and squeezed it, looking at him and was curious why he was in the forest. Not that she minded she loved his company it was very nice. So being the kind of person that she was, she tilted her head to the side just a little.

"So what are you doing out here Legolas? Not that I am complaining I am glad you are here. I love spending time with you" She said with a kind consideret look. It always surprised her they were friends, because he was a prince and she was just a lowly human girl. But was glad he had a very open mind to everything. It was a rare thing for Elves, but she felt like one of them since she knew almost everything about them.

Legolas couldn't help but smile at the explanation of her skills. It was true, in the short life she had and the small amount of time she had trained, her skill with the bow was most impressive.

"If you must know young one, I am watching you. Your dedication to the art of archery intrigues me and I wish to spend more time honing your skills. " he explained eying her bow.

"The world outside of Rivendell is littered with danger, I know, like all humans you will be inquisitive about what lays beyond this forest but to travel beyond the borders one must be ready and prepared at all times." he instructed with hand gestures directed to the boundaries of the land.

"Your skills with the bow are grand indeed and although you've more to improve upon we shall focus on that later. For now we work on your stealth." he critiqued. Legolas moved behind her gracefully and positioned his hands gently on her upper thighs.

"The skill of stealth lies in the subtle movements of the body." he began and moved his body against hers guiding the movement of her legs.

"You must become one with your surroundings, you must feel the very essence of the earth around you and move accordingly." he continued and demonstrated further by using one of his hands to move her own. He closed his eyes to absorb every detail of the area around them.

"Listen carefully, to the wind, to the trees. Every miniscule change tells you an age old story of a past long forgotten even by those as long-lived as I." he added. When he finished his demonstration Legolas stepped back slightly allowing her to take in his wisdom.

Eden was rather happy seeing him smile, it was hard to make the elf smile. Course they were such a strong and complicated race, but she learned to respect each and every race before her parents were killed by orc's and sometimes could still hear there screams in her nightmares. But thankfully she had not had a dream in a long time, made her feel very good to. But really she was happy where she was at the moment. She felt at peace here, felt like she should have been born in elf but she was what she was.

But then hearing what he said and was glad he thought her skills were very good and it appeared that she did have some work to do. And really it did not bother her in the least, she was glad he was so willing to help. She knew most of the elves had left, but she had nothing that was why she stayed. Even if it meant being alone, yet here was her friend here and wanting to help her. Made her smile even more to know that. Sighing silently she had no idea what would happen, if she could ever really fight.

But then she felt his hands on her, feeling how he adjusted her in the way she needed it. Hearing what he said, her grey eyes scanned his own. And heard the wisdom that he told her, looking around she sighed. She had no idea if she could even do what elves could do, looking around she saw the trees and when she looked down it was just dirt and some grass. What he said kept running in her head over and over again. And knew that she had to be wise about this, so decided to do as he asked.

Closing her grey eyes as she opened herself up to everything around her, keeping her eyes closed she knelt down placing her hand on the ground. Feeling how cold it was, but she did feel something something rather evil. It gave her chills and it worried her, she had lived here over ten years and had never felt this. In the back of her head she saw a black figure, there was no face since it was in shadow but knew it was a man and looked rather young maybe mid twenties. Slowly standing up as her eyes opened.

"Something is coming...."

Eden headed his advice, he could see that she was seeing and hearing beyond what her mortal body allowed. Her face displayed a calm serenity that he seldom saw on humans, making him truly grateful that his student was learning.

With her so deep in concentration Legolas was able to study her form more closely, she was quite attractive for a human; she most certainly had more generous curves compared to a female elf, her plain rounded ears were softer, her skin was far more tanned and slightly rougher, however her stormy grey eyes were probably her most intriguing feature. Legolas couldn't help but feel a strong connection to his girl though he couldn't explain it he knew there was more to her.

Her face changed from serene concentration to hardened fear. Legolas scanned his surroundings for any unwanted guests when he couldn't detect any he opened his question

"Eden, whats wrong?" he asked with concern.

Eden looked up at the sky and closed her eyes hearing everything around her, everything around her was screaming in terror. Or perhaps it was her inner fear, she grew silent for a moment. She got a chill up her spine hit her and cracked her neck a little bit, closing her eyes again she grabbed her bow. And took an arrow. Listing to everything around her, she was breathing so quietly it was not possible to hear it. Her heart was beating loudly, but even she adjusted herself to it in that moment in time.

She heard something fifty feet ahead of her and she drew back the arrow and let it go, never opening up her eyes to do this. The sound of something crying was heard, and she opened up her eyes. Putting her bow against her shoulder and walked over to see what it was, and it was an orc it was dead, shot right in the head. So she was right, she was not shaken about this. But it looked like she had more purpose now. Taking out the arrow she did not sense anyone else around, and walked back to her friend.

"An orc so what I saw was not my imagination, I saw a man all in shadow. He is human maybe about 30 or so, I tried to push forth but I saw nothing. I get a feeling he has something to do with Saruman, but something tells me he had a child no one knew about. To do only god knows what, maybe this is all my imagination for I am no great witch or anything. I just don't know" She sighed rather frustrated. Unsure about what the hell was going to happen now, she ran her fingers into her hair.

Legolas was very impressed with her keen intuition, either he was severely out of practice or Eden had far greater skill than he had ever anticipated. When he watched her draw her bow back and take aim he finally caught wind of the intruder. A lone orc stealthily approached them in the distance, with careful precision Eden loosed the arrow embedding it directly into the orcs less than attractive head.

She retrieved the arrow hastily and Legolas gave her a warm smile and light clap as she returned. She was not happy however and recounted her vision of a new possible dark evil. The spawn of Sauroman.

The former white wizard once a great ally of the free peoples of Middle Earth turned to the evil sway of Sauron. Through his efforts he created a terrible orcish army including the dreaded Uruk-Hai. Legolas had not thought it possible that one of the great Maiar could ever conceive a child yet after the war he now knew that anything was possible when it involved the corrupted influence of Sauron.

"Eden, I do not wish to doubt you child you must be certain. Are you privy to the location of this great evil that you have seen?" he asked desperately.

Eden did flash him a smile before she went back to looking all doom and gloom away, wiping off the orcs blood and put it back in the case on her back. But the look on her friends face turned rather worried and when he asked her where he was and felt the breeze to her face and did not know what to tell him. Her grey eyes looked around making sure there was nothing else around her, and looked down to the ground like she was trying to come up with an answer and wondered if he could do it again.

Taking a deep breath she closed her eyes and took slow deep breaths, inhaling silently and did this a couple times. Being one with the forest, and one with the earth. Her mind opening up again to the world around her, but this time she heard voices in her head. As they whisper to her, like something was calling her. Her face had a blank look to it, she got goosebumps on her arms and since they were bare it was easy for him to see. Everything around her just seemed to pull her in, as she saw the man again.

"I see a very dark tower, very tall and that is where I see him. It has a name that some people call it. It's The Barad-dûr, or as my people call it The Dark Tower. It's in the heart of Mordor " She slowly opened up her eyes as the whispers stopped and looked at Legolas unsure what to say to him. I heard whispers in my head, it appears our peace was not meant to last. And I wish I knew how the hell I managed to see and feel what I did, wish my parents were alive so I could ask that very same question"

Eden closed her eyes again, no doubt opening her mind to the currents of magic. Although it was rare he had heard tales of humans that had the powerful gift of foresight, because of their fragile nature, more often than not most of them lost their minds to insanity. Legolas hoped deeply that Eden was not one of those.

She explained her vision to him again. Legolas had ventured into the dark lands of Mordor before. He, along with his allies had braved the vast armies of Sauron, yet with hope on their side they won the day destroying the ring for all time. Most of the land around the Mount Doom and the tower collapsed with its dark masters fall but if any were capable of reigniting his Dark evil Saruman child would be capable.

"It seems that we have a quest ahead of us then Eden, I wish that we had more time to train but it seems fate calls to us and we must answer that call." he announced.

"Do not fear young one, I have traveled the dark and dangerous paths leading to Mordor, I know the task may seem daunting to you and I wish that you could stay here but it seems you have a wondrous gift. Your gift may be all that stand between total annihilation and salvation, thus I implore you to journey with me." he asked politely.

Eden knew that humans with the ability to see things, would become mentally unstable. And if she had this gift, really had it. Then she felt she was in danger of losing her mind, but Eden was smart and resourceful. But most importantly she was a tough girl, humans may be soft yes. But deep down there is so much more to her. She had a loyalty that was unbreakable, but she had a deep feeling that something more would happen here. Her eyes looking at the trees, and then hearing a wolf crying in the distance.

She heard and felt the fear that the forest and those within it, it was rather powerful. When he asked for her help she was rather stunned but who else could go. And she would be damned if she was going to let him go alone, her grey eyes looked into his blue ones. And placed a gentle hand to his shoulder and squeezed it gently, showing him a soft face. Something she never let really show, because if someone knew you were soft. Those who mean you harm, would use that to corrupt you.

"Well I sure as hell not going to let you do this alone, the forest is afraid of the upcoming evil. I must protect what I can, so come let's go my friend" She said with a gentle nod and headed back to Riverdall and silently sighed. Knowing she would need only what could be easily carried, she went inside her home to grab some food, a pair of clothing and her sword. Putting it against her hip and came out a bag on her hand. She whistled and a horse came trotting up, it was pure black with a tear drop shape that was colored white. Getting on the horse she was ready.

Legolas

Despite the clear and obvious danger that lay ahead Eden took her responsibility with a strong determination that many elves did not possess.

They returned to Rivendell to prepare, Legolas informed what remained of the council of elves, though they weren't entirely convinced of the validity of the threat they still bid Legolas farewell with their blessings. He gathered all of his usual traveling possessions including his trusted bow, a gift from Galadriel. He eyed the small necklace locked safely in a small box under his bed. The nightstar was an interesting jewel in that its power was directly linked to his immortality, it was originally a gift from his father, his intention was for Legolas to pass the jewel on his own heir. Normally he kept it safe in his treasure box but for some unexplained reason he felt it necessary to take it on this journey

When he was ready Legolas prepared his faithful horse and met Eden at the border of the forest. He knew they would have to reprise their journey from his time accompanying the ring-bearer. He already knew of the dangers in traveling through the underground fortress of Moria so he opted to take them over the snowy mountains of Angmar, the season favoured them if they did not lose too much time in their travels.

And so they set off, with Legolas taking the lead. Their first rest stop would be at the base of the mountains before they made the arduous task of scaling the grand treacherous mountain range.

Eden knew that this was going to be a rather difficult trip, she had never been on such a thing. And knew she had to suck this up, because it would just be the two of them. Though she had to admit it would not be very bad, since she really cared for Legolas. But the elders had no faith in her, but really Eden was not upset about it. They had every right to not believe it, first off they were in peace, and very happy. And the last thing, the "Vision" came from a human, and everything out in the world she would take it one step at a time.

Seeing as Legolas was leading she could not help but have a melody in her heart, looking around as she saw how the trees were. How they waved in the wind, up ahead were two trees and it almost looked like they were holding hands. Smiling even more at that, the forest was alive. And she would never let it die. Nor would she let her friend die, he was everything to her and was not about to leave him.

She sensed no one was around them, and had this wild thing in her heart. It wanted to come out, and really did not know if it was the time. But it was really quite for them, and with everything that was going on? She just shrugged her shoulders and was rather happy. Even in these times, Legolas always calling her young one. But she actually liked it when he said it, since he said it in such a sweet tone. His voice sweet like the sweeties of fruits, it was rather nice. But then as the horses walked she began to sing in elvish.

hahren na milana sahlin (elder your time is come)
emma ir abelas (now I am filled with sorrow)
souver'inan isala hamin (weary eyes need resting)
vhinan him dor'filas (heart has become grey and slow)
in uthenera na rivas (in waking sleep of freedom)

vir sulahn'neh in (we sing, rejoice)
vir dirthura (we tell the tales)
vir samahl la numin (we laugh and cry)
vir lath sa'vunin (we love one more day)

Leliana's Song

Legolas

They traveled in silence for the first part of their journey. Legolas took careful note of the way Eden was taking in her surroundings. It was after all, the first time she had ever left the safe haven of Rivendell.

Despite the nature of their travel Legolas was delighted to be adventuring again, he did miss the days of constant danger and near death experiences but never had he been in the company of such a beautiful woman. Because of their vast differences he did find it difficult to see her as anything but young to him but the more time he spent with her the better he got to know her.

Eden began to sing as they rode. Her voice was in perfect harmony with nature itself and he immediately recognised the tune allowing him to join in. When the sun slowly sank into the horizon Legolas opted to set up camp for the night, he spied a small cave in the distance and guided them to the entrance. When they tied their horses to a nearby tree Legolas instructed Eden to practice her hunting skills while he searched for firewood.

Last edited:
Eden now side by side to her friend she smiled when he sang with her, meant a lot to her as well. And he could sing was rather nice, so far this journey was uneventful but she was thankful for it. Because she knew that they would be fighting sooner or later, and every moment they were together in peace she enjoyed it. But then they set up camp before it got to dark, and hearing what he asked of her she nodded. So after she tied her horse she patted the gentle beast and took her bow and arrows.

Going into the forest, she remembered how Legolas taught her how he showed her how to move. So she was rather quite stepping in all the right places, spotting a fox she got low and grabbed an arrow she aimed it for the head so it would not know what hit it. Slowing her breathing down as she slowly took silent breaths and then held it shooting her arrow off and got the fox. Standing up she knelt down saying a small prayer on behalf of the fox, then grabbing the arrow out and the fox she carried it to the camp.

Once there she took out her dagger and began to remove the skin to get to the meat, she removed the head and made it so it could go over the fire. "Hopefully I wont make for bad company, think it was a good thing you showed me what all you have Legolas though ones skills can only truly be tested on a journey such as ares, but one thing I am not like most humans I am not reckless guess me living in Rivendell since I was about four years old did me some good" She said with a smile.

Legolas

Even though Legolas has asked her to hunt for dinner alone he still kept a close eye on her. She was most certainly learning the craft well, it would not be long before she even surpassed his own skills.

When she returned to camp and began preparing the meat Legolas couldn't help but notice the way the fire flickering on her innocent face accentuated her inner and outer beauty. It was as if the fire melted away the superficial barriers and blended with the very essence of her soul leaving only what he now saw. Brilliant, intelligent determination with a passion for loyalty.

They were halfway through their meal when a soft noise in the distance caused Legolas to halt suddenly. When Eden noticed his reaction she looked up at him but Legolas silenced her with a gesture to his lips.

"Stay here, be ready." he whispered softly. With careful ease Legolas slipped away silently into the depths of the forest. He used the accommodating shadows to hide his graceful cat like stalk. As he closed in on his quarry he was able to better pinpoint the sounds more accurately. It was definitely a group of footfalls. They weren't particularly trained and with his keen hearing they sounded more like a heard of elephants as opposed to what they likely intended.

Rather than approaching them directly now Legolas stepped to the side allowing them to pass. He could now see 4 shadowy figures moving toward their camp site. From experience he knew that striking first would give away his position too early so he allowed them to continue, he knew that Eden would be able to handle herself and he was still near enough should she require his assistance. Sure enough as he waited, another eight figures appeared from the bushes and slowly crept their way forward. Legolas was satisfied that he was now observing their whole group. Starting from the rear target Legolas released an arrow planting it directly in their back. He methodically worked his way through their ranks and dispatched of two more before they realised and took cover. Without a clear shot, Legolas would need to move into melee combat to finish the rest off. He circled around them again quickly letting them think he was still at behind them, with quick surging strikes he slashed at three more before they even turned around. Now in a much closer proximity he easily identified them as Uruk Hai. He questioned their presence so close to elven lands but there was no more time for further thought on the matter. Legolas knew that the first four would mostly likely be upon Eden by this time.

Eden enjoyed the meal it was beyond quite and that did not bode well, she looked at the fire as it began to shift in all different directions. It was something that grew rather bad at that moment, her stormy colored eyes looked around. She had finished off her dinner and was ready for anything, in case something or some what showed up. She stretched a little bit and was rather happy with the conditions, thankfully there was no storm and it was rather warm. So she did not have to worry about freezing to death.

But then she looked at Legolas and sensed something was very wrong, she was about to stand. When he gave her the motion to stay down and not make a sound. It was something that terrified her, Legolas seemed to be studying there area with his excellent sight and hearing. Sometimes she wished to god t hat she was able to do what he could. But she tried twice as hard and was able to see and hear what her human senses could not tell her. But she watched him even more, unsure what to do.

But then he took off into the trees, to be invisible to the enemy. And frankly she grew a bit hesitant, she was here alone. Sure she could fight but still, that was something that was a bit hard since she had not been table to practice on or with anyone. But she was alone now, and it scared the shit out of her. Her heart was pounding, as her knees began to shake just a little bit. Looking around she tried to get a good look of there surroundings, so really only thing she could was wait.

But it was then she heard a snap of a thick twig and knew it was not Legolas, because he never would have made a sound. Not even at a time like this, the point was to stalk the enemy not show yourself to it. So she quickly removed her sword from its sheath and was ready for anything, nothing would get into her way. And right now it would be a fight to save herself, and frankly it was different. Instead of being ignorant to the world, she was able to finally go out in it and make a place for herself.

Soon the enemy in black came charging at her and right away took the head of one, the sword was special made out of something so sharp with a hard enough swing you can take someones head off with ht. But right then and there it did not matter, thrusting her sword around and before she knew it one of the swords from the shadow struck her cheek and it was bleeding. But that just made her even more pissed off, after about ten minutes she was finally able to sit down and relaxed, sighing. She did not even notice she had been cut.

Legolas

Legolas heard the distant sounds of combat close to the campsite, now was the time to hasten his efforts. Unfortunately the remaining Uruk-Hai were well aware of his presence. They snarled angrily, evil smiles played upon their horribly disfigured faces.

Legolas wasted little time and after several lunges and parries he slashed one across the stomach cleanly ripping its innards from its body. Another tried to use the opportunity to decapitate him with his might war axe. Legolas barely managed to parry his strike and in doing so, had to sacrifice the grip on his elven dagger; it clattered uselessly to the ground nearby. The Uruk-Hai laughed loudly thinking it had garnered victory, its ally approached its side to help finish the job.

Even without his melee weapon Legolas was not helpless. With a well placed kick he broke his opponents legs sending him crashing to the ground, the other one tried to slash at him with his square sword but Legolas executed a double backward roll opening a gap between himself and the other one. With this reprieve he drew the bow from his back and swiftly planted and arrow in each of the raging Uruk-Hai. He made sure he kept the one with broken legs alive only targeting his shoulder to weaken him further.

Satisfied that the remaining Uruk-Hai would not be able to escape, Legolas dashed back toward the campsite to check on Eden. When he arrived she was seated next to the camp fire with four dead Uruk-hai almost artistically lying around her. When she turned to look at him he noticed a small cut on her check, so she was human after all. He cradled her check in his hands and then pulled a cloth from his belt to reduce the bleeding.

"You handled yourself well young one." he complimented first.
"Are you okay?" he inquired ensuring that the task had not frightened her too greatly, he knew that this would be the first time she had ever engaged in melee combat outside of training.

Eden looked at the dead bodies around her and she liked the view of it all in all, grinning a bit she brushed her fingers against her forehead and noticed her hands filthy so she took a rag she had and wiped her hands with it then her forehead. Looking into the fire she was glad the threat was gone, at least for this moment. She needed a rest since she had never fought like that in her life, but it gave her character she thought. She did not however let her guard go down, not even for a moment she would not allow it.

Closing her eyes she heard whispers almost like it was the whispers of the forest, though she did not know if that was even a real thing for humans. And cracking her neck as she covered her mouth to yawn, it had been a busy few hours. But the important thing was trying to think of other things to think about. But the harder she tried to get herself clear headed, to listen to what the secrets the forest hid. She was more worried about Legolas since he was not back yet, she just hoped everything was okay.

But then she heard something and grabbed her dagger going to where the sound was, and was ready for anything. But then she noticed Legolas there, and he seemed rather unharmed. Which made her rather content to know he was okay, but something was rather strength to her. Because he seemed shocked she did bleed, just the feeling she got off his body language and how everything else was. Looking at him was hard today because she felt herself falling in love with him, she had been that way since they met.

But now was not the time to flirt or even think about doing it, but when when he sat down and began to do what he could to stop the bleeding. She winched a little bit, she was rather calm at this point in time. She did however hear that he was impressed with her, which was a big deal coming from him. Her stormy eyes looking into his own, a soft look seen on her face. But then she snapped back to reality when he asked her if she was okay, she just gave another soft look and nodded.

"I'm alright Legolas takes more then these things to kill me, but what are they? Are they the Uruk-Hai that I have heard stories about?"

Her upbeat response calmed his growing nerves. It seemed she did fit the adventurers life after all. Still though, Legolas had seen some sights that not even an elf should witness.

"Yes, the infamous Uruk-Hai; bred from goblin and orc to produce a terrible and fearsome soldier. I have fought many before but in the years since the war I have not seen so many in such great numbers before. If Saruman's child has truly surfaced then he would most certainly be capable of continuing his father's work." Legolas explained grimly.

"We should be fine for the night. Try and keep your sleep light on the off chance that more are in the vicinity." Legolas warned.

"I hope you brought appropriate sleeping attire, the night's to come will be cold." he informed her.

Legolas set up in bed roll near the fire, Elves required less sleep than humans so he elected to take watch for the first few hours of the night.

Eden moved them out of the way and into the darkness since they gave her the creeps, she unrolled her bed roll and smiled at him. "I wouldn't worry about me as a deep sleeper my friend, I have never been a deep sleeper so I would not worried about me sleeping to deep" She laid back and sighed a little bit and closed her eyes letting a light rest take hold of her. But what she was about to dream about would turn her world upside down, and did not know until it was to late. It was then it came.

She saw herself as a little girl with her parents still alive, orcs were coming so they all ran to Rivendell and it appeared her parents knew Elrond. In a flash her parents lay dying, seeing her mother reaching to stroke her childs cheek and smiled at little Eden. "You are so special sweet heart, you have the heart and wisdom of an elf you are unique and always remember we lived you" Her stormy eyes saw her parents death and it caused her sleeping body to twitch and everything in her screamed.

But she quickly sat up as a bead of sweat fell down her cheeks and sighed silently, it looked like she had been asleep four hours or so "Damn dream" She muttered to herself and silently sighed a little bit. "Well if you want to sleep Legolas I wont be sleeping any more" She said sitting back up and stood up. Stretching and sat back down, wrapping her arms around her legs and silently sighed a bit. A smile on her face feeling the warmth of what was left of the fire. She looked up at Legolas.

Eden fell fast asleep, the exhaustion of the visions, travel and combat would have been quite draining. With her safe and sound Legolas stalked back into the forest to find the remaining Uruk-Hai he left alive. He didn't want Eden to witness an interrogation, at least not in her emotionally weakened state. He would inform her of his findings in the morning.

When he relocated it, the creature was trying in vain to crawl away. Due to its broken legs and weakened shoulder the progress was slow and most likely very painful. Legolas placed a boot strongly on the Uruk-Hai's face. It grunted in pain, most of the sound muffled by his boot.

"I think it's time we talked. What are you doing so close to elven lands? Who sent you?" Legolas asked forcefully, he released his foot slightly to allow the creature to respond.

"Weak, pathetic elf. You have no idea what is coming." it laughed maniacally.

"Tell me, what is coming?" Legolas asked hasitly.

"Death, Destruction. You cannot stop it, he will rule this world and there is nothing you can do about it." The Uruk-Hai coughed a wad of blood as it spoke.

"Death? Destruction? another Uruk-Hai army? Tell me?" Legolas asked desperately now.

"Go to Isengard, you will see for yourself." it responded. Its eyes glazed over and its body slumped.

"What is in Isengard, Tell me." Legolas nearly yelled. It was too late the Uruk-Hai was dead. It seemed their journey would need a slight detour before they made the trek to Mordor.

Legolas made his way back to camp to contemplate the new piece of information. After a few hours Eden woke in a shock, sweat beaded down her beautiful face. It seemed she had experienced a horrible nightmare, Legolas placed a comforting arm around her shoulders to calm her, she asked him if he wished sleep, he nodded in agreement deciding that he would inform her of their detour in the morning.

Eden had no idea what had happened while she was asleep, but part of her had a bad feeling about all of t his. When he went to sleep, she was ready for anything. She never trusted what her eyes showed her, almost like you rely on your hearing alone. But she paid close attention to what she saw but also what she heard and smelt. Her senses she knew were very human, she did not have the skills the elves had. But she dealt what she could do being human, but was glad that Legolas did not see her as weak.

But she knew she wanted to surprise Legolas with a nice meal so she kept the fire up and when the sun started to come up she began to roast up the fox meat putting some special mixture that an elf once showed her that cooked inside Elronds palace and figured he would be waking up at any time now. A smile on her face as she began to hum something to herself, the smell of meat and the warmth of the fire was enough to make you nice and cozy. But that was the kind of person she was.

But now here they were thrown into a journey and did not know what to think any more, she had a crush on Legolas but with the age and the race difference she figured he would never go for her. Though him being an elf just made him that much more special to her, sighing sadly as she kept thinking about what her mother said to her that she was different. And wondered if Legolas had heard of a special kind of mortal, she knew he did not really hang around them but still. He was old well not old but more experienced.

Getting up she knelt down beside him, making sure not to scare him that he would hurt her. Since she had a feeling that he would always be ready to fight, even when asleep. Just the thought of touching his cheek in a romantic sort of way made her really sad but she spoke in Elvish. "Legolas sun is up we should move soon" She stroked his cheek god was she a damn fool for wanting certain things?

Legolas felt a light touch on the side of his cheek. At first his mind registered danger but as he slowly found himself returning to consciousness he realised that the soft touch was feminine. He awoke to the sound of her voice informing him of the sun's rise. He pulled himself up and breathed deeply, the wonderful aroma of an elven style meal.

He gave Eden a light smile before taking his share of breakfast. Despite the fact that Eden had probably spent the last few hours of the night awake she seemed quite awake.

When they finished with their breakfast Legolas informed her of a change in their travel plans. He decided that they would now travel south along the western side of the Angmar Mountains toward the ruined land of Isengard. Despite the fact that they were no longer traveling over the icy cold mountain range the temperature at the base of the mountain still chilled his body to the bone. They continued their journey until they reached the point where the gates of Moria loomed ahead. Memories past flooded his mind of the fellowship entering the dreaded mines of Moria. Luckily for them they would not need to brave the darkened halls of the Dwarven crypt. Unfortunately however, night was approaching fast and they would need to camp there.

She smiled when she enjoyed the taste of her meal, all she ever remembered eating was food his people made but she could not help but sense something was very wrong here. He was more quite then usual which meant that something had happened perhaps while she slept, she did not want to bring it up however this early in the day. Figured wait for later, and she made sure there was enough food at least for another camp site they would need to make. Sighing a bit she could enjoy the feel of the beautiful breeze.

When she got onto her horse she heard what he said and looked over at him, the look he gave her did show much and she smiled a little bit gazing into his blue eyes. Her stormy eyes just looked forward and would not question him, sighing a little bit she just relaxed and was rather happy with everything. And the trip did not bother her in the least, and was not even really tired she was just rather relaxed and everything. She would wanted to have gone much farther but knew they could not.

So doing the usual accept she did not need to hunt they had enough food, so she knelt down and started a fire since she knew how to build a fire and silently sighed. "So what happened last night? I know something is up with you, I have known you since I was a little girl and even I know when you are not your usual simple elvish self." She said simply and began to heat up the food humming lowly, enjoying the feel of the warmth of the fire. Looking into the fire she sighed a little bit.

"There is also something.....I have a question about Legolas, since you are much older then me. But with that age comes wisdom as well I know..." She said simply.

Back