Worst/Favourite Feedback You've Received

LMAO at some of these comments...particularly the LW category ones.

I've held off posting anything there but just submitted my first...and yes, I made sure my flame-retardant gear is on and ready to see what it brings on, LOL. Loving Wives was the perfect place for the story, but feel it won't get the votes or comments it probably deserves, hehehe...but as has been mentioned, we write mostly for ourselves, and willing to share that with others, whether they enjoy it or not.


My personal favorite was the very first story I posted. It's amazing people on an EROTIC FICTION site take things to be as real as they are.. I even made the attempt to state this was all fantasy and got flamed for that. The first two postings lead to it so I've included them...

her finance NEEDS to drop this slut like a hot potato. She will be disease infested in no time and has in all likelyhood been screwing any and all at the college. She is pure trash, went dressed as trash to babysit, got drunk before going to babysit, and now lets teenagers bang her bare. Get real she will make lots of money as a whore. Her family already rented her out to the banker for his son and friend to use her. Dont need a second part to know where she is going!

My reply:
Obviously in today's world I would not condone unprotected sex with multiple partners. That being said, as these are works of fiction (gasp) there is some latitude where one can live out one's fantasies without the threat of disease, remorse, or even harm...and such is this story. The narrator/boyfriend enjoys seeing his fiance's needs satisfied...to his own enjoyment. The though of "cheating" on him is not even something he contemplates as he's comfortable with his and her feelings for each other...

And then the perfect reply from him:

the trick in fiction is to do it in such a way that it is really believable ---- from plot to characterization --- isn't it? of course, we KNOW "it is only a story"; that has never been argued by anyone (whether you authors realize it or not); our debates, ranting, criticisms, praises, what-not really are about whether the story is "good" or "bad".

"a good story" is one in which IN FICTION, in the mind of BOTH writer and reader, plots and characterization, HOWEVER FANTASTICAL THEY MAY BE!!!, come to, SOME HOW, resemble REALITY so much that whether the readers like them or not they start some heated DISCUSSIONS.

a "bad story" is one in which, EVEN IF YOU SAID YOU USED "real people [I just changed the names to protect the innocent," etc. ad nauseam], the readers still think it is nothing but horseshit, because the characters have, say, sex with all kinds of men/women, as they meet --- like, say, gays used to do in the 1970's and 1980's --- and STILL NO REPURCUSSIONS of any kind, either in marital discourse ("my husband loves to eat me afterwar! gosh, I was so surprised") or in terms of getting loads of highly vicious or even DEADLY germs, bacteria, and viruses... a "good story", then, usually gets the writer praises, both for his/her literary imagination (work) and as a writer (person).

a "bad story" (by which we readers usually take it as either an "insult" to our intelligence, decency, or a "waste of our time [as well as the author's time]" OR, oddly, an insult to CHARACTERS which readers have come to identify with... a condition which would normally indicate the author has achieved a certain levele of believability and yet has destroyed it maliciously? unwittingly?), ON THE OTHER HAND, also gets the author a real piece of the readers mind.

saying things like, "Well, come on folks, this is only a FICTION.... waht's the big fuss about?" misses the point; actually YOU THE AUTHOR are doing yourself a diservice to NEGATE your own creativity like that!
I wish I could get comments that were half as useful as these ones.
 
Alright. So I'm a little late to post to this thread, but I'm new here and figure it couldn't hurt.
I just wrote my first story recently, and I'm working on my second. So far, I've gotten positve feedback. Here are my two favorite.

"Hey dominatrixbarbie:

Just wanted to let you know that your story had me SO hard. The premise of the
story was great and I started getting hard as you built up to her return home.
Spitting on my hand to give a little lubrucation, I stroked my cock as I read
further and felt the heat rising, the tension building and the cum waiting as I
reached the climax of your story - and I have to say I came very hard near the
end. Four thick ropes of cum and all thanks to your writing.

Thanks for getting me off and for your wonderful writing. Here's hoping you'll
be able to write some more soon: you sure have the talent!

Best wishes,

HardInLyon"




"Comments:

I liked your story, Barbie! It was hot, well-written, and easy to cum to -- in a
word, perfect! Thanks! I don't often read other chick's stories, but yours was
worth the effort."


That made me feel terrific that she doesn't often read other female's stories... kind'a proud that I was one of the few.
 
1What a sick piece of shit
07/10/08 by Anonymous
Now--Am I speaking of the hero?-or-The author?--

On a story about a college-aged boy who handcuffs his girlfriend to the bedpost and eats her out to multiple orgasms.

It was probably the most vanilla story ever posted in BDSM.
 
lmao

Oh my god thats funny. I get so many of those because most of my writing is bondage with a sadistic bent. I am very clear in my postings that my stuff is sick, twisted and sadistic yet they read the whole thing then post how sick I am. lol. Readers, gotta luv um.

Dom Woolf
 
This is probably the most flattering feedback I've ever gotten. And I just got it the other day. I would really like to know who left it but it's from Anonymous.

"OMG!!!!
MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE!
Can I say anymore?
This is so romantic and sooo sweet.
I LOVED IT!
I love both chapters!
Keep writing more like this!
The beginning had me in tears xD
WHICH IS GOOD!!!!
You're amazing:) "


Here's a link to my story. Chapter 3 will be posting any day now.
http://www.literotica.com/stories/showstory.php?id=388694
http://www.literotica.com/stories/showstory.php?id=410236
 
Feedback

The worst feedback was pretty devestating to me because it was well-written, lucid, and wasn't the rant of some assclown. I have feedback like "OMG yur reTARDED!!! WURST STORY EVAAA"

I pay that no mind.

I tried a loving wives story and those apparently create a lot of controversy. One guy wrote me and said that I had no idea how the loving wife / husband relationship worked and it showed. He said I could put words on paper well but the actual story was one of the worst he ever read. He then gave me about 150+ words about WHY it was bad. It's a little personal to share but it killed me for a day.

The best was when a woman wrote me about Allison's Day, my first ever erotic story. She said she loved it, masturbated five times while reading it, and was looking forward to diddling herself again tomorrow.

God bless that woman.
 
My recently posted "Softly, By Moonlight" was a stylistic experiment for me and one that I was a bit nervous about. That's why this has to be right up there for favorite feedback:


"Softly by Moonlight is one of the best, unique creations I've read in quite some time. I loved how you weave your characters through time, the important "flicks" as Dad remembers and his daughter is so very special, so very lovely. My cock was dripping near the end and enjoyed a tremendous orgasm after the 2nd reading. Not to be so vulgar, the story was very touching, romantic and beautiful. The mom so encouraging, damn, you put it all together!"

The story link is here.
 
So I have been all too happy with my feedback:

here are a few of the cooler ones.
WONDERFUL!
This a great start to a very interesting story. Love the details you are using (not assumed or typical) but not long winded. It makes for a smooth flow. So looking forward to more. Hopefully soon ;p

Great first part!
Loving this so far. I was in tears all throughout the beginning and wow...what a twist! Very intriguing. I'm so happy to see you back too. Loved your first series on here and this one already has me sucked in. Your writing and imagination totally stand out on this site. Can't wait for the next chapter.

This next piece was a great piece of constructive criticism. This was from the end of my first Novel Gifted. Now, Gifted was all self edited, and in my own defense, I'm a bit dyslexic. But it was advice taken to heart, and my new novel has been much improved, all thanks to my wonderful editor. I'm hoping to ask her to help me reedit Gifted at some point.
Get an editor, please
Dear Josh, I enjoy your story very much even though I consider myself straight hetero. What annoys me considerably, however, is your constant use / misuse / abuse of words like: defiantly for definitely; where - were; your - you're; there - their; then - than; hart - hart; waist - waste; etc., etc. So, get an editor, please, to check on your spelling. It definitely decreases not only - I suspect - my reading enjoyment.

I do have to say though, one comment I have received over and over again for Gifted is how middle of the sexual road it is. It is very bisexual, and gives equal time to both straight and gay male sex. I get a lot of Gay folks tell me, "I'm not into straight sex, but i didn't mind it in this story." The same is true with my straight readers.

Now the Coolest feedback ever for me was this gem that came in just this past week:

My advice
just red your story (june 4)My humble advice is you must get yourself a publisher.

Swoon!!!

Well here is a link to my submissions page, if you would like to check any out.

Well Happy writing!!! (and reading!)

Josh
 
Last edited:
The worst feedback was pretty devestating to me because it was well-written, lucid, and wasn't the rant of some assclown. I have feedback like "OMG yur reTARDED!!! WURST STORY EVAAA"

I pay that no mind.

I tried a loving wives story and those apparently create a lot of controversy. One guy wrote me and said that I had no idea how the loving wife / husband relationship worked and it showed. He said I could put words on paper well but the actual story was one of the worst he ever read. He then gave me about 150+ words about WHY it was bad. It's a little personal to share but it killed me for a day.

The best was when a woman wrote me about Allison's Day, my first ever erotic story. She said she loved it, masturbated five times while reading it, and was looking forward to diddling herself again tomorrow.

God bless that woman.
Are you the guy who called me an assclown? I have only known two people to say that phrase, one is on TV and the other was some jackass who said something like, "you do know that ur an assclown cocksucker"

Another guy was pissed that I left the door open for a sequel in one of my stories and said, “You so obviously don’t give a damn about your story.” Yes, I care so little about my own story, if I did not care would I have NOT DONE THE STORY IN THE FIRST PLACE?

One guy gave feedback saying, "why no incest in an incest story...noob." Well that didn't read that the section is called INCEST/TABOO. And the story had a lot of Taboo in it, he just failed to notice.

I find it weird that the number one insult everyone seems to get is, "don't quit your dayjob." Umm, why would anyone quit their day jobs after getting into writing sex stories? I don't get that one at all; I don't even have a job!

Let's face facts; anyone who writes bad, purposefully negative feedback is a sad sad human being who has to put other people down to make themselves feel better.

Anyone who has the balls to put themselves and their ideas out there for all to read are definitely not cowards like those who send negative anonymous feedback
 
best, not worst...

...I am a rank newby to writing with only two stories posted on Lit...I haven't gotten any public comments on my latest project but the comment that is my favourite and that I consider the biggest compliment came from an anonymous reader in the UK: " I got horny as hell reading this and had to get some kleenex." ...now THAT is a compliment...:D
 
On my "One Night Only?" story someone posted saying:

"Join the modern era in the spelling of many words. An example is "centre" that is the old way not commonly used for 400 years now; the modern is "center" and goes more with the story setting."

Of course as many people but not this annonymous (aren't they always) commenter knows Centre is the British spelling. Center is Americanized.

Not a terrible comment to have but...really rather pointless is it not?
 
On my "One Night Only?" story someone posted saying:

"Join the modern era in the spelling of many words. An example is "centre" that is the old way not commonly used for 400 years now; the modern is "center" and goes more with the story setting."

Of course as many people but not this annonymous (aren't they always) commenter knows Centre is the British spelling. Center is Americanized.

Not a terrible comment to have but...really rather pointless is it not?


...heheheheh...oh yes, the oh so self righteous 'You aren't doing it right' gambit...the one email feedback I got that was negative (for Daddy's Elena) was like that...a 'senior' Lit writer felt it his bounden duty to take me to task "for my own good"...beginning his diatribe with an admonition to "not use an editor" he then went on with several paragraphs of editorial comment...he ended with the comment that since one of my 'worst' mistakes was so egregious, he hadn't even finished reading the story...then I looked up his profile and didn't feel bad at all...milady, I too tend to use Brit spellings, much of the time just because it is enjoyable...keep it up, drives 'em crazy...

grylion
 
On my "One Night Only?" story someone posted saying:

"Join the modern era in the spelling of many words. An example is "centre" that is the old way not commonly used for 400 years now; the modern is "center" and goes more with the story setting."

Of course as many people but not this annonymous (aren't they always) commenter knows Centre is the British spelling. Center is Americanized.

Not a terrible comment to have but...really rather pointless is it not?


Yeah, this one pisses me off too (see my comments above about somebody's complaints over the spelling of "favourite" in this thread's title). Anyway, even in America, it is a complete nonsense to claim that certain spellings "have not been commonly used for 400 years now". 400 years ago there was no standardised spelling and there was barely any America (at least in the sense of Europeans settling there), you have to wait until America isn't part of Britain any more and dictionaries standardise spelling (i.e. not much more than 200 years ago) before such solid and different spellings even begin to occur.

To be honest, I'm never very keen on the critics who make legitimate spelling and grammar complaints either. I mean, ok if it's actually illegible or incomprehensible, then yes by all means complain, but the odd slip that comes from just writing quickly (e.g. "there" instead of "their"), which is obviously incorrect but actually does nothing to damage your reading pleasure, is that really worth a comment?
 
Last edited:
I'm glad you liked it as it seems to have been pretty divisive. I've got some of my best comments from that story (some scarily keen ones), but also plenty more like this:

DISGUSTING FILTH
Your story was the most disgusting piece of trash I have EVER had the misfortune to read. If this story is any indication of your normal sexual fantasies then that causes me to wonder why people that know you haven't had you committed. Then again people with this kind of filth roaming about in their head probably don't have anyone that close to them.


Just imagine if everyone who had ever had a kinky incest fantasy did get committed! There'd be no room to deal with people with serious mental problems. I'd also add that maybe people whose idea of fun is trawling internet porn sites in order to find something they object to and then complaining about it may not have that many people close to them too. He says he's had the "misfortune" to read it like he accidentally stumbled into the incest section and unwittingly clicked on the one that said "Cuckolded By My Son". It must have been a terrible shock to him to find out what the story was about!

:rose:

Another funny one I got relating to this story came with the title treating him like a sack of shit, which had me thinking "oh God, not another one of those complaining rants", as I'm quite used to getting them on this story by now. However, the comment went on to be full of glowing praise. Turns out the guy found the story degrading and humiliating and absolutely loved it for that! Which was nice to hear.

treating him like a sack of shit
For anyone who enjoys tales of humiliation, as I occasionally do, this story is a winner. The author, a young man in his early 20s, has a very rich sadistic and masochistic imagination.

Another one I liked on the same story was this one below. I liked this one basically because the commenter wasn't necessarily a fan of my fetishes but just went along with it anyway. The idea that my writing could be somehow fascinating like that, rather than trashy stroke stories for people with the same perversions as me, was a novel and interesting one!

Phew
What a fuckfest of a story. Not comfortable with humiliation and incest issues but wow you write an imaginative story. Fascinatingly horrified but read every word and could conjure up the images. Spot on the button to suit my fetishes. I will read more of your 'shit" Well done

I'm inclined to think now that the kinkiness of my story was a sign of incredible imaginative prowess!
 
Last edited:
Everything I have posted above is anonymous comment. This one wasn't, but I think it's ok to post it here as the person who left it is clearly someone who likes my work generally as I've got a lot of good feedback on other stories from him. In fact, that's kind of why it's a memorable one, not so much a hilariously foaming at the mouth rant but more a distressing case of a fan turning against you. This one came on my most recent story and has genuinely made me wonder whether I've lost it a bit!

Wish I could rate it less than a zero...
In my opinion, you have written some of the very best stories in this genre...hands down. However, some of your stories have been simply horrendous...some of the worst I've ever read. Unfortunately, this series falls in the horrendous category...at least as far as I'm concerned. I thought it had a lot of potential in the first part (although it was rather bland) but the series quickly dropped off the face of the earth. You are one of the few writers here that I check out periodically, hoping that you churn out another of your masterpieces. Just my take on it...

It's an interesting one because it does contain one of the worst comment headers I've ever got ("Wish I could rate it less than a zero" is something nobody wants to hear about their story), but goes on to be quite complimentary about my work as a whole, even going so far as to refer to my earlier stories as "masterpieces". This makes it a far more effective comment to the writer's mind than one from somebody who was bound to hate the story all along!

:rose:
 
Nice to know I'm not the only one

Being a new author on literotica, I've just recently posted my Decision Day Series in BDSM, I was appalled to have some very negative feedback Anonymous of course, which boiled down to "I don't like what you have written these things can never happen, how dare you write this".

I see from other posts that this is fairly common.

I will now go on and write some more.
 
Maybe because I've been lucky (or cursed depending how one sees it), I've haven't gotten any feedback as of lately. When I first posted, I was on a roll, great comments and constructive criticism as well.
Lately, the worst anon I got was "Don't care." That says a lot. But, they took time to say something, so I left it up.
I figured if I posted more stories during contest time, I would get feedback, but that wasn't the case either.
 
I got this one the other day and it's really weird. It's kind of like this guy is angry with me because I might have brought out his latent gay side. Maybe he should have noticed he was in the transsexuals section!

totally gay
are you trying to turn us all into fucking queers, you fag? i got a link to this story saying it was a hot secretary fuck story and it started so well, tracy sounds so hot. but then she pulls out a cock and hes sucking on it. wtf man?! youve made us fantasise about this hottie and then told us shes really a man with a thick dick, i was still hard while i read about her fucking him with her monster cock. that shouldnt be allowed. you fags should stay in the gay porn section and not write about guys that look like hot girls. if i start to get gay thoughts after reading your queer fuck story then i'll hold you responsible and i'll come round and shove my own thick meat so far up your pretty little ass that you'll know how i feel from reading your story! gaz


I don't know how seriously to take this. Is this guy genuinely concerned about getting gay thoughts after reading this story? I like to think my story can have a bit of an impact but it's probably unlikely to turn a straight man gay! I think he's really struggling with some underlying issues here.

:rose:
 
"simply put, this story is so well-written it makes me burn with envy. caught up in the initial setting, i honestly forgot i was reading a literotica submission until it snatched me by the scrotum and delivered the knockout. bravo. i am not anonymous...this is dannyboy from the desert, phx az"

That has been my one of my best responses to date; it was so long ago that I forgot about it. It was my "Drug of Choice" story and it is still teetering in and out of H rankings.
 
Don't get many comments...actually three total on my five parts that have great ratings...which is why I don't complain. This one on the last part made my day!

"Please Sir, Can I have some more?
oh goodness, i can't wait till the next chapter comes out. i want more more more, and i want it now now now."

I'd trade a million comments for one like that any day! :D
 
One piece of feedback I received for The Peripheral Cocksucker stood out markedly:

And I now feel unhappy, like my life is sub-par and incomplete, due to my own noticeable lack of an easily-reprogrammable harem of extremely well-endowed women eagerly obsessing over me and my dick (and each other).
I'll get over that eventually, but that was some powerful stuff that did that. And like a drug, it makes me crave more in spite of what it does to me.
So hurry up and release the next part. :p

That my blatherings have made someone feel as though their life is incomplete is perhaps the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me.
 
I got this one the other day and it's really weird. It's kind of like this guy is angry with me because I might have brought out his latent gay side. Maybe he should have noticed he was in the transsexuals section!

totally gay
are you trying to turn us all into fucking queers, you fag? i got a link to this story saying it was a hot secretary fuck story and it started so well, tracy sounds so hot. but then she pulls out a cock and hes sucking on it. wtf man?! youve made us fantasise about this hottie and then told us shes really a man with a thick dick, i was still hard while i read about her fucking him with her monster cock. that shouldnt be allowed. you fags should stay in the gay porn section and not write about guys that look like hot girls. if i start to get gay thoughts after reading your queer fuck story then i'll hold you responsible and i'll come round and shove my own thick meat so far up your pretty little ass that you'll know how i feel from reading your story! gaz


I don't know how seriously to take this. Is this guy genuinely concerned about getting gay thoughts after reading this story? I like to think my story can have a bit of an impact but it's probably unlikely to turn a straight man gay! I think he's really struggling with some underlying issues here.

:rose:

This is kind of brilliant. I got another one from the same guy a little while later! Distinctly more positive in tone but clearly written by the same person (what's the point of submitting it anonymously if he signs his name at the bottom?!).

ok i'm interested
alright you dirty fuck, youve got me hooked now i cant stop reading. this is the third of your stories ive read now and i guess that means i'm converted to your queer way of thinking. i just cant help myself i dont want these gay thoughts but theyre there inside me now and all i can do to get them out is read your stories. i'm starting to be fascinated by these guys that look like girls and could really see myself in the straight husband in this story being convinced to suck on the girly boy's cock! i really must stop before i turn completely queer but i cant deny i'm pretty horny now. gaz


Even people who really like my stories don't comment as often or as long as this guy! This may be my favourite piece of feedback ever as there's almost like a developing story of him coming more and more to admit that he's into transsexuals.

:rose:
 
This is kind of brilliant. I got another one from the same guy a little while later! Distinctly more positive in tone but clearly written by the same person (what's the point of submitting it anonymously if he signs his name at the bottom?!).

He might be logged into the system as another persona, maybe even one with stories up, and doesn't want to attract negative voting attention to his/her own writing.

You just never know around here. :rolleyes:
 
I just got a good one today for my latest story. The response was that I should give up on writing from the male POV, because I'm a woman and clearly have no idea how men's minds actually work. Evidently I'm some sort of strident feminist--I mean, look at my low opinion of men in general! :D

...Okay, that last one is true. I mean, as a guy (just whacked off earlier today, pretty sure that was male junk I found), I can tell you first-hand that if there is a superior gender, we are not it. ;) But that makes being confused for a female writer a pretty big compliment. Men are simple. Women are complex. Getting them right? Not easy.

And the best part is that this feedback was meant as an insult. :D
 
Back
Top