The General Commentary Thread

I knew there was a running count online, couldn't recall where. Do you like that strange instrument -- a theremin -- used in the first dozen seasons?
Moving this here rather than clutter up the American Sentence thread. I didn't realise what it was until I was just researching the theme music but yes I do. But I must say it sounds like someone playing a saw! LIKE THIS

@Todski

There is such a feeling of repressed and seething anger, sadness mixed with rage roiling at the surface (not beneath) of this one. I haven't read them all, but they succeed in telling their story - enough that I would want to see something more like a memoir, or essay, an extended ode to the subjects of this fascinating story. The poem brings on a heavy, repressive atmosphere hanging over the reader of the poem - it breathes, it spews, it tries to exorcise pain. I hope it is successful, Tods.

I think (and it isn't just because of the place, although it has something to do with it) that your Hine-Titama evokes movies such as Rabbit-Proof Fence and The Last Wave.

My Inbox is driving me batty. telling me I have messages then when I look ........ nothing! G rrrrrrrr :mad:

My Inbox is driving me batty. telling me I have messages then when I look ........ nothing! G rrrrrrrr :mad:

I've seen the same thing, and others posted the same problem in the Lit tech support threads. I haven't seen any reasons for it or solutions. I think it's a glitch related in some way to their work updating the control panel etc. - not sure.

This was discussed in Authors hangout too - it seems that spam get through but are then blanket deleted by Lauren or someone else above.

I've seen the same thing, and others posted the same problem in the Lit tech support threads. I haven't seen any reasons for it or solutions. I think it's a glitch related in some way to their work updating the control panel etc. - not sure.

Someone was spamming pms recently as well.

This was discussed in Authors hangout too - it seems that spam get through but are then blanket deleted by Lauren or someone else above.

Oh well some comfort that I'm not alone I suppose. I get to worrying that somebody may think I'm ignoring them!

Is anyone interested in another Double blind? I won't start a new thread if nobody is interested and/or too busy.

Is anyone interested in another Double blind? I won't start a new thread if nobody is interested and/or too busy.

I'm always interested in the DB. I may not have anything written to crit, but I'll definitely make time to crit.

Where Have All the Poets Gone?Where Have All the Poets Gone?Where Have All the Poets

If you have 50 minutes to spend,
Sook-Yin Lee's video
Where Have All the Poets Gone?,
may be of interest.
Very much focused on Canada
and English Canada at that
but extends well beyond the
True North Strong and Free.​

Speaking of which, I wish I knew how to get a bigger response from all the poets I know are out there. Please don't let this place die, it's only you can keep it breathing.

Speaking of which, I wish I knew how to get a bigger response from all the poets I know are out there. Please don't let this place die, it's only you can keep it breathing.

I think it is just a matter of getting through the Holidays for most of us Americans.

Although I admit to being especially bogged down with Winter preparations around the farm. All the outdoor cats need warm places to stay and unfrozen water on a daily basis. They have nothing to live in but uninsulated drafty barns nearing 100 years old. Most of the infirm and smallest kittens are currently running amok in my house.

I think it is just a matter of getting through the Holidays for most of us Americans.

Although I admit to being especially bogged down with Winter preparations around the farm. All the outdoor cats need warm places to stay and unfrozen water on a daily basis. They have nothing to live in but uninsulated drafty barns nearing 100 years old. Most of the infirm and smallest kittens are currently running amok in my house.

How many cats have you got?!!

How many cats have you got?!!

Ummmm........ let's see .......

Inside:

Hester, Clamont, Tango, Walter, Mango, Grayson, Peepers, Bob, Whisky, Yoda, Wilson, Scruff, Waylon, Camper, Ollie, Buttons, Hekyll, Jekyll, Hyde, Tucker, Mittens and Estoria.

Hekyll and Jekyll might go live with a nephew.

Outside:

Crush, Al, Spanky, Allie, J.J., Puff, Jessie, Cranky, Opie, Beaver, Steve, Darrel, Lenny, Mario, Flash, Sparks, Waldorf, Manny, Psy, Meese, Squint, Fozzi, Kermit, Ren, Stimpy, Gracie, Charles, Nelson, Riley, Squiggy and 4 yet to be named kittens.

And that's not counting the others that passed away this year.

Last edited:
Ummmm........ let's see .......

Inside:

Hester, Clamont, Tango, Walter, Mango, Grayson, Peepers, Bob, Whisky, Yoda, Wilson, Scruff, Waylon, Camper, Ollie, Buttons, Hekyll, Jekyll, Hyde, Tucker, Mittens and Estoria.

Hekyll and Jekyll might go live with a nephew.

Outside:

Crush, Al, Spanky, Allie, J.J., Puff, Jessie, Cranky, Opie, Beaver, Steve, Darrel, Lenny, Mario, Flash, Sparks, Waldorf, Manny, Psy, Meese, Squint, Fozzi, Kermit, Ren, Stimpy, Gracie, Charles, Nelson, Riley, Squiggy and 4 yet to be named kittens.

And that's not counting the others that passed away this year.

Bloody hell .......... stunned! I can see you have your hands full .......... and your coffers empty I should think!

Back