As The Hospital Pervs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doctor Danger verbally assaulted the Resident. After that Doctor Danger told me off in a bad way. The Resident looked at me. We didn't talk. Doctor Danger said: What? Don't make me feel sorry for you two. He threw his sterile gown on the floor and walked away.

I said to the Resident: You are doing a great job.
He said: No, you are doing a great job.

And we worked.

It is damned near impossible to be original here. Have a gold star. Have another. I wanna read you even when you don't wanna write. There's a bunch of toadies. I know. There's a cock you should eat...

I get gold stars on my writing chore chart for you reading me when I don’t want to write? It is too late for thirty stars has September, because those who can’t write do. I am greedy for more stars.

It looked something like this.

case30_fig13.jpg

twitching

I just want to play with the peripheral nerve stimulater.
Neuromuscular blocking agents have been used in the operating room for years as an adjunct to anaesthetics and are now utilized in intensive care units for the management of critically ill patients. Train of Four (TOF) testing performed to measure the degree of neuromuscular blockade using a peripheral nerve stimulator, can assist the practitioner to administer high quality care, given very challenging clinical situations. The goal is to ensure that the patient is adequately paralyzed with neuromuscular blocking agents (NMBA) using TOF monitoring.

The football game yesterday prompted a medical question:

Is it possible to get knocked out (by trauma) without suffering a concussion?

I know the gas-passers can knock you out without it, but this is a sports trauma question.

The football game yesterday prompted a medical question:

Is it possible to get knocked out (by trauma) without suffering a concussion?

I know the gas-passers can knock you out without it, but this is a sports trauma question.
It is my understanding that a traumatic injury to the head that leads to a ‘knock out’ as in loss of consciousness (even if it is brief period of time), is considered to be a concussion which is a temporary injury to the brain.

That being said not everyone that has a concussion gets ‘knocked out’ so there may be injury, without loss of consciousness.

The severity of the concussion depends on other neurological symptoms.

CT scans usually do not reveal any damage unless the injury is severe enough to cause bleeding and swelling inside the brain. The person needs to have baseline, and follow up assessments.

Following an initial head injury even if it is mild there is a vulnerable period for re-injury.

I do not think little children should play football at all.

It's flu shot time. If you want to get back at the senior management, volunteer to work the vax table and think: You want to budget cut ancillary staff? You want to pull our nurses to the ER?

Get the biggest needle and stab them with it in the arm.

This won't hurt a bit.

Oh? Was that a 14 gauge blunt needle? We must have ran out of the smaller needles, budget cuts and stuff.

It's flu shot time. If you want to get back at the senior management, volunteer to work the vax table and think: You want to budget cut ancillary staff? You want to pull our nurses to the ER?

Get the biggest needle and stab them with it in the arm.

This won't hurt a bit.

:D:D:heart:

It is my understanding that a traumatic injury to the head that leads to a ‘knock out’ as in loss of consciousness (even if it is brief period of time), is considered to be a concussion which is a temporary injury to the brain.

That being said not everyone that has a concussion gets ‘knocked out’ so there may be injury, without loss of consciousness.

CT scans usually do not reveal any damage unless the injury is severe enough to cause bleeding and swelling inside the brain. The person needs to have baseline, and follow up assessments.

Following an initial head injury even if it is mild there is a vulnerable period for re-injury.

Thank you, I was pretty sure that a head impact that caused loss of consciousness was a concussion, but everyone else was arguing with me.

And I agree about kids not playing ANY contact sport, if only because of risk of damage to epiphysial (sp?) plates. Just not worth it.

Thank you, I was pretty sure that a head impact that caused loss of consciousness was a concussion, but everyone else was arguing with me.

And I agree about kids not playing ANY contact sport, if only because of risk of damage to epiphysial (sp?) plates. Just not worth it.
You are right and even without LOC there can be a concussion. The LOC is not what defines the concussion.

I thought for the first time: I am an ICU RN, as if I didn’t know that before.

My lines and room looked better but it cost me much energy. I am still kind of shocked, and in need of debriefing. I feel kind of empty.

It's just another day. I am so sad, sometimes I feel so sad.

The Beatles are the best.

I don't like the thought of you being sad. If you are willing, I will debrief you and give you a hug. Might help buffer the sadness a bit. Unless you are attached to your sadness, that is.

Great question and as always, a phenomenal answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back