Serpent's Tooth

Cherubian

Ripple in the Water
Joined
Aug 1, 2010
Posts
2,192
[This thread is currently closed]

This thread is about the adventures of Phyliss and Verialyn, two not quite so normal girls.

We are constantly looking for guest writers willing to write the part of one (or more) NPCs that the girls interact with. We do not require that these guest writers post three or more paragraphs with each post, but we prefer them to post frequently.

If you are interested, feel free to PM me to discuss the details. I am looking forward to hear from you.
 
Last edited:
Phyliss Ovida
Age: real age unknown, but her physical appearance indicates something between 23 -26 years. Unaging.
Race: Gorgon
Tall: 5'7
Bodytype: slim, 36-24-36 36C
Weight: 121 lbs
Hair:a bunch black-greenish snakes instead of hair
Further description: A beautiful woman, but quite unusual because of her snake-hair and her yellow eyes. Her skin is human, but pale with a light olive tone in it.
Equipment: She has a large bag with different clothes, some healing potions and a poisoned dagger in it. She has some jewelery that she is wearing and some money in her bag.

Background: Phyliss always enjoye luxury life and was quit used to it, but only as long as she had a powerful and rich protector. Often enough she had to flee because some intolerant gits threatened her to leave or silly peasants killed her protectors in some stupid uproar. She had traveled far and had found some friends, but lost them because they were mortals and not unaging like her. Many years ago she met a female vampire, who was even a lot older then her, although they matched in age as for physical appearance. Sometimes they departed (mostly when Phyliss had fallen in love with some man), but met again later, and many more times they traveled together.

If you need pics, imagine her as a mix of these two:

3.bp.blogspot.com/_v0641cDjL6I/SHsPr5XKmNI/AAAAAAAABEY/66ytgUD2MdE/s1600-h/scan+1.jpg

//3.bp.blogspot.com/-XfeYqwA7BT8/ThGZKIAbVKI/AAAAAAAAAuY/uyDf2BGjKXE/s1600/Medusa_stuck.jpg
 
Last edited:
Verialyn Kallidis

Age: Real age several centuries, appears to be 21
Race: Human/Vampire
Gender. female
Tall: 5'6
Body type: slim, 34-23-36DD
Weight: 116 lbs
Description:
Verialyn appears to be the perfect embodiment of every male's lustful dreams.

A mane of more than shoulder long raven black hair frames a delicate face of almost ethereal, angelic beauty sporting high cheekbones, an ideally proportioned nose and large, captivating dark brown eyes. That impression is enhanced even further by the complexion of her soft, silken, seemingly flawless skin which is of an extremely light, almost pale tone.

Her body is a great match for this face as well, with slender, toned limbs like the pair of long shapely legs that end in a pert and trim, but deliciously small behind beneath a slim waist. Likely her most striking feature though, are her breasts, large and eye catchingly massive, almost plump do they hang weightily from her chest, of a volume not usually found on someone of her build.

Backstory:

Verialyn had led the pleasant although rather unexciting live of the sole daughter of a rich merchant in one of the cities to the far east until the age of 17. Since the merchant had no son, Verialyn was trained to be able to look for herself, and got swordsmanship and unarmed combat training from a very early age on. Much to her initial surprise, she enjoyed this, just like the occasional interlude with one of her many suitors.

This could have gone on for quite some time if not one of her nighttime companions turned out to be more than met the eye at first - a rather old and powerful vampire. However fortune smiled upon her that very night. Just as her sire-to-be was about to turn her into a vampire a group of vampire hunters that had been tracking him for months burst into the room. The ensuing battle was fierce, but it ended with the vampire being destroyed and turned into a pile of ash.

The due to the loss of blood almost dead Verialyn was brought back to her parents home and nursed back to health, but unnoticed by anyone but herself some of the vampire's blood had made it into her bloodstream prior to the intervention of the vampire hunters. Thus started her slow transformation. She gradually started to notice a change of appetite. Her senses also heightened, and her speed, strength and resiliency increased. Maybe due to the slow transformation process although noone can tell for sure that this was the reason, she never felt uneasy in the sunlight, a stark contrast to the lethal effect it has on other vampires. However it also meant that some of the more esoteric vampire powers, like the transformation in a bat or a cloud of gas, or the ability to dominate a human's mind, never manifested themselves in her.

When it became more and more difficult to hide the change she had gone through - a diet of 100% blood is not deemed socially acceptable - Verialyn decided to move on. She left her family behind and started traveling the world, trying to keep her secret just that and learning from various masters on her way. During the centuries of her travels she became a true master of bladed weapons and unarmed combat, further enhanced by her enormous unnatural strength and speed. Today she is a prime example of the fact that appearances can in fact be very deceiving.
 
Last edited:
The Narrator

The night had already settled over Maadorian, capital of the once proud Empire of Acturios. The territories of the empire may have crumbled, and its power may have waned, but Maadorian was still a metropolis. Placed at the crossing of the two most important trade routes of the continent riches from all over the wourld still poured into the city, now firmly in the grasp of the ruling merchant families, the king only a powerless marionette.

In his palace in the Merchant quarter Flavius Kornalis, head of the Kornalis merchant family and one of the wealthiest men in the city, was catering his two guests. He had shown remarkkable skill in the familie's business since he had inherited it from his father, and now at 50 years of age was respected throughout the city, at least as much as the envy of his competitors would allow for respect. The good food and the various pleasures that came with his wealth had caused his belly to develop a sizeable girth, somewhat laminated by his exquisite clothing.

One of his guests he knew quite well, even though they had met the last time more than 10 years ago. Phyliss Ovida indeed stood out, mostly due to the fact that she was a gorgon, coupled with her beauty and acquaintance with etiquette. What few others knew was that she was also a capable mage, and with her skill she had helped Flavius a great deal those ten years ago. So when he had heard that she was in the city again he had immediately sent for her. For old times sake - and because he was still grateful for what she did for him back then - but also because he could use her help agin.

He knew little about the gorgon's companion. She looked like a mere human, and a young one at that. Her beauty matched that of the gorgon, although she did not have the exotic and cultivated bearing of Phyliss. Her demeanor instead was very natural, almost innocent. But Flavius was no fool, and if this woman was a valued travel companion of Phyliss there must be more to her than met the eye. He had spent a lifetime evaluating people, and his trained eyes took in minor details during the hours of conversation. There was a certain confidence in that woman's movements that belied her young age. And he had not seen her eat a single bite since she arrived. If Phyliss trusted her, then so would he.

So after the dinner was over and the servants were dismissed, Flavius finally changed the topic of the conversation.

"My dear Phyliss and Verialyn. I am of course glad to have both of you with me. But I am also glad for another reason. The lady Ovida has done me a great favour when we last met years ago. And I fear I have to ask for your generosity again, because trouble is again brewing. The endeavour is dangerous, I will not deny that, and therefore I leave it up to you if you even want to hear the details. "
 
Last edited:
Phyliss Ovida

Phyliss sat down and felt quite comfortable. This was one of the places she liked to dwell around; she felt much more at home in the high society then anywhere else. She knew all the habits and the etiquette, knew the proper dances, the right gossip for the smalltalk and anything else a lady had to know. She was still dressed in the green velvet dress with the black velour-belt and her black boots she often wore when she traveled among the cities. It was not so splendid and outstanding like her evening dresses, but certainly much more elegnat than anything else someone would expect to wear outside a fine mansion. It was an odd habit of her to dress up even in wilderness and to put on makeup even if she would be in a desert. She would have liked to stay here for same time and didn't really want to leave so soon. But she liked her host, and knew that his reward would be splendid and would open his and many more houses for her in the future any time. So she just had to listen what he asked of her.
"Please speak, dear Flavi." she smiled at him. "You know we never had any secrets between us. You can trust Verialynn, too."
 
"As you wish" Flavius nodded politely, his gaze lingering on Phyliss for a second. He was relieved that she might be willing to help him. After taking another sip from his wine goblet he continued.

"The problem is house Mercurius. It is relatively new amongst the merchant houses of Maadorian, and it has risen in power quickly. Very quickly in fact. All the other houses are concerned.

The main reason for their rise is their complete lack of scruples. I will not try to pretend that the other houses are saints, but we do have our limits. Not so the Mercurians. They freely use whatever criminal tactic they think will get them to their goals the fastest, it is even said they employ the Dark Arts on occasion. This has to stop.

Fortunately there is a way. The base of their power is their economic standing, and that in return rests on the contracts they pressed from various other businesses in Maardorian. Sometimes tricking them, sometimes using outright blackmail or even threats. If these contracts were void all of a sudden, house Mercurius would crumble. Which is why I need someone to retrieve them.

That will not be easy. All we know is that they are all kept together in a safe hidden somewhere in their main estate here in Maardorian, the residence of Antides Mercurius, currently head of house. And we know that there exists only one key to that safe, which Antides keeps on a chain aroudn his neck all the time. We do not know where in the house the safe is.

Antides and his thugs know most of my men, so an outsider - in particular an outsider with unusual gifts - would have a much better chance at getting into the mansion unnoticed. Which is why I was thinking of the two of you. Of course you will get any assistance from me that you require. But I guess first of all you have questions that need to be answered."

With that last sentence he smiled at Phyliss.
 
Last edited:
Phyliss Ovida

Phyliss thought of that. It was dangerous, but if they suceeded, not only Kornalis, but all merchant houses in the city would be quite happy of that. This meant plenty rich houses that could give her accomodation. She never cared for the concerns of merchants, but she liked happy and generous merchants who were tolerant enough to welcome a gorgon. So this was settled for her, and probably for Veralynn, who was not intimidated by any danger.
"Ohhn I don't know yet. It sounds very dangerous. Would we stand a achanges? I hardly know anything about that man." she hesitated, although her mind was made up.
 
The Narrator - Flavius

Flavius could sense that Phyliss was seriously considering to accept the offer. The smile on his face brightened.

"Which is only good, my dear, as it also means he knows nothing about you. Of course we can fill some of these gaps.

Antides Mercurius is about 40 years old. His third wife died under mysterious circumstances two months ago. It is rumored that he was quite involved in the illegal affairs of his house prior to its rise, and is still quite skilled in the ways of the underworld, but also a capable fighter. If he himself has magical capabilities he has hidden them very well, but he employs at least one mage."

Mages were a very rare commodity in this world, so even one such employee emphasized his status.

"We have already tried to come up with plans to infiltrate the mansion, but unfortunately nothing suited to your abilities. What we know is that tomorrow morning the head of their household will purchase new slaves at an associate of mine who would be willing to cooperate. We also have someone at hand who is able to forge a slave tattoo with waterproof color. However noone will believe that you are sold as household slave, my dear. As a gorgon you are simply too exquisite for that.

There is also a ball at the mansion a few days from now, and I might be able to procure some invitations, but I am not sure this will aid us.

If you have any further ideas, I would gladly hear them."

---

Verialyn quietly watched the scene unfold before her. She would let Phyllis do the talking for now, since the gorgon was at a far greater risk should they fail.
 
Last edited:
Phyliss Ovida

Phyliss pulled a face. "A slave.hmmmm." she made a pause. Would she really do that? It could be a very exciting adventure, on the other hand... And Flavius had really to pay lot if she did. "This is quite something you are asking from us, and of course Verialynn must accept your conditions to. I renember we hadn't talked about that part yet." she picked up a goblet to have some more wine, although she was really careful today. She looked around in the room and asked casually: "How does he look?"
 
Flavius replied

"As I mentioned, it would be risky for you to let yourself to be sold as slave. You are too unique not to catch attention. If you still want to risk it, it might work nevertheless. And it might actually get you close to Antides relatively fast. Your companion" he looked in Verialyn's direction "would fit in easier, although she surely will attract attention as well."

"How does he look?" Flavius could not help but laugh a little at that question "Well, at first glance one would say average. He has a small scar on his right cheek. He is black haired with a dark skin complexion. Not really beautiful, but there is something sinister about him. Not that this deters the ladies, he is a man of power after all."
 
Phyliss Ovida

"That doesn't sound that bad." she thought.
"Maybe I think about it." she said.
"What do you think of it, Verialynn?"
 
Verialyn Kallidis

Verialyn reclined a little in her chair. The dark blue silken dress she had bought earlier today for this occasion felt good on her body. It clung tightly to her emphasizing her forms, but was rather conservative compared to what she usually wore. Not much of a cleavage, and only slit at one side to allow the legs some freedom. The only accessoires she wore were the black sandals. As usual no jewelry, and nothing underneath.

As Phyliss addressed her she replied "If you are fine with it, then so am I. It does indeed sound risky, but with high rewards. And I am sure Flavius will compensate us adequately." She had to chuckle "When are you given the opportunity to bring down a whole merchant house in a single day?

It is your call."
 
Phyliss Ovida

"Hmmm, I still have to think about this..." she looked around and played with her necklace. In opposite to Verialynn, she always wore jewelery, and she always enjoyed to have enough of it to change and combine it. Her snakes curled around her head, as she pretended to ponder about it. Then she stopped and looked at Flavius, after lashing her eyes.
"Now, because I like you so much I will think we will risk it. I would not do this for anybody else. It is not for the money, although we are both short of it."
 
Verialyn just gave another nod. "So be it, we get into merchant business." She had to smile again.

---

Flavius found it hard to read Verialyn. It seemed to him that she was well aware of the dangers of what lay ahead of them, but she still considered this as a game for her amusement. As long as she would help him he did not care.

Outwardly he replied "I am really glad you are helping me. Do you really both intend to infiltrate the mansion as slaves, or do you want to try another route?"
 
Phyliss Ovida

The thought to enter the mansion as a slave did shock and excite Phyliss at the same time. She accepted not only for the reward and the opportunity to get a foot into other merchant families who were supressed by Mercurius, but also for kicks. Acting as slave might be thrilling, but...
"Before I decide that, we should think what other routes we have. I should imagine that they have made preperations against cat burglars, so that is probably out. What else is possible there?"
 
Flavius nodded. "The main problem for cat burglary is that we do not even know where the safe is. And if the rumors are true you really need the key from Antides' necklace to open it, nothing else will do. So even if you can get past the guards...

Getting close to Antides for his key can be arranged during one of the festivities at his mansion. He is known to be fond of his female guests, whether they arrived with company or not. But one evening will probably not be long enough to search the estate for the safe. And since almost everyone working there is a slave, that seems like the only way in for at least one of you."
 
Phyliss Ovida

"I see." said Phyliss. "Our best chances are probably to enter as one guest and one slave."
Phyliss wasn't really sure what role she should take. She was used to enter as guest, but it would be rather unfair to make Verialynn the slave and herself the guest for it. Was it? And, by the way, maybe acting as slave had more thrills. She could not make her mind up.
"I propose we pull straws or better make a little game who is going to be slave or guest." she said.
 
Verialyn Kallidis

"I would not mind going the slave route" Verialyn replied with a wicked grin. "Never tried that one before. I would have to be really obedient, of course." Phyliss should know her dark side well enough by now to know that she meant what she said.

"But speaking seriously, going in as two slaves could be as successful, assuming one of us manages to catch Antides' attention. Of course there is always a risk involved, we will in all regards be just slaves. It is completely up to you, then, which route you want to chosse, Phyliss."
 
Phyliss Ovida.

"Now, first option, You are slave and I am guest. Second option is, I am slave and you are guest. Third option, we are both slaves." Phyliss put some beads in her emptied goblet.
"The red ones are for option one, the blue ones for two and the black ones for three." She got up and walked up behind Flavius.
"You decide. You simply pull out a bead with not looking."
 
Verialyn looked away as her slender hand dove into the goblet, turning the beads over a couple times, and finally holding up one of them.

It was black.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Verialyn looked at Phyliss seriously in the eyes "There is quite the chance that someone will force himself onto you."
 
Phyliss Ovida

Phyliss was indeed a bit shocked, but the game was her idea and she would not pull back.
"No risk, no fun." she said, trying to act cool, but her swirling snakes betrayed her poker face.

"There is just one big problem. What shall I wear for the slave market?"
 
Last edited:
"Welll, then we will both try to enter as slaves" She turned to Flavius "So what are the exact arrangements?"

Flavius was a little surprised at the outcome, but the plan was a good one, so he would not complain.

"Well" the merchant replied "the head of the Mercurius household will visit my associate tomorrow morning at dawn. So you would have to be ready by then. We will apply the fake tattoo only shortly before that, so it lasts as long as possible. You will both be wearing only primitive robes and sandals, which I will provide. No make-up, and no jewelry.

My associate will of course offer other slaves as well, but will make sure you two are the most attractive option to buy. Not that It would be easy for him to arrange otherwise" he added with a smile.

"Since you need to get up very early tomorrow, I would suggest you get a good rest tonight"

Verialyn nodded, slightly disappointed at the prospect of sleeping alone, but there was wisdom in what he said.
 
Phyliss Ovida

Phyliss face fell as she heard the proposal of her costume.
"No make-up? Primitive robes?" she looked stunned. Now, she had accepted the deal, to late to complain. Probably Flavius was right and it was saver to follow his advice.
"This will at least triple the price" she pouted very low, not aware if anyone would hear her.
 
Last edited:
Verialyn slowly rose. She had sort of predicted Phyliss' reaction to this announcement, but the gorgon would survive it. It was already late, and she better went and got herself some rest.

"In this case, if you will excuse me I would prefer to go to bed right now. There are demanding days ahead of us."

She bowed one last time before Flavius and turned to leave the room. Flavius curtly nodded back and replied "I wish you a good night's rest, mylady".
 
Last edited:
Phyliss Ovida
(Marcus? Living in the past) :D

Phyliss said goodnight, but was still sulking as she got to bed, and did not try to hide that in any way. But she got to bed and tried to sleep.
 
Back
Top