I have to shave my head.

warrior queen

early bird snack pack
Next Friday, 13th Feb, I am having surgery and they told me today in my pre-op interview that they will need to shave about a three-inch square of hair off the top of my head.
No way am I.walking around with a square patch of bald!
So.... I will go get it all shaved off.
Now I have to go hunt for hats and scarves.....

#lookatme

Ok, I'm finally going to respond to your snark....
There are some people here who know what's actually going on, and it's a fuckload easier for me to put it out in a thread than it is to pm each person individually.
Don't like it?
Tough shit.
And fuck off.

Yw.

I can see how shaving your head for brain surgery could be the most disturbing part of brain surgery.

Continuing on....
It's Stage 1 and they are not anticipating any change to that, so we're all quietly confident.
A couple of months without hair though! :eek:

Next Friday, 13th Feb, I am having surgery and they told me today in my pre-op interview that they will need to shave about a three-inch square of hair off the top of my head.
No way am I.walking around with a square patch of bald!
So.... I will go get it all shaved off.
Now I have to go hunt for hats and scarves.....

I think you could definitely pull off a pink wig. ;)

I can see how shaving your head for brain surgery could be the most disturbing part of brain surgery.

Not brain surgery.
Melanoma.
Bloody typical.... I put sunscreen on religiously every day, but I get one right on the top of my head.

It's high summer here. Wigs would be awful in this weather.
But you're right - I would totally rock that!

Oh, screw it! Be proud and go bald!!! Just put on some dangly earrings and rock out! Wishing you well on the surgery. *hugs and snuggles*

Oh, screw it! Be proud and go bald!!! Just put on some dangly earrings and rock out! Wishing you well on the surgery. *hugs and snuggles*

Ty :)
I'm not as stressed as I thought I'd be.
And they're doing it under 'twilight sedation' and local, so no overnight stay. I get to go home to my own bed.

This is just a bump in your road. You are strong willed and your outlook on life reflects in your smile. You will be fine.

:cool:

Melanoma? Really? Didn't know. And sunscreens are supposed to be bad for ya now. Eh, can't win, right?

Good luck, queenie! :rose:

Since it'll be hot, another vote for dangly earrings, plus rhinestone cat's eye sunglasses. And best wishes, WQ.

Not brain surgery.
Melanoma.
Bloody typical.... I put sunscreen on religiously every day, but I get one right on the top of my head.

Damn, melanoma even though you have hair?
That blows chucks. I sure you already knew that, so sorry for stating the obvious.

Yah, definitely shave your head. In fact, before you go for the outpatient procedure, I suggest you get in the shower and bic it smooth so there's no stubble. You'll have less issues with keeping the affected area clean while it heals up and your hair will grow out evenly.
The biggest thing is always remembering to wear a hat. Sunburned scalp probably doesn't suck as much as melanoma removal, but it still sucks plenty. No need to add to misery after all.

On the plus side, you'll have a chance to really explore which hat/scarf looks you can rock.

Good luck!

Damn, melanoma even though you have hair?
That blows chucks. I sure you already knew that, so sorry for stating the obvious.

Yah, definitely shave your head. In fact, before you go for the outpatient procedure, I suggest you get in the shower and bic it smooth so there's no stubble. You'll have less issues with keeping the affected area clean while it heals up and your hair will grow out evenly.
The biggest thing is always remembering to wear a hat. Sunburned scalp probably doesn't suck as much as melanoma removal, but it still sucks plenty. No need to add to misery after all.

On the plus side, you'll have a chance to really explore which hat/scarf looks you can rock.

Good luck!

Speaking to the melanoma guy today, it seems skin cancer on the head (face, scalp, ears) is the most common.
Hair doesn't protect you at all.
I use sunscreen on my entire body every day.... everywhere except my scalp.

Somebody should get to inventing a hair treatment that gives factor 50 protection without making the hair.greasy!

Speaking to the melanoma guy today, it seems skin cancer on the head (face, scalp, ears) is the most common.
Hair doesn't protect you at all.
I use sunscreen on my entire body every day.... everywhere except my scalp.

Somebody should get to inventing a hair treatment that gives factor 50 protection without making the hair.greasy!

They have!
It's called a hat.

Back