What pissed you off today? Mark II

Status
Not open for further replies.
My new neighbors, after buying the home down the street with its majestic, towering trees, are proceeding to cut down every last one of them.

Why the hell didn't you just buy a house in a fucking field, morons?

Toddler vs. Tiffany-style lamp= broken lamp and an enraged mom with no outlet. My immediate concern was making sure he didn't step in glass cause that would be bad, so he didn't get corrected immediately. Pointless to do it now, he wouldn't know what he's getting yelled at over.

Somehow the shade didn't shatter, though the support rods broke away from the base. Hubby should be able to fix. But damned if I'm not livid from the scare (its a lot of glass) and from the fact it happened after I had just corrected him.

*headdesk*

Turns out rage plus dizzy/feeling faint makes for a shitty way to wind down in the evening.

My Polish friend got pregnant despite using an IUD. Hearing about the lenghts she has to go to to get an abortion is making me sad and pissed off at the same time.

Why is she having such a hard time? Its not like she could carry to term with the IUD in place, right? Nor did she just recklessly have random sex with no pregnancy prevention, she did what she was supposed to do.

*Sigh*

I spent my entire three days off dealing with other people's shit.

No real rest. And nothing productive accomplished. I might as well have just gone to work. At least I might've made money then. :rolleyes:

So I go back tomorrow, on a 24-hour shift (I hate Thursdays), and I'm no better off than I was before I took the break.

Next time I do this, I'm turning my phone off and not telling ANYONE that I'm not working.

Why is she having such a hard time? Its not like she could carry to term with the IUD in place, right? Nor did she just recklessly have random sex with no pregnancy prevention, she did what she was supposed to do.

The IUD was removed, but she didn't miscarry in the process, so the pregnancy continues. Abortion is illegal in Poland.

She can't have medical abortion any more, because she's too many weeks in (no periods because of the IUD, so she only noticed she's pregnant about 9-10 weeks in). The medical abortion, while still illegal, would have been quite easy to arrange, because Women on Waves send the pills to countries where abortion is illegal.

The IUD was removed, but she didn't miscarry in the process, so the pregnancy continues. Abortion is illegal in Poland.

She can't have medical abortion any more, because she's too many weeks in (no periods because of the IUD, so she only noticed she's pregnant about 9-10 weeks in). The medical abortion, while still illegal, would have been quite easy to arrange, because Women on Waves send the pills to countries where abortion is illegal.

So, the IUD failed and she's now royally screwed into a pregnancy she didn't want. That's horrid. If she doesn't want or can't keep the child, is adoption an option or does the paternal participant want the baby?

I can't imagine being forced to go through a pregnancy I didn't want and had taken steps to prevent.

So, the IUD failed and she's now royally screwed into a pregnancy she didn't want. That's horrid. If she doesn't want or can't keep the child, is adoption an option or does the paternal participant want the baby?

I can't imagine being forced to go through a pregnancy I didn't want and had taken steps to prevent.

She's having an abortion next week, but it hasn't been easy to arrange.

Putting the baby into an orphanage could be an option, but well, it's not likely the baby would get adopted, the orphanages are incredibly full and the conditions unfortunately aren't the greatest there. Only some of the kids get foster parents, few get adopted.

Toddler vs. Tiffany-style lamp= broken lamp and an enraged mom with no outlet. My immediate concern was making sure he didn't step in glass cause that would be bad, so he didn't get corrected immediately. Pointless to do it now, he wouldn't know what he's getting yelled at over.

Somehow the shade didn't shatter, though the support rods broke away from the base. Hubby should be able to fix. But damned if I'm not livid from the scare (its a lot of glass) and from the fact it happened after I had just corrected him.

*headdesk*

Turns out rage plus dizzy/feeling faint makes for a shitty way to wind down in the evening.
I've always felt that you had your priorities pretty damn straight (his safety > correction). Please take care of him, the oncoming sib, and yourself (in pretty much that order), and know that there is a Vix-and-fambly antenna beaming your way :rose:

*Sigh*

I spent my entire three days off dealing with other people's shit.

No real rest. And nothing productive accomplished. I might as well have just gone to work. At least I might've made money then. :rolleyes:

So I go back tomorrow, on a 24-hour shift (I hate Thursdays), and I'm no better off than I was before I took the break.

Next time I do this, I'm turning my phone off and not telling ANYONE that I'm not working.
Huggles, lil sis!

She's having an abortion next week, but it hasn't been easy to arrange.

Putting the baby into an orphanage could be an option, but well, it's not likely the baby would get adopted, the orphanages are incredibly full and the conditions unfortunately aren't the greatest there. Only some of the kids get foster parents, few get adopted.
There are SO many potentially wonderful parents out there who, for whatever reason, can't have their own children. While I'm neither a "Lifer" nor a "Choicer," I find it hard to understand why the scales between prospective parents and available children are *so* unbalanced.

I hope things go well for your friend next week, and for my impossible wish, wish that every child could have loving parents who want them.

There are SO many potentially wonderful parents out there who, for whatever reason, can't have their own children. While I'm neither a "Lifer" nor a "Choicer," I find it hard to understand why the scales between prospective parents and available children are *so* unbalanced.

I hope things go well for your friend next week, and for my impossible wish, wish that every child could have loving parents who want them.

I checked the numbers for Poland, the newest I could find were from 3 years ago.

In 2011: 96.000 children without parents, 3.500 (legal) adoptions.

So yeah, the scales are very unbalanced. Sad.

Gah, family!

I'm pissed off at them and then on top of that I'm pissed off with myself for being pissed off.
Where can I buy some patience? Now?

Going to rant a bit...

When it rains it pours, right? I don't mean that literally, the weather has been just lovely here in southern California.

I had a job interview today, set for 1315 for a job that I'm not the ideal candidate for but I rocked the skills assessments and this was the verbal one. Had just gotten myself and kiddo out of the shower and the warpaint (makeup) on when hubby came home early from work.

Well, was sent home early because he was pale and clammy enough that his supervisor asked if he was okay, sent him to medical and then sent him home. He has a congenital heart condition that resulted in revision surgery in May 2012 and his docs are worried that it isn't performing as well as they'd hoped. We have an angiogram to go to on Tuesday. It looks more and more like we're going to have to start fighting for him to be put on long-term disability. At 34.

I've been job hunting since we moved out here in September to no avail so far. If he goes on disability, kiddo(s) and I loose our medical coverage for at least a little while until I can find a job. So, no pressure right?

*sighs* Whatever braniac that came up with 'reduce your stress' during pregnancy obviously hasn't lived in the real world. It so doesn't work that way just because you want it to.

Do I'm pissed at the situation and scared and nauseated and hurting.

If you wouldn't ask it of your doctor, why the fuck would you ask it of your vet? Do you think that for some absurd reason we don't have the EXACT SAME Prescription regulations? In many ways, ours are WORSE, as we have to consider our patient AND human health concerns.

What? Human health? Yah, actually, a big part of veterinary medicine is zoonotic disease and public health. Shock. On that note, ladies, when you are pregnant, please ask your VETERINARIAN about Toxoplasmosis. We can't make human diagnosis or such things, but we understand the parasite a LOT better than your average doctor.

My neighbour having a cut down tree delivered first thing this morning, which means that I will spend the whole of my last holiday day listening to him chop it up.....thump....thump...thump...

I'm going to steal his axe and hide it :mad:

Not a thing so far. Looks like a very good day.

My neighbour having a cut down tree delivered first thing this morning, which means that I will spend the whole of my last holiday day listening to him chop it up.....thump....thump...thump...

Is this a thing? Arborists bring 'round an entire tree? Do they lop off the branches?

I have only seen cord-wood delivered. It does come in split and full log form, but never as a whole tree.

I've wished for a portable sawmill so I could follow arborist around and scrounge lumber, but maybe I could have them drag a forest to me?

Not a thing so far. Looks like a very good day.

Is this a thing? Arborists bring 'round an entire tree? Do they lop off the branches?

I have only seen cord-wood delivered. It does come in split and full log form, but never as a whole tree.

I've wished for a portable sawmill so I could follow arborist around and scrounge lumber, but maybe I could have them drag a forest to me?

The local council cut down trees that are getting dangerous and my neighbour has an 'arrangement' with one of the drivers. So the truck arrives with huge chunks of tree on it, tips them all onto his drive, and then he spends a day or two chopping them into manageable sizes. I'm sure he saves a fortune on buying ready cut wood, but I wish he'd do it somewhere else, or wait until I'm at work :mad:

At least he doesn't use a chain saw.

The stupid bitch in traffic who cut me off and didn't even notice because she was on her bright pink cell phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back