Free Association Thread 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
"When you want to know how things really work, study them when they're coming apart." --William Gibson, Zero History

"When you want to know how things really work, study them when they're coming apart." --William Gibson, Zero History

Yeah, there's no guarantee that will teach you anything. My brother's took my jewelry box apart to see how it worked and never could put it back together again. :rolleyes:

Yeah, there's no guarantee that will teach you anything. My brother's took my jewelry box apart to see how it worked and never could put it back together again. :rolleyes:

hahaha

Well, learning might require paying some degree of attention--not something most kids do when dissembling things.

Unless your brother did this as an adult, in which case I've got nothing. :)

hahaha

Well, learning might require paying some degree of attention--not something most kids do when dissembling things.

Unless your brother did this as an adult, in which case I've got nothing. :)

Yes, not paying attention is what gets most people into trouble when dissembling.

"Half the places I have been to, never were." James Thurber, The 13 Clocks

Last edited:
Yes, not paying attention is what gets most people into trouble when dissembling.

"Half the places I have been to, never were." James Thurber, The 13 Clocks
Yes, and when not dissembling as well. :)

"Sometimes I've believed as many as 6 impossible things before breakfast."

It's probably habit, but my day starts with coffee-shower-coffee. Only then can we start to think about what comes next. :)

Ah, but what what comes next?

I try to start with journaling, the Morning Pages, as soon as the light turns on. I've caught some interesting dreams that wsy.

I try to start with journaling, the Morning Pages, as soon as the light turns on. I've caught some interesting dreams that wsy.

So productive!

Most mornings, coffee is all I aspire to initially. That's really just me booting up the hard drive of my brain.

Where I go from there varies wildly. Mornings are not my fun time, though. I wade through them to get to the afternoons, but look forward to the evenings, always. :)

It's probably habit, but my day starts with coffee-shower-coffee. Only then can we start to think about what comes next. :)

Ah; First things first. Clear the head; THEN think about what's coming for the day..

Good Question.
In my case, and currently, it's some wiring for my lamp/s, a bit of woodworking (get the glue in right!) and then worry about the weather.
Washing on the line if it ain't gonna rain. . . .

Ah; First things first. Clear the head; THEN think about what's coming for the day..

Good Question.
In my case, and currently, it's some wiring for my lamp/s, a bit of woodworking (get the glue in right!) and then worry about the weather.
Washing on the line if it ain't gonna rain. . . .

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow, it empties today of its joy." Corrie Ten Boom

(How goes the clean up from the pipe burst HP?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back