Conservative groups spend up to $1bn a year to fight action on climate change

What we do know is man made global warming is bullshit. A scheme to cripple the American economy while ripping off billions from the American taxpayer for the benefit of Third Wold economies. So give it a fucking rest.

Just keep believing the lies fed to you by billionaires, you fucking clown.
 
BBC-stockcheck-02.jpg
 
^^^
#LowInformationRobClaim

For the edification of Rob and the rest of the unfortunately retarded faithful:

Top MIT scientist: Newest UN climate report is ‘hilariously’ flawed
1:27 PM 09/29/2013

Yes, yes, that's Richard Lindzen.

Richard Lindzen is an atmospheric physicist at MIT. Lindzen has had a long career in climatology and worked on the IPCC report. However, he has become infamously embarrassing for MIT over the last decade as a member of the Bjørn Lomborg "It's not that bad!" school of global warming. Though Lindzen fully accepts AGW, he claims that predictions made by other climatologists' models are "alarmist" and that temperatures will increase by less than one degree Celsius.

Argument from authority, personified

Lindzen is probably the one most responsible for the denialist talking point about models not taking clouds into account. The Lindzen-Choi paper is the most often cited, but it's been trashed by other scientists for poor methodology and overstating its conclusions.[1] Naturally, Lindzen's skepticism has attracted funding from oil interests and he's worked on projects underwritten by Exxon and OPEC.[2] He is trotted out by deniers as "proof" that "real scientists disagree" about global warming and that there is no scientific consensus, even though he does accept the theory (just not most of the predictions made by the IPCC). His op-eds in popular media have increasingly fallen back on refuted denier talking points as well. This makes him a massive enabler.

He has also appeared at the Heartland Institute's conferences as the keynote speaker. This makes him a really massive enabler.[3]

Lindzen's talent seems to be making repeatedly failed predictions as well as failing to get much of his material published in peer-reviewed journals in his more "skeptical" days.

Lindzen is also a signatory to the Conservative Christian Cornwall Alliance "Evangelical Declaration on Global Warming" which states:

"We believe Earth and its ecosystems – created by God’s intelligent design and infinite power and sustained by His faithful providence – are robust, resilient, self-regulating, and self-correcting, admirably suited for human flourishing, and displaying His glory. Earth’s climate system is no exception. Recent global warming is one of many natural cycles of warming and cooling in geologic history" [4]

Some other stuff he's been wrong about:
* Claiming that the link between smoking and lung cancer is "weak."[5]
* Satellite measurements showing no warming.[6]
*Decrease in water vapor would allow carbon dioxide to escape from the atmosphere. (He has since accepted this as refuted and calls it an "old view.")[7]
* Solar and volcanic forcings were severely downplayed to fudge data.[8]
*Misrepresenting the link between warming and hurricanes.[9]
 

Some other stuff he's been wrong about:
* Claiming that the link between smoking and lung cancer is "weak."[5]
* Satellite measurements showing no warming.[6]
*Decrease in water vapor would allow carbon dioxide to escape from the atmosphere. (He has since accepted this as refuted and calls it an "old view.")[7]
* Solar and volcanic forcings were severely downplayed to fudge data.[8]
*Misrepresenting the link between warming and hurricanes.[9]

#ColossalVetteFail
 
^^^
#LowInformationRobClaim

For the edification of Rob and the rest of the unfortunately retarded faithful:

Top MIT scientist: Newest UN climate report is ‘hilariously’ flawed
1:27 PM 09/29/2013

Michael Bastasch

Not all scientists are panicking about global warming — one of them finds the alarmism “hilarious.”

A top climate scientist from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology lambasted a new report by the UN’s climate bureaucracy that blamed mankind as the main cause of global warming and whitewashed the fact that there has been a hiatus in warming for the last 15 years.

“I think that the latest IPCC report has truly sunk to level of hilarious incoherence,” Dr. Richard Lindzen told Climate Depot, a global warming skeptic news site. “They are proclaiming increased confidence in their models as the discrepancies between their models and observations increase.”

The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change claimed it was 95 percent sure that global warming was mainly driven by human burning of fossil fuels that produce greenhouse gases. The I.P.C.C. also glossed over the fact that the Earth has not warmed in the past 15 years, arguing that the heat was absorbed by the ocean.

“Their excuse for the absence of warming over the past 17 years is that the heat is hiding in the deep ocean,” Lindzen added. “However, this is simply an admission that the models fail to simulate the exchanges of heat between the surface layers and the deeper oceans.”[/B]

“However, it is this heat transport that plays a major role in natural internal variability of climate, and the IPCC assertions that observed warming can be attributed to man depend crucially on their assertion that these models accurately simulate natural internal variability,” Lindzen continued. “Thus, they now, somewhat obscurely, admit that their crucial assumption was totally unjustified.”

Scientists have been struggling to explain the 15-year hiatus in global warming, and governments have been urging them to whitewash the fact that temperatures have not been rising because such data would impact the upcoming climate negotiations in 2015.

The Associated Press obtained documents that show the Obama administration and some European governments pressured UN climate scientists to downplay or even omit data that shows the world hasn’t warmed in over a decade.

“Germany called for the reference to the slowdown to be deleted, saying a time span of 10-15 years was misleading in the context of climate change, which is measured over decades and centuries,” the AP report said. “The U.S. also urged the authors to include the ‘leading hypothesis’ that the reduction in warming is linked to more heat being transferred to the deep ocean.”

Global warming skeptics have exploited such data to show that the science behind manmade global warming is faulty and politically driven.

n attributing warming to man, they fail to point out that the warming has been small, and totally consistent with there being nothing to be alarmed about,” Lindzen said. “It is quite amazing to see the contortions the IPCC has to go through in order to keep the international climate agenda going.”

However, believers in catastrophic global warming have said the UN report should serve as a wake-up call to those who would deny the issue’s urgency.

“Those who deny the science or choose excuses over action are playing with fire,” said Secretary of State John Kerry. “Once again, the science grows clearer, the case grows more compelling and the costs of inaction grow beyond anything that anyone with conscience or common sense should be willing to even contemplate.”

The UN is set to release its full assessment of the world’s climate on Monday.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/09/29/t...e-report-is-hilariously-flawed/#ixzz2oLJBT3nZ
Real scientific there. Which is it, stopped or slowed?
 
If the climate isn't changing, I want to know why all our (Canada) Glaciers are melting at record rates since the early 1990's? Once those fuckers melt, you coastal folk better get yourselves some water wings or learn to swim.


Photo is from 2009
athabasca-glacier-melt-retreat.jpg

1973
Whitechuck_glacier_1973.jpg


2006
Whitechuck_glacier_2006.jpg
 
Last edited:
I wonder what NASA and all other climate scientists have to say on the matter?

Consensus: 97% of climate scientists agree

Ninety-seven percent of climate scientists agree that climate-warming trends over the past century are very likely due to human activities,1and most of the leading scientific organizations worldwide have issued public statements endorsing this position. The following is a partial list of these organizations, along with links to their published statements and a selection of related resources.

Temp_anomaly.jpg


http://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus
 
You're going to the Daily Caller and the Murdoch press for scientific information?
He doesn't need scientific information. He just needs someone to tell him what he wants to hear.
 
He doesn't need scientific information. He just needs someone to tell him what he wants to hear.

This is why busybody is so popular amongst the GB's aging racist elite.

(Oh, wait...they say he's an "act". Pussy douchebags. :cool: )
 
YAWN

"As of Dec. 15, snow covered 53 percent of the Lower 48, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) reported. That’s a significantly higher portion than in recent years. In 2006, for example, snow covered just 12 percent of those states on the same date, according to Climate Central, a climate news Web site."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...203c36-682d-11e3-a0b9-249bbb34602c_print.html
There are heat waves happening now in Argentina, Australia and New Jersey.
 
YAWN

"As of Dec. 15, snow covered 53 percent of the Lower 48, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) reported. That’s a significantly higher portion than in recent years. In 2006, for example, snow covered just 12 percent of those states on the same date, according to Climate Central, a climate news Web site."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...203c36-682d-11e3-a0b9-249bbb34602c_print.html

Wow, that proves it's a hoax! Snow cover comparing one day on two cherry picked dates in one country proves global warming isn't happening! My eyes have been opened.
 
Wow, that proves it's a hoax! Snow cover comparing one day on two cherry picked dates in one country proves global warming isn't happening! My eyes have been opened.

It's Anecdata™!!

#RememberMay28th!
 
Back
Top