Delete my account

Tagluy

Virgin
I want to remove all my submissions and delete my account. How can this be achieved?

delete my account

i want to delete my account as well. i have no stories, no comments, and no way to delete my account.

i want to delete my account as well. i have no stories, no comments, and no way to delete my account.

If you'd checked, you'd have seen that this method of asking didn't work for the one who posted before you. Suggest you try sending a PM (private message) request to the editor, Laurel.

I have a previous account that I deleted. Can I delete all posts associated with that account ?

I have a previous account that I deleted. Can I delete all posts associated with that account ?

NO, from what I understand you cannot. While you can have an individual or all of you story submissions (if any) removed by requesting it, deleting your account will not remove your posts on the forum. They simply do not have that capability. That is why you sometimes see forum posts where individuals have gone in and replaced the post with things like ". . . . " or other text characters that reach the minimum text threshold. This must be done manually by the user.

As an aside, I have yet to find a forum, of any nature, that can delete all of your posts just by having your account canceled.

This is what Laurel told me some time ago in regard to having a story removed.

For security purposes and to make sure you (as the author) are the one making the removal request, you must follow this procedure: log into your account and create a story titled "REMOVE". In the body of the story, put the names of the submissions you wish removed along with (optionally) the reason for their removal.

If you want all of your work removed, you can write "DELETE ALL" in one form rather than listing every submission.

If you want all of one series removed, you can write "DELETE [SERIESNAME]" in one form rather than listing every submission.

Story removals are usually done within 4-7 days.

Thanks for your support, and I look forward to hearing from you!

Laurel

From the site FAQ, (not the forum FAQ),

I would like to remove work that has been published on Literotica. How do I do this?

Please contact us by clicking here and we will gladly help you remove any work you wish to have removed. Be aware that we do not store site submission data - including votes, comments, and the text itself. Once it is deleted from our servers, we cannot restore it.

Do let us know if anyone gets a response to the "contact us here" buttons on this site.

Help

I want to delete the pic on my profile bio. Cant see any option!! Ideally I would like my profile deleted but dont understand why there is no option to do so!

My online privacy has been compromised so this is an urgent appeal. I've even reported my profile to ask for deletion but dont know if that will work!

Any advice welcomed.

I want to delete the pic on my profile bio. Cant see any option!! Ideally I would like my profile deleted but dont understand why there is no option to do so!

My online privacy has been compromised so this is an urgent appeal. I've even reported my profile to ask for deletion but dont know if that will work!

Any advice welcomed.

Send a PM to Laurel with an urgent in the message header along with the reason. Only PMs work for contacting Laurel and only Laurel does this stuff.

For future ref, you might want to set up an anonymous user I'd and email account for sites like this and don't ever use a real photo of yourself.

Isn’t it the case you can delete your own work via your own page?
As for deleting your account, it’s like an old friend you’ve fallen out with, best to just quietly walk away, you never know the day you may need them again.

I have sent PMs to both Laurel, and Manu (after not hearing back from Laurel). I'm also looking to have my two submissions removed from the site, and both my main website and forum site accounts closed and removed. I'm not sure how to proceed since I haven't heard back from either PM.

Posting again since it has been a month and I've had no response here or via PM. I'm not sure what the next step to take is. Is there an active admin that can help me, please?

Posting again since it has been a month and I've had no response here or via PM. I'm not sure what the next step to take is. Is there an active admin that can help me, please?

You've had 3 posts since 2006. How about you log out and don't come back? That's the second best thing to "deleting". Plus, it's less work for Laurel then. It's not like you have thousands of posts.

It's not just the account/forum posts I'm wanting gone. I have two submitted stories I want deleted. There's no way for me to delete or edit them from the member page/portal. The FAQ says to contact Laurel via PM if you want a story deleted. I have, but without response, so I followed up here, because this was the closest thing I could find to an appropriate second course of action. Once those stories are deleted, yes, I plan on logging out and not coming back. Until then, I'd like to know what else I can do to get the stories deleted.

Here's my copy-paste, explaining the editing method for Lit. The specific directions for deleting stories are in there. Doing it through the normal queue is the preferred method.

• Take note of the url of your story/chapter. That's the address appearing in the address bar of your browser when you view the first page of your story. You really only need the last part after the /s/ that represents your title.
  • Start a new submission.
  • Use the same title as the original ( or as much as will fit ) plus something such as *EDIT*
  • Fill in the same category, then fill description and keywords with placeholders, as they don't matter. ( Unless one of these things are what you're editing )
  • If editing the story text, paste/upload the new text in the "story text" section. You need to upload the whole story/chapter, not just the edited sections. If editing anything else, copy the "notes" section detailed below in order to fill this section.
  • In the "notes" section, say what you are editing. If story text, then put that. If title, then put the requested NEW title here. You can fill in edited descriptions/keywords/category above, but you'll still want to list any such changes here. It's a good idea to list the url that I mentioned in step 1. This is unique to every story/chapter, and can help eliminate the potential for human error. As mentioned above, if you are editing something other than the story text, copy what you put in the notes section to the "story text" as well. This is simply because there must be something in that section for you to submit.
  • Click "Review", then "Submit"

Edits are subject to the same wait time as a new story. I have seen edits go up in bulk in far less time than a story usually requires to post, though.

Edits will not appear on the public side immediately. Wait at least 24 hours after the "edited" submission vanishes from your private author list before worrying that your changes haven't been applied. Changes may not all appear at the same time, either. Page 1 may change, while page 2 will remain the same until an hour or so later. Be patient as the system catches up.

If you edit the story in this manner ( as opposed to deleting and re-submitting ) you'll retain your votes, views, comments, etc. The only thing that will be changed is what you say that you want changed. It will not appear on the New List again.

If you wish to delete a story, use much the same method, except put something such as *DELETE* in the title, and say that you want to delete the story in question in the "notes" section.

If you wish to delete all of your stories, an entire series, etc., then use the normal delete process, but explain in the "notes" section that you want to do a mass delete, and what type.

Convoluted, but it does work. It gets a little easier as you get used to it.

Here's my copy-paste, explaining the editing method for Lit. The specific directions for deleting stories are in there. Doing it through the normal queue is the preferred method.

• Take note of the url of your story/chapter. That's the address appearing in the address bar of your browser when you view the first page of your story. You really only need the last part after the /s/ that represents your title.
  • Start a new submission.
  • Use the same title as the original ( or as much as will fit ) plus something such as *EDIT*
  • Fill in the same category, then fill description and keywords with placeholders, as they don't matter. ( Unless one of these things are what you're editing )
  • If editing the story text, paste/upload the new text in the "story text" section. You need to upload the whole story/chapter, not just the edited sections. If editing anything else, copy the "notes" section detailed below in order to fill this section.
  • In the "notes" section, say what you are editing. If story text, then put that. If title, then put the requested NEW title here. You can fill in edited descriptions/keywords/category above, but you'll still want to list any such changes here. It's a good idea to list the url that I mentioned in step 1. This is unique to every story/chapter, and can help eliminate the potential for human error. As mentioned above, if you are editing something other than the story text, copy what you put in the notes section to the "story text" as well. This is simply because there must be something in that section for you to submit.
  • Click "Review", then "Submit"

Edits are subject to the same wait time as a new story. I have seen edits go up in bulk in far less time than a story usually requires to post, though.

Edits will not appear on the public side immediately. Wait at least 24 hours after the "edited" submission vanishes from your private author list before worrying that your changes haven't been applied. Changes may not all appear at the same time, either. Page 1 may change, while page 2 will remain the same until an hour or so later. Be patient as the system catches up.

If you edit the story in this manner ( as opposed to deleting and re-submitting ) you'll retain your votes, views, comments, etc. The only thing that will be changed is what you say that you want changed. It will not appear on the New List again.

If you wish to delete a story, use much the same method, except put something such as *DELETE* in the title, and say that you want to delete the story in question in the "notes" section.

If you wish to delete all of your stories, an entire series, etc., then use the normal delete process, but explain in the "notes" section that you want to do a mass delete, and what type.

Convoluted, but it does work. It gets a little easier as you get used to it.

Which is previously what I said on the thread based on a response I got from Laurel. It works (or worked), but that advice has apparently gone unheeded.

Hello RejectReality, I'm desperately trying to get someone to delete my stories here, but nobody is answering, and it isn't the first time I've asked.

Thank you for your message, but I don't understand any of it.

"Start a new submission" where? What is that? A new submission?

Can anyone help me out here? Literotica is like a prison for our work. Easy to get in, impossible to get out!

The same way you posted the stories.

In the new control panel, click the "New Story" button at the top of the page.

If you happen to still be using the old control panel, click the "Submit" link on the left side of the page.

https://www.literotica.com/my/

In case you don't remember how to reach the member's page.

Then, follow the instructions from my earlier post, and your stories should vanish in a few days. The current queue wait seems to be about four days or so, if my last posted story is representative.

Hello RejectReality, I'm desperately trying to get someone to delete my stories here, but nobody is answering, and it isn't the first time I've asked.

Thank you for your message, but I don't understand any of it.

"Start a new submission" where? What is that? A new submission?

Can anyone help me out here? Literotica is like a prison for our work. Easy to get in, impossible to get out!

ok thanks... would be easier if we could just dispose of our own work in the way we wanted... without having to ask permission to anyone else.

Back