Climate change deniers faced with dangerous weather

Let me get this straight-

The states that are suffering the most damage from climate change, are the states that are in the deepest denial, of climate change existing ?
Yes, and what's more, the ones who most want to prove that climate change isn't happening are the ones who are cutting funding for climate research.

http://www.latimes.com/business/hil...n-climate-change-science-20150501-column.html

Living down to our worst expectations, the House Committee on Science, Space and Technology voted Thursday to cut deeply into NASA's budget for Earth science, in a clear swipe at the study of climate change.

The committee's markup of the NASA authorization bill for fiscal 2016 and 2017 passed on a party-line vote, Republicans in the majority. The action followed what appears to be a deliberate attempt to keep Democrats out of the loop. According to Rep. Eddie Bernice Johnson (D-Texas), the committee's ranking Democrat, her caucus "did not even know [the markup] existed before last Friday. ... After we saw the bill, we understood why."
 
Deadly flash flood claims lives, in Utah, this week. The bodies of the flood victims were washed down to Arizona.

They calculated they were in a safe zone, and prior to this event, they most likely were.

Hildale Mayor Phillip Barlow called the incident a "100-year flood."
"Wakeup call for the community."


gsgs comment-

(What definitive term is used, when the 100 year flood, visits much sooner, with increasing frequency, and increasing violence ?)

It is a strange thought, that the ancient artifact and
fossil rich area is contributing to what is being re-
destributed by the flood waters.

What a strange place for evolution deniers, and Climate change deniers, to choose to live.

/end gsgs comment

http://www.sltrib.com/news/2953331-155/jewell-no-plan-b-if-grand

Efforts under way to preserve important historical areas, from disturbance.

Not much can be done, if Mother Nature has something else in mind.
 
With every box of Cracker Jack popcorn, you get a prize.
With every thunderstorm, you get a tornado ?

Charlestown, South Carolina was chosen for the hit on the dartboard.


"Last night, a destructive tornado tore through a community near Charleston, S.C., destroying homes and lofting debris tens of thousands of feet into the air. Tornadoes were not in the forecast last night."

(My Spidey sense was set off, when I saw how extensive an area, the thunderstorm front would cover. Just a plain old rainstorm ? My cynicism kicked in. )

The weather announcers are still dragging their feet, and are reluctant to adapt to the new circumstances.

The East Coast has a weather past, and that past was consistent.
You could count on knowing when it was safe, to go out to sea.

"It is a thunderstorm! Nothing to worry about. Some wind to rattle the trees.
Put up the shutters, close-up the storm windows. A gale is blowing.
The small.craft warnings are up.The waves are being kicked up.)


They did not announce a severe thunderstorm, or a dangerous thunderstorm.
They announced a thunderstorm.

They did not announce a possible tornado. Why not ?
Too timid ? Did not want to cry wolf ?

With weather in 2015, the best information,
is the most recent information.
We have the technology to keep us informed, up to the minute.
That is needed, now.
The updates are a killer.

Advice given ?
Get a NOAA weather radio with a siren alarm.
"S.A.M.E. digital weather radio"

"They issued a severe thunderstorm warning for the area at 12:37 AM, and put up a tornado warning one minute later at 12:38 AM. At 12:45 AM—seven minutes after the tornado warning went out—a sweep of the radar showed the storm kicking debris into the air."


http://thevane.gawker.com/last-nights-destructive-tornado-in-s-c-is-the-best-arg-1733054056

" In the animated radar image above, you can see the hook echo for a few frames as it approaches the community."

New weather vocabulary-

Helicity is a parameter that tells you how conducive the winds are for a thunderstorm’s updraft to begin rotating. Some of that favorable wind shear must have moved onshore, because what happened last night was definitely not a waterspout.

gsgs comment-

It is not rare, anymore.
It is the new normal.
The winds do not blow this way, and that way.
They swoop in arcs, in circles.
Riding an updraft ?
Fuck, no!
Flying away, in the other direction.
Got hook ?


http://www.wunderground.com/education/shear.asp


https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tropical_cyclogenesis#Weak_vertical_wind_shear



http://www.wunderground.com/resources/severe/severe_storms.asp
 
After torrential downpours at record-breaking levels caused severe flooding throughout South Carolina, some cities are seeing an eerie side effect.

Residents took to social media to post photos of coffins unearthed by the floodwaters, causing them to float from their graves, some going as far as the city streets.

According to Mashable, the combination of heavy rainfall and flooding saturated the soil at the depth of the coffins. Pressure from the water then lifted them to the surface, where floodwaters were able to carry them away.

http://www.wunderground.com/news/fl...pringfield-sumter-charleston-flood-cemeteries


The rain event has set records all over the state, flooding entire towns. For some locations, this historic rainfall qualifies as a 1,000-year rain event, meaning in a given year there is a 1 in 1,000 chance of observing rainfall totals of this magnitude.

"The flooding is unprecedented and historical," said Dr. Marshall Shepherd, a meteorologist and director of the atmospheric sciences program at the University of Georgia, in an email to The Associated Press.


http://www.wunderground.com/news/south-carolina-flooding-columbia-charleston-myrtlebeach
 
After torrential downpours at record-breaking levels caused severe flooding throughout South Carolina, some cities are seeing an eerie side effect.

Residents took to social media to post photos of coffins unearthed by the floodwaters, causing them to float from their graves, some going as far as the city streets.

According to Mashable, the combination of heavy rainfall and flooding saturated the soil at the depth of the coffins. Pressure from the water then lifted them to the surface, where floodwaters were able to carry them away.

http://www.wunderground.com/news/fl...pringfield-sumter-charleston-flood-cemeteries


The rain event has set records all over the state, flooding entire towns. For some locations, this historic rainfall qualifies as a 1,000-year rain event, meaning in a given year there is a 1 in 1,000 chance of observing rainfall totals of this magnitude.

"The flooding is unprecedented and historical," said Dr. Marshall Shepherd, a meteorologist and director of the atmospheric sciences program at the University of Georgia, in an email to The Associated Press.


http://www.wunderground.com/news/south-carolina-flooding-columbia-charleston-myrtlebeach
Thank goodness that they didn't live to see it.

*makes note to request a coffin that is not airtight.*
 
Let me get this straight-

The states that are suffering the most damage from climate change, are the states that are in the deepest denial, of climate change existing ?

Might be a real estate thing—keep things quiet—don`t want property values to drop.
 
August 3, 2018

Jordan Peterson Pushes Dangerous Myths About Climate Change



What is Prager U ?

Not university.

It is online video portal curated by the conservative talk-radio host Dennis Prager.


https://www.motherjones.com/politic...als-conservative-prageru-video-dennis-prager/


June 07, 2018


Prager U’s Influence

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2018/06/07/prageru’s-influence



Richard Lindzen, an MIT atmospheric physicist who has made a career of downplaying and nay-saying the causes and dangers of global climate change. While the consensus that climate change is caused by the burning of fossil fuels is near-universal among climate scientists, Lindzen—standing nearly alone in the field—disagrees.



Despite what Richard Lindzen claims, the science on climate change has long since been settled, and when someone like Jordan Peterson, who has legions of fans and an outsized influence in this world, cites Richard Lindzen and Prager U as a reputable source, he does a disservice to himself, his viewers, and everyone who doesn't want to watch Miami disappear into the Atlantic. Most of Jordan Peterson's platitudes are, I think, ultimately harmless, but denying the connection between fossil fuels and climate change perpetuates an ideology that is, right now, increasing human suffering. There is something deeply wrong with that.


https://www.thestranger.com/slog/20...n-pushes-dangerous-myths-about-climate-change
 
when the super rich leftists that preach this crap

How extreme do weather events have to become, in order to prompt Climate Change deniers into admitting that something has gone terribly wrong ?

Actually walk the walk. Their actions are the opposite of their words. I assume you are a vegan, live in a tiny house, have no kids, and never use AC. Oh yeah, no fossil fuels either. If you really believe.
 
why does algore have such a huyge carbon footprint

Skeptics_guide_pg1.png


CLEARLY!! nothing is changing.....1955 is foreva!!



Nothing is wrong.....because coal/oil.



LOL I'm so glad I don't have to go park the G' ride under a bridge every time a nasty storm pops up b/c the garage only slows them down after they get baseball sized. But I do miss watching some srs bznz storms roll in like they do in the central plains....it's impressive.

Is he better than you, allowed tobreak the rules he demands on us?
 
Freak weather events have been around for centuries.

Weather is not the same as climate. Weather is now. Climate is over centuries. Global warming or climate change is likely to produce more extreme weather but those extremes might be extremes of heat or cold, not just heat. The effects will vary around the world.

But a major volcanic eruption could have a much more catastrophic and immediate impact on weather than gradual global warming.
 
Back
Top