Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I actually got $50 back for the book that I never used and cost me $100+. Will wonders never cease.

Went to planned parenthood to get on birth control, etc.

Left with birth control and feeling fat and, in general, irritated and frustrated. Job well done.

Arrrrghhh!!! this fucking personal statement is doing my fucking head in!

DO this...do that...scrap that...add that...CUT IT DOWN TO ONE PAGE...arrrrgghgghhhhh!!!!

That said, i am so thankful for the advice, Auntie S is a brilliant person to give persepctive on these things...

*sigh* *gets on with re-re-working*

Just gotta sing this kid's praises:
Background first - my boy is very smart, too bloody smart for his classmates, gets on better with adults because they get his sense of humour. He's 10 and very small for his age. He desperately wants to fit in with the other boys and sees sporting prowess as the be-all and end-all of social success. He's an average sportsman but highly enthusiastic.

Recently he tried out for the school soccer team, was very keen to play, thought he'd made the team and was cut at the last minute two weeks ago. Came home in tears.
Yesterday he came home with a permission note for an away soccer game. Seems one of the other boys, who is in every sporting team in school, dropped out asking that my boy be given his spot.
I could kiss that boy, except it would embarass him totally.

Background first - my boy is very smart, too bloody smart for his classmates, gets on better with adults because they get his sense of humour. He's 10 and very small for his age. He desperately wants to fit in with the other boys and sees sporting prowess as the be-all and end-all of social success. He's an average sportsman but highly enthusiastic.

Recently he tried out for the school soccer team, was very keen to play, thought he'd made the team and was cut at the last minute two weeks ago. Came home in tears.
Yesterday he came home with a permission note for an away soccer game. Seems one of the other boys, who is in every sporting team in school, dropped out asking that my boy be given his spot.

Awwww, very cool. :)

Thankfully, there are some kids that "get it".

If I was that kid's coach, I would be brimming with pride that someone caught on to the true nature of sportsmanship. :D

10 year olds don't need to play "just win, baby"

What a wonderful child :)

I'm happy for your little one, he gets to do something he was so enthusiastic about :) good luck to him :)

Find another way to reward him -- anonymously, if necessary. He should get to feel the "what goes around" wave. :)

Find another way to reward him -- anonymously, if necessary. He should get to feel the "what goes around" wave. :)
I'll have to think on this one to come up with something suitable, I don't know the boy particularly well.

But thinking about it this morning, I think he's already on that arc - this boy is a year above my son, but was in the same classroom last year (it's a small school), my boy used to help him out with his schoolwork, explaiining stuff he didn't get.

Last edited:
Went to planned parenthood to get on birth control, etc.

Left with birth control and feeling fat and, in general, irritated and frustrated. Job well done.

last time i went to the doctor:
'step on the scale please'

'no. i don't think i will today. please proceed.'

which really meant: "fuck off, I know im fat and i dont need numbers to confirm, spank you very much."

last time i went to the doctor:
'step on the scale please'

'no. i don't think i will today. please proceed.'

which really meant: "fuck off, I know im fat and i dont need numbers to confirm, spank you very much."

She told me SIX times that I was overweight.

Fucking cunt.

Unrelated: omg omg omg. I won for December! :eek:

I'll have to think on this one to come up with something suitable, I don't know the boy particularly well.

But thinking about it this morning, I think he's already on that arc - this boy is a year above my son, but was in the same classroom last year (it's a small school), my boy used to help him out with his schoolwork, explaiining stuff he didn't get.

Not sure if the coach would go for it, but typically sports have an honor session at the end of the season. Maybe a special award that plays to honor, integrity, team and/or leadership.

A poem by Bai Juyi

Those who speak do not know, those who know are silent,
I heard this saying from the old gentleman.
If the old gentleman was one who knew the Way,
why did he feel able to write five thousand words?

Blurt 1: Grr... I hate nearing the end of the marking period. I don't want to grade work that way due one to two months ago and that kids now feel the urge to turn in.
----
Blurt 2: I'm giggling in glee over finding out the anime convention's closer this year. I thought I was too old to giggle in glee :D

Last edited:
Damn, you mean to tell me those hotties were sitting behind me this whole time?

Damn.

Wow...

How shallow can two people be? I think I just found out.

*shakes head in uber-sadness*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back