indentations?
i assume this still works

The only HTML tags that are safe to use are
<i> </i>
<b> </i>
<u> </u>
<center> </center>
i don't know what this is

is how you specify a non-breaking space (i.e., force a hard space) in HTML. So if you want to indent a line five spaces you could write
     The actual line starts here.​
Note that since Lit poems are displayed in proportional font, aligning text on different lines can be tricky--letters (and punctuation marks and spaces) all have differing widths, so if one line is "The cat" and you want to start the second line under the "c" in "cat," you likely will need more than four   characters, as the space character usually is narrower than the alphabetic characters. And you probably can't get exact lineup anyway.

HTML has very limited control over positioning.

is how you specify a non-breaking space (i.e., force a hard space) in HTML. So if you want to indent a line five spaces you could write
     The actual line starts here.​
Note that since Lit poems are displayed in proportional font, aligning text on different lines can be tricky--letters (and punctuation marks and spaces) all have differing widths, so if one line is "The cat" and you want to start the second line under the "c" in "cat," you likely will need more than four   characters, as the space character usually is narrower than the alphabetic characters. And you probably can't get exact lineup anyway.

HTML has very limited control over positioning.
thanks i'll go see what i can fuck up

indentations?
i assume this still works

The only HTML tags that are safe to use are
<i> </i>
<b> </i>
<u> </u>
<center> </center>
i don't know what this is

<p align="right">This is some text in a paragraph.</p>
<p align="center">This is some text in a paragraph.</p>
<p align="left">This is some text in a paragraph.</p>
<p align="justify">This is some text in a paragraph.</p>

Might work. You can also format in Word and then upload the file, explaining that you'd like your text aligned as presented within the "notes" field on the submission page.

Also...If you really want to be anal about how a poem is seen on the screen, you can save it as a pdf file and submit that way ....I havent been able to accomplish this yet... would love to hear more about this please?

Also...If you really want to be anal about how a poem is seen on the screen, you can save it as a pdf file and submit that way ....I havent been able to accomplish this yet... would love to hear more about this please?

To save text as a pdf file, you need a pdf editor/converter program. Once it is installed, create your poem in whatever word processing program you like. The pdf editor mimics a printer. It will appear as a printer choice. Simply "print" the poem and choose the pdf editor as your printer. The program will create a pdf file, which will magically appear in your folder.

pdf editors are available by free download, but a really good one won't cost more than $10.

<p align="right">This is some text in a paragraph.</p>
<p align="center">This is some text in a paragraph.</p>
<p align="left">This is some text in a paragraph.</p>
<p align="justify">This is some text in a paragraph.</p>

Might work. You can also format in Word and then upload the file, explaining that you'd like your text aligned as presented within the "notes" field on the submission page.

won't put them through that again, was experimenting with weaving text, didn't quite work out
some bullshit about damask...

and red death

To save text as a pdf file, you need a pdf editor/converter program. Once it is installed, create your poem in whatever word processing program you like. The pdf editor mimics a printer. It will appear as a printer choice. Simply "print" the poem and choose the pdf editor as your printer. The program will create a pdf file, which will magically appear in your folder.

pdf editors are available by free download, but a really good one won't cost more than $10.
Yeah, the PDF is not a problem it's a submission thing. Thought I'd look here before I trying again. thanks

Last edited:
In MS Word you write your document and then when you're ready, click on the Office button in the top left corner and choose "save as" then click the dropdown menu under the name field to choose as ".pdf" Voila!

Thanks

In MS Word you write your document and then when you're ready, click on the Office button in the top left corner and choose "save as" then click the dropdown menu under the name field to choose as ".pdf" Voila!
I have a pdf ...trying to stuff it in the subbie slot
I can rhyme that if you like

I have a pdf ...trying to stuff it in the subbie slot
I can rhyme that if you like
I would love to see you try.

Just like the little wolf cub
He stuffed it in the subbie
Slot with lots of scrub-a-dub-dubby
and this is where the rhyme
I made falls a little short.

Back