Literotica Trolls

victorious

Really Experienced
Joined
Feb 5, 2012
Posts
109
Just saying-

It seems that there are a lot of Literotica Trolls out there who love to remain Anonymous and trash other people's writing and their stories.


For me personally, I find that to be offensive.

If you aren't able to or can't post a comment using your true Literotica Name, then out of respect for the Literotica Community and those who do submit stories please refrain from commenting on the stories.

I have learned in life that if you are going to criticize someone or something, make sure you are able to provide constructive criticism in order to help the writer get better in their writing skills.

Merely bashing a story without providing constructive criticism and ways for the writer to improve is in my opinion taking the cowardly way out.
 
Trolls are annoying, yes. You can delete their comments if they bother you. Lit can't, however, force people to use a "Lit name" to comment, because not everyone who reads or comments on the stories is a member of the boards.
 
Dare I admit it? I occasionally post an anon comment. Not trashing, just something I don't necessarily want traced back to me for retribution. I suspect other authors do the same.
 
Dare I admit it? I occasionally post an anon comment. Not trashing, just something I don't necessarily want traced back to me for retribution. I suspect other authors do the same.

Hell yeah. I don't use anonymity to be a jerk, but some authors don't take even constructive criticism well.
 
Ditto on posting constructive criticism anon. Done it many times and sometimes it is positive, other times it is constructive. I've never just random bashed, anon or otherwise.

You can always turn off anon messages, but some of us aren't always saying bad things...
 
Some people are just too insecure or too stupid to say anything constructive or provide helpful feedback. They have no talent so they just want to shit on what others do. There will always be brainless idiots that have nothing to contribute but find great immature narcissistic delight in throwing a turd into the punchbowl. When you can simply accept that they are brainless helpless, worthless losers, then you don't get so angry.
 
Just saying-

It seems that there are a lot of Literotica Trolls out there who love to remain Anonymous and trash other people's writing and their stories........

You're just figuring that out now? You must be new round these here parts....

Writing is the ultimate exhibitionism. You are dropping your trousers to the world and letting it see your most intimate feelings, even if they are disguised as fiction. Unless you only write in a notebook and hide it under your pillow, you are asking, no, begging for people to punch you in the fucking face. That's what writing is. Get used to it, or take up another hobby.
 
Yup

Lotsa troills. Not sure about other threads but where I have spent much of my time is the TRY THIS thread in the HOW TO and now HOW TO CAFE.

The down side is that they take up space and DIScourage some couples from trying the technique I described, Many were WOMEN who had never been with anybody who knew THEIR bodies that well, had never discovered the SPOT themselves and were enraged that some guy was telling them of this potential magic button that only women have. Apparently I had NO RIGHT knowing this.

A few sites are downright idiotic. One site (PHISH) had a "moderator" who sided with a retard who kept telling me I had no idea what I was talking about. Clearly the moderator of the room was as ignorant as the troll and sided with the troll. Despite being THE most popular thread for months I was the one who got banned. The fact that there is NO big sister picking sides in here and judging is a huge plus to the free exchange and SHARING of ideas.

On the PLUS side the maturity level in many of these threads makes it difficult for the idiots and morons to deflect the discussions going on. They are simply IGNORED most of the time and eventually they go away.
 
Here's how I look at it. If it didn't attract the attention of a troll, I did something wrong. Yes, delete the comment. Yes get them banned if possible. Just don't let them get the better of you.
 
Here's how I look at it. If it didn't attract the attention of a troll, I did something wrong.
I must be writing too well. I hardly get any nasty comments anymore. Not even many negatives. Just low votes, with no explanations. Or someone says I should learn how to write. Period. No guidance. I'm lost!
 
Several times I have posted comments using my member name only to have my stories attack in return. I appreciate negative or positive as long as they are constructive, but so many now are just personal attacks on the author. I have learned to message the author directly with my comments if that is available other wise I just use the anon.
 
Trolls are annoying, yes. You can delete their comments if they bother you. Lit can't, however, force people to use a "Lit name" to comment, because not everyone who reads or comments on the stories is a member of the boards.

Actually Lit. most certainly can set up software rules so the anonymous posters can't post comments or vote, but they have chosen not to. I think they believe the discussions and all of the pissing and moaning enhance the site and increase the sites popularity.

It is their site and they can do as they damn well please and all of the complaining will not change a single damn thing, so suck up and deal.

Enjoy Literotica as it is cuz it damn well ain't gonna change very much, if at all.
 
I saw a funny comment on a story I was reading the other day. It was something along the lines of, “You our get a editor ……” The story was good, but could have used an editor. However, I thought it was funny to see anonymous criticism with an error.
 
Dare I admit it? I occasionally post an anon comment. Not trashing, just something I don't necessarily want traced back to me for retribution. I suspect other authors do the same.

I do the same thing especially on contest stories. The reason is I have my own little "fan club" and don't want them trashing another author because I like their work.
 
I had a troll comment my highest rated story, but I kind of enjoyed it and left it untouched. To my surprise, it disappeared one day and I'm not sure if there is a moderator that deletes them or if anonymous users can actually go back and delete their comments?
 
If you check your "recent activity" page, you may find a note to the effect that a site administrator removed a comment. They do that when they get threatening.
 
Just saying-

It seems that there are a lot of Literotica Trolls out there who love to remain Anonymous and trash other people's writing and their stories.


For me personally, I find that to be offensive.

If you aren't able to or can't post a comment using your true Literotica Name, then out of respect for the Literotica Community and those who do submit stories please refrain from commenting on the stories.

I have learned in life that if you are going to criticize someone or something, make sure you are able to provide constructive criticism in order to help the writer get better in their writing skills.

Merely bashing a story without providing constructive criticism and ways for the writer to improve is in my opinion taking the cowardly way out.

Take it from someone who has been writing for a long time. Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Yes, writing is the ultimate form of exhibitionism and that takes guts to put on display. Don't let them get the better of you and cut you off at the knees.
 
A few years ago there was a LW troll who actually had an account and started a thread that would be periodically bumped. He often gave votes of one and would make the usual nasty comments.

When challenged in his thread he quickly backtracked but continued with his trolling ways.

He seems to have disappeared, which I don't find to be bad.
 
[quibble]

I know of two traditional meanings for 'troll'. N: a demon or other non-human, often associated with a bridge; or V: to use a drag-line to capture stuff. The rise of Net culture added a slight variant on that last. N: one who posts inflammatory / misleading comments, hoping for intemperate reactions; and V: the act of posting such nasty teases. One who reacts to a Net troll is a sucker.

In LIT, I see the authors as the trolls, because we're casting out words, hoping for reactions. The nasty fucktards who respond viciously aren't trolls -- they're suckers. Calling them trolls elevates them to demonic status, when they're really only pathetic.

[/quibble]
 
Actually Lit. most certainly can set up software rules so the anonymous posters can't post comments or vote, but they have chosen not to. I think they believe the discussions and all of the pissing and moaning enhance the site and increase the sites popularity.

It is their site and they can do as they damn well please and all of the complaining will not change a single damn thing, so suck up and deal.

Enjoy Literotica as it is cuz it damn well ain't gonna change very much, if at all.

I used to post to another site that was much stricter about votes and comments, and honestly, it was boring. It became this huggy-wuggy love fest, where anything below a 4 was discouraged and most stories were 4.9+. It made a good score feel worthless, and people didn't have any incentive to do better. I like that things are a little tougher around here. You can say that trolls are assholes, but hey, life's full of assholes. Might as well acclimate now.
 
Oh, I've tried to raise up a troll or two but the material you have to work with is just pitiful!:rolleyes:

They are just not worth investing the time in.

Every few years a half assed one comes by with potential but, you have to feed and groom them and I just don't have the will anymore...
 
My little brother has been banned from lit 437 times. He has 438 email addresses, so it is never an issue.
 
Back
Top