Flirtation at Work

xxerikamariexx

Literotica Guru
Joined
Aug 22, 2008
Posts
6,533
Erika Smith was known for keeping to herself for the most part. She was friendly with the people in her circle but over all, she was relatively quiet. There is a particular security guard for the building who is very friendly with her. They often times flirt back and forth but it is just a playful flirting. Erika often finds herself getting teased by her co-workers that she has a thing for this attractive security guard. But she knows nothing will ever come of it because he's very attractive and in all definitions a ladies man.

After staring at a computer screen for hours it seems, Erika decides to go grab some coffee, maybe some fresh air. She grabs her coffee in the lobby and decides to take a walk on the grounds. She smiles a little to herself as she sees her favorite security guard patrolling the grounds. Okay, maybe she likes him a little bit. She knows he's out of her league completely, given that he flirts with everyone.

"Fancy meeting you here." She smiles, a little flirtatiously.

ooc: Sample PM please
 
"I'm always here. You know that. Just doing my boring rounds..that's all. Glad to have some distractions. Are you busy today?"
 
Gary has been a Security guard for a little over six months now, and while it is not the most glamorous of jobs it paid the bills. Well at the moment it paid better than his other job. Gary had a secret job as a male model. Not that anyone would know though. He only modeled underwear and jeans, so only his lower body was ever shown. The most of his face that had ever been shown was his chin when he had done an add for a popular brand that had featured his abb's and the top half of his lower body. What was even crazier was they had a billboard featuring it right across from his new place of work.

Gary was Just over six feet and had the good looks that came from long hours spent outside. He had grown up in Australia and been a beach bum as a kid, spending most of his free time surfing. He had got into iron man events from there and had trained hard as well as studying hard. That was why he was over here now. He was working part time while studying for his degree in marine biology. At the moment it was between semesters and he was working hard to save up money. He may be 26 but he still needed to save.

As he was doing his rounds his eyes caught sight of Erika walking towards him and he smiled. She was really nice and he normally joked around with her a lot. Okay flirted might be a better word. She was probably one of the few women who hadn't thrown herself at him yet.
~Fancy meeting you here~She said smiling at him.
"Well it is my job after all beautiful," He replied smiling back. "Now aren't you supposed to be inside working on some big deal or something that a grunt like me could never understand, instead of out here like a naughty schoolgirl skipping class hmmm," he asked with a small grin and mischief dancing in his eyes.
 
Last edited:
Gary had this ability to make her smile. They flirted here and there but she knew it wasn't anything serious because she knew as attractive as he was that he always had ladies throwing themselves at him and she wasn't that type. She was very serious about her work but it was always nice to see a friendly face around. In fact, it was quite wonderful actually.

"Aren't you funny." She smiled back with a cup of much needed coffee in her hand. "I needed a break from the computer screen or my eyes might have gone crossed." She said.

"And you're here to keep women like myself all protected." She teased but she knew Gary was good at his job and the company was lucky to have him.
 
"Well we can't have you going crossed eyed now can we," Gary answered in Mock seriousness. "That would just spoil your pretty face and besides that would then ruin my record of protecting YOU pretty women." Gary made sure to emphasize the you in that sentence. He always enjoyed their verbal bantering and he didn't mind it now as he stood facing her as she sipped her coffee.

Erika was a very pretty woman who hid it behind plain clothes, a hairstyle that did little for her and very unflattering makeup. Give him half an hour and he bet he could turn her into a stunner. Still who knew why she did it. He himself flirted with a lot of the women in the building so they would stay at arms length. He knew he had a reputation as a ladies man but the truth was he had dated no one from here or anywhere since he had arrived in the city a year ago. At first he had been to busy and now no one he met seemed right.

"So what exactly do you need protecting from little lady", Drawled Gary in his best Cowboy impersonation which was terrible.
 
She found herself laughing at his god awful cowboy impression. Being around him made her smile, more than she was used to. "Stick to your day job because that cowboy impression is god awful." She smirked a little bit, teasing him softly.

Erika had dated a few men when she first came to town about 3 years ago but each seemed to burn her worse than the first. She obviously had crap taste in men so for the time being she gave up all hope of finding a decent guy who treated her nicely.

Erika couldn't help but smile to herself as she heard him mention her pretty face. Erika was pretty sure he was just flirting with her to keep up the banter between them but it was nice to hear a compliment on occasion.

"Oh you haven't noticed. I have a line of guys just dying to get to me." She joked and then laughed. She hadn't had a man show interest in her and god knows how long.
 
"Well I can believe that," Gary said, knowing that she probably had at least three or four guys after her. He certainly wouldn't mind asking her out himself, but there was no way someone as high up on the food chain as Erika would ever want to go out with him. She was so far out of his league he needed a telescope just to see it.

"If you ever need any help with them just remember I carry a very big stick around. I'm sure I could help you out with it," he said with a chuckle in his voice.
 
"Oh, now you're a comedian too." She teased softly. She hadn't been perused by any man in a long time but she wasn't too upset over the entire thing. The last few men who had perused her turned out to be jerks and men who were just interested in getting her into bed.

"And what about you? I'm sure you have some lady friends lined up just to see you." She smirked. He was good looking, charming and an over all nice guy and any woman would be lucky to be in his company.

She took a seat on the bench. She had felt a little stressed out before coming out here but Gary always managed to make her smile.
 
Gary's smile dimmed a little bit as he remembered the last woman who had asked him out. Turned out she was an aspiring model and just wanted to use him to get onset at his latest shoot to meet his photographer and manager. She hadn't made it as he always left strict instructions no one was to be allowed on set to see him, and she broke up with him the next day.

"Oh yes of course," Gary replied switching his hundred watt smile back on. " I have been using the same stick to beat all of them off with."
Gary looked down on Erika and could see the stress in her body. She couldn't even relax sitting on a park bench. He had an excellent cure for that but was hesitant to bring it up. Back when he had been surfing a lot and competing in Iron man events, he had gotten a lot of sore muscles. He had learned to massage them out and from there had taught himself to massage full bodies. His mates and fellow contestants both male and female told him he was really good and that he should actually open a massage shop.

"You look really tense and stressed Erika. Everything okay up in the fishbowl," Gary asked referring to the big round glass building behind her. He had taken to calling it that several weeks after starting and had told a couple of the girls he flirted with. Now it was the un official nickname of the building.
 
She laughed as he referred to the office as a fishbowl. Honestly, she was lucky to have a job and she was thankful for that truly but there were days like today the stress was eating her alive. Her boss was demanding and some of the people she worked with had a worth ethic of about zero. It shouldn't bother her but it did and it just added to the stress she felt.

But unwork related, Erika also realized she wasn't getting any younger and she wasn't even attracting a single man. As extreme as it sounded, she was pretty convinced she'd die alone.

"You know, us fish in the fishbowl are over worked and it's probably just exhaustion catching up to me." She smiled, or at least tried to.

"Now that I've bored you enough about me, what about you? What's going on with you?"
 
"Me oh you don't want to hear about my boring life," he laughed trying to distract her from her question. "It's just your usual stuff. Patrol a place that for the life of me I can't ever see anyone breaking into."
Then looking her up and down he leaned in close and whispered conspiratorially "Well perhaps if they were looking for beautiful sex slaves I could see them doing it," he grinned at her.

Gary hoped that this might take her mind off her asking too much about his after work activities. He hated lying to people but if the word got out about his modeling job he would never hear the end of it from the guys and who knew how the women would react to it.
Besides he meant what he said about the sex slavers. He would snatch her up in an instant. How she was still single was a mystery.
 
She heard him get serious for a split second and she knew what he meant. "Story of my life. The fish bowl over there is pretty cliquey if you haven't figured that you yet." She said. "So if you're not in with them then forget it." She told him. "None of them particularly like me since I'm relatively new compared to the rest of them." She said, being honest with him.

"But whatever, screw them." She smiled. She wasn't about to let the idiots of the fishbowl ruin her day. Especially when she had a nice guy friend like Gary to talk to.

She had been having this pain in her neck all day. She was pretty sure she must have strained it while sleeping the wrong way. She brought her hand to her neck and rubbed it, hoping that would do the trick.

"Would you happen to know any tricks for a strained neck? I think I pulled a muscle last night or something."
 
Gary looked around making sure that no one else was around. "Erika what I am going to do you can tell no one about alright. If this get's out I will be in big trouble."
He could see the worried look on her face but he decided he could trust her. He walked behind the bench she was sitting on and gently began to feel the muscles along her neck and shoulder. Sure enough they were wound up tight and he began to slowly massage them out. He did it lightly at first but gradually he increased the pressure to get into her deep tissue's so he was sure she would have full movement again. He did most of it by feel, working the muscles until they moved back into position and smoothed themselves out. Finally he thought he had them all back where they were supposed to be.
"Alright Erika try to move your neck for me please."
He had been so absorbed in what he was doing he had forgotten that he was working on a beautiful woman's neck in the middle of an atrium, at his job. He began to blush as Erika began to gingerly move her neck around.
 
She felt his hands at her neck. They were so strong yet gentle. She could feel him applying pressure to the rough spots along her neck. She could feel an almost shiver run up her body. He was a man with an amazing touch. For a minute she forgot Gary was the one working on her neck. He had such an amazing touch..so gentle yet it did the trick.

After a few moments, she was able to move her neck without any pain whatsoever.

"That was amazing." She said, almost blushing. He had been very close to her. And part of her had to admit she harbored a little crush on him. He was her good friend, hell probably her only friend at the fish bowl and she didn't want to risk screwing that up.
 
"Ahh well I had better get back on my rounds or they will think I am slacking off somewhere, but if you ever need that done again just let me know. Your neck is very important and you can never be too careful with it."
Gary gave her a big smile and started to walk away, but then he turned back and gave her a conspiratorial wink. "Just remember, this is just between you and me OK. It will be our little secret." Smiling at her again he gave her a little wave and strolled off to continue his rounds. If he pushed it he could probably make up the time by running up some stairs along the way. He might be a few minutes late checking in but he wouldn't give up a chance to chat with Erika at anytime, and he certainly wouldn't have missed today's for anything.

Whistling happily he started walking a little faster to make up for lost time.
 
She laughed softly and found herself smiling as he walked away. Erika always found herself smiling after talking with Gary. Something about him, something about how he made her feel, it was wonderful. They were just friends and Erika respected that because she knew Gary had women falling over him left and right. And hell would have to freeze over before he took any interest in her.

She headed up to the fish bowl and her colleagues were acting prissy...typical. But Erika wasn't letting it bother her. She just had the best neck message and her talk with Gary still made her smile. If she closed her eyes, she could still feel his strong hands against her neck.

It seemed like the rest of the day went by quickly. As hard as she tried, she couldn't seem to get Gary out of her mind. She stopped by his office to say goodnight, on the hopes he'd still be there.

"Hey..." She said as she leaned against the door frame.
 
Gary was in a pretty happy mood. He had just received a phone call from his agent to say that one of the jeans commercials he had done recently was getting attention from some big people and he had landed a sweet deal to do an underwear shoot later that week.

When he heard Erika's voice at the door he thought the day just couldn't get any better.
"Hi Erika what brings you here? Actually I am really glad that you did. I was wondering if you would have any time free this week to maybe go out for dinner or something."

Gary knew he was pushing this run of good luck but he was going to run with it until the end.
 
She smiled when she saw him. There was something about him that made her heart race. While she knew he probably would never even think about her like that, she knew she harbored a little crush on him. And if anything, he was always a good friend to her and she appreciated that.

"I was just heading out. And I wanted to see you." She said. She didn't mean for it to come out like that. It was true though. She did want to see him but she didn't want to make him uncomfortable because she knew there was no way in hell he'd ever like her like that. She was plain and she was sure she wasn't his type. He had attractive women throwing themselves at him all the time. "I mean....I um, just wanted to thank you again for before." She said, trying to cover up what she had said.

"You want to have dinner with me?" She felt her heart racing a little bit. There was something about him that she really liked. He always made her feel wonderful. "Maybe tomorrow night if you're free..." She said. She was pretty sure she was blushing now. Was he asking her out like in a date? She highly doubted it. Just friends hanging out. Or at least that was what she tried to get herself to believe.
 
Gary's smile widened even more. Tomorrow night. He couldn't believe his luck. Of course she had hesitated a bit when he had asked her and it was almost like she was surprised someone like him would have the nerve to ask her out but she had said yes.

Looking at her standing in the doorway he couldn't quite make out her face as the clash of bright light from the hallway and the dull lighting from the office's bulbs created a halo effect around her. It just made her more Angelic in his books. He hated the fact his office had to have such dull lighting but it allowed him to monitor his sections computer screens easier so the company one as usual.

"Um...Tomorrow would be great. Any preference on the type of restaurant or do you have a favorite type of food?"
 
She had no idea why he was asking her to dinner. Her heart was racing a little bit. Gary was such a good friend to her and she always felt great after talking to him. But if she was being honest with herself, she had to admit she liked him a lot. She knew he was completely out of her league. He was very attractive and had bombshell women falling all over him.

"I'll let you pick." She smiled. She hadn't been able to stop thinking about him the rest of the day. The way his strong hands massaged her neck. His touch had been so wonderful. She reached into her bag and wrote down her number. She stepped a little further into his office.

"Give me a call when you decide on a place." She smiled at him softly.
 
Gary's heart skipped a beat when he saw her smile. Was that aimed at him. Smiling back at her he took the slip of paper from her hand. As he did his fingers brushed hers and little sparks of electricity seemed to flow into him. A small gasp of surprise escaped him and he masked it by quickly opening the paper and scanning the number.
"I will be sure to call you as soon as I can Erika. Until tomorrow then. I am sure I will see you at work but I will call you tonight."

Gary hurried home and started to think. He couldn't just take someone like Erika out to someplace like the olive garden. He turned on his computer and began to scan the places around him. Finally he settled on a nice upscale place not to far away from work. He decided it would be a good idea if they left from there. If their date did not go well at least they would both have their own cars and could easily go their own ways. Plus they didn't finish until 6 o'clock anyway so it would be easier for them both.

Picking up his phone he dialed Erika's number.
"Hi Erika it's Gary. I hope you don't mind but I booked us a table at the ' Frontaine'. It's a little restaurant near work that serves a little bit of everything. I reserved us a table for seven so we can get changed at work and drive over from there. You can use the bath stall in my office to change if you want. It has it's own shower, basin and mirror, plus power points."
 
Erika couldn't believe the sparks she was feeling when she felt Gary's hand brush hers. She had to keep reminding herself that this probably wasn't even a real date, more like two friends hanging out. On her drive how from work she couldn't get him out of her head and she couldn't wait for his call.

Later that night she saw a number show up on her phone that she didn't recognize and she figured that was Gary. "Hey Gary." She answered into the phone. "That sounds great." She had been thinking a lot about him since she left work; about the amazing massage he gave her.

"I can't wait to see you tomorrow...."She started to say but then felt a little embarrassed for doing so because she was pretty sure he didn't think of her like that.
 
Gary heard her say she was looking forward to seeing him tomorrow. Perhaps she was feeling something like he was. He decided to take a big chance.
"Erika would you maybe like to eat lunch with me as well. I get a break around 1 and I could meet you at the same bench as today. I..I..I would really like it if you would meet me you know. I think you are one of the better people working at the fishbowl."

Gary hoped he had just not blown all hopes he had of seeing Erika. More than likely she would laugh at him now and tell him their date was off, but he had to take the chance.
 
Back
Top