Statin Pimps in Overdrive

Balladeer08

Literotica Guru
"Health Experts" are recommending that more people than ever begin taking Statins.

Which are already the most prescribed drug in the country.

If these guidelines are followed, the number of people taking the drug with double, to 72 million people.

Why do I get the strange feeling that these "experts" work for pharmacy companies?

"Health Experts" are recommending that more people than ever begin taking Statins.

Which are already the most prescribed drug in the country.

If these guidelines are followed, the number of people taking the drug with double, to 72 million people.

Why do I get the strange feeling that these "experts" work for pharmacy companies?

Does remind me when the various designer selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors were going to be the end all and be all of all mood disorders and fix everyones problems.

20 years later with the patents ran out suddenly they aren't that important anymore are they?

Does remind me when the various designer selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors were going to be the end all and be all of all mood disorders and fix everyones problems.

20 years later with the patents ran out suddenly they aren't that important anymore are they?

You don't necessarily need statins.

I dropped my cholesterol level from 216 to 180 just by changing my diet.

Last edited:
You don't necessarily need statins.

I dropped by cholesterol level from 216 to 180 just by changing my diet.

Thanks that put some context aroud statins.. Original contexts of course I understood that it was a drug being pushed to affect that.... and that was enough to understand the point you're making.

Being a naturally curious bastard I was tempted to Google statins, but I've spent the last couple of hours on an Anti Google rant so that seemed a little hypocritical.

I tend to look askance at Big Pharmacy anyway, and wonder about the whole Better Living Through Chemistry idea and its validity.

I have a friend who is very naturally prone to very high cholesterol. He controls it 100% naturally by being a roughage-eating vegetarian. I know another who has cut poultry-industry-produced eggs from his life and has actually had his cholesterol drop. I also remember that when they wanted to put Dad on blood pressure meds, he volunteered to try to change it by diet first, and succeeded.

Hell, I had a shrink tell me I'd likely be on meds for the rest of my life, and I haven't for over 18 years.

I think that, were I in the position of having some condition which "required" medicating, I'd certainly do all I could to correct it by changing diet and environment before becoming a pharmacological guinea pig.

Thanks that put some context aroud statins.. Original contexts of course I understood that it was a drug being pushed to affect that.... and that was enough to understand the point you're making.

Being a naturally curious bastard I was tempted to Google statins, but I've spent the last couple of hours on an Anti Google rant so that seemed a little hypocritical.

No these "experts" (who are not named, which is part of what makes it interesting) are expanding the conditions for which statins should be taken.

I'm waiting for them to add "the heartbreak of psoriasis", which is a phrase that has always cracked me up.

No these "experts" (who are not named, which is part of what makes it interesting) are expanding the conditions for which statins should be taken.

I'm waiting for them to add "the heartbreak of psoriasis", which is a phrase that has always cracked me up.

Shouldn't that be the dermal break of psoriasis?

Dr Oz on statins.

http://blog.doctoroz.com/dr-oz-blog...uld-significantly-increase-per-new-guidelines

bigrednz was on Lipitor quite a few years back now. He had side effects that were horrible for him and our family till we figured out he was reacting to the statin.

I was listening to a talk back radio station one night and heard about other people who reacting badly. Mood swings, aggressiveness, memory loss etc.

With a good diet bigrednz no longer takes Lipitor and is his usual lovely self.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/mediterranean-diet/CL00011

Another interesting link about statins.

http://www.spacedoc.com/

Back