My Zombie Shelter (open to everyone)

"I watched you two carve your way through the walkers near the gas station, it was impressive. I could tell right then that you guys would survive longer than most. But..." and she stopped and turned to look at Randy as she continued, "do you trust the other three, considering you only just met them, to not try to hurt him?"

She didn't want to worry Randy, but it did seem a little odd to leave your friend with three strangers. Then again, it was odd to split off in the hopes of finding her and getting her to join them. Not that she blamed him, she had skills. And not just in the hunting category.

"Max sounds like more than enough to keep him safe though."

Walking up another little rise, she paused, below them was the residential development she assumed he had been talking about. From this point onwards she planned on being ready, and removing an arrow from the quiver, she clicked it onto the string.

"I'll follow you, just let me know if you need a walker taken out quietly..."

I smiled at her compliment. It was a strange time when a guy who was exceptionally ordinary in his former life was being praised for his aptitude for killing, but then again, times didn't get much stranger than now.

"Yeah, I wouldn't worry to much about Mike. He is an excellent shot and tactician, and when it comes down to it, there is nobody I would rather have on my side. At the same time, there is no one I would fear more as an enemy, except maybe myself." I said with a small laugh. "He'll be fine."

"Max sounds like more than enough to keep him safe though."

"Yeah, Max is as fierce and loyal as Mike. The two of them are a force to be reckoned with. They have saved my ass more than once."

We crested the knoll and I could see the rooftops of the housing development that we had been looking for through the trees. It was a relief to know that shelter was close and that we would be able to relax a bit before rejoining the others. I watched Olivia noch and arrow, gettng ready for what might lie ahead. She told me to take the lead, so I grabbed the Kimber and started carefully making my way forward.

We crept carefully into the overgrown back yard of the nearest house. The torn canvas top of a play structure flapped lazily in the wind, making a light tapping sound as it hit the wooden posts it had been mounted to. The yard was small, but the grass was close to knee high and I scanned every inch of the round in front of me making sure there weren't any crawlers around hungry for some Randy.

Soon, we had made it beside the house, and staying close to the wall, I peeked around the corner and out into the street to see if there were any obvious signs of danger. I had almost hoped that there would be. At least then you would know what you were facing. Seeing nothing, I waved for Olivia to follow and we walked out into the driveway and toward the street. I could see the two toned F-150 still sitting where I had left it and the house behind looked the same as when I had been there before. I couldn't help but smile as I thought things were finally going my way and I turned to look at Olivia.

"There." I said pointing to the truck about six houses up on the other side of the street. "Shall we?"

Watching the street, Olivia nodded as Randy pointed out the house up ahead. It looked clear, and it probably was, however it also could be a trap. Often an empty residential area meant someone who was capable of keeping it clear lived nearby. But sometimes it also meant that the walkers had either died off, or had wandered away due to lack of resources.

She could never tell which option was most likely.

"Definitely, you're beginning to smell like a meal," she replied with a grin, the deer dripping onto him was also imprinting him with its aroma.

Heading across the street, arrow drawn back once again, she kept close to parked cars but no so close as to allow walkers to grab at her if were hiding inside or underneath. Leaning up against a parked car, without making sure nothing used it for cover was a bad idea in general.

Waving him over, she headed forward further, managing to get to the house with little resistance. She jumped the gate, probably needing to be oiled to avoid it screeching from lack of use. On the other side, she scanned the garden before waiting.

I started to tell her, "Well, feel free to taste me whenever you like." but decided against it. There would be time for me to be a smartass later, but for now we just needed to concentrate on getting to the house and truck. Instead, I just returned her smile and then set my focus on our destination.

She took the lead, noching an arrow and moving quietly forward. I watched her movements and decided that I was going to like hanging around her more and more as time progressed. Each step was measured, and calculated to keep her moving forward, but still maintain a bit of concealment behind the abandoned vehicles. She kept a safe distance away, but stayed close enough to still remain hidden. I took a deep breath and a final look around before I began to follow her.

With a wave she signaled that the coast was clear and we approached the house, before moving to the side yard. She jumped the fence, and then proceeded to the back yard just out of my sight. I tossed the deer over the gate and then jumped it just as she did after temporarily holstering the Kimber. I picked up the deer again, an then moved up behind her at the back corner of the house.

"The rear door should still be unlocked, let me stash this deer somewhere and then we can work on clearing the house." I whispered to her.

I made my way further into the garden area toward one of the outbuildings on the property. It had a small greenhouse attached to it and there was a rain barrel at the bottom of one of the spouting runners. I took a chance and lifted the screened lid from the top and looked at the water inside. It had a slight green tinge from algae that was growing, but was insect free. I slowly lowered the deer into the water and replaced the lid before rejoining Olivia at the back entrance.

"You ready?" I whispered, nodding toward the door.

Getting inside was easy enough, Randy had pointed out that the door was unlocked, and as Olivia turned the handle slowly it clicked open. Nobody these days entered a house an assumed it was empty, nobody that wanted to live very much longer anyway. So as she pushed the door open with her shoulder, she listened. It creaked a little from lack of oil, but overall she didn't cause any excess noise. Then she listened more, sniffed at the air, and waited. The seconds crept by, and whilst someone might think standing outside was more dangerous, Olivia knew that rushing in for no good reason was far worse.

After a minute, she hadn't heard anything within the hallway or anything making significant sounds in the rooms adjacent to them. Pushing the door open with her shoulder and left foot, she raised her bow and stepped inside.

She hoped that Randy wouldn't speak straight away. Her little brother had asked, "Is it clear?" too early once, and pulled walkers from all over the house. He was innocent in the act, not knowing any better.

Catching Randy's gaze, she indicated that she would head right into what looked like a dining room. They were pretty easy to check, mostly just a table. But curtains were common for hiding walkers. Attracted to the sparkles of light and movement, but not smart enough to back themselves out of the corner.

I watched as Olivia moved noiselessly around the dining room making sure it was clear. There was a short hallway separating it from the living room and then a stairway that led to the upper rooms. I continued to watch her, they way she moved. She was confident, but careful, like she had done this a million times before, perhaps even professionally. I stayed in the hallway, looking around for signs that someone or something had been here since I had been, but the place looked exactly as it had when I left it. Still, I told myself to remain vigilant until we were certain the house was clear.

After clearing the dining room, it was my turn to take point. I held up two fingers, similar to how a flight attendant points to the emergency exits at the front and rear of a plane's cabin, and pointed them in the direction of the living room with a waving motion. I brought up the Kimber, and with a firm and sure grip, started to step down the hall.

Within a few minutes more the first floor was clear, so it was on to the two rooms of the upper floor. I gave Olivia a thumbs up, and then once again taking point, started up the stairway. It was short, and walled on both sides which made it dark and shrouded in shadow. The light that came through the upper floor windows, illuminated the landing at the top and for a moment I stopped and watched, seeing if any of the shadows started to move indicating we were not alone. Seeing nothing, I took a few more steps, then stopped to listen to the noises of the house. The top of a stairway was one of the most dangerous places to be because you were botlenecked into a specific location with no egress but the stairs below you. It was the perfect place to set up a killbox if anyone else had claimed this house for themselves.

A few more steps, and I was at the landing, swinging my pistol from side to side and seeing nothing. I breathed a sigh of relief, and headed toward one of the two open doors to the rooms upstairs.

Checking that the front door was locked, the deadbolt giving one extra level of security, Olivia scanned the bottom floor for a short while before following Randy up the stairs. He had paused halfway, and she waited until he'd moved on. His footsteps light and firm at the same time. Soft yet placed with control. She watched as he left her vision, heading for two open doorways. Whilst he went one way, she covered him by keeping her bow trained on the other open door. If he got into trouble, at least having a walker sneak up behind him shouldn't be a problem.

There was still no noise, and after giving him a good minute, she slowly headed for the other open door. Peaking in, it was a bathroom, and there was no places to hide besides behind the shower curtain. But with the light streaming in from behind it, she saw no silhouette.

The place looked like it had been ransacked, the medications and supplies that had been in the mirror cupboard were strewn on the floor, either empty or useless. But she did notice something of interest, a few packet of razors, shaving foam and mouth wash. Not a bountiful discovery, but Randy would probably enjoy the option of using them.

Stepping into the bathroom, she checked behind the door quickly before slowly peaking around the half open side of the shower curtain. Nothing. Pushing it aside, the bath was empty. A scrubbing ball, some shampoo and conditioner, a bar of soap (oldish looking), it was standard bathroom fare.

Heading out into the hallway again, she looked around for any other places for something to be hiding. Just a linen closet, which she listened to by pressing her ear against it. Nothing to hear. By now, she hoped that Randy would have finished clearing the other room, a bedroom hopefully. She really could use a bit of sleep.

If he came out soon, she would open up the closet to check, if not, she'd do it alone but carefully. But she doubted anything would be inside.

The bedroom I had entered took no time to clear. I performed all of the standard checks, behind the doors, closets, under the bed, and found nothing to worry about. I took a look out the dirty windows and saw that only one had any sort of egress capability if it came to that. The roof of the small porch we had entered was about four feet below the window, and then it was a dangerous but survival drop to the back yard. It was hard not to be paranoid in situations like this, but desparate times...well everyone knows the saying.

In the closet, both mens and womens clothing hung although the number of womens garments far outnumbered the guy's. I couldn't help but smile as I remembered how mine and Fiona's closet had look so similar. I was perfectly happy having mostly jeans and a few button up twiil shirts, while she had needed a plethera of garments, each one coordinated with a pair of shoes and a handbag. It had been a source of many of our fights, but most of them stemmed from me just wanting to get to the making up part. I think Fiona had always knon it, but she went along with it just because she wanted me to think I was getting one over on her. She was intuitive like that.

I shrugged off the memory and moved back toward the door and saw Olivia waiting expectantly in front of a hall closet. I nodded that I was ready and gripped my pistol a little tighter, in case there happened to be something in there that wanted to make us its dinner.

"Whenever you're ready I whispered." hoping that it would be clear and we could finally relax for a little bit in this sanctuary for a while.

Opening the closet, Olivia waited for the gunshots, but as none happened after a few seconds and there was no panic or mayhem she looked around the door to see fresh linen. Well that would come in handy. Closing the door, she leaned against it and breathed out deeply. It was good to occasionally relax. To unwind. To let one's hair down. Well, to not feel as though you were going to die every single second of the day.

"Well that's a relief," Olivia said with a smile, the kind that either made you feel at ease or at least a little less on an alert high.

The open door to the bathroom was indicated with a flick of her head, her hair jumping around after getting messed up. "The bathroom is clean, might be water still on, but probably not hot...you might be lucky," she grinned, wondering what he thought of a cold shower at this time of day. But then again, the river was cold and he hadn't blinked.

Looking around the hallway, she noted a high backed dresser, not big enough for anything to be hiding in but it might make it harder for anyone sneaking up the stairs.

"I'll see if they have any tea, coffee or something drinkable downstairs. Take your time, it's not everyday you get the chance to chill out in a shower."

With that she took her bow and rifle, now more relaxed and slowly headed down the stairs. If they were lucky she might find something more substantial to eat as well. Just a light snack of course, no need to go all out on a home cooked meal. But then again, wouldn't that be nice for a change.

I watched her walk down the stairs and then turned to head into the bathroom. I didn't figure that there would be any water, but I couldn't resist trying the spigot anyway. As i suspected, nothing, but I decided that there was bound to be something here I could use to clean up anyway.

I holstered my sidearm and looked in the linen closet first. There were towels and wash cloths of different colors, but other than that nothing that would cut through the layers of grime on my skin and clothes. I opened the doors of the vanity and rooted around through the various cleaners and such, trying to see if there was anything there that might clean me but still leave my skin in tact. Shoved way in the back, I found a brand new container of baby wipes. The couple had two children so i figured their house must have been packed to the gills with kind of stuff at one time. I took the package out and pulled back the plastic tab to open it and was rewarded with the flowery clean scent of whatever detergent they used on these things to make them lean so well. I took off my pack, boots, shirt, thigh rig and jeans and began the painstaking task of trying to clean up a bit.

At first, i only hit the important spots, but looking around and figuring that we would be here for the night, I thought I would give all of me the good once over and then see if there was some clothing around that I could wear. After giving myself the once over, I looked into the mirror that was hanging beside the medicine cabinet. I hardly recognized the man that was staring back at me. I turned to the side and almost gasped at the image looking back at me. I was thinner than I had been since high school, but I didn't look malnurished. My now toned and defined arms were covered in scars and bruises, each bringing back memories of the road that had led me to here. I could see the letters "ERI", printed on my shoulder blade from the tattoo I had gotten when I was eighteen.

I thought back to when i had gotten it. Me and a few of my buddies had gotten "MONTANI SEMPER LIBERI" scrolled across our shoulders. It had been a nod to our state motto of "Mountaineers are always free" back then, but now as I turned more to look at it, I realized the difference in what freedom meant to us then and what it means to us now. I grew a little sad at wondering if any of those guys were still alive, and if they remembered that time too.

Shaking my head to get back to the present, I peeked out the door to see if Olivia had come back upstairs, before walking naked into the bedroom to look for fresh clothes. I was hopeful that I could find something to replace the grungy rags I was wearing and I feel fresh and clean for the first time since the compound.

It didn't take very long to do a slow lap of the ground floor, carefully peaking out through any windows to see if there was any movement outside. But her motives quickly moved onto finding supplies and seeing what the house offered in the form of food and water. The pantry was bare, beyond some mostly empty containers. One contained powdered milk, about a cup worth remaining, and she placed that and whatever else was edible on the kitchen bench.

Before too long she was looking over the powdered milk, some weevil invested flour, a few drops of olive oil, baking powder, chilli powder and some crusty brown sugar that had been partly ruined by moisture. Once upon a time she would have thrown it all in the bin, but these days her stomach had grown stronger.

It wasn't as if she wanted to impress Randy, but with the ingredients they now had, she knew that with a nights rest, they could have a decent little breakfast. Wrapping it all up, she placed it in the top of her backpack, before heading upstairs.

Randy wasn't in the bathroom, so she headed into the bedroom and flopped down on the bed, burying her face into one of the pillows. Her half jump from stepping through the doorway had given her a brief glance of a manly figure not fully clothed, but she didn't indicate it.

"Oh my god, it's heavenly..." she said almost orgasmically. Rolling onto her back after giving him plenty of time to cover up, putting her hands behind her head.

I had been lucky enough to happen onto a pair of sweatpants that had USC in white block lettering on one thigh. They were a little big, but figuring that beggars can't be choosers I started to step into them. I had just bent over to allow the other ankle to fill the leg when I hear movement behind me, the creak and squeak of bed springs followed by a breathy female voice.

"Oh my god, it's heavenly..." Olivia said and I shot up dragging the elastic at the top of the sweats with me.

My heart leapt into my throat as I turned to see her wallowing on the bed. It took me a few seconds to realize that she was talking about the bed, and not the sight of my ass as I was trying to get dressed. I have to confess, that for a moment I was relieved, but also just a bit disappointed. I stood there watching as she writhed around, enjoying the softness of the mattress and sheets, and after a minute I started to feel uncomfortable. It was like I was watching her at some private moment that wasn't meant for anyone to see.

"Uhm...should I leave you alone for a moment?" I said softly wanting to let her know I was there in case in her haste to enjoy the bed she hadn't noticed me.

Glancing over, Olivia smiled. "No need, I've got it out of my system. You cannot always keep such enjoyments to yourself," she grinned, looking at his chest once again. This time she also caught the slight blush of embarrassment that was quickly fading from his cheeks.

Patting the bed, she rolled over onto her side.

"So, I found enough to make pancakes in the morning, but that's about it. I say we get an early sleep and head off at first light, thoughts?" she asked, watching whatever he did. She figured they would probably talk for a little while.

I just stood there for a moment watching as she rolled to her side and then patted the bed, indicating for me to join her. I was still standing there, holding up my sweats, and calming after her surprise entry while I was changing. I tied the strings at the top so my new clothes wouldn't fall off and then stepped toward the bed. I had to admit, that the soft mattress and linens looked very inviting, especially with Olivia laying on them.

"Pancakes...it seems like forever since I have had pancakes." I said lifting a knee to the mattress before crawling in and lying down.

I rolled over onto my back and let out a long contented sigh. I had forgotten what it could feel like to rest in a bed. There had been a bed back at the compound but I had slept in it. It felt strange. Suddenly aches and pains that either I hadn't been aware of or had just plain ignored suddenly showed themselves in grand fashion as if finally allowed to leave my body.

"God this feels good." I said in a loud whisper, more to myself than Olivia.

I suddenly remembered her question and turned my head to peer at her. There were mere inches between us now and I couldn't help but stare at her pretty young face. Her skin was flawless and youthful, as if she had remained untouched by the world coming to an end. She had lost her entire family to it, yet her eyes didn't seem to be filled with pain, or anger. It was if she had just accepted it, and was living each moment as it came.

Growing self conscious for staring, "That sounds like a plan. Some rest, breakfast, the get the truck and head out. I like it. I'm sure Mike is wondering what the hell happened to me."

I smiled at that thought. I had a feeling Mike had more thoughts of the red-headed vet in his head than me.

OOC: I apologize for not posting in such a long time. Internet access has been severely limited, and I have been using what little bit of time allowed to maintain contact with family.

Hopefully things have settled back down now that I am home.

Perhaps I can pick up somewhere?

OOC: I apologize for not posting in such a long time. Internet access has been severely limited, and I have been using what little bit of time allowed to maintain contact with family.

Hopefully things have settled back down now that I am home.

Perhaps I can pick up somewhere?

Youre alive!!!! I was starting to worry!

OOC: Mike! Dude it is great to see you back. I have to admit that I was growing concerned as well. I am glad to see that you are well and safe. I think you are still at Mallory's place, though I am not completely sure what was going on. Will probably be a bit before Olivia and I rejoin you guys, but we are moving along well, and should have another truck to add to the mix.
Again, great to see you back man.

Gear

After I scrubbed up, and I helped clean up our unconscious guest, I realized just how tired I was. I had been going pretty much non-stop since the incident with Pandora back at the gas station. Randy and I had put down a few zombies. And then, with the excitement of meeting somone new, I guess it just takes it out of you.

Killing dead things was hard work.

I took the bar and and thanked her. She suddenly looked very sexy with her hair up in a bun. She was indeed a pretty girl. I opened the package and took a bite as I looked around.

"Nice place," I told her. "I really wasn't expecting to see some real semblance of civilization anywhere, anymore." I finished off the bar and put the other in one of my pants' cargo pockets.

"So," I asked, "what are the chances of a shower or something similar?"

I smiled at his compliment, "Thanks. I always loved living here. Still do some days," I sighed lightly and wistfully at my own statement.

He asked about a shower and after weighing my options between supervising my patient and allowing him in my home unattended I decided.

"There's usually a few minutes worth of hot water in the house. It's attached to the clinic so we dont have to go outside. I always check for dead things anyway though," I looked down, slightly uncomfortable, "i'll go with you. I don't know you well enough to let you in my home alone. I hope that doesn't offend you."

I looked back up a little sheepishly, something about him was stirring me up something fierce.

"There's usually a few minutes worth of hot water in the house. It's attached to the clinic so we dont have to go outside. I always check for dead things anyway though," I looked down, slightly uncomfortable, "i'll go with you. I don't know you well enough to let you in my home alone. I hope that doesn't offend you."

I looked back up a little sheepishly, something about him was stirring me up something fierce.

"I can totally understand that," I responded. I picked my M4 up from where I had leaned it against a door frame. I dropped the mag and worked the bolt a couple of times. The chambered round dropped onto the floor as the extractor and ejector worked in unison to pull it out. I picked it up and replaced it in the magazine then leaned the rifle back up. I put the mag in my cargo pocket. The rifle was now empty, and I still had my Glock on my side. I had emptied the rifle just in case someone woke up and decided to access a live weapon. Trust issues, being what they were.

"Trust is something, nowadays, that isn't easily given," I told her, "There was a time before the world went to shit when the very fact that I was a law enforcement officer meant people automatically trusted me."

I looked her in the eyes. "I miss that," I said. "I really do. It's a damn shame we don't trust anyone, anymore. And, yeah, so I don't know you anymore than you know me. Which means I don't trust you very far, yet. Something tells me I should, though. Gut instinct, maybe? Call it cop intuition or whatever.

"Or, maybe it just because you're really pretty and pretty girls are easy to trust?" I finished with a bit of a smile. I made a gesture with a nod of my head to let her know to lead the way. Trust or not, the only thing I really wanted right now was a shower to clean this gunk off me. It didn't matter if the hot water was rationed. I had taken my share of navy showers during my tours on ships and subs. Just the thought of a few minutes of clean water really sounded like a damn fine idea.

I smiled at his compliment and I could feel the light blush touching my cheeks.

"Thanks for saying that," I said lightly and bit my lower lip," well my gun is in the truck and I'm not getting close enough to one of those things to use my knife so I'll be right back."

I looked in the exam room as I turned and headed down the hall back towards the barn. The dogs seemed fine when I looked in on them, so I quickly grabbed the .22 and the Glock before meeting Mike back in the hallway.

I leaned the rifle against the wall and strapped the Glock to my thigh in easy reach after checking the mag.

"Okay, let's do this," I told him confidently. I swung the rifle across my back and drew the Glock, putting a round in the chamber and then holding it ready as I moved towards the door to the breezeway into the house. I had done this check a million times before but somehow this time my nerves were even more on edge. Maybe because there was another person depending on me to have his back.

I clicked the lock back and looked over my shoulder at him before pushing the door open and stepping through.

I sighed slightly, as I realized the small corridor was empty. I could feel his presence behind me, close. I undid the second latch, thankful at that moment for the millionth time that I had an open floor plan and clearing the 3 bedroom 2 bath wouldn't take but a couple of minutes.

I stepped into the familiar kitchen, I had learned how to be very quiet walking on the tile floor. I moved with grace and familiarity. I scanned it easily, noticing nothing out of place. The large glass vase still perched on the corner of the granite counter when I placed it every morning. That would have been the first clue that there was something in the house that was not welcome.

I checked to make sure Mike was right behind me, knowing that at any moment he could put a bullet in my brain before I could blink just because the urge struck him. He didn't seem like that kind of guy but, you never could really be sure. And I'd only known him for less than 3 hours. His comment about being a cop and missing the trust people once had in him did make me a little sad, but it could all be a ploy. I wasn't quite ready to let my guard down yet.

The light filtered in the boarded windows onto the hardwood floor of the living room, I couldn't see anything out of place in there either. But the hallway was a death trap. I stepped into the space between the island and the wall and looked down the long hall, nothing. I heard nothing but silence. I noticed how confident and easily Mike moved in behind me close enough to almost feel his body heat.

Focus Mal, he's just a man.

A damn fine looking one.

Focus.

My breathing was shallow as I moved ahead again, checking the dining room on the opposite wall of the kitchen and then turning back to the hallway.

I nodded at him and he locked eyes with me, silently telling me he was ready.

Somehow we moved as one, each of us checking the opposite rooms and ticking them off.

Bathroom, clear. Bedroom, clear. Office, clear. Master suite, clear.

The only thing left was the master bath. I entered the familiar room, the soft blue grey walls welcoming as usual, and moved into the center noting the walk in closet was devoid of any undead things.

He moved past me to look into the bathroom, and then I saw his body relax and knew it was fine. We were safe, at least for the time being.

I sighed and holstered the gun before setting the rifle down on the wooden trunk at the bottom of the king sized bed. I was suddenly overcome with the awkwardness of him being in my bedroom. A man I barely knew standing in the doorway between my bedroom and bathroom, looking at me the way he was.

"Well, I guess you had the tour," I tried to break the tension that I was feeling, and wondering if he was feeling it too.

"Okay, let's do this," I told him confidently. I swung the rifle across my back and drew the Glock, putting a round in the chamber and then holding it ready as I moved towards the door to the breezeway into the house. I had done this check a million times before but somehow this time my nerves were even more on edge. Maybe because there was another person depending on me to have his back.

She moved ahead of me. I unholstered my Glock and held it two-handed, muzzle down as I followed behind her. I watched over her shoulder as we moved into the house, and every now and then when she stopped for a corner or a clearing sweep I found myself against her. This wasn't uncommon in room clearing, for the point guy to have the second assaulter run up on his back. Mallory wasn't a guy, though, and that was a fact I was acutely aware of. I even caught myself glancing down at a perfect ass every now and then. The potential threat of a zombie ambush didn't allow my attention to stay there.

We finished the clear, and I stopped in the doorway between her bedroom and the bathroom I had just checked out. She was eyeballing me. She seemed uncomfortable. Or, maybe it was something else?

"Well, I guess you had the tour," I tried to break the tension that I was feeling, and wondering if he was feeling it too.

I smiled and nodded, then returned my eyes to hers. I glanced back at the empty shower stall, then again to her. I started to say something. I have no fucking clue what it was. The words never made it out. Before I knew what I was doing I had taken two steps towards her and I had her face in my hands and my lips were against hers.

My hands left her face and I gently wrapped a hand around her wrists. I'm not sure why I did that. I wasn't trying to restrain her because I wasn't really holding her arms immobile at all. Perhaps I thought she might try to hit me? Yeah, that's what it was. I had my hands on her wrists so that if she made any attempt at all to break away I could break away first and utter a stream of apologies and "I-don't-know-what-came-over-me's" and all that.

But she didn't pull away. And my mouth left hers and I let out a little breath (it wasn't a sigh..dudes don't sigh). I opened my eyes and looked into hers. I guess I was trying to convey all the feelings and the need and the want just then by a single stare. Who knows if it came through or not? Whatever the case, my hands left her wrists and went to her waist and I nodded back towards the shower.

"Water being a rare commodity and all...." I offered, my voice low and almost a whisper.

I wasn't sure what I expected in response but what happened next was definitely not it. He advanced on me holstering his gun and grabbed me, kissing me.

Hell, it was like being lit on fire. It had been entirely too long since any man had touched me this way. His hands held my wrists gently, I should have or could have moved away if I wanted. But I didn't. My mind was too busy reeling, trying to figure out what the hell was going on.

My breathing was shallow and just as I was about to move my arms around his neck he pulled away. He must have thought I was going to be appalled, he tried to apologize...I think. I couldn't really catch on to his train of thought. My mind had been overtaken by lust and need. All I gathered was that he was gesturing to the shower and looking at me like he'd never needed a woman's touch this much before.

His lowered tone made me shiver. I could feel his body heat and the smell of a man who spent all his time outdoors, it was now or never. I may never see him again but why not enjoy each other while we had the chance? I thought.

I stripped off my scrub shirt allowing his hands and arms to encircle my bare torso.

"Just stop talking," I whispered.

I kissed him, hard. And pushed him back towards the bathroom door as my body connected with his. My hands were all over him, tugging his faded t shirt over his head and getting more aggressive. His body was making me crazy, I hadn't felt this sense of urgency since...well since forever.

I reached behind me and turned on the shower as I continued kissing him and unbuckling his belt. I stripped down my scrubs and shoes until I was completely naked and revealed to him. My body wasn't as healthy as it had once been, my curves had not diminished though and the way he was eating them up with his eyes revealed plainly that he didn't mind.

She was....

She was perfect.

I took in a moment to drink in every curve. I committed every sensual turn of her skin to memory. If this was the last time I saw her I was going to make damn sure every delicious part of her would stay with me for as long as I could keep it.

I dropped my pants and underwear, and somewhere before that I had taken off my boots and socks. I'm not sure how; those details were lost to some other place as I took her in my arms and we found ourselves in the shower.

When her hair got wet and plastered itself to her face I nearly lost it.

And the way she looked at me. Oh my God the way she looked at me. I had to catch my breath. I had stop for just a second and swallow. Hard.

I pressed our mouths together and tasted her.

There was urgency here. I could feel it as surely as she could in me. My hands found her most succulent ass and I pulled against her thigh, bringing her leg up, propping her foot on the side of the tub.

I held her leg with one hand gripping her thigh, her skin soft, supple, yet firm. My other hand snaked across the side of her face, my fingers grazing over her lips, her cheek, until I wound my hand in her hair.

Below, my body had responded in equal proliferation. And, as I tightened my hand in her hair, I found what I wanted...no, what I needed, and I was inside her.

I know my eyes closed as I attempted to kiss her. I think I messed that up, because for a complete moment I couldn't think, couldn't speak, couldn't move. I had buried myself in her, and all that existed in that most complete of everything was the way it felt inside her.

Oh my god he was amazing. Every single perfect little detail of his kiss, the faded lines around his blue eyes that burned into me, every single thing.

I don't even know how we managed it but we were both in the shower in less than three seconds. The water wasn't completely warmed up yet but that was lost to me. All I could feel was him. His hands, his body, the hardness pressed against me. I pulled him to me needfully, kissing and touching his shoulders and neck, nipping slightly at his damp skin.

I looked up slightly as his hand gently caressed my face and brushed the wet hair away from where it was stuck to my cheekbones. It was in the stare I conveyed my need for him. The intensity burning right back at me was intoxicating.

My breath hissed between my teeth as I felt him press into me. It was like being frozen in time, in the most completely fulfilling moment you could ever imagine. I think he felt it too, because he didn't move. It was just one long breath between us.

It seemed to last forever before finally, "Mike, please, " I managed quietly against his shoulder.

The next moment was exquisite torture as he moved inside me, my hips bucked against him gently, urging him. Not that he needed me to, but oh god I wanted to. I couldn't get enough. A gentle tug from his hand and my head was tilted back against the cool tile, exposing my neck and breasts to his eyes and mouth.

I needed him to touch me with every part of himself. Every second that passed felt more and more like he reached into my soul and drew me out just for him.

Back