What's up with the vicious comments?

Markdown72

Virgin
I'm a new writer or writer wanna be. I just wrote a story called "How I became a Slut Wife" and I can't believe the nasty vicious comments from people who don't like the subject matter. Hey, I can take the grief for my poor writing skills, fair enough, I'm very new to this but why do people read stories with subject titles they know they don't enjoy and then complain because the subject matter disgusts them? Really and a half dozen complaints about Racist because there is a negro in the story. Not to mention the disease complaints because in this Fantasy, Fantasy mind you, my characters had unprotected sex. So is it just me or does anyone else take a beating on here?

I'm a new writer or writer wanna be. I just wrote a story called "How I became a Slut Wife" and I can't believe the nasty vicious comments from people who don't like the subject matter. Hey, I can take the grief for my poor writing skills, fair enough, I'm very new to this but why do people read stories with subject titles they know they don't enjoy and then complain because the subject matter disgusts them? Really and a half dozen complaints about Racist because there is a negro in the story. Not to mention the disease complaints because in this Fantasy, Fantasy mind you, my characters had unprotected sex. So is it just me or does anyone else take a beating on here?

Everyone takes a beating now & again.
THere are trolls a-plenty who's sole amusement is to completely spoil an author's confidence.
Fear not.

Hi Markdown and welcome to the AH.

No, it's not just you. It seems everyone here gets vicious comments from time to time. That's the problem with going public with a story; you have to deal with the public. In any large group there's bound to be a select few who are born to complain. They will always be there, and there's nothing you can really do about it. So don't let them get to you. If you can see right away there is no value to a comment, then why dwell on it? Just ignore or delete it and continue on your way.

Loving wives, right? Populated by angry, impotent misogynists. They read stories there solely for the chance to spew hatred at women that they dare not unleash IRL

Loving wives, right? Populated by angry, impotent misogynists. They read stories there solely for the chance to spew hatred at women that they dare not unleash IRL

Lol, as if that matters :)

Haters gonna hate and jealousy is a bitch.

Lit is like America on a smaller scale, and you can't punch anyone unless it's verbally.

Plus the Internet gives pussies Big Balls.

I don't get many vicious comments on my stories, but got two yesterday, the first of which was simply wrong about the story content, which I answered. The second taking out after me completely separately from the story on the same story (and also just wrong). I just deleted the second comment and will do so the next one too--and went about my business.

The best defense is to keep writing. When trolls see that you aren't scared off, they go find someone with a weaker backbone to abuse.

No it's not just you. Trolls and troll comments are part and parcel of Lit. If you dare post in the Loving Wives section even moreso. You just have to learn to live with them.

If it really bothers you that much, disable public comments.

There seem to be a few anon commenters with a special bee in their bonnet about adultery (at least when a woman does it). If you look through the comments on Loving Wives you'll see the same voices pop up time and time again.

I figure it's a small group of people (maybe even just one guy) who got badly hurt IRL and are venting their anger on LW stories.

Ignore them. Keep writing and you will get comments that will make your heart swell with pride.

Enjoy those and shit can the rest.

Hell I just got one that says a story I just posted is unreadable. it's currently got a score of 474....

well it would seem that someone is reading it and liking it so I will pay him no mind and get back to my writing.

Try to do the same.

and if that fails post on your own story as an Anon and chew his ass a new one over the comment. lol.

M.S.Tarot

Yeah, Loving Wives was my guess too. Hard to please those folk.

That depends.

Did you refer to him/her as a negro within the confines of the story?

Nasty comments, especially in LW is are a rite of passage.

If you let them get to you, you are not going to enjoy your time here. Remember readers are just like the people you know in R/L some are okay some are dicks and since when do you worry about what the dicks say?

Especially the emasculated ones that populate LW?

Ah, Loving Wives....

I'm a new writer or writer wanna be. I just wrote a story called "How I became a Slut Wife" and I can't believe the nasty vicious comments from people who don't like the subject matter.
Did you post in Loving Wives? And if you did, did you research that section--the stories and the comments they usually get--before you did?

If not, then I can't have much sympathy for you except to say that you've entered Lit with a trial by fire. LW is the section where commenters live to complain about stories. In fact, I think most LW readers believe that the stories there exist just to give them a chance to kevetch.

Now I'm not saying that you'll avoid trolls completely in other categories, but posting in LW is just asking for it--and I find it very hard to believe you didn't know what you were getting into when you posted there--unless you really just wrote up the story and picked that category blind. In which case, as I said, you've had a trail by fire for your first story. Congratulations, this is good for you. Now you know the worst you can face, know you can deal, and will bravely write on.

And maybe research the category before you post in it to see if it is populated by trolls. I can tell you that if you write a sweet, gentle romance and post in Romance you'll hear nary a trollish peep, but instead will get gushing praise from delighted readers. It's all in what section you post. If you post in LW...well, you now know what you'll get.

why leave vicious anonymous comments in Lit when it's more fun to insult the authors to their faces?

Oh poor thing! What a category to have picked for your first posting. Loving Wives is absolutely notorious. Have a look at this thread for Lovecraft's hilarious spoof Loving Wife comment.

TXRad has a story with 23 vitriolic comments on it in there. He keeps a special sharkproof suit for people who are thinking about writing about slut wives, next time you write a story you must come and borrow it.

But don't take it to heart too much. One of my stories has 23 reviews on American Amazon and 3 on British, most of them foaming at the mouth with outrage, saying they only gave one star because you can't give none. My story is depraved, disgusting, filth. It's not 'proper' paranormal and the werewolf doesn't behave like a 'real' werewolf - oh excuse me, I have to pick myself up from the floor where I'm rolling around with laughter. These people of course live in neighbourhoods entirely populated by vampires and the like to know how werewolves ought to behave :rolleyes:. Anyway, the downloads on that baby are stratospheric cuz everyone is rushing to see what the fuss is all about. I ought to clip out the one that said 'depraved filth' and use it in the story description; it was the best thing anyone could have said!

:D:D:D

:rose:

I posted this in Story Feedback a while ago.

I posted this in Story Feedback to help explain the nuances of that most risky of categories, Loving Wives. I've modified it a little. I hope it helps...
---

I've dabbled in LW category, and in the last month or so, read a ton, while working on two big stories about cheating. What I've found out about the category and the readers comments comes down to this:
  1. If it's a Truly Loving Wife (TLW) story, nothing but a happy relationship between a couple, often where the wife fights off seduction, it's generally approved of, but the scores tend not to be excellent. Don't know why. A shame really, this should be the poster child of the category. Patricia51 does this well. Checkout BAM. DG Hear's Blue Eyes Crying is currently #7 on the Top List. Only TLW story on the Top List front page.
  2. If there's extra-marital action, and they're both happy with it and respectful, you're not going to get too much grief, and you have a chance to get a good score. My The Accidental Nudist Cabin is this type, the only one of these in the top 40. A GOR-y Halloween Party is this also, and is listed #42 currently. I think there's two other's on the Top List 1st page.
  3. If the husband cheats, and it's not done to humiliate or punish the wife, especially if he doesn't get caught, again, no grief, and decent scores. Relatively tame comments, but the red H is rare. Also, if she goes along with it, the story gets a bye. pjhale121's Share by Phone, at #45 on the top list is of the second type. Worth a read.
  4. If the woman cheats, someone's going to be unhappy, and you'll see it in the comments and scores. Within this category you mostly have:

a) BTB. Burn the bitch. She cheats, he gets over the top revenge. The BTB crowd will still give you a little grief, because no matter what you do, it's never enough. You can still get a red "H" but rarely above a 4.60. Read Stangstar06 to see how to handle this crowd.

b) Reconciliation. If they get back together for any reason, the BTB crowd will cry foul. Very good chance you'll be compared to Matt Moreau who is the reigning poster boy for "RAAC" Reconciliation at any cost.

* If the reconciliation takes a LONG time, and the woman is faithful the whole time, and the man screws around, and goes back to his 'true love' you might get away with reconciliation. That seems to be the one time it's allowed.

* There are 2 types of BTB. 1) Get over without doing anything physical to her, and nothing deadly to the guy. This does a little better than 2) Kill, torture, and destroy everything. Leave her in a mexican brothel, or with Aids. The second of these will get some vitriolic comments. A lot of readers believe there's never a reason for violence of any type. Ever. They're vocal.

c) The wife wins. A lot of women will love it, but you'll get a buttload of comments from both the BTB and RAAC crowd. A lot of JustPlainBob will show you how this works out.

d) Cuckolding. Heaven forbid the wife cheats and humiliates her husband, and he goes along with it. Prepare for some serious butt-rash, and you'll be luck if your story scores above a 4.00. That only if it's very well written. In the cheating genre, willing cuckolds are lower than pond scum. Search for any author with 'cuckold' in their name to see how this works. Expect everything from death-threats to extremely personal insults. Of course, you are what you write. Everyone knows that. Just die already, cuck-boy.

* Worth noting - if the wife has extramarital sex, and the guy doesn't, the cuck screamer will come out. There may be no humiliation, even encouragement, doesn't matter. She gets it, he doesn't, expect the comments to be harsh.

e) BBC. If it's a big-black-cock, size thing, and it's in loving wives and not in interracial, it's another doomsday. Leave the scoring off may be the best solution. Turn off comments. Save yourself the grief!

It's worth mentioning that in the 'wife cheating' category, it doesn't have to be sex. Kissing and heavy petting are 'emotional cheating' and if you don't Burn-the-bitch, the BTB crowd will be after you.

There's more to it than that, and some nuances and stories like "When we were married." that can break the mold, and 'loving wives' sub-chapters within larger stories where that's not the main emphasis, but the above probably covers 95% of the LW category. If you've decided to work in the 'cheating' arena, now you know what's coming your way. Don't say I didn't warn you.

I don't think I've ever read a story here that didn't have unprotected sex! Lol

You'll get some vicious comments here from time to time. Most of those will be totally unwarranted. Just ignore them and keep on trucking.

Blasphemy

people leave vicious comments?!? No, it does happen, unfortunately, some people are so offended by those who try that they'd do just about anything short of killing to stop it. I suppose I'd better read some of your work, then. Better to stoke your creativity than to snuff it with harsh and undeserved comments.

Okay, I read a few of your stories, and I left a comment for you on How I Became a Slutwife. I honestly hope it helps some. Keep writing, and remember, you can delete the comments you don't like!

Last edited:
I posted this in Story Feedback to help explain the nuances of that most risky of categories, Loving Wives. I've modified it a little. I hope it helps...
---

Don't say I didn't warn you.

That is one of the best analyses I've ever seen.
Thank you

I have only one post in Loving wives. it got a rather good score and good comments.

http://www.literotica.com/s/southern-comfort-3

In the story the husband accuses his best friend of looking at his wife. The friend leaves the wife shows up they have sex. She leaves before he wakes up. He gets up turns on the tv and the news is about a mass murder at a home in town. His friends house.

And the police are at his door.

Lot of comments asking for more.

Back