The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning everyone. Thank you for the scones, anna. :rose:

I really hope they switch up my schedule soon.

Do please tell me more.
Is this the one about Nikki Lauda and James Hunt in the F1 races, 1976?
Some serious detail, in a PM if necessary, would be most welcome please.
Yes, that's the one! What kind of detail would you like?

Good morning everyone. Thank you for the scones, anna. :rose:

I really hope they switch up my schedule soon.
You're welcome. :)

"Switch up" your schedule? But... you just started!!

Good Evening all.
Glass of something, anyone ?

How about a glass of burbon. Oh wait, it's only noon. Then an iced coffee, please.....with a splash of Kahula.

Anna, technically it's the same job. But instead of being an outside contractor, I'm now hired directly by the company and get their pay and benefits. I'm still on the same late schedule as before. But I have requested to be put on an earlier shift.

How about a glass of burbon. Oh wait, it's only noon. Then an iced coffee, please.....with a splash of Kahula.

Anna, technically it's the same job. But instead of being an outside contractor, I'm now hired directly by the company and get their pay and benefits. I'm still on the same late schedule as before. But I have requested to be put on an earlier shift.

A Kahula-laden iced coffee coming up; Rolf, if you would, please?

John, you mean they don't automatically rotate the shifts ?

Heh, I learned an interesting lesson last night. If I want the car while the fella is on a business trip, it helps to need it the night before he leaves. When I get home, tell him there was a mechanical issue and hope he needs me to take care of it while he's away. :D

Yeah, I'd figured most of that out already. The thing I'm puzzling over is the difference between the later and earlier shifts.

I thought you meant the band... :eek:
That actually could have been a possibility!

Glass of something, anyone ?
Magners Pear Cider for me, please. :)

Horner Springs coming along nicely. I've even managed to include Horatio Horner VII, at least in an off screen role. I'm not so sure about the '32 Packard. It may have to stay in the garage until the weather improves.

Ok, lets see if this bus thing works out for me. Getting up at 4:30 am tomorrow to cover for a co-worker. Should be a good time to try the bus and see if the extra time spent commuting is worth the bonus my employer gives me for taking an alternate mode of transportation in.

Rolf, have coffee and three cans of Red Bull waiting.

Oh, Yes. These really do require some TLC at times.

A very rich guy I used to work for had a 32' Packard cabala convertible coup. I flew to Dallas with him to the auction. He bought the car and I drove it back to east Texas on I20. It had a flat head six with a four speed trans. It also had a lever under the dash to control the stiffness of the suspension and a locking steering column.

I ran it up to between 85 and 90 several times and still had gas pedal to spare. I found out later that it had a multidisk wet clutch. A few years later, it started to have electrical problems and I ended up replacing the wiring harness in the complete car with a new one made by a company in upstate NY.

It was a cream color with dark brown trim and a white top and interior. Beautiful to look at and to drive. He ended up with seven Packards in all. I loved working on them. Everything was simple and straight forward.

Damn! That's Horny's car, in the flesh.

000Packard_TwinSix1.jpg

Howdy, Molly.

Dear God! Why the hell did I decide to go for a run right after coming home from a long day at work with only three hours of sleep!?!? I can't even see straight. Someone please guide me to the bar.

Hi, Molly.

Evening Molly :rose::kiss:

The backseat in that car could hold a standard sized bed. :D

Hi Molly, hi everyone!

A very rich guy I used to work for had a 32' Packard cabala convertible coup. I flew to Dallas with him to the auction. He bought the car and I drove it back to east Texas on I20. It had a flat head six with a four speed trans. It also had a lever under the dash to control the stiffness of the suspension and a locking steering column.

I ran it up to between 85 and 90 several times and still had gas pedal to spare. I found out later that it had a multidisk wet clutch. A few years later, it started to have electrical problems and I ended up replacing the wiring harness in the complete car with a new one made by a company in upstate NY.

It was a cream color with dark brown trim and a white top and interior. Beautiful to look at and to drive. He ended up with seven Packards in all. I loved working on them. Everything was simple and straight forward.
Oh, nice.

Hey, Tx, did I mention that I thought of you as the fella and I drove through Le Mans during our recent trip?

Dear God! Why the hell did I decide to go for a run right after coming home from a long day at work with only three hours of sleep!?!? I can't even see straight. Someone please guide me to the bar.
Because you thought it would be good for you? *kiss*

An addendum to "Midsummer Fest" is up. "Community Service" explains just what did happen on Sylvan that scared the Earth governing class so badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back