Team of Misfits

It…it was just a joke! For serious…I stole these mittens from Stacy’s Department Store a few months ago. Not real magic…I…I’m not magical…well…they mittens aren’t. I guess I’m not either…pretty sure…Uh…”*

"Calm down." Kit said softly. "I didn't want to see if they were magical. I wanted to see how your powers had been held back by the mittens."

Kit crawled close to her. "Can I tell you a secret?" I ask softly "I have no control. Everything you saw was accidental." I say softly. "I wanna see how you managed to control your powers using mittens. Maybe if I can understand what controls others powers, then maybe I can find a way to control my own." I say watching her curiously, to gauge her reaction to my secret.

" “Did they say…Moose…?”*

I scanned the inside of the building. "They are drunk off their butts..." I groan. "I wouldn't go in there for a while. The amount of gasses flowing everything they burp are likely to explode merely from a static electric shock.

Leftenant Jenkins and Doctor in Training Ruby Smit

Jenkins knew he should have headed back to the base as soon as he grabbed supplies. He really should have. But Ruby’s place was just a block away. He couldn’t resist the temptation to visit his niece and see how she was settling in. This, of course, lead from one thing to the next, and now he had just cooked linguine pasta with a broccoli rabe–walnut pesto sauce.

“I didn’t know you could cook Uncle Lawrence.” Ruby stated, her eyes drifting to the food.

“Of course I can cook. You know once I spent three months undercover as a chef in a fancy Italian restaurant…” Jenkins proceeded to regale her with a tale of one of his undercover operations to catch some terrorist or something. His memory was a bit shaky in that regards. Ruby was laughing at the appropriate bits, especially the more embarrassing bits of having to shop at Walmart, behind an older lady who had… weight issues. All of her coupons had expired as well. It took his commanding officer to prevent Jenkins from trying to strangle her.

“Who is this commanding officer of yours?” Ruby questioned as Jenkins hit the end of his story. “You mention him all the time, but you never give a name. It’s almost as if-” Jenkins cut her off at this point. She didn’t need the truth about his commanding officer. Not yet.

“He died. I don’t like talking about it.” Jenkins muttered. Trying to change the topic, he took out a bottle of wine, Merlot three years old. A pretty good year if he remembered correctly.

“Don’t tell your mother.” He muttered as he opened the bottle of wine for the two of them. Needless to say she would be consuming most of it, seeing as how he did intend on driving back to the house the team called base. He was sure that it would be a disaster zone by the time he returned. However, his mind returned to the present when he passed Ruby her glass of wine. “Iechyd da!” They exclaimed as the two of them clinked their glasses together. Dinner passed with pleasant small talk about Ruby’s education. Apparently Ruby was whizzing by her classes, and had already written her thesis on genetic mutations and their effect on the lifespan of most ‘mutants’. Jenkins was glad that he had once again avoided the topic of his commanding officer, and pleasantly buzzed on the alcohol. Despite the hardships he would have to face with this new team, life was actually pretty good right now. If only he understood these Zombie Cyborg things, than it would be perfect.

“Uncle Jenkins, you going back to your team tonight?” Jenkins was stirred from his rest by the question Ruby asked.

“Yes, unfortunately I am.” He said, honestly feeling bad for having to leave Ruby all by her lonesome self. Still, his defenses were up, knowing what would come next.

“Can I come with you?” She asked, the hope in her voice almost breaking Jenkins will.

“No. Not tonight. The team isn’t ready for civilians, hell they haven’t even had medical check-ups. The house is a mess-” This time Jenkins was cut off by Ruby, who wore a sly grin. He knew at that point he was screwed. She only smiled like that when she knew she had a winning hand.

“How about I come along and give them medical check-ups myself.” She raised her hand to prevent Jenkins from saying the only logical excuse from that. “As long as they recognize that I don’t have a medical license, then I can still perform the check-ups. However I wouldn’t be able to write prescriptions or anything. Also it would help me with my thesis.” Ruby’s grin turned to a full blown smile. She had him.

“Fine. Get your stuff together, and get in the car. Oh and by no means are you to tell them how we know each other. Understood?” Jenkins commanded to which Ruby gave a mock salute. Closing his eyes to a count of five, Jenkins opened them. Within five minutes they were driving away from her apartment, towards the house. A feeling of dread only washed over Jenkins with each second that Ruby became more and more excited.

(TIME SKIP!)

Reaching the house, Jenkins now wished he had a better defense against his niece. For the first time he noticed she was wearing a lab coat, with seemingly only her underwear underneath (he prayed). How the hell she got that on while he was driving he had no idea. Her tail was definitely wagging, which made him wonder (once again) if she was part dog. And lastly it was clear that the team was having a party. With the exception of Roni who was sitting outside.

Ruby scampered out of the car, and Jenkins rolled his eyes at the enthusiasm and energy his niece provided. “You stay outside. I’m going inside to make sure they aren’t dying out here.” Leaning in close to whisper “Keep the other girl company. Roni is the name, and she obviously suffers from some sort of isolation disorder. She pushes everyone else away, as far as I can tell. Interact with her while I get the house ready.” Jenkins only cursed mentally when he remembered that he would have to get two rooms ready now. One for medical examinations, the other for Sparks to satisfy her aerithon addiction. He really hoped he wasn’t enabling an addict. He entered the house and walked down to the basement.

RUBY

Ruby scampered over to the lonely girl, and her… was that a dog? No it had a more fox like shape. Interesting. Ruby stopped in her tracks. More interesting was that Uncle Lawrence clearly could not see it, or rather purposefully ignored it. She would have to find out later. She proceeded to walk with more purpose over to Roni. Her tail swished to and fro behind her. Her ears perked up, trying to distinguish each and every sound. Hopefully the dog wouldn’t chase her, seeing as how she was a squirrel-human hybrid. “Hello there. I’m Doctor-in-training Ruby Smit. I’ll be doing the teams medical evaluations tomorrow morning, and thought I would introduce myself to the team. And you are?” Ruby extended her hand towards Roni warily, only knowing what Uncle Lawrence had said. She pushed people away. This would be the interesting first case for her on her obviously long medical career. The tales of Ruby and the Mutants! She chuckled internally. That would be the title of her story.

Roni

The fox’s explanation of just why it wanted to see her mittens did settle any of Roni’s ever present doubts. It actually only made them worse, her response was an incredulous laugh, still nervous and defensive as she offered a shake of her head.

“It’s…it’s not the gloves…they don’t have super powers…it doesn’t control my…what I can do…it just…” Roni started and faltered, her bottom lip nibbled upon as she proceeded to give the idea real thought. It only took a few moments for her to finally process it all.

“It’s a reminder, mostly. I can feel it against my fingers,” She wiggled them for emphasis, not that it mattered since her arms were still crossed over her chest. “Just the touch makes me feel…more comfortable. If I get upset it’s not so easy to keep things in check…”

Roni offered a smile, the sheepish, almost awkward one she knew how to give as she raised a hand and tapped the tip of the mitten against her temple. “It’s all in the mind…mostly…” She took a breath, as if she were going to go on, yet another’s approach took the young girl off guard and…well…it started all over again.

The rapid approach did more to make Roni take a few steps back, she subconsciously started to put Kit in between herself and this…woman? Yes her gender was obviously female, she filled out a lab coat nicely and still had some to spare. There was also a pair of ears and a big bushy tail, the fact it was squirrel eluded the girl in the darkness. Without missing a beat the woman introduced herself, a one Doctor Ruby Smit. The name meant nothing except for the title, Roni never did like hospitals and Doctors. The influx of introductions, titles, surprise evaluations, handshakes and questions caused Roni to cease up. She looked like a frighten little doe for the few moments, more apt to run towards the house than actually say her name.

Eventually though, after a significant awkward pause Roni simply nodded and spoke up. “I’m Veronica…people call me Roni…so…you can call me Roni. If you want…or Veronica…I….this is Steal Fox.” Roni was swift to deflect to the metallic fox. “It can make the stars show through the clouds…or your face…depending on what he is looking at. We were talking about my mittens…well…Not really…it…it’s a long story…”

Kit nodded, having a small meal on her over abundant nervousness.

“It’s…it’s not the gloves…they don’t have super powers…it doesn’t control my…what I can do…it just…” Roni started.

“It’s a reminder, mostly. I can feel it against my fingers. Just the touch makes me feel…more comfortable. If I get upset it’s not so easy to keep things in check…”

Kit nodded slowly as he thought through what she said. Unfortunately it was right at this moment that his systems acted up and the projector flared to life, sending her massive image back into the sky and reducing him to barking as he tried to tell her about his interest in learning more.

“Hello there. I’m Doctor-in-training Ruby Smit. I’ll be doing the teams medical evaluations tomorrow morning, and thought I would introduce myself to the team. And you are?”

Kit yipped his greeting as her image now filled the sky. He took a deep breath and smiled, quelling the urge to chase her that arose almost immediately. He was unfortunate in the fact that he couldn't talk, but Roni took care of that.

“I’m Veronica…people call me Roni…so…you can call me Roni. If you want…or Veronica…I….this is Steal Fox.” Roni was swift to deflect attention to Kit. “It can make the stars show through the clouds…or your face…depending on what he is looking at. We were talking about my mittens…well…Not really…it…it’s a long story…”

Well...at least the squirrel knew his name...

Sparks

The blonde was besides herself. As she had been returning from the Organization HQ, the best case scenario was that she'd spend the evening alone, unharassed by her team mates. It wasn't that she disliked any of them, but... She was tired. It had been a long - and mostly shitty - day, and when it had seemed she'd get a reprieve in the form of a drink she found more shit rolling on top of her. By the time she returned to the house she was most assuredly done.

And yet here she was: enjoying the company of her team mates. Fuck - Ron hooked her up with a drink and was rubbing her shoulders. Kayne seemed to be enjoying herself...and Sparks couldn't help but shamefully translate the raven haired woman's elevated mood as a good opportunity for herself.

Wait - what was she thinking? She was supposed to be team leader, not some lecherous creep. Even if she hinted to be one towards Kayne, because she was...she couldn't actually act on it. But as Sparks tried to convince herself of this, the woman snatched away her empty glass and stood to sashay to the barrel of the good stuff. The blonde's eyes couldn't help but adhere themselves to the jean clad rear, her gaze trailing dreamily along with those softly swaying hips... And then Kayne bent over the barrel, supplying Sparks with more than she needed to quickly change her mind on the issue of being lecherous. And as a cherry on top, the pale beauty continued to enchantingly wriggle her ass as she waited for the cups to fill.

Perfectly timed, Ron's strong hands worked over the knot. "Oh god yes, just like that..." She groaned with pleasure and let her head fall back, her eyes closing for a moment. Sparks was well on her way to melting. It wasn't until she felt the shifting of the couch cushion next to her that she opened her eyes and looked back in Kayne's direction. A refilled glass was placed on the blonde's knee - she took it in hand.

Kayne was close. Very close. It seemed it would be natural response to try to lengthen the distance between them, but - not only did Sparks' position against the arm rest make it an awkward move - she found that she didn't mind. The last time she had willingly sat close enough to someone as to feel the touch of their leg against hers, or could be comfortable with someone's face lingering within feet of her own... Well, that would've been in the before time. She didn't even want to acknowledge how long it had been since she was intimate with someone.

“So…you’re a cyborg, right?” As Kayne took a drink, Sparks simply nodded her affirmation. A question was asked in regards to upgrades, and for a moment the blonde was uncertain how to answer. There were a lot of different types of --

Oh, Kayne was staring at her chest. She lifted a pointed finger, as if there could be any further doubt, and then...she poked Sparks. Right in the tit. “Cuz these warlocks can’t be real.”

The shock didn't even register; Sparks gave a hearty laugh. "Oh no, these are totally real." She looked down at herself. "But I think they're only so large because I used to be quite overweight. As I wasted away none of it came from my chest." She left out the part about the professor starving her and the eternal loss of appetite that followed. It was most certainly a series of psychological issues she didn't want to discuss. Her gaze returned to Kayne, studying the intricate beauty of her eyes for several long moments. "...And they suck, for the record," she added. Her sight drifted downwards. "I mean, yours...Gods! I bet they're so wonderously firm and perky..."

She licked her lips.

"...And mine will be at my god damned knees before I know it!" She gave a reassuring grin before taking a deep draft of her drink.

Ron started to feel like a bit of a third wheel here. Obviously the two women were putting the moves on each other and he was in the way but he had almost got the silly knot out of her neck and if he stopped now it was just going to reform. As he pressed harder to worked out the last of the kink he finally found the source. It was a solid little nodule, probably one of Sparks little enhancements at the base of her neck that had caused the muscles to bunch up and stretch this way. The problem was it would be a recurring problem because of it. She was going to need constant therapy. He could mention it now but maybe this was not the right time. Let her enjoy herself for awhile, it looked like she hadn't by the way she was practically drooling over Kayne. He would bring it up with her later.

"Perhaps I should leave you two to get ah 'Better acquainted'." Switching to his Russian accent "Goodnight fearless leader, Goodnight Boris I go to Hunt Squirrel and Moose now." Laughing he left them and made his way outside. Walking out the door he noticed the metallic fox and the quiet girl...Ah Roni was her name talking to someone in a white Lab coat. Well looked like the techies had finally shown up. Looking closer he did a double take and then started to laugh uproariously out load. A squirrels tail was poking out of the back of the coat. He had indeed found Squirrel.

Kayne

Bruised eyes watched as the recognition of Kayne’s statement slowly settled in. She couldn’t help the smug smirk that lingered on her lips as it did, though Kayne was expecting more of a negative reaction. After all, people loved to tease and flirt, but that didn’t mean any of it was real. If she had seen Sparks look when she was at the barrel, well, that would have settled the deal. But Kayne was far from omnipotent, more often than not she couldn’t see the larger picture in things. But now, well, she was starting to actually see it.

The confirmation that they were in fact real (and Kayne have a feeling spectacular)sent a confused jumble of emotions down her spine. On one hand she felt the familiar jealously that had lifted its ugly head on their first initial encounter. Yet now, on the other hand, Kayne felt the undeniable pull of attraction. Sexuality had always been a confusing subject for Kayne. It didn’t matter what gender, race, creed or ideology a person was, it all came down to physical attraction. Just what she was attracted to and when, that was a whole other can of beans. Kayne, by all rights, shouldn’t have been attracted to Sparks, she was too perfect. An impressive height, a killer body, long silky hair and eyes that could at times light up the room. Kayne lost herself in trying to pin it down, completely missing most of Sparks comment about just why and how she had such impressive assets. It really meant nothing to Kayne, weight, food, these things worked a little differently for the pale mutant (but that was a conversation for another time).

What did bring her back to reality was the comment of how such lush globes could suck. Kayne blinked, her brows furrowed and she gave a questioning look. Her head tilted to the right as well, the way a canine might when you talk to them. A thick strand of raven fell from its binding and arched across her cheek, her whole mane was more or less a mess at this point, Kayne hadn’t tried to take it down and smooth it out since she arrived.
With Sparks’ comment on Kayne’s own physique, she did a double take at herself before a ludicrous laugh erupted unbidden. The leather jacket she wore and jeans did much to shield the sleek, svelte frame of hers, which let out a subtle groan as Kayne shifted on the couch to lean back.

“You’ve got to be shittin’ me,” She said dubiously. The glass was drawn to her lips again and Kayne finished it like a pro. Ron had worked out the knots in Sparks neck and excused himself. It was a momentary distraction that caused Kayne to turn her head and shout out at his depature.

“You better run bitch!” She yelled at his back before she turned her attention back onto Sparks. She couldn’t believe what she was hearing, this busty blonde was all but praising Kayne’s chest and she hadn’t even got a good look at it. Kayne let out another disbelieving huff of laughter before she leaned forward. The glass was deposited on the floor, one hand came to rest upon Sparks’ knee, and dangerously close Kayne now as she leaned in. This close the delicate tracery of scars could be easily seen upon her youthful face, one intersecting her lips on the right, another that went across her cheek and brow, disappearing into her hairline.

“I call boolshit. But we can’t really be sure, can we? I mean…we’re at a distinct disadvantage. So how bout we do a little this for that, hm?” Kayne’s voice was at the same time sensual and dangerous, as was the look in her bruised depths.

“You show me yours and I will show you mine. Then we can decide. Hm?” She tilted her head, which was now a few inches from Sparks, close enough to feel her surprisingly cool breath against her lips.

Last edited by a moderator:
Super Squirrel Ruby

Ruby
Ruby could feel the tension rise. Obviously she had done something wrong. Frowning a bit she dropped her hand before sitting down next to Roni, all the while keeping a respectful distance from Roni. She then turned to Kit. "Hello Steal Fox. Is that Steal with two e's or is it with a an e and an a?" She asked, curious about him. Before an answer could be provided, she turned back to Roni. "Is there an interesting story about your mittens?" Ruby couldn't hide her natural curiosity, but she quickly backtracked. "That is if you want to tell me! You don't have tell me anything really!" Her hands and arms flailed comically as she tried harder and harder not to make this situation any more strange. Of course at this point there was loud laughter behind her. Taking this as a sign that she was making an utter fool of herself, she did what she felt like the best decision was. She began crying, jumped up and ran towards her uncle's car, quickly jumping in and wrapping herself into a ball, her tail curling around her body.

What had she done wrong? She had tried to be friendly. Obviously her nightmares were true. What they had told her in high school, that she's just a freak. That was why she wanted to meet others with mutated genes. They would understand right? But no. Even here she was an outcast. And why wouldn't she be? She knew no one. She even introduced herself as a doctor. She forgot that many people with genetic mutations hated doctors. She had always found the field fascinating. But many doctors involved with genetic mutations were cruel, trying to extrapolate what was different about them.

The tears flowed freely now. She was a disgrace. They called her a genius, but she really wasn't. A genius remembers things like that. She tried to be bright and cheerful all the time to mask her insecurities. But right here right now? They all reared their ugly heads at her.

She should have stayed home. At least there she had the illusion that she might fit in. But faced with the bitter reality of the situation, she could only watch as her whole body and mind decomposed right in front of her.

Ron watched as the girl (that became quite obvious when she turned around) bolted for a car that was parked on the road with her hands over her eyes. Oh great his laughter must have been mistaken for something wrong. Damn he was always putting his foot in his mouth in these situations. This was part of the reason his parents had urged him to find people his own age to hang around with. Well he better fix this up before he scared someone for life.

Walking over to the car he tapped on the window. He could see the small squirrel girl laying down inside and he knew he had really screwed up big time.
"Uh hello. My names Ron. Uh look it was me you heard laughing before but you have to believe me I wasn't laughing at you. This is going to be kinda hard to explain and you may not believe me but here goes. You see Me and a couple of friends have been drinking you know and well we have been cracking jokes and one thing led to another and we started talking about Fearless leader from the Rocky and Bullwinkle show. You know doing the Accent and everything. Well just before I stepped outside I said I was going to go "Hunt for Moose and Squirrel" and then I step outside and there you were.It was just too much of a coincidence that I just laughed. So you see it wasn't at you it was at the situation."

Ron had been looking at his feet the whole time he had been giving his speech. He knew it sounded pretty lame but well sometimes the truth did. He just hoped it had cheered the kid up some. He looked up into the window to see if it had.

Kit closed his eyes and focussed hard. He had to speak. He began to run after her, focussing on his voice box. He felt a sudden sadness, complete and uncontrollable. He knew from Roni's past that he could find her hiding in a corner or something if he wanted to find her. He couldn't say what the squirrel would do.

...well that and she ran. Kit felt it was a game. Even though he tried to make it about her a part of him was acting on instinct, based solely on her running.

She got in her car and curled into a ball, closing the door right as Kit leapt to hop in beside her. He slammed into the door with the force of a rock shot out of a potato cannon. The car swayed back and forth a bit and Kit slid down to the ground, a perfect imprint of his face on the side of the care. He laid on the ground, conscious, but unable to get his body to work properly, causing a series of spasm-like twitches that looked like convulsions.

Sparks raised her brows as Kayne yelled after Ron. So aggressive! But as the other woman's eyes returned to her, the blonde's expression settled with a giggle and a slight shake of her head.

Kayne's reaction to her compliment hadn't been at all what Sparks had expected. She gave a joyless laugh as she leaned forward. The woman had drained her glass after she voiced her first doubt - before yelling at Ron as he excused himself - and now she set the empty container on the floor. One of Kayne's hands found purchase on Sparks' knee and she leaned in close.

Sparks looked a little confused but didn't show a trace of fear or discomfort. She also avoided looking at the scars of Kayne's face directly - though she found them striking. They were faint and not at all noticeable at a distance, largely in part to the woman's porcelain skin tone. She refused to focus on them only on the merit that it might upset Kayne.

As the other woman spoke a surprised expression replaced the confused one. When Kayne was finished speaking, Sparks held up a hand with one finger extended upwards. It wasn't a rude gesture, rather symbolizing 'hold on a moment'. The closeness of their faces forced the blonde to look to the side to place her glass at her lips. A little less gracefully than the first time, Sparks finished her drink. She leaned down to deposit the glass next to Kayne's.

She had thought to remark that the last time she heard that particular phrase was on a playground... But she breezed past it.

"Sounds fair."

It would be better to go into a room, for sure. But for some reason Sparks didn't want to give Kayne a reason to call her a coward. And so, without hesitation, the woman grabbed for the bottom hem of her blouse and pulled it upwards. There was no show involved - she simply carried the material over her breasts, then over her face, soon drawing the garment away from her body. Underneath she wore a simple white bra, low cut.

"But only if you reach around to unhook this for me. My shoulder, you know." She smiled boldly.

He looked up as the trapdoor opened, he wanted to tell the person to leave, but the head that popped up provided him with a target area, name, portrait and then more target areas along with the smell of pizza, he arched a brow as she made her way to sit down opposite him, settling the box down in reach. Then...the question, he slid the oiled action into position and after securing the rifle and making sure it's safe, he slid the loaded magazine home,

"I grew up in a small room with only a small window high up. The dark became my friend, preventing people from seeing my face."

He picked up the rifle and rested it against the wall, right next to the air vent which provided the only, very dim, light. He reached out, his eyes showing him the pizza as clear as it would have been in daylight, the ingredients popping up, picking up a slice he studied it, then took a bite. Looking at Portal he had to try and ignore the target areas, possible weaknesses and see the person he had helped up from the ground,

"My name is Bow. This is good pizza."

Roni

Roni was left with her mouth hanging open. The events played out and she had no chance of reacting; one minute the squirrel girl was all smiles and introducing herself. Then someone laughed, the big burly guy that Roni couldn’t recall his name at the moment, which sent the woman into a fit of tears and rushing off into the dark. It was almost comical, Roni felt a tingle of a giggle come up from her throat from the sheer absurdity of the moment.

“What the actual…fuck?” Roni finally spit out, her gaze drifting towards the metallic fox, who like a silver bullet shot out from his place nearby. There was a resounding crash of metal on metal. Roni cringed and half expected shrapnel to come flying in her direction. Yet after a few minutes there was nothing but the soft hum of voices in the distance. It was all too much for her. She could deal with the talking metal fox with its weird, uncontrollable powers, but the chick with the bushy tail was too much. Roni wasn’t the type to go consoling someone, especially someone she didn’t know. Instead she did the best thing she could think of, she disappeared back into the house.

Of course it didn’t take long for her to realize that this wasn’t any better. Her sneakered feet led her back into the kitchen and towards the living room, where she saw the scary lady and Sparks on the couch, more or less in a position of intimacy that made Roni’s cheeks burn. She covered her mouth and ducked back around the corner into the kitchen, scurrying back towards the rear of the kitchen. She took a left and darted into the hallway. The night was just getting worse…

Kayne

Kayne quirked a brow as Sparks held up a single finger, a clear indication for one to wait. It was obvious the next moment as she turned and proceeded to drain the glass what her intention had been. Kayne wasn’t exactly sure how alcohol would affect a cyborg, the word had little meaning to her anyway. Sparks looked like a real person to her, not some crazy woman-machine. She lingered on the thought only briefly as Sparks drank, all too soon their eyes were upon one another and the glasses all but forgotten. With that draught of liquid courage, the moment was pushed just a bit further. Kayne expected something different, a tease or a few more words. Everyone loved to talk, they could go on and on and on. Actions spoke far louder than any words could and Sparks upped the ante as she promptly leaned up and whipped off her blouse. It wasn’t a quick flash, the whole thing came off and Kayne was face to face with a low cut white bra, the only thing containing those ample swells.

Her expression went from surprise to eagerness in the blink of an eye, a slow but knowing smirk drifted out over her thin lips as Sparks revealed her torso almost fully. Her skin was perfect, at least to Kayne’s gaze. There was a flush of life that her own skin lacked, the healthy glow that drew Kayne in without her really knowing.

“Mmmm. We wouldn’t want you to strain your shoulder, at least not yet.” Kayne rumbled a response, a throaty purr as she moved with a grace she held in reserve. The groan of leather and rustle of jeans preceded her as she slid over Sparks and came to straddle her lap. She had yet to even start to shrug her leather jacket off; her hands came to rest upon Sparks’ shoulders briefly. Her touch was a strange combination of softness and callousness, strong and sure in their approach. With a surprising careful approach Kayne brushed that dusky blonde mane to the side before her arms swept around Sparks’s frame and trailed her fingers over the strap of the bra. Kayne wore that all too smug smirk as her fingers worked the delicate hooks, her movements slow and sure as she expertly brought them apart.

Leftenant Jenkins and Super Sad Squirrel Ruby

Leftenant Jenkins

The Leftenant slowly creeped down the stairs. Roni had just run past him, so he felt this might be the perfect time to intercede whatever was happening downstairs. Peering into the basement he got his answer. Fortunately he had seen enough sex amongst troops that this didn't embarrass him, merely amused him.

"Try not to destroy anything. This does contain all of the structural support for the house." Jenkins snarked as he walked back up the stairs. He paused for a moment. "Oh, and Kayne, just because your about to screw the team leader doesn't mean you get out of your punishment. I'll let you have an extra thirty minutes in bed though. I'm sure you'll be sore in the morning. Since with your personality this is probably the first time in a while you'll get some without paying." Jenkins pulled the drop the mic moment by slamming the door shut as he left. Next was to find Roni. He had a bad feeling about Ruby.

He found her in the hallway, obviously indecisive about where to go. He had a feeling something like this might happen. "Roni? Look I'm sorry about Ruby. She isn't used to social interaction." He said, making sure to keep his tone soothing and his distance just far enough to respect her need for personal space, but close enough that Roni could hear his quiet words. "She's never had friends. She can take things the wrong way. I was kinda of hoping..." Jenkins took a long breath, trying to phrase his next words as best as possible. "That the two of you could be friends. I've known her since birth, and I've seen the sad look in her eyes, that she might hurt someone because she's different. I saw it in your eyes too earlier. You're both lonely, and a tad bit fragile. Ruby masks her pain by being bubbly, but it's still a mask." Jenkins again paused, this time to catch his breath. "Look, if you want to be alone now, my room is the one with a window looking at the stars. I like to look at them when I want to be alone. I'll go talk to Ruby. Knowing her, she's hiding in my car, mad about screwing things up." With his little speech out of the way, he left Roni to her own devices, walking outside..... To the very strange scene ahead of him.

Super Sad Squirrel Ruby Smit

Ron's words, in an attempt to make things better, only intensified her crying. She had misinterpreted things again. She was an utter screw-up. Why she ever thought this would make things different, she had no idea. Then the car shuddered.

The sudden rocking of the car tipped her over the metaphorical edge, past the one she had already metaphorically passed over a while back. She began to scream. "Everyone go away! I don't need anyone here! Leave me alone!" Her fur bristled and her teeth showed, sharp and ready to bite. Right now she was dangerous, a threat to herself and others. Her tail whipped back and forth, ready to use it as a whip if need be.

Last edited:
Ron looked through the window and noticed that she had been paying no attention to him whatsoever. What the fuck. He had just come out here and tried to make it up to the little thing and here she was still sulking in the car not paying any attention to anything besides herself. For fucks sake she probably hadn't even heard silver fox head butt the bloody car either. Looking down he saw the poor thing was still lying there dazed and the whole situation just got to him. He had been having fun inside and he really didn't mind excusing himself but he really hated his healing factor sometimes. It would be really nice to be even a little drunk at the moment. Ah screw it.

Punching in the glass he grabbed a hold of the door frame and ripped it off its hinges. Tossing it casually aside he looked in at the terrified squirrel girl and reached in and casually picked her up, his injuries already healing. "Right you no more playing the injured party here. I don't know who you are and quite frankly at the moment I don't care. I am going to call you Rocky and if you were listening to anything I said before you will know why. If you didn't well bad luck, try and catch up as we go along. Now you are in Jenkin's car so I guess you know him so you know what we are. Looking at you that's not a hard leap is it. Thing is if your going to go all to tears over a little bit of laughter you are going to be useless to us princess. I am assuming you are some sort of doctor or scientist by your attire and won't be fighting and I think that is wise by your reactions. Thing is those of us that do have whats called 'Gallows Humor'. We tend to laugh a lot at inappropriate things, so you better toughen up, especially if you are here to examine this bunch," he jerks his thumb behind him at the house. "Now I take it you were talking to Roni. Well word of warning. She don't like to be touched or touch things. Don't know why exactly, think it has something to do with her powers, oh and the kids a babbler. She has probably gone and hidden herself in some dark corner by now so get in there and fix the mess you created."

Ron turned Rocky around, pointed her at the door and swatted her ass sending her towards it. Leaning back against the car he watched to make sure she continued on into the house.

Leftenant Jenkins and very confused Ruby

Ruby

Ruby was confused she had been angry, then the laughing guy, Ron she thought, lifted her out of the car and told her to fix the mess she created. She opened her mouth to argue that actually he had a hand in creating it also. After all, she didn't force Roni to hide. He was actually more responsible if one thought about it. He was the one whose actions lead directly to these events.

Then his hand landed on her ass. This just made her smile, in the creepy sweet doctor way. "I wouldn't recommend ever doing that again," Ruby said, smiling sweetly. "Healing powers or not, oh and don't act like you don't have them, I saw them in action when you totaled the car, I will make sure that the head you think with most will be permanently detached from your body. With the application of certain chemicals, no matter what powers you have it will never regrow." Her face had the same creepy sweet smile on it the whole time. "Now excuse me, but I believe Leftenant Jenkins would like a word with you." Ruby stormed inside.

Leftenant Jenkins

Jenkins only saw red. Watching Ruby whisper whatever threat she had into Ron's ear didn't make anything better. He marched up over to Ron.

Still, his mind wasn't so angry as to cloud his better judgement. "It seems like you volunteer for the cleaning bathroom assignment. That woman you just met? She's your fucking doctor. And you slapped her ass. I thought that you would have respect for a woman's body. But no, you're just the typical dumb ass jock aren't you?" Though his hands clinched, they never left his side.

"Look, I don't know what Doctor Smit told you, but knowing her it was a threat. Now whatever she threatened you with, imagine triple that from me if I ever catch you touching a woman inappropriately without their permission again or did you forget why we joined her." His eyes kept level with Ron's eyes the whole time, promising new levels of pain. "You may think your hot shit, but I've taken down Gods compared to you. I may be only a mortal, but remember, nothing in this universe can't physically die. I hope you get your shit together before you learn that the hard way."

Jenkins stormed off the way he stormed on to the stage, with fury. He was going to need to blow off some steam. Maybe Sparks and Kayne would appreciate company. On second thought, Kayne. So that left seeing how Ruby was doing, as he entered the house.

Last edited:
Ron watched as Jenkins stormed back into the house. As soon as he was gone he started to laugh quietly to himself. Oh god it was hard to take that guy seriously when he was trying to threaten him. If he only knew how many times he had been in his gun sights the old guy would probably shit himself. For fucks sake he was only here because he was normal, and not worth putting money on when people had hired him for a job. He had personally taken down seven people while the guy was in close proximity to them and he hadn't even known how it had been done. Oh sure he had known the nature of the hit like gunshot, explosive Etc, just not the where, when or how it had been done. The guy was nowhere near as good as he thought he was and Ron would have loved to have shoved it in his face. Instead he sighed and looked up at the sky.

Was this really what his parents wanted him to experience. A jumped up old never was who thought he knew more than him. A group of Misfits that he would never have picked to go into any battle situation with, even though a couple appeared to be okay. Well he would stick with it but if this group looked like it was going to get him killed he would seriously have to rethink things. Climbing roughly on top of the car leaving dents in the bonnet he lay down on the roof and gazed up at the sky.

Last edited:
Sparks

Kayne's response made Sparks grin widely. She couldn't tell if the liquor had already hit her or if she was dizzy on the proximity of the raven haired beauty - it didn't matter, in any case. For the first time in forever the woman felt her guard drop...and it felt impossible to pick it up again.

She was damned lonely, after all. So lonely, in fact, that she failed to consider, even for a second, that she might hurt Kayne. Sparks needed this and it had been far too long since she had gotten what she wanted.

Besides...she had warned the other woman that she'd take advantage of her, right?

Right.

And so when Kayne gracefully straddled her lap and placed confident hands on her shoulders, giving Sparks a good moment to appreciate her sinister wiles before reaching to delicately brush aside a strand of the blonde's hair... There was no stopping it. Sparks felt a breath catch in her throat as the woman's fingers traced down the strap of her bra and reached to deftly unclasp the hooks at her back. The closeness of their faces inspired her to wrap her arms around the enchantress, trailing one hand over her shoulder and the other her hair, drawing her forward to have their lips meet. She kissed her for a long moment, the contact soft and exploring. A moan escaped Sparks' throat as her hands started to eagerly push at Kayne's leather jacket, her fingers curling around the nape and carrying the material backwards. She slid the garment free and let it drop onto the couch. At some point she felt her bra sliding away from her body, the straps dragging along her arms - and then it was gone.

Sparks hadn't heard the footfalls down the stairs - Jenkins must have crept like a sneaky bastard. As he spoke Sparks' attention snapped to him with a start. Her eyes went wide, apparently not prepared to have her bare chest glimpsed by anyone other than Kayne, and as a reflex she grabbed the other woman and mashed her tightly against her chest for coverage. Her head eyes remained on Jenkins as he spoke, her expression eventually fading to disbelief (to his nonchalance, of course). He started up the stairs, continuing to talk, directing it at Kayne. He slammed the door at the top of the stairs before either of the girls had time to respond.

"HEY - BE A BUDDY AND LOCK THAT! THANKS, BRO!"

Sparks smiled at Kayne.

(For more you'll have to go to the side thread!)

Last edited:
Roni

The last thing she wanted to see was the stern face of Jenkins, but as she walked briskly back up the hallway that was exactly what she saw. It was like everyone was stalking her to some degree, at least almost everyone. At least four of the group had disappeared completely, Roni unfortunately found two of them making out on the couch like a couple of horny teenagers. How in the world someone could think of sex at a time like this was beyond Roni's comprehension. Not to mention...well...both were female (Roni was pretty sure Kayne was anyway), she wasn't entirely sure how that would work anyway. She didn't linger on it, Jenkins' sudden appearance made her cease up and prepare for some kind of verbal attack. That was how they did it in the military, at least from what movies Roni had seen. But he proceeded to simply walk past her, just for a moment Roni almost decided to call out and let him know what was on the other side of that door. But honestly she had no idea how to phrase it, Sparks was sucking face with the scariest thing on two legs, even the guy with the mask had a more agreeable personality. Hell, even the whacked out squirrel and tweaked out metal fox seemed better company. Obviously...something wasn't right with their Leader. Then again...was there anything right with anyone here?

Roni stopped in the hallway as she tried to decide just where to go. It was late, or at least it felt like it was, maybe she could find an empty bed and just pass out till the morning. Not that sleep would come easy with the way her mind was racing, but they made pills for that. Unconsciously she curled her arms about her slender frame, her mittens curling into the heavy fabric of her hoodie. It was a bad decision, she knew it even before she heard the footsteps that she should have just scurried off somewhere else. But it was too late, Jenkins was upon her, the made with the serious face and threats of punishments and workouts. If she had to pick a leader of the group, it was Jenkins. Maybe not the face man, Sparks did a good job of that so far, when she wasn't...well...sucking face. Why the image kept coming back into her mind was beyond her, especially when Jenkins was directing his voice at her. It was...well...odd. To be addressed by him. And it went straight to Ruby, she might have gotten a little accustomed to Jenkins, with his soft approach and the way he didn't crowd her. But the mention of Ruby...that crazed squirrel girl...well, that put her a little on the defensive.

“It was Ron...I think...the burly guy...uh, Sir? Sorry, Sir. I should refer to you as Sir, right? Sir. Sorry..er...Sir. He came out laughing...I don't think it was at her. But I dunno...there was this fox thing...Steel Fox? I don't know if it's with two E's or one A. I forgot to ask, er...Sir.” Roni blurted it out in one breath. Her cheeks were a little flushed, though that could be from the lesbian action her poor eyes witnessed earlier. It didn't matter much, Jenkins obviously had something to say. It came out...well...odd. That seemed to be the recurring theme here. Roni was scared of her own shadow, sure, but she wasn't dumb either. He seemed all too close to this Ruby. As far as she had seen he didn't seem to care much about anyone in the house. He almost appeared to enjoy pushing Kayne's buttons, that eerie smile he wore flashed in her mind's eye taking over the image of Sparks with Kayne in her lap.

She honestly wasn't sure which was better.

Then he did something even more unexpected. She had seen the room he talked about, the fact that he was offering it to her sent a look of shock across her young face. That was what she left him with, Jenkins obviously had other things to do and he left her in the dark hallway with her thoughts and the occasional lewd sound coming from down the hall.

****Let's do the time warp aaaagain****

Roni collected her bags and found the room Jenkins had indicated. The door slowly creaked open with a push of a mitten and Roni stood at the threshold for a few minutes, just to making sure no squirrel, foxes, or lesbians jumped out at her. Once she was certain the room was empty she scurried in, despoiting her bags to the right with a heavy thump. She closed the door behind her but forgot to lock it, not exactly the easily thing to do with mittens on, mind you – she'd go back to it once she was done. It was an odd feeling, being completely alone now after all the fuss other people created. It was only then that Roni felt secure enough to remove her mittens, which she did, one at a time before setting them on the nightstand. Her fingers were long and slender with a delicate taper that ended and unimpressive nails. They were the rough kind, rough and odd angled from the occasional bad habit of biting on them. Yet for all her fret, they were completely normal, there was no hint of the power that flowed through them. Roni tired not to think about it, just like she tried not to think about Jenkins and Ruby, or Sparks and Kayne, or Steal Fox and Ron, even Bow and Portal. At this moment they were her favorite, only because she hadn't actually said a single word to either.

Causally she strolled about the room, taking it all in before she came to stand before the window. It would have offered a splendid view, just as Jenkins had said if there weren't so many clouds. At least she saw them for a few seconds earlier, that would have to be enough for tonight. Roni lost herself as she looked out the window, for how long she wasn't certain, it could have been minutes or hours. Slowly she snapped out of her self-imposed daze and turned from the window. There was a rustle of material and a swish of a zipper as Roni unzipped her hoodie and slid it from her frame. Underneath, Roni had a sleek frame, slender waist and shapely hips, as well as the budding bosom held captive behind a tight fitting Ramones T-shirt. She was down right adorable and hot, if she wasn't so skittish. Her sneakers were kicked off as Roni knelt before her bags and rummaged around until she found a small plastic container. She popped it ope and retrieved a rattling bottle with a picture of a happy moon and clouds sleeping and cuddling. Delicately she slid out a blue pill and popped it into her mouth without a second thought. While the warnings always indicated sleeping pills could be addictive, no one bothered to read it (ain't no one got time for that). It was one of the few things that cleared her mind enough for sleep. And that was all she wanted to do right now, a brown blanket was tugged out from her other bag and Roni crawled up onto the bed and snuggled down upon the edge. She curled up into a fetal position, her knees hanging off the edge as she tossed the blanket over herself and promptly buried her head into her arms.

Sleep couldn't come soon enough.

Leftenant Jenkins and Calmer Squirrel Ruby

Leftenant Jenkins

Jenkins briefly shared a word with Ruby before he wandered outside. She would be sleeping in the astronomy room, as he so fondly called it. He wondered if Roni had also taken that room. With the one bed it might be a tight squeeze. However he didn’t have much time to wonder on it. His eyes quickly caught onto the car. The car he had owned for the past fifteen years give or take. The damn car. “What the fuck happened here?” He questioned quietly, his hand went to his forehead. Still, as long as what was in the car was okay, he would come out on top. The car itself would provide nice scrap metal. Searching inside he found what he was looking for. An electrical wiring set. Now came the fun part. A small room was to be sectioned off as he refitted all the wiring to fit normal standards. Luckily for any of the sleeping members of the house, this room would not be attached to the rest of the house. In fact he would build this room mostly from scratch. Luckily the foundation was already there, all he had to do was shape the room to fit his measurements. He picked up some equipment he needed. If he had calculated correctly it would take him around seventeen hours to complete this task. Smirking to himself, he walked back inside, placing the items down in the room he was going to fix.

It took him about three trips, but he finally got everything ready to start working. Looking at his watch, he took note of the time. Then, he began to work on the room, making sure everything went in the perfect spot. Anything else would ruin the room, and he only had enough material to do this job once. He looked over to the wood. He could also mark out the area of garden that Kayne would do tomorrow. He was sure that Kayne would have fewer complaints about working if Sparks would be watching. His mind continued on this path as he continued to work. The last thought that wasn’t consumed by perfecting the little guest house was that he would need double the amount of coffee in the morning.

Ruby

Ruby slowly walked into the room that Uncle Lawrence described. She had opened the door carefully, and with deliberation. Making no noises, she glanced over to the bed. There lay Roni, fast asleep already. She honestly felt bad for the girl. She really did. She hadn’t meant to flip out on her. Tomorrow, when they were awake, she would make it up to Roni. Maybe make her some breakfast. Actually, that sounded like a great idea, she’d make the whole team breakfast. Uncle Lawrence could help because a) he never slept, b) he was actually a decent cook, and c) she could always guilt trip him into doing things with her.

Glancing into her lab coat pockets, she grabbed a pill. Quickly swallowing it, she could feel the stress and anxiety melt away. They helped control her emotions when things were getting overwhelming. Uncle Lawrence insisted she take them whenever she felt the need to. While she felt uncomfortable relying on pills, she had to admit they helped. Obviously while she worked with this current team her dosage would have to increase. She hadn’t prepared herself for this oddball group. They were callous, unfeeling… no. She knew she was wrong. They had only gotten off on the wrong foot. Promising herself to be stronger, to not get as emotional. Tomorrow she had to perform medical examinations, and as such she had to be prepared. No matter what the pills did to her, she had to take two the next morning. It was the only way. With that unsettling thought she tossed off her lab coat. Wearing nothing underneath it (her Uncle had been wrong earlier) she formed a little blanket on which she curled upon. Luckily her short stature (measuring in at only five foot four) meant the oversized lab coat was the perfect blanket. She closed her eyes, trying to will her mind to sleep.

If only it was that easy. That wasn’t to say that she didn’t fall asleep, she did quite quickly. But the dreams, the nightmares. Something coming from the dark to haunt her. The dream she had faced a million times. It was odd, she knew she had faced this dream before while she dreamt, but while awake she could not remember a single thing about it. Light pushed back from the dark. Her body taken over by the dark. A single light… no something was different this time. There were more lights. Just two more. But they counted as more. For some reason that made things worse. Because she knew how it ended. The light consumed by the darkness.

Outside the dream world, her body tossed and turned, whimpering as sweat fell down her face. She suffered, not loudly, yet she still suffered. Unfortunately no one was around to see her suffer.

Ron watched as Jenkins unpacked the car and took load after load into the house. It looked like he took enough stuff inside to build a whole new room. Well it was no business of his. His problem was what to do now. He was getting sleepy but he really didn't know where to go to sleep. Kayne and Sparks had basically kicked him out of his room. Roni had been given one room. He wasn't sure where 'Rocky' was going to sleep but he assumed she must be in one of the other rooms and Jenkins must be working in the last room. Portal would be in her closet and Bow in the roof but he didn't really want to go inside and find out.

The night was pretty warm and he had slept in worst places so he just made the roof of the car more comfortable and layed back, cradling his head on his arms. He wondered if this team was going to gel before their first mission. If they didn't he was pretty sure someone was going to die and he was going to make damn sure it wasn't him.

Closing his eyes he drifted off to sleep.

"I think it is time to grab some rest, tomorrow we might be starting that training that the Leftenant had mentioned."

He turned his attention to the slight amount of light falling in from the air vent, he listened as Portal made her way to wherever she found her own sleeping quarters. He positioned himself to keep an eye on the front yard, listening to the sounds that made it up to his position, he also found that there was another air vent which looked out on the backyard. To entertain himself he moved between the two air vents.

To his surprise he found that morning broke, during the night he had not slept once, but then again he did not feel tired. He shrugged it off to the fact that he had received intense sniper training, where you needed little sleep while waiting for a target to reveal itself.

Sparks

The Following Morning...

The night before had been one of intense passion and fucking - Sparks was kind of surprised to find her eyes even half open in what she could only assume to be morning. A faint glow of day seeped in through the high and flat windows but no one had yet appeared to rouse (or harass) them. Footsteps echoed in creaks of the floorboards above.

The blonde's form was entangled with Kayne's on the couch, the narrowness of their sleeping arrangement keeping them close throughout what few hours they had rested. Sparks repositioned herself and closed her eyes. Her face nestled into the crook of her lover's neck and she gave a light squeeze of the wrap of her arms.

She was by no means attempting to wake Kayne with her movements, though.

...Because it was time to go back to sleep. Sparks was certain she had never been more tired than she was right now...

Ron awoke as the sun climbed up into the sky, his body clock attuned to waking him up at dawn. He rolled off the roof and stretched his tired muscles. Glancing around he noted that the streets were still deserted even at this hour. It was like they were living in a ghost zone of the city. He could hear traffic but he could not see it. It was like he knew Bow was watching him but he couldn't see him. Glancing up at the house he made out the small vent in the roof. Waving at it he turned and jogged off down the street. He would be able to put in a quick ten miles before anyone else was even up. It would warm him up and give his muscles time to loosen up, plus it would enable him to get a feeling for the lay of the land around here. In no time he was down the street and around the corner.

Kayne and Roni

Kayne

Kayne didn’t stir one bit as the sun began to peak through the small windows and the creaking boards above gave notice that others were about. She was never a ‘morning person’ by any means, but after a night like last night, well, she wasn’t waking up on her own accord anytime soon. She didn’t so much fall asleep as pass out from sheer exhaustion; by the end of it every bit of her svelte frame was drenched in a heavy layer of perspiration and sticky, sticky passions.

How they ended up a mass of entangled limbs was anyone’s guess. Kayne didn’t remember in which position they stopped, but somehow they ended up cradling one another in a very intimate pose. Sparks was lower, her head nestled intently against the curve of her neck, Kayne’s arms had curled themselves loosely about her shoulders, one hand still lost in her dusky locks. Their legs were curled together, their frames pressed against one another if nothing but for warmth. Sparks’ stirring only brought out a weak, whiny murmur of a moan from deep in Kayne’s throat. Her brow furrowed and she muttered some obscenity before her head tilted forward and she promptly buried her face into that blonde mane.

Roni

She had slept so hard that her left arm was nothing but painful pinpricks by the time her dark lashes stirred and fluttered open. Sleeping pills always did that; thank whatever Gods were out there for them. Roni sleepily shifted upon the bed, her lips parting and a soft yawn escaped. She pushed the cover back from her head and peered out the window, finding the sun already up and the day starting. Still, the house felt quiet and still, curious since last night it was a mad house. It was weird how the inanimate building could feel so different depending on the time of day. For long moments she sat on the bed, her weight resting upon her elbow and looked out the window quietly. Perhaps things weren’t as bad as she previously thought.

Back