PM asshattery

mental health

Many of you know me to be a funny happy go lucky poster in the forum. I try very hard to find funny and erotic things to post for everyone to enjoy. I am aware that this opens me up to a lot of unsolicited private messages, and I take the bad with the good. I do my best to respond friendly, with a hug, a smile and a thank you. But please, do not message me if you have no intention of being my friend. They have bars for that sort of thing and my suggestion to you would be not forget your wallet. :D

This brings me to my mental health title of this message.

I received a private message the other day from a girl asking me a question. I responded to the girl as I always do friendly. Come to find out the "girl" is a 57 year old man :eek:, and as I was just wondering what the hell he was doing I asked him why he was using a female profile.

His response disturbed Me. He said he was very turned on by creating the perfect submissive, a girl that he could control every move, etc. And he was doing this with his profile.

Being the mama bear that I am, I could not let that go. I had to respond and let him know that what he was doing was unhealthy and unsafe. I suggested that he use his creativity to create a character for a story, and I let him know that by posing as a submissive female on this forum he was more likely than not to receive unsolicited messages from alpha males, and he was opening himself up for a whole lot of problems.

His response to me?

"Maybe we can explore."

Seriously? You're going to think that I am interested in exploring a D/s relationship with you, a relationship based on trust, after you initially lied about who you are, prompting a heartfelt response from me regarding how unhealthy that was, and yet you still felt as though I would be interested in pursuing and exploring God knows what?

So, I'll continue to be pleasant in my responses, but this ^^^ example should give you an idea of why most women simply delete and ignore messages. It's not because they are trying to be mean or bitchy, it's because 80% of the messages result in a "Why the hell was I trying to be nice" feeling..

Many of you know me to be a funny happy go lucky poster in the forum. I try very hard to find funny and erotic things to post for everyone to enjoy. I am aware that this opens me up to a lot of unsolicited private messages, and I take the bad with the good. I do my best to respond friendly, with a hug, a smile and a thank you. But please, do not message me if you have no intention of being my friend. They have bars for that sort of thing and my suggestion to you would be not forget your wallet. :D

I received a private message the other day from a girl asking me a question. I responded to the girl as I always do friendly. Come to find out the "girl" is a 57 year old man :eek:, and as I was just wondering what the hell he was doing I asked him why he was using a female profile.

His response disturbed Me. He said he was very turned on by creating the perfect submissive, a girl that he could control every move, etc. And he was doing this with his profile.

Being the mama bear that I am, I could not let that go. I had to respond and let him know that what he was doing was unhealthy and unsafe. I suggested that he use his creativity to create a character for a story, and I let him know that by posing as a submissive female on this forum he was more likely than not to receive unsolicited messages from alpha males, and he was opening himself up for a whole lot of problems.

His response to me?

"Maybe we can explore."

Seriously? You're going to think that I am interested in exploring a D/s relationship with you, a relationship based on trust, after you initially lied about who you are, prompting a heartfelt response from me regarding how unhealthy that was, and yet you still felt as though I would be interested in pursuing and exploring God knows what?

So, I'll continue to be pleasant in my responses, but this ^^^ example should give you an idea of why most women simply delete and ignore messages. It's not because they are trying to be mean or bitchy, it's because 80% of the messages result in a "Why the hell was I trying to be nice" feeling..

I could not have said this any better myself!

And that is just, well, creepy. *shivers*

I'd send 15 right back, read receipt on each one!

I'm convinced he is probably using the read receipt to graph and chart his response rate. How many people actually read versus how many responses. These asshats can be total dorks.

I'm convinced he is probably using the read receipt to graph and chart his response rate. How many people actually read versus how many responses. These asshats can be total dorks.

That is a good point. I hadn't considered that. Then again, I'm not willing to give someone that sends such PMs that much credit.

I think they probably hit the wrong box. The one directly underneath is to uncheck the message going to their sent folder.

On an unrelated note, I love your sig photo! Dipshidiot - I must remember that!

I think they probably hit the wrong box. The one directly underneath is to uncheck the message going to their sent folder.

On an unrelated note, I love your sig photo! Dipshidiot - I must remember that!

Thank you, haha! I was perusing them the other day, and found that one to be particularly funny!

I usually call them fidiots, but I think I like your term better. hehe

Fidiots, I like that! Haha!

I usually refer to them as douchebags, or some such term.

It usually goes something like this:
See new message notification.
Open said message.
Read 1/2 of it.
Roll eyes and mutter some insult to author under breath.
Delete PM.
Repeat.

His response to me?

"Maybe we can explore."

It's not that I'm not a caring person. I am ... to friends.

While it was nice of you to reach out to him in a concerned way, there are too many people online who are too seriously fucked up. I have too much going on in my life for strange strangers to be sucking my time ... unless they are an immediate threat to themselves or others.

There are also too many people online who create imaginary personas of themselves. I ran into one of these guys who responded to a personal ad a couple of years ago.

He seemed like a great guy. We exchanged several emails and talked on the phone several times over two weeks. On an early Saturday evening, I suggested we get together in person for coffee or drinks instead of chatting on the phone ... and then he dropped the bomb.

He had given me a totally different name, lied about his age by 18 years (he said he was 44; it turned out he was 62), sent me a photo that was not of him, and lied about where he lived and worked. He came clean and told me what his real name was, how old he was, and sent me his Facebook profile.

His excuse: he thought if I knew the real him that I wouldn't be interested in him.

I honestly had to tell him that I wouldn't, but given the extraordinary effort he went through in fabricating this imaginary person, I told him he was freakin' nuts. He said he never imagined our correspondence going beyond being pen pals.

Every once in a while he'd send me an email asking if we can get together. I finally blocked him.

It's not that I'm not a caring person. I am ... to friends.

While it was nice of you to reach out to him in a concerned way, there are too many people online who are too seriously fucked up. I have too much going on in my life for strange strangers to be sucking my time ... unless they are an immediate threat to themselves or others.

This is exactly how I feel about it. I'm already under enough stress, and I already play counselor or psychologist to too many people in my real life. It can suck what little emotional stability I have when I'm around too many "toxic" people - whether in real life or online.

I truly prefer to keep my online life fun. It's my escape from a job that's emotionally and physically exhausting. It's how I recharge my batteries. I will gladly lend an empathetic ear to friends who need a shoulder, but I have to draw the line at random strangers.

Having said that, since I've been having heart problems, my inbox is exploding with messages from other Litsters offering their sympathy and prayers. I truly appreciate that.

Good God, my inbox is exploding today. The most notable:

Hey Momma, want to play? My wife is out. hehehe

Try your right hand, sweetheart. It doesn't have a delete button.

Maybe they don’t understand the title of the thread. To some it might say, “Asshats, PM me.”

Sorry, I’ll go back to lurking and laughing. Hello, by the way.

And don’t be too quick to stereotype. He might be a leftie.

I'm a lefty. I thought about that. *laughs*

Funny. I just asked someone if I have ASSHATS, PM ME tatooed on my forehead. :D

Hello, and welcome to the thread. :) We hope you'll stick around!

God, i love this thread!

And BeachMomma! Lol!

God, i love this thread!

And BeachMomma! Lol!
And I lubs you! I've had at least half a dozen asshat PMs already today. MsSnarky is ready to come out to play.

For all the men who want to send dick pics, here's one that might actually get female attention:

539144_201644809960378_2011232760_n.jpg

And I lubs you! I've had at least half a dozen asshat PMs already today. MsSnarky is ready to come out to play.

For all the men who want to send dick pics, here's one that might actually get female attention:

*gigglesnort*

:heart:

Gah, that was my secret "how I play creepy internet stalker and then totally defuse her into thinking I am just a cute funny guy...until her defences are down, muh haa hhaaa whaaaa haaaaaa" cock pic.

But now you've ruined it.

And I will only have my wit & personality to fall back on.

Fuck, I am screwed. :(

I wanted to contribute having read the thread so I waited five minutes for a PM and guess what...

Title: hi
Body: What are u up to?

Maximum effort exerted. I imagine him typing that then collapsing to the floor gasping from the effort.

You have to be quick to stay a step ahead of the Lit ladies!

Haa haa, well I lurk here every now & then just for a gigglesnort and a slight ego boost (hell if the posts here are my competition for the lovely ladies of Lit, hell I have a shot and am looking good!) ;)

I also have on days idly mused over the idea of PM'ing a few of you ladies that are regular posters in here.
Yes, as a child I did poke bee hive's with a stick, tried petting a porcupine once, and occasionally enjoyed pouring gasoline on a fire. :D

Back