D/s Relationship Study

BareBones69

Virgin
Joined
Mar 24, 2013
Posts
3
Hi!
I'm studying anthropology, and I'm conducting a study for my senior seminar. The study concerns Dominant/submissive relationships and sexual encounters (as well as the accuracy of Fifty Shades of Grey), and involves anonymously answering 10-20 questions about your experience with BDSM via email.
I'm looking for Doms/subs/Switches 18 and over. Please note that I am not interested in those who only partake in BDSM on online chatrooms. The email exchange consist of two or three emails –one email containing my questions, your response, then any follow up questions.
I would be very grateful if you would be willing to take part in my study! If you are interested in participating or have questions, please PM me or contact me at the address below. If you do so, you will have the chance to find out more about the study before coming to any decision. You would be under no obligation to take part, and you may also discontinue participation at any time.
I am not interested in identifying information. Your name/email address will not be included in the record. I'm also using Hushmail, a service that ensures privacy and confidentiality.
Thanks so much! I look forward to hearing from you

Contact Erica at: BareBones69@hushmail.com
Advisor contact: Dr. Benjamin Carter, Visiting Professor of Anthropology, Muhlenberg College; bcarter@muhlenberg.edu

The Sociology/Anthropology Ethics Subcommittee has approved the use of email to recruit participants for this study.
 
The question "is Fifty Shades of Gray accurate" finds an academic equivalent in "would a Vampire kick a Lycan's ass?"
 
Is Fifty Shades of Grey categorized under fiction or nonfiction? That should answer your question.
 
I too am doing a study on women's breasts... Ladies, please pm me nude pictures for scientific research.
 
Just a note, if anybody wants to sign up for this, they should do so with a private email account, not one using their real name. Hushmail, mentioned by the OP, is accepting signups, you could do it that way.
 
Thanks Etoile that's a great suggestion.
The study isn't really on 50 Shades of Grey; it's just a minor mention for cultural relevancy when I present the project.
I can see how this might seem spammy, but I really am a student doing this study. If you're in a D/s relationship and you want to talk about it, I'd love to listen :)
 
hehe, she said "cultural relevancy."

;) Just messing with you!

50 Shades does have an enormous cultural relevancy-- it's the first time mainstream women have purchased and talked about porn.

Which is also a fascinating topic, and probs the one I would want to do! But relevant to D/s? No.

Anyway, you might get some excellent respondents here.
 
50 Shades does have an enormous cultural relevancy-- it's the first time mainstream women have purchased and talked about porn.

overall i would agree, as 50 shades is clearly being sold as erotica (as opposed to romance or "a saucy scene in an otherwise normal book). i will just point out, though, that some of the anne rice books do wander into erotica territory--with sleeping beauty at the top of the list!

as a side note, i (of course) went though my "interest in vampires" phase... you can imagine my shock at getting rice's sleeping beauty from the library (when i was a high school freshman) and getting... oh, about 5 pages into it and realizing what was going on!
 
50 shades is not D/s, it is an erotic romance that uses some of the elements of D/s for a plot point (basically, the main character has "D/s" relationships, where the form of it is a crutch because he is so fucked up, it is the only way he can have any kind of relationship)..it uses the trappings of D/s, but isn't.
 
overall i would agree, as 50 shades is clearly being sold as erotica (as opposed to romance or "a saucy scene in an otherwise normal book). i will just point out, though, that some of the anne rice books do wander into erotica territory--with sleeping beauty at the top of the list!

as a side note, i (of course) went though my "interest in vampires" phase... you can imagine my shock at getting rice's sleeping beauty from the library (when i was a high school freshman) and getting... oh, about 5 pages into it and realizing what was going on!
:eek:

"Sleeping Beauty" Is umm... Porn. Porny porn porn! No plot, lots of sex. Kinky, goofy, impossible half the time, id-vortex sex.

I STILL love those books! Some of the scenarios in them fit my libido like a hand fits a glove. Or something... :eek:
 
Sleeping Beauty

Funny you should mention Sleeping Beauty! I too "accidentally" read it when I was about 16, not realizing what it was. And thus my interest in bdsm was born :)
 
Back
Top