Poetry Submissions, any good links?

Maria2394

Corgi Lover!
I am finally in the mood to begin submitting my poetry again, does anyone have any good links or suggestions? I have a couple I am sending to Dead Mule, Hiss Quarterly and Red River Review, but since I already have poems there, I am looking for new ground.

If anyone has any ideas, let me know and I will do likewise.

peace :)

~ maria

Are you looking for online mags or real mags or both or what?

Both. You know, print is preferable, but online is good too. I am always just grateful when anyone thinks my work is good enough to post on their ezine and I nearly flipped out when I got "printed". I have been very blessed. I lost my muse for a while, but for some reason, it seems to be sneaking back in. I blame that on you :D

You got me all excited about writing my frog poems again and after I reread some of my work, I got inspired. I know most people here don't think much of my work, but that's okay. I understand. I am truly enjoying doing reviews though. and I make that statement judging by the email I have gotten recently, but the trolls won't run me off, my skin is 9 inches think, hehe

Maybe we will live closer to you, oh, and I have nudged him about your candle sticks. He said when he has time off, he will make them for you no charge, its a gift from me :D Maybe I can even deliver them to you and we can take that walk in the mountains if you feel up to it.

:heart:

luv ya dear Boo! Take care of yourself

~ maria

Last edited:
I am finally in the mood to begin submitting my poetry again, does anyone have any good links or suggestions? I have a couple I am sending to Dead Mule, Hiss Quarterly and Red River Review, but since I already have poems there, I am looking for new ground.
Hiss Quarterly is long gone, I'm afraid. You might want to look at Duotrope, which is a searchable database of print and e-zines. It also has a submission tracker, if you want to use that.

Hiss Quarterly is long gone, I'm afraid. You might want to look at Duotrope, which is a searchable database of print and e-zines. It also has a submission tracker, if you want to use that.

OMG! Hiss is gone? LOL, shows yo how much time I spend on the internet. I am glad I copied the page with mine and Anna's poems on it Hers was titled "Scrabble, Muttered " and was awesome and mine was "Red Bricks". It was the issue about insanity....go figger, huh :D

Thanks for the link Tzara. I will check it out :)

~ m

I had .....

Red pulp underground

Red river review

Pandoras’s collective

Cherry bleeds

Breadcrumb scabs

...all bookmarked but they all seem to have gone belly-up sadly.

Thanks Tess and Tzara-

I will eventually fond something that feels right.

:)

Good News!

In my opinion because it is a great literary journal.

Tess, perhaps your link to Red River Review is bad or something, but they are still up and running, though with a different editor.

Red River Review

There is also an active link on the site for poetry contests and I just know that there are people here who can win those accolades! So click that link and get going! Tzara, I mean really, you are so good, and Tess and well, I can't list all the good poets, just look around, they abound :)

I know Champ has a poem there and I have one, though not sure which year is was in....

anyway, just thought I would update the link for anyone interested.

I keep expecting to find Annaswirls' poem, Chiromancer online or in print somewhere, that was one of her absolute best. If anyone "sees' her, give her a cyber hug for me.

I appreciate all of you contributing to this thread because I realized that my poetry is languishing and some of it is almost good enough to send out again. I won't have lofty goals like The New Yawker, because all that rejection just kills me! Especially when they require that you do not submit elsewhere yet they don't have the courtesy to let you know you have not been accepted. I think that is rude and don't submit to places like that.

I think if they don't want your work, they should at least have the decency to send a mere form rejection letter like so many others do.

Have a good day!

:rose:

Both. You know, print is preferable, but online is good too. I am always just grateful when anyone thinks my work is good enough to post on their ezine and I nearly flipped out when I got "printed". I have been very blessed. I lost my muse for a while, but for some reason, it seems to be sneaking back in. I blame that on you :D

You got me all excited about writing my frog poems again and after I reread some of my work, I got inspired. I know most people here don't think much of my work, but that's okay. I understand. I am truly enjoying doing reviews though. and I make that statement judging by the email I have gotten recently, but the trolls won't run me off, my skin is 9 inches think, hehe

Maybe we will live closer to you, oh, and I have nudged him about your candle sticks. He said when he has time off, he will make them for you no charge, its a gift from me :D Maybe I can even deliver them to you and we can take that walk in the mountains if you feel up to it.

:heart:

luv ya dear Boo! Take care of yourself

~ maria

Are you moving over this way? Don't. I'm on the plateau- not in the mountains. I just wish I was. Theres a few good hills here but thats about it. Stay in the mountains. Thank you for blaming me about your poems. I'll take full credit since I love those poems so much! I'm not up to company much right now, but after this next step I will be! I would love to come meet you!! Just call me. (yeah... right) LOL! :rose::rose::rose:

Good News!

In my opinion because it is a great literary journal.

Tess, perhaps your link to Red River Review is bad or something, but they are still up and running, though with a different editor.

Red River Review

There is also an active link on the site for poetry contests and I just know that there are people here who can win those accolades! So click that link and get going! Tzara, I mean really, you are so good, and Tess and well, I can't list all the good poets, just look around, they abound :)

anyway, just thought I would update the link for anyone interested.

:rose:

Thanks so much for this, it's back in my bookmarks. Some of the sights listed plus the various contest look so interesting.

Edited to add duotrop as a source for even more sites.

Last edited:
I could/should recommend Passions in Poetry

I had been a contributing member there for years, but as my muse went away so did my participation. Great site though if you are a poet concerned with gaining great feedback, improving your skill, and being amazed at the talent in the world.

If anyone has any ideas, let me know and I will do likewise.

peace :)

~ maria

Hey Maria...I post a bunch of contest and sub call stuff over on this site...
http://www.storiesspace.com/forum/yaf_topics16_Writing-Competitions-and-Calls-for-Submissions.aspx

You mentioned you do frog poems...you there's a contest for those, don't know if they're still taking submissions, but I'm sure it comes around every year...
http://www.storiesspace.com/forum/y...-everydaya-contest-for-poems-about-frogs.aspx

Ty, Literotica

I like to Thank Literotica for qccepting My poetry. Im looking forward to feedback from anyone willing to help me get better.

A Delicate Thing
Searching for the Smile.

Hey Maria...I post a bunch of contest and sub call stuff over on this site...
http://www.storiesspace.com/forum/yaf_topics16_Writing-Competitions-and-Calls-for-Submissions.aspx

You mentioned you do frog poems...you there's a contest for those, don't know if they're still taking submissions, but I'm sure it comes around every year...
http://www.storiesspace.com/forum/y...-everydaya-contest-for-poems-about-frogs.aspx

Thank you so much for the link. I would have answered sooner but I have been off the grid ( as far as internet goes).

:) thanks again

maria

Back