romantic sex is a kind of fetish?

The only sex that I have experienced has been with the love of my life, so romance is always a part of it.

Without romance there is nothing!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 0
I guess that 'romantic' sex could probably be considered the 'norm' and therefore couln't be a fetish as society thinks you should only have sex with someone you love.

However, great as frantic, lustful sex is, whether it's with someone you love or just a casual fling, 'romantic' sex with lots of tender kissing and slow grinding and holding and being held and just having sex to be as close as you can get to that person without even necessarily feeling the need to cum is fantastic.

I guess that 'romantic' sex could probably be considered the 'norm' and therefore couln't be a fetish as society thinks you should only have sex with someone you love.

However, great as frantic, lustful sex is, whether it's with someone you love or just a casual fling, 'romantic' sex with lots of tender kissing and slow grinding and holding and being held and just having sex to be as close as you can get to that person without even necessarily feeling the need to cum is fantastic.

I would disagree with this. Firstly in that I think that (at least in the US), there are very few general societal norms anymore, with more people being shaped by the thoughts/practices of their particular subculture. I simply don’t see the idea that society at large has a “sex with someone you love” message any more.

Secondly, a fetish does not refer to the prevalence of a particular act or fixation, but rather the need for the individual who had the fetish to have said action, object, etc. in order to actually become aroused or perform. In this sense, even something highly mundane can become a fetish.

There is a place for everything.

Romantic sex is probably the most fulfilling and satisfying by far. slow touching, caressing, kissing, building to sex that is more about mutual ecstasy and colossal orgasms with holding and cuddling in thew glow afterward

Then there is raw lustful animal sex. Hard and to the point with little foreplay and preparation. fucking each others brains out.

You need to have both and they don't necessarily have to be with different partners! Having both with your SO is the best of both worlds !

Romantic slow and drawn out sex is my favorite. Deep intimacy on as many levels as possible. Give and receiving favorite types of physical touch etc.

I would disagree with this. Firstly in that I think that (at least in the US), there are very few general societal norms anymore, with more people being shaped by the thoughts/practices of their particular subculture. I simply don’t see the idea that society at large has a “sex with someone you love” message any more.

Secondly, a fetish does not refer to the prevalence of a particular act or fixation, but rather the need for the individual who had the fetish to have said action, object, etc. in order to actually become aroused or perform. In this sense, even something highly mundane can become a fetish.

I agree with ilCacciatore and add that most here are choosing to assume the romantic sex means one particular thing - it does not. Its different for different people. Example - some find feet icky while many women find that having their feet played with is extremely romantic and sensual while many others consider it a fetish - what is it then? (that was rhetorical and not really asking a question)

I've always felt the internet has ruined romance. I'm a Dude through and through. Outdoors man, carpenter for 15yrs, Hunt, fish, grease monkey (i'm still driving my 1999). But, I luv the romantic build up
many of you follow my posts...and many of you have sent me a pm thanking me for them. leaving me notes regarding the fact the images i post are not the usual hardcore...some are, i'm am a man. But, I take the time to fined something that will make you look at the whole picture...try to find the erotica or romantic side, something as simple as this
https://78.media.tumblr.com/279dbf4528aabce210da0816e3c86d01/tumblr_pbq6ivBxv51tr55t7o1_500.jpg
http://lucijj.tumblr.com/post/167078041049

I do always like sex better when there's a feeling of love to it.

There is a place for everything.

Romantic sex is probably the most fulfilling and satisfying by far. slow touching, caressing, kissing, building to sex that is more about mutual ecstasy and colossal orgasms with holding and cuddling in thew glow afterward

Then there is raw lustful animal sex. Hard and to the point with little foreplay and preparation. fucking each others brains out.

You need to have both and they don't necessarily have to be with different partners! Having both with your SO is the best of both worlds !

Well said!

Back