Midnight’s Forest *Closed, for Leetah and I*

Ravenloft

Sweet Rogue
Joined
Jan 29, 2000
Posts
18,839
Cael Broanlyn was a bard from the isles who had traveled to the mainland after a sickness had taken his family, while he was only twelve. Now, he was a man of eighteen, with long, wavy brown hair, and clear, azure blue eyes. His lips were fine, and when he willed to part them, he could turn the air that he breathed into nearly magical sound. His fingers were lithe and well practiced upon his worn old lute, as well as a Lass or two, The later having caused his current problems.

He was on the run from an angry husband, whos wife he had caught Cael in bed with. The chase had been on for a good ten minutes, and he had been run right out of the small village he had been staying in, wearing only his unbuttoned breeches and holding his lute that he had thankfully been able to snatch up before jumping out the couples bedroom window. He was tiring and knew the man would be on him in less than a minute as he desperately pressed on, into a forest that lay just outside the village.

He would have to make a stand, he stopped at the base of a large tree and lifted his lute, as a weapon as he pressed his bare back to the tree’s trunk the husband appeared only a moment later and grunted like a bull, seeing red. “There wouldn’t be a way we could work this peaceably, would there, good sir?” Cael asked sarcastically as the man approached, balling his fists up as he came. “Well, ol, Bess…” Cael sighed, addressing his lute. “Looks like this is where we say our goodbyes…”

He lifted the lute that he had come to name Ol Bess and struck the man with her as he came into range. She splintered all about them, her strings dangling from her stock. The man growled with a menacing grin as he cracked his knuckles. Cael looked up at the man, knowing what was to come next. He tried to run again, but the man snatched him by his flowing hair and dragged him from his feet. The first blow broke his nose and he felt tears well up from the painful burst as blood spilled from its ruins. He threw his arms up about his face to deflect any more blows to his face, and took several to his chest and gut in doing so. He took the blows, hoping the man would be satisfied with a short beating, but with the fifth blow from the man, he realized the man was out to do him in, so he desperately rolled away, and got to his feet, blindly stumbling away.

The man laughed as he let Cael make it a few feet before kicking him behind the knee and dropping him to his knees. Cael groped out with his hands to catch himself from falling flat on his face, only to feel the solid muscle of… Someone… His eyes were so full of tears, he could not but a blur. His ears were ringing, and his chest was wet and sticky with the blood from his nose, that had made it down that far.

The new person exchanged words with the bullish man, and drawing a weapon on him. “Heb… Mbe” was all Cael could utter before collapsing at the mans feet, passing out from pain and exhaustion. Cael was only vaguely aware of the passage of time, it was as though he lay in a deep, churning fog. Murrmurs and mumblings played at the edge of his unconscious mind, slowly drawing him free of his numb fuge state. Someone drew near as he came too and knelt next to him. He tried to blink away the blurriness from his eyes to see the person tending him.
 
The day started as any other for Ceridwen. She had risen, washed herself in the nearby stream, and then dressed in her simple green peasant plouse and her plain tan skirt, the cloth soft from much use. She stretched and ran the hairbrush her Tad-cu, her Grandfather, had made for her through her long dark curls. Her light blue eyes scanned the encampment that was her home. The tribe had been here for almost a month now, and she knew they would soon move on. She quickly made breakfast for herself and the old man, and then rushed off to meet with Glenys. The old woman had proclaimed when Ceridwen was only an infant that she would one day take over the tribe's healing from Glenys. Since the time she had turned 16, 2 years ago, she had been training with the woman to one day be the Iachawr, or Healer, for the tribe. She had learned many things from her teacher, and she loved the woman as if she were kin. Of course, all the Gypsy Tribe felt as if they were one family, and they would die for one another. Woe to the man or woman that ever tried to harm any of the clan!

Now the gloaming time was upon her, as she made her way toward her wagon home, but a commotion off towards the road leading to the village caught her attention, and she moved silently in that direction instead. Peering through the foliage, she saw a handsome young man, scarcely clothed and clinging to a stringed instrument running as hard as he could from a much larger and furious looking man. She could see that the young man was tiring, as his chest was heaving with the effort to breathe. She watched him pause and put his bare back almost against the base of the large tree just off to her left, and straighten his pose, just as the angry man appeared, growling and snarling like a maddened animal. She wondered what could have happened to cause such a disturbance.

“There wouldn’t be a way we could work this peaceably, would there, good sir?” His voice was almost lyrical. She could have listened to him for hours, she thought, mesmerized, then almost jumped back audibly when she saw him bring the instrument down over the other man's head, shattering it into splinters. When the man shook it off as if he had been hit by a twig, Ceridwen knew this was not going to be pretty, and she was right. She winced as the man began beating his prey, playing with him as if he were a cat with a mouse. She was looking around for a weapon to use, as she was not carrrying her dagger at present, but there was nothing. Suddenly she heard Andras voice calling out, and looked up to see the large man brandishing his well-polished blade towards the other. The young man lay on the ground at Andras' feet, seemingly unconscious.

The big man snorted and fumed a bit more, but with the dangerous looking stranger's stance, he soon gave up and turned to head for home. She heard him call out "If I catch him near me wife again, I'll have his privates to feed to me dogs!" Ah, so that was what this was all about. She sighed and shook her head. Men! What was it with them messing about where they had no business to do so. She moved out of the trees, and to Andras' side. He looked down at her, towering over her by a good foot and a half. "So....here you are, Little One." Andras was the leader of their Tribe, and a good one he was. He cared for his family as no one else could, and they all adored him. "I had a feeling you might be about. This one does not look so good, eh?" "He took quite a beating, Blaenor." She used the term of endearment that all the tribe used for him. It meant Leader. "I must help him. We can't leave him here." "Little One," his tone held a warning, "You may help him, but he is a stranger to us. You know the Code." "Yes, I know. I also know that as Iachawr I have a duty to help him."

The stranger groaned as Ceridwen knelt beside him. He seemed to be trying to open his eyes and lift his head. She gently touched his forehead, wiping the stray locks out of his eyes. He moaned again, and she said softly "Shhhh, we're here to help you." She motioned to Andras. "Carry for me please. He needs immediate attention that I can't give him here." Sighing, the big man scooped the stranger gently up and carried him as he would a child, until he laid him on the softness of Ceridwen's bed. She brought cool water and soft cloths and began to bathe his pale face. Suddenly, her slender wrist was caught in a vise-like grip and her eyes met the blazing azure gaze of the stranger.
 
Last edited:
Cael

In the haze of unconciousness, Cael's mind conjured images of red pools and flashed of white, white like bone. It was an unsettling brush with death, that startled him to awarness. He reached out and caught hold of someone's slender arm, by their wrist as he shot up in a soft bed and opened his eyes, wild with panic.

Instead of the grim visage of death, come to take him away, he looked upon the face of a dark haired lass who gave him a look of surprised fear. He released her wrist and swallowed some of his own blood, gaging upon it as he turned his face away and reached up to feel for his sundered nose. "Who ah ooo? Wah amb Ah?" He asked, pained as much by the sound of his own voice as the blows he had taken. He feared that his one gift in this life, his clear, resonating voice had been rendered into that of some hunchbacked imbecile's mangled tongue.

He turned sit off the edge of the bed, wincing with pain from his battered and beaten body, wishing he had had the foresight to have asked weather the lady he had chosen to entertain the previous night was wed, or not... Probably wouldn't have stopped him, he considered, being honest with himself, but at least he would have been a little more aware in her company.
 
Ceridwen

The strength of his grip was like an iron shackle on her wrist for a moment, then his long fingers relaxed and she was free. Ceridwen rubbed her wrist absentmindedly as he began to choke and gag a bit, turning from her. She saw his hand go up to his face. "Who ah ooo? Wah amb Ah?" Definitely not the lyrical tones she had heard earlier before his beating. He seemed to shiver at the sound of his own voice, and struggled to sit on the edge of the bed. Immediately, she moved to his side, gently but firmly pushing him back to the mattress. As he glared at her, she said, "You must relax, Stranger, or I cannot help you. I am Ceridwen, the Iachawr of this Tribe, and you are safely in my wagon." She saw his puzzled expression at the unfamiliar term, and answered the unspoken question. "I am a Healer, and I can help you...if you allow me to."

Ceridwen watched him appear to go through an innner struggle, and then his body relaxed a bit. She realized he was accepting her offer of help, and she nodded. "You will need to listen to what I say, and follow my instructions. If you do so, you will heal more quickly." She moved away from the bed, conscious of his eyes on her every step of the way. She gathered what she needed and moved back to the bed. She washed and dressed his face, splinting the poor broken nose as best she could, making a small tsking sound as she did so. She applied some strong smelling ointments to his chest and back, where the bruises and scratches were the worst, then she poured some foul-smelling concoction into a cup and held it to his lips. "I know it smells terrible, but it will help the healing process and help to rest." Finally, she got him to swallow the potion, laughing a little at the face he made.

As Ceridwen moved to put her implements away, there was a hard knock upon the wall by the door, and a man's head poked through the curtain covering the door, and seeing the stranger in the girl's bed, cocked an eyebrow. "Ceridwen, come out for a moment." His voice was low and pleasant, but with a harsher undertone, barely noticeable. Sighing and rolling her eyes, she glanced over at her patient. "I'll be back in a moment, Sir. Lie still and rest." She slipped out the curtained doorway, and down the steps, to where the man paced back and forth. "What is it this time, Idris?" Her tone was a bit impatient as she looked up at him. He smiled down at her, admiring her beauty once again, as he always did. "Well, considering that my Dyweddi is cavorting about with a half-naked man, who happens to be an ymwthiwr amongst our People, this concerns me." Hands on her hips, Ceridwen faced him squarely.

"As I've told you before, Idris, I am no more betrothed to you than to that tree over there. Someday, perhaps, but not yet." He took a step toward her, his sheer size forcing her to take a step back. He continued until she was backed against the wagon. "Come now, Annwyl, I cannot help but worry for one as lovely as yourself. Any man would desire you, unless he were no longer living." His large hand cupped her cheek, and he bent slowly towards her, taking her lips with his own. His kiss was thrilling, and she felt herself responding to him, but then pulled away.

"I've no time for this now. Not until my patient is better. Now, be off with you. Go bother some other poor maiden for a bit." She slipped beneath his arm and back into her wagon. Idris watched her go with narrowed eyes, his groin aching for more.
 
The glare he had given her was more due to the fresh wave of pain that went through him as the woman, obviously a gyspy, made him lay back. He quickly lost that look and reguarded her with curiosity over the odd title she had refered to her self with. "Oh, I don't know how safe a gypsy's wagon is, I've heard many a tale from lads stout and true before, saying how they were stripped of their pride by fiery beauty's, such as yourself... And as far as you being a healer, or whatever that title truly means... Go on, practice your craft, I doubt you could cause me to become worse shape than I already am..." Cael said, after he had relaxed a bit, taking a moment to admire her exotic beauty.

"If you are as good of a Iachawr as you say, I will do my best to listen to you, woman. After all, the sooner I heal, the sooner I may leave. I doubt I would really be wanted her to start with..." He added as Ceridwen went about fixing him a cup of... Something. She wasn't kidding about the smell either. "Whew, what was that? Piss of the stallion, aged fifteen years, ye gads woman, you sure you're not trying to finish me off? Heh heh heh..." Cael jibed rudely while he stuck out his tongue several times, as though that would help make the foul taste in his mouth. He got another sharp surge of pain for his efforts. He layed back, feeling suddenly dizzy. "Oh..." He groaned. "I shouldn't have done that... I think I may be sick..." He cast his arm across his brow, dramatically as she had turned to give him a glare, herself. "You wouldn't happen to have anything for nausia, would you wo...en... Wen, er, Ceridwen?" He asked as he was pinned under her withering glare.

Just then some other man came knocking at Ceridwens wagon door. Whoever he was, he was importent enough to have drawn her outside while Cael still lay, on the verge of feeling as though he would be sick at any moment. He pushed the unplesent urge aside, curious to see what man could cause an... 'Iachawr' to so suddenly neglect a patient in need. He watched the man kiss her from the window of the wagon and found that he was scowling, though he didn't know why, she was nothing to him, and he, just another greasy giovanni dog. What did he care if a mongrel like that kissed the soft, lush, sweet lips of such a raven haired beauty...? He didn't! No, he didn't. He quietly returned to rest upon her bed as it appeared that she was returning to the room.

He sat up, as she entered, pretending as though he had laid there the whole time, and saw nothing of their dalliances outside. "So, what did the man need from you?" Cael asked before realizing he had, he visibly winced at his own foolish curiosity.
 
Ceridwen

Moving back up the steps of her wagon, Ceridwen tried to shake the fluttering of the butterflies in her stomach that Idris' kiss aroused, and instead concentrated on her patient's words from before. She had made herself ignore the barbed words that the Stranger had spoken before, as she had prepared his medicine, but now with her irritation at Idris' interruption, she was able to focus on the hatefulness she had heard in his tone, the lyrical voice sounding bitter and spiteful as he spewed what to her was filth from his lips. She had tried to ignore what he had said, pretending as if she hadn't even heard him speak, but now she found her temper suddenly boiling.

Ceridwen strode back into the center of the small room, and her light blue eyes seemed to blaze with a flame that could burn icy cold. Her nostrils flared slightly, and her cheeks showed a flush. She had never looked more lovely, although she had no idea. She marched over to the bed. The man lay there trying to look innocent, but being the experienced healer that she was, she could tell he had been up. Ignoring his question, her eyes snapping, she stood over him. "I am going to say something, and you are going to listen to me, without opening your mouth. When I finish, if you have anything decent to say, then you may. Otherwise, you will keep your mouth shut, except when you are taking your medication or eating." Her normally lilting tones were husky with her fury. "I suggest you not say anything more about my people. There are, indeed, a few that go about doing the things you have indicated, but not most of us, and certainly not all of us. I have no interest in you, except as my patient. Once you are healed, I will be done with you. As to what the gentleman and I were discussing outside, I'm sure you might have some idea, since you were spying."

At his surprised look, she gave him a small tight smile. "I am not stupid, boyo. I can tell when my patient has been up and about, no matter how he attempts to conceal it. You'll either stay put, or I'll tie you to the bed to keep you in one place. Also, you'll either call me by my name or Healer, but you will never call me woman again, if you wish to keep your tongue in your head." Leaning in close to almost whisper to him, she said "Oh, and never doubt that, I could indeed do much more harm to you than has been done, if I chose." Her light blue eyes appeared almost a midnight blue as she stared deeply into his own azure gaze.

Straightening up, she said, "Now, do we understand each other?"
 
cael was stricken by the beauty of her fury as she stood over him, and doubly stricken when she unleashed upon him. He shrank away ever so slightly. He was indeed surprised that she had so easily deduced that he had been up and spying upon her and the man outside, but that passed quickly as he regained his barings and a sly smirk played at the edge of his lips at the suggestion that she would tie him down if he did not stay put. He dismissed her final threat as she finished by asking if they had come to an understanding. "I think we have, I was wondering when you would finally break your silence and dig into me Ceridwen, I was simply baiting you, you know... And I have to say you are quite lovely when you're angry. Thank you, you've put a smile in my heart today, made the beating I took, almost worth it just to see a lady as lovely as yourself. You don't suppose there could be a peace between us, do you? I promise I won't play such a cruel joke upon you ever again. Although... I may have to wriggle about a bit, to see if that suggestion of tying me down was true... Never really tried something like that before..."
 
Ceridwen

Ceridwen was taken aback by the man's apology, and stood studying him for a few moments, trying to decide if he was being honest with her or simply trying out a new jest on her. Now that she had said her piece, she realized that she had not been as angry as she had been hurt by his words. Too many times she had heard the same awful things said about her People, and she had seen too many good people turn to evil after simply deciding that what the outsiders said about them was true, or deciding to make it true, since they couldn't convince the outsiders of anything else.

Too, he had called her lovely. Somehow, hearing it from him seemed different than when Idris said the same thing. It seemed more sincere somehow and less as if he wanted something from her. Although that could be she knew what Idris wanted from her in the end, and as far as she knew, all this man wanted was to heal and leave. She looked at him appraisingly, aware he was watching her face very closely. He was handsome, aside from the broken nose. His dark hair was long and thick and looked as if he kept himself clean. His facial hair was neatly trimmed, and his body, at least what she had seen of it, was muscular and strong. He was obviously a musician, she had discerned from the instrument he had been carrying and the rounded tones that came from his lips, even in using hateful words. She had also felt slight calluses on his long fingers, grown there after many times of playing the instrument.

He spoke her name somewhat oddly, but it sounded pleasant from him. She realized she still had no knowledge of his name at present. Gazing at him a bit more, studying his face for any nuance that would give him away, she decided to trust him for now, until he gave her cause not to do so. If that happened, he would find out just how unpleasant his life had suddenly become....and how short. Raising an eyebrow, she nodded slowly. "Very well then. If I have your word that you shall speak no more ill, we can make peace. You shall heal and rest, with my help. It will not be a short process, however, so you may as well settle in." Stopping for a moment, a small smile touched her lips and she said, "I don't think you would like being tied down by me, Sir. In any case, it would only be proper that I know your name first, before any such incident should occur."
 
"My name is cael Broanlyn and I don't think that I could speak ill of you and yours again After all, I do realize that I am only alive due to your people's intervention. That bull of a man would have killed me to be sure. I do lament the loss of Ol Bess though... She was such a sweet sounding thing... Anyway, what makes you so sure that I would not enjoy you tying me down?" Cael said with that sly smile still on his lips as he noticed how a smile of her own came to her lips as well. He pondered again on them, on how sweet the must taste, and how he would like to press them to his. His sly smirk fled as a look of desire replaced it for but the briefest of moments. "So, tell me, if you would, who was the man you were kissing? You looked as though you had rather enjoyed it..." He asked, not caring if he over stepped his bounds with her, he had to know what that man ment to her, and if he had a chance with her. It would be stupid to repeat the incident with the bull that he had just gone through.
 
Ceridwen

Cael...his name suited him, she decided, listening to him speak. There was something melodic about the sound of his name. She wondered briefly what the meaning of it might be. Ceridwen enjoyed knowing what someone's name meant. Her own meant 'Fair Poetess', and suited her well, as she made rhymes and sang songs as she worked. Shaking herself slightly, she returned to what he was saying, realizing she had missed some comment about tying him down again. She noticed a flash of something in his eyes....they darkened for an instant and then whatever the emotion had been was gone.

When he asked about Idris, her own expression darkened slightly. "Well, that is really none of your business, now is it?" Her tone was sharper than she had meant it to be, and at the look on his face, she relented slightly. "I apologize. It's not your fault that Idris thinks I'm going to marry him someday. I've not yet agreed to that match, and am not sure that I ever will. His kiss is pleasant. That should explain what you saw." Her expression became guarded as she looked at him, noticing again that even with a ruined nose, he was quite handsome. She wondered very briefly what his lips would feel like on hers, then was surprised at her train of thought. It must be that he was different from the men she was used to.

"So, I take it you are a minstrel then?" Ceridwen moved over to check his bandages, waiting for an answer.
 
Cael

"Well, Fair Caridwen, you are right, it is none of my business, but that obviously didn't stop my curiosity from getting the better of me. I do hope you decide against wedding him, it's such a conventional practice, tying yourself to just one person for life... The world would be just that much more of a dimmer place to hide your tremendous beauty away just for him, if you know what I mean. And as far as his kiss, heh, perhaps it is pleasent, but I doubt he has as thrilling a kiss as that of the men you're bound to find if you stay free from him. Mine, for instance, I've been told that it is warm and firm, and that it has set more than one woman's heart and loins to flame." He gave that last comment time to do its magic upon Ceridwens cheeks, sure that it would redden them, if even just a touch.

"But I digress, to answer your last question, I suppose I am what you would call a minstrel, yes, actually, I much prefer that to the title of bard, they seem a bit stuffy to me, what with having those colleges that they attend. I didn't have any fancy schooling, I was self taught. And im proud to say that my craft has garnered nary a complaint, as of yet. Well, save for angry husbands trying to beat me to death, that is... Ow." At that last statement, Ceridwen's perusal of his bandages caused him a twinge of pain, gentle though she was. With a sigh, Cael said. "It's really too bad, how badly beaten I am. If it weren't so, i'd play you a tune. As it is, the best It seems I can do is talk for the time being. If I talk too much, please let me know, because I do get that from time to time. Some people just cant understand that its an art, just like any other, you know."
 
Ceridwen

Cael's words touched something inside Ceridwen, and gave her pause for a moment. She really had no desire to wed anyone anytime soon, but this rascal sounded as if he would never be the type to settle down with anyone. When he spoke of his kisses, she felt a small spark of something shiver through her body. Again, her thoughts wound around what those lips would feel like on her own. She felt her face flush a bit, and she knew he was watching her, so she said nothing and busied herself with checking her work, not meeting his gaze.

She found she liked listening to his voice, even though he was an arrogant sort. When he winced at her soft touch, she glanced up at him sympathetically, and her eyes met his and were captured for a moment. "I'm certain I would enjoy hearing your tunes, bard. I do understand that to have such talent is indeed an art...as is the healing touch, or so I'm told. I continue to learn daily. I should like to hear you sing and play after you heal properly, but you have no instrument at present. " She saw him frown slightly at the thought, and hastened to add, "Although I'm certain you can obtain another, or make one. I know tis no easy task, mind you, but it can be done. At least your other instrument slowed your enemy down for a moment."

Ceridwen rose, satisfied that her bandages and potions were enough for the moment. "I always enjoy new stories, Cael the Bard. Tell me of your travels then."
 
Cael

cael smiled like a cat as he saw Ceridwen's blush. He'd been with many a woman, but never a gypsy lass, because of all the negative things that was believed of their kind, they always seemed so closed off to the outside world. A very insular culture, so he had never been afforded even an evening with such a beautiful gem as Ceridwen. It would seem he had let himself believe, falsly what the general populous did of them. He would rectify that, he did not like being bound by any of these social conventions after all. He fully intended to see if he could seduce this fiesty, yet tender Ceridwen into her bed with him, while he stayed, not giving a thought to any danger in doing so.

It was then that she addressed him as a bard, even after he had stated that he did prefer the title of minstral. He let that go with but a lift of an eyebrow. Then she mentioned the loss of Ol Bess, his fathers lute, and his mood darkened even more. The last physical connection to his dead family, and it was now gone. She must have noticed, and so tried to give him a silver lining around the whole mess he had gotten himself into, tinged with a bit of humor. He gave a half hearted smile at her suggestion, he'd never learned from his father how to actually make an instrument, only how to make it sing.

She stood then, and again, called him a bard while asking him to relate the story of his journey. His eye twitched this time, and he fixed her with a suspicious look. Was she trying to bait him? Or had she simply misunderstood his desires to be called a minstrel? "I'm afraid I don't know who you refer to, pretty Ceridwen, you see, I am Cael, the Minstrel." He delighted in watching her reaction to his words before pressing on with his offer to tell her his story. "I tell you what, as Cael, the Minstrel, I will bargain my tale with you. You do haggle, I presume? For every part of my story that I tell you, you must purchase with a kiss upon my lips. Sound fair?"
 
Last edited:
Ceridwen

"I'm afraid I don't know who you refer to, pretty Ceridwen, you see, I am Cael, the Minstrel." The words struck her softly, with no malice, but with a twinge of...something. Her eyes widened as she quickly thought back over what he had said, and suddenly realized she had misheard what he had said. Oh no....it must have looked like she was deliberately being sly....and then to bring up the destruction of his instrument, which obviously was precious to him..... Ceridwen felt her cheeks stain as red as a rose, and she could tell he was enjoying her discomfort. Taking a deep breath, she prepared to apologize for her mistake, but he was already continuing.

"I tell you what, as Cael, the Minstrel, I will bargain my tale with you. You do haggle, I presume? For every part of my story that I tell you, you must purchase with a kiss upon my lips. Sound fair?" He was watching her closely, those distracting blue eyes fixed on her, a sly smile playing about his lips. To pay a kiss for each part of his tale could be a dangerous game indeed, she thought. In fact, she had a feeling she might be playing with fire just getting too close to him, much less kissing him. Still, the thought of those full and sensual lips against her own was almost too exciting to pass up. He had asked about haggling....alright....Ceridwen would show him just what haggling was all about then.

Pulling herself to her full height of five feet, she stared back at him, a small smile on her own lips. "Haggling you want, Cael the Minstrel? Well, haggling you shall get. I propose you tell me your tale and if I deem it worthy, I shall give you one kiss on your lips." Ceridwen smiled at the expression on his face, as turn about seemed fair play to her. "Hasn't anyone ever told you not to haggle with a gypsy?" Her light laugh took any sting out of the words, so he would know she was joking.
 
Cael

"Very well then, if that is the best offer you can give me, okay." Cael scooted up Ceridwens bed so that his back rested against the head board and he could turn his focus upon her while he told his tale. "My childhood was fairly normal, to be sure, dangerously near to being boring in fact. I enjoyed it, I suppose, but I always felt as though I longed for something more than our small plot of land, and the common daughters that grew up about me. I felt presured to chose one to court, but I rebelled against it, as I wanted someone more... Exotic to me. In my mid teens, the romans came, a dark haired, painted woman, her eyes were lined with coal. She was like nothing I had ever seen, so, like a fool, I sought to court her. No one approved, after all, they were there, on our tiny island to take our land away from us, and use us till we were bled dry. But I was blind to all that. I sought this woman, and as im sure you can guess by now, I was not likely to stop until I had at least tasted her. My overtures were all met with dismissive indiference before her guardsmen led me away at sword point. But I kept coming back, the love sick pup that I was. She saw in me a means to an ends, apparently, one day and to my surprise, after months of trying to meet her face to face, her guards led me to her bed chambers. You can imagine that I was overly excited, not only was I about to meet her, but in her bed chambers, where she slept, in the nude, or so I lustfully imagined." At this, Cael ran his hands along the soft fabric covering Ceridwens bed, as though he were testing to see how smooth it was.

He cleared his throat and continued. "She didn't fail to surprise me, she circled about me like a snake, I thought it was alluring, and told her so, she smiled slightly, but did not speak. I was begining to wonder if she could. It was odd how she seemed to be summing me up. But I decided to hide nothing and stuck out my chest so that she could see the better parts of me. She finall spoke then saying 'why is it you court me, young man, don't you know I am your enemy?' I told her that a woman so beautiful could not possibly do me any ill. 'I like your confidence, perhaps you would care to stay and enjoy some wine with me?' she asked with a soft voice. I noticed that one of the guards left when she nodded to him. I thought it was to bring the wine she had mentioned. But another returned with a bottle. This struck me odd, for you see, when she had come to the island, she had only brought four men to protect her in her keep. More would surely come soon, but for the time, she kept two near her at all times and two to guard the front. I knew all this as I was reluctently drawn into a doomed plan for the locals to storm the keep... We sat together and she poured the wine and we talked for some time, about frivolous stuff, until I purposefully gave her a hint of being tipsy from the wine. I saw a flash in her eyes at that as she poured more wine, asking me if I was enjoying it. She had slipped some sort of powder into my cup, I had seen as I pretended to lean back and close my eyes with a happy sigh. It was a very dry wine, and though I felt fine, I commented on how dry it was and suggested that we have some fruit or something brought in. She did her best to accomodate. She turned to one of the guards and snapped her fingers for some food to be brought. While she looked away, I quickly exchanged cups with her..."

"I knew what was about to come, and it saddened me greatly, I lost my childish belief that women were benivolent does that day... We drank, and not more than a breath after she had swallowed, she revealed to me her entire wicked game. She had me here so that no one could warn my family that her men were coming to kill them all, in their sleep. I glared at her, as she smiled evily at me. She proceeded to tell me not to worry, that I would soon follow them to my grave. at that, I stared at her emptily. 'oh, don't be so glum, boy, you got your hearts desire, you got to come to my bed chambers and make me... Happy. very... very... happy.' She was begining to sweat, and I know the poison she had ment for me was killing her. I watched her in silent fury as she rose, touching her cheek and looking at her cup. I stood as well when she flung it away, letting out a choked cry to her men. They came running and she cast herself into their arms as I saw my one chance to flee. I bolted for the door, dodging the one man who could have stopped me as the sickening choaks of the roman woman trailed off behind me."

Cael stopped for a moment, to look at Ceridwen, to gage her reaction to his tale, thus far.
 
Ceridwen

Cael's voice rose and fell with his tale, and Ceridwen could hear the pain in his voice. He met her eyes, but seemed far away, reliving the events he spoke of. She saw pain and sadness revealed in his eyes, that he was probably not even aware of, and her heart ached for him. His voice was so melodic, she felt she could have listened to him speak all day, and what it must be like to hear him sing! He was truly regretful over his deed, and she wondered if he felt guilty about being forced to cause the woman's death even now. This explained much about him...why he had said such vile things at first and why he was so mistrustful of her, although he seemed to be relaxing in her presence more. She could tell he was still on guard, but he was willing to talk to her and that was a start.

When he stopped, he seemed to be waiting to see what she might do or say. Ceridwen was certain that some part of him feared that she would reject him now, and think vile thoughts of him. She sat down on the edge of the bed, and instinctively took his hand in her own. Giving him a sad smile, she said softly "Do you think I would not understand your mistrust...hatred even....of a people that are foreign to you? You forget just who I am, and how many strangers have forced us to leave. They call us names and spit at us. I understand very well protecting yourself and your family. Evil should be stopped no matter who the evildoer may be." Her expression turned somewhat tender as she continued to gaze into his eyes. A soft smile touched her lips, and she said, "I believe I will amend our bargain just a bit....I think such courage in one so young deserves a reward of some kind..."

She raised her hand to Cael's cheek and gently touched his warm skin. Carefully, so as not to hurt his injured nose, she pressed her lips softly to his.
 
It had thrown him at first that his tale had not disturbed her, but Ceridwen's kind, reasuring words heartened him, and he let out a soft sigh as he gazed upon her, wondering at how tender she was toward him. After having seen her bite, this sweetness from her was like nothing he had expected. And her gentle kiss, glory, he felt his manhood arise at the first second. He encircled her in his arms and with another sensual sigh, deepened their kiss, urging her to part her tender lips with his tongue as he supported the nape of her neck with his hands.
 
Ceridwen

As soon as her lips touched Cael's, Ceridwen felt a spark of something she had never felt before, and it shook her to her core. She felt his arms go around her, felt his strength, felt him deepen the kiss, and knew she should pull back. Yes, she knew she should, but....she couldn't. She was not physically capable at that moment of doing anything but letting him hold and responding. As he pressed the tip of his tongue against her soft lips, she could not deny him entrance, any more than she could stop her heart from racing at his touch.

Cael's hands were under her hair, touching her nape, and she found her own hands moving to the back of his neck, wanting to keep his lips on hers. Ceridwen forgot about his painful nose, or that she might hurt him, as she felt a passion she had never felt before heating her blood. She let her tongue dance with his, her body trembling. She knew there was the very real possibility she could lose her maidenhood at this moment to a man she scarcely knew, and yet....at the moment she cared not a whit. He would be a very talented lover, she was quite sure, and her pulse thrummed with anticipation, as she felt each sensation flow through her. She moaned softly against his lips, feeling her nipples harden against her blouse, and a moistness seep between her thighs.
 
With a lustful utterance, Cael sensed Ceridwen's doe-like heat build. It was like the soft alluring scent of jasmine, as it brought his focus wholey upon her, her beating heart, her fluttering breath, the flush of heat in her cheeks, her breast, and most likely, her loins as well. He grazed his hands along her body, exploring her form like a blind man would, Botticelli's venus.

The heat that was pumping through his own blood afforded him the ability to ignore any discomfort he would have otherwise felt from such close, lustful contact as their tongues writhed about one another, like two vipers dueling. The beauty of it, she was far superior, naturally, than any other woman he had kissed. Many of them could not keep from using their tongues as though the were stirring spoons, going from the slow seduction of an asp, to that of a humming bird without warning, or reason. The simpletons actually thought that was more sexual, or something. Thank the gods that Ceridwen was different, perfect even.

His hand had traveled from her neck to her breasts, where he ran the pad of his thumb over the hardened nub of her nipple, through her cloths, until he heard her breath catch in her throat. A wicked grin turned up at the corner of his lips at that, and he resolved to see if he could draw a moan from her as he slid his hand down, down, and down to caress her inner thigh, splitting her awareness between the kiss, his hand upon her breast, and now, his other hand, so near to that treasure he dearly wanted to plunder. But gods, he found she was damp with the sweet dew of desire, and he was the one to catch his breath.

She came to the realization that he was mere inches from her sex, or so it would seem as she grasped his wrist to still his progress. He drew his lips back just enough to speak, his breath hot like the licks of a potters kiln upon her chin. "Don't fret, sweet doe, I will not penetrate, just let yourself enjoy my touch, but for a moment longer, please?" His voice was a whaft of ebony silk against her face, so deep and marked with hot passion that he was sure it would cause her to swoon.
 
Ceridwen

By the Gods, she must be in Heaven! The rapture Ceridwen was feeling was like nothing she had ever experienced before. Idris' passionate and sensual kisses paled as if they were nothing in comparison to Cael. His skilled hands moved over her upper body and back with the ease of much practice. She knew there was no telling how many lasses he had bedded, but she found she didn't care. She only wanted to keep experiecing the feelings and sensations that he was causing in her now.

His thumb grazing her nipple caused her to stop breathing for a few moments. A bolt of fire shot through her entire body, making every inch of her tingle, and she imagined what it would feel like if he was touching her bare skin. She felt her womanhood ripe and wet with desire, and then the alarming sensation of one of his hands moving slowly downward as if to explore her netherlips. She caught his wrist with fingers that trembled in both fear and longing. "Don't fret, sweet doe, I will not penetrate, just let yourself enjoy my touch, but for a moment longer, please?" Cael's lips still brushed hers as he spoke, his breath warm and his voice soothing and gentle.

Ceridwen held his wrist a moment longer, then relaxed, allowing him to continue his exploration. She felt the warmth of his hand as he trailed downward, and then he was cupping her sex through her clothing. She moaned softly against his mouth, and felt his fingers massaging her, sliding against her softness, but keeping to his word not to penetrate her. Without thought, she pushed her hips slightly upward, against his palm. She did not fight him when he sat up a bit and pushed her gently to the bed, his hand still exploring her down below. She could feel a hardness pressing into her thigh and knew he wanted her.

Cael's mouth pressed into hers a bit more deeply, and Ceridwen raised her arms to clasp his neck, exposing her breasts to his touch or kiss....whatever he might choose. She had abandoned all reason at this point. She felt his hand moving from right to left, caressing and playing with her. He pulled at the drawstring on her bodice and began to loosen it, drawing her top downward, exposing just the tops of her creamy breasts, and kissing the exposed flesh.
 
Cael

Cael lidded his eyes as he lowered his head to Ceridwens bare breast, and his fingers continued to play figure eights along the nub of her pleasure. Her acceptance of his touch was a welcome change from some of the jaded women he had recently had to work so hard to woo, it was sweet and comforting. He let her know how deeply it affected him worlessly, by pressing his firm man hood against her thigh. He lifted away from her breast after a long passionate moment of suckling upon it, and looked deep into her eyes, his own having dialated with the lusts he felt for her.

And as he looked into her eyes, his lips curled up into a roguish smile while he played his fingers along the now slickened flesh of her aroused sex. "Feel the heat building in your womb, sweet doe? Ah, its like liquid fire, isn't it? Scorching you from within, soon it will burst free, my gentle dear, and you'll be reborn like the phoenix, an exalted creature of such power. How I lust to see you become like the eye of a star, not long now, I can feel you trembling with its nearness, oh, but you are like a river, your waters rushing about my fingers, by the horened god, I would swim in you, but for my promise." Cael whispered, his voice groing more and more husky as he built her to the edge of a water fall, if you will, and tenuously held her there for several long breaths.

The moment was suddenly shattered by a persistant knock at her door. "Daughter, aprentice, it is I, you're Iachawr teacher, answer the door child, do not keep your mentor waiting so!" A raspy woman's voice called in annoyance from outside. Cael drew away from Ceridwen, leaving her panting softly as her eyes flung open in startled fear. "You're mentor calls, sweet doe..." He repeated cockily as he leanded against the head board and brought his wet fingers to his mouth, to clean them of her juices, his man hood erecting his breeches like a tent. "You should answer." He urged her after he drew his fingers from his mouth.
 
Ceridwen

An ache built in her body as Cael's mouth caressed her, moving her top downward until he had bared her breast. His lips fastened on her nipple and Ceridwen felt the pull as he suckled her. Her nails bit into his back as she arched, to allow greater access. When he lifted his head, his hooded eyes met her own passion-glazed stare.

He was touching her down below still, teasing the moisture from her and sending her slowly toward a crest. He was speaking, but in her aroused state, she could not have repeated a word he was saying. All she knew was that she was burning for a release that only he could give her. Just as she felt she was about to plunge over an edge, the rapping on her wagonside knocked her back to earth. She shook her head dazedly, recognizing Glyns' voice calling to her.

Ceridwen tried to catch her breath as she watched her almost-lover casually cleaning his fingers from her moisture. Cael was obviously aroused, but seemed perfectly at ease with not completing what they had started. She felt confused and shaken, as she rose and straightened her clothing, not bothering to reply to him. Stepping quickly to the doorway, she pulled back the curtain and ushered the old woman inside.

"I am sorry to have kept you waiting, Dysgwr," Ceridwen said apologetically. "I was..."

Glyns interrupted her, seeing the young man sprawled on her bed, his erection just beginning to deflate. "I can see what you were doing, my efrydydd . I was young once myself, do not forget. I became concerned when you did not answer my first three knocks, however." There was a twinkle in her dark eyes. She walked over to the bed, looking Cael up and down, as if measuring him. "Well, for a ymwthiwr , he's quite handsome, my girl. I don't blame you." She cackled.

Turning her attention from Cael, the old woman looked at Ceridwen. "We have much work to do yet, my efrydydd, as Midnight will arrive before we know it. She will not be pleased if preparations are not at the ready for her Seremoni. Remember, at that time, you will become the official Iachawr of our Tribe."

Nodding slowly, the girl said, "Yes, Dysgwr, I remember. I have my seremoni dylledyn almost completed. It will be done in two days I believe."

"Very good. Do not let yourself be distracted by..." Glyns paused for a moment, then continued. "Other things, my dear. You have spent far too long training and preparing for this moment. I must go for now, but meet me at dusk and we shall speak of the Seremoni more." Looking back at Cael, she gave him a solemn stare. "Beware that you do not distract our Ceridwen from her chosen path, Ymwthiwr," she said with great seriousness. "Otherwise, much harm will come to all." With this dark and prophetic saying, she moved away and out of sight.

Ceridwen looked back at Cael to see what he might be thinking.
 
Cael sat silently, breathing in the lingering scent of sex as Ceridwen and her teacher exchanged words, and while the elder woman came to appraise him. He gave her an appreciative smirk at her compliment. Then came her warning to not distract Ceridwen while she made ready for some cerimony. He gave her a slight nod, one of acknowledgment, rather than committal.

When the elder woman had gone, Ceridwen turned to face him, flushed and lovely as could be, reguarding him with a look of curiocity, as though she wasn't sure what he might do if she approached him. "You worry over my intentions, darling doe? No need to, if I distract you from your goal, you have but to tell me, and I will relent, always. But I tell you now, I seek to lay with you, your scent has captured my mind and soul, and has bound me to it. We both know your flesh craves my touch. And I crave to touch it..."
 
Ceridwen

Not quite sure what Cael was going to say about Glyns and her warnings, Ceridwen looked into the piercing blue gaze that met her own, the hint of a cocky smile still playing about his lips. Mentally, she shook her head, thinking that he certainly had not needed to hear the older woman's appreciation of his form. She realized then that he had not bothered to cover himself the entire time that her Teacher had been there. She did not approach the bed, watching him and wondering what his thoughts might contain. He did not keep her waiting.

"You worry over my intentions, darling doe? No need to, if I distract you from your goal, you have but to tell me, and I will relent, always. But I tell you now, I seek to lay with you, your scent has captured my mind and soul, and has bound me to it. We both know your flesh craves my touch. And I crave to touch it..."

Cael's husky tone and the images he was creating in her mind, caused a shiver to course through Ceridwen's still aroused form. Without thought, she took a step toward the bed, and then another, before stopping herself. She saw that his cock was again fully erect, and his eyes gleamed as if she were a tasty morsel he couldn't wait to ingest. She felt the warmth between her thighs and the slickness of her cleft where he had been touching her not long before. Gods help her, she wanted him, but there was too much to do at the moment. Taking a deep breath, she backed slowly away from the bed and its inhabitant. "I am sorry, Minstrel Cael, but I have work to do before I meet with Glyns later. You should get some rest now. I will return in awhile and see to your bandages again, and get you something to eat."

Without giving him time to say another word, her emotions and very flesh in turmoil, Ceridwen hurried out of the wagon and over to her Grandfather's to gather her seremoni dylledyn, the ceremonial clothing she would be wearing the night of the feast. Every stitch of the garments had to be prepared by her own hands, as well as any decoration that adorned her. Besides her priodas cyweirio, the wedding garment she would hopefully wear someday, this would be the most important clothing she had ever worn.

Seating herself in her favorite spot beneath the shade of the trees, her materials spread about her, Ceridwen worked quickly and neatly. When it was time to stop to check on Cael, she had accomplished a great deal and was very pleased. Putting her things away, she stopped and made sure her Grandfather was cared for, then moved back to her own wagon, to feed her 'guest'.
 
Cael's blood burned as Ceridwen stepped closer to the bed where he lay, and his smile deepened as his eyes flashed with dangerous lust. Come closer, he urged silently with his eyes, thinking that he had her in his grasp. She stopped herself though, before entering the bed with him. Her eyes fell upon his blatantly exposed erection, then lifted to his to look into his own, as they burned with predatory hunger.

With a slow clensing breath, Ceridwen drew away, appologising. A teasing smile graced Caels lips as he watched her leave. Once she had gone, he slipped out of bed and went about exploring her room, searching for anything that could tell him more about her, her life, her needs, desires, anything that he could use to ensnare her heart. Knowledge is power after all, and he lusted for her so badly that he did not see the wrong in invading her privicy to find some small kernal of knowledge that might just lead her to bed with him.

He found a worn leather jaketed diary, and his eyes smiled at it as he went to sit at the edge of her bed, he kept one ear open for the sound of anyones approach to the wagon so that he could quickly hide it back where he had found it, hidden amongst Ceridwens dainty undercloths, that he had taken some few moments to examine.

He began to read what she had written.

OOC: Giving you an opportunity to fill in what he's reading, as it would be from your characters perspective, Leetah.
 
Back
Top