TVs
Computers
Cars
Snowblower
Lawn Mower
Clothes
Toilet paper
Food

otherwise, we have a lot of things older than ten years old, mostly furniture and a lot of books, and such.
The SO, kidlets, and me.

Most things are older than 10 years.
What isn't? Hmmm...major stuff:
TV maybe, but not sure since it was given to us.
Some of the book shelves, some books, most of the DVD's, but most of the VHS are older than 10.
My camera.
The laptop I'm using right now might be, but I can't remember, bought it on craigslist for $40.
Some of our dishes are newer than 10 because my wife didn't like the crappy stuff I had.
We have a double boiler insert newer than 10.
Oh, '95 and '97 cars.
Oh, microwave we bought at a yard sale for $40 is newer than 10.
Of course a number small things.

Most things are older than 10 years.
What isn't? Hmmm...major stuff:
TV maybe, but not sure since it was given to us.
Some of the book shelves, some books, most of the DVD's, but most of the VHS are older than 10.
My camera.
The laptop I'm using right now might be, but I can't remember, bought it on craigslist for $40.
Some of our dishes are newer than 10 because my wife didn't like the crappy stuff I had.
We have a double boiler insert newer than 10.
Oh, '95 and '97 cars.
Oh, microwave we bought at a yard sale for $40 is newer than 10.
Of course a number small things.

Computers more than 10 years old are still useable?

I have a fleece blanket which is 17 years old, the quality is still very good and it can keep us warm in winter.

I'm thinking what else in my home which are more than 10 years old, not many actually.

Notebooks for my dairy, one old suitcase, few books, some licenses and cereficates...I can't figure out anything else...

How about you? Which items are more than 10 years old in your home?

I have two dressers that are from the 40's as well as a vanity.

I have a few sweatshirts that are 20 years old.

Love letter from my grandparents ... from the 40's as well.

Boxes of photos of my family ... oldest 90 years old.

A skeleton key of my grandfathers, 30 years old, I carry on my key ring.

I have two dressers that are from the 40's as well as a vanity.

I have a few sweatshirts that are 20 years old.

Love letter from my grandparents ... from the 40's as well.

Boxes of photos of my family ... oldest 90 years old.

A skeleton key of my grandfathers, 30 years old, I carry on my key ring.

Skeleton Key? You mean it was made of your grandfather's bone?:rose:

Skeleton Key? You mean it was made of your grandfather's bone?:rose:

You want me to shove that :rose:up your bum?

I'm so sad now that I know there's no huggy smiley.

skeleton-key.jpg

Computers more than 10 years old are still useable?
Depends on what you're doing. I mostly use it for forums, online shopping and email.
I had a newer one but the mainboard died and I haven't gotten around to replacing it.

Century old home itself.
VHS movies
Apple granny doll
David Beckett oil painting
Boudoir pro photos
Grandfather Clock
Steiff bear
The cat
Clothes
Bedroom suite

lots more I'm sure, but it just gets even more boring as I go.

78 rpm single-sided records made before 1900.

I sometimes play them on my wind-up gramophone.

Lots of things like books, vinyls, furniture, clothes, jewellery.... plus all that shit I really should throw out but never do because.... well, it might come in handy one day. :rolleyes:

The oldest thing I have is a bronze Roman coin (emperor Valentinian II) that I found in my back garden when I first moved in. Thinking I found something worth a fortune, I took it to the British Museum to have it valued and was given a value of around 4 quid. Well, that was in the early 90 so maybe it's worth more now :)

Me. I just got to thinking that my microwave is 27 years old. Is that still safe?:eek:

Most of my guitars are over 10 years old as is most of my furniture. My truck is 12 years old. Stove and fridge are probably around 20. Quite a few old lps too

Let's see there's my children's mother,
then there is my dog,
the bed,
the living room furniture,
the kitchen furniture,
the bedroom furniture,
the dishes,
the silverware,
the pots and pans,
the TV in the bedroom(the one in the living room is only two years old)
and
I think there's a piece of lint floating around under the bed somewhere that is definitely over 10 years old.

Lots of items that others have already mentioned.

But some I still keep that I should probably part with (or sell online):

My collection of Vanity Fair magazines still in their unopened mailing sleeves all stacked in a huge silver plastic bin.

VHS tapes, cassette tapes, cassette singles, old CDs... gawd. My vinyls are safe up north, tho.

Team sweatshirts and old t-shirts with even Michael Jordan with an afro! from back in the day. Tons of Bulls, Bears stuff and so much more.

My mom's, grandma's, great grandmother's stuff - I will die before departing with them. But who knew that a single fork that I took from my Grandmother's house right before she died would matter so much to me.

Or her little Christmas Elves. I have all of my Grandmother's Christmas Elves and display them each Xmas on my Hutch. Turns out someone wrote a book and currently sells newer versions of such for "Elf On A Shelf" for $40 a pop.

Aw geez at least 12 guns, prolly some ammo for 'em, a couple knives, the Japanese grenades grandpa brought back, my wig...(no, that's 7 actually) my first leopard thong, my Navy uniform and P coat, buncha old pics, buncha old Playboys and Penthouse (actually in storage) .*****bably some other shit.

Nice to see LIT is now PC and censoring shit. (NOT!)

Aw geez at least 12 guns, prolly some ammo for 'em, a couple knives, the Japanese grenades grandpa brought back, my wig...(no, that's 7 actually) my first leopard thong, my Navy uniform and P coat, buncha old pics, buncha old Playboys and Penthouse (actually in storage) .*****bably some other shit.

Nice to see LIT is now PC and censoring shit. (NOT!)

Well, 7 wigs?

Adopting a kitten takes more background checks than getting your 12 guns, Big Dicked Man. :)

Well, 7 wigs?

Adopting a kitten takes more background checks than getting your 12 guns, Big Dicked Man. :)

Not 7 wigs!!! You don't adopt a friggin' cat, it adopts YOU! "Hey. I'm a lonely, wayward cat feed me fucker."

And you do and that's it. Congratulations.

I like old houses, but here in China, it's hard for houses to live more than 30 years...

I like my old house, too, but they are more maintenance than the newer ones are.

I would have thought you would have many old houses in China. Live and learn . . . .

A kitten does have a way with adopting you and after a decade, it's not like it becomes disposable.

Back