The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last time (about two weeks ago) it was a new technician. She had trouble getting a vein lined up, so after two failed attempts, I did it myself.

Have a glass of good Port; it's a sovereign remedy for bloody stuff.
And it's a bloody good drink.

Thank you, HP. A bit of the porto is quite salubrious.

(By the way, I don't mind taking my own blood; been doing it for years in my courses.)

The thing that bugs me about it is the lack of lubrication when the needle goes in.
That's what sore!

The thing that bugs me about it is the lack of lubrication when the needle goes in.
That's what sore!

Can't lube the needle - that would compromise sterility (and it really wouldn't help anyway). The sensory nerves are further apart at the elbow, so there's a better chance of missing them; they're much denser on the back of the hand. The bigger problem is alignment - if the needle doesn't track straight into the vein, you'll get pain and bruising.

Alright, just about to board the plane. Rolf, a drink before takeoff please.

Place your stewardess in the upright position and unbuckle.... uh... sorry that's the landing statement not the take off. Or is it? :confused:

Been a while since I've been on a commercial airlines.

Place your stewardess in the upright position and unbuckle.... uh... sorry that's the landing statement not the take off. Or is it? :confused:

Been a while since I've been on a commercial airlines.

Poor, confused Texan.

An interesting night . . . .

Had class this evening. We're doing a group project, and this evening we had to write up a proposal on the project as if our professor was our boss. Since I'm the group leader, I wrote the proposal. Basically, the proposal concerns opening a Star Wars-themed bar.

The professor decided he wanted to go ahead and read it before I submitted it to the online dropbox. He smiled as he read over the proposal, and at the end made the following comment:

"Now, you guys don't remember when the first Star Wars came out, but I saw it in the theater when I was a teenager."

I looked up at him. "Just how young do you think I am?"

So he looks at me, walks around to the other side of my desk and looks at me some more. Finally, he says, "You're thirty-one."

I grinned. "Thank you."

He frowned. "Well, how old are you?"

"I'm forty-one."

Now, keep in mind that my professor is a very well-spoken man. Most of the time, he speaks eloquently and concisely. But, he is also a large black man who spent his youth on the wrong side of Memphis.

So he gives me a look that tells me -- in a friendly way -- that he thinks I'm full of it. "No, you ain't!" he barked, suddenly sounding like Jay-Z.

I laughed. So did most of the class. "Yes I is!" I snapped back.

I ended up having to show him my license to prove I was right.

And he thought he was aging well. :p

Oh no! you were drinking port in here and I missed it. A tawny or a ruby?

Tio, I hope you weren't having to give the blood for any particular reason; that you as well as Shea are quite well.
:rose:

LOL, Willie. Always nice to be thought one of the young up-and-coming crew - oh, you are one of the young up-and-coming crew :eek:. Forgive a li'l ole lady, woncha? ;)

Hey! TX, HP, Molly and John. Cup of coffee anyone? And I'm about to put on pasta salad for Piglet (made with tiny star-shaped pasta and carrots cut into flowers), if anyone wishes to put in an order. Sandwiches cut into cute creature shapes can also be requested. :)

It's a bright clear rainwashed dawn here in Wales. The rain has not come in through the livingroom wall so one hopes the most recent building work has done its job. My main MILF friend, the Swiss Army wife, has a plan to go picking wild garlic later to make pestou!
:nana:

LOL, Willie. Always nice to be thought one of the young up-and-coming crew - oh, you are one of the young up-and-coming crew :eek:. Forgive a li'l ole lady, woncha? ;)

You make it sound as if you're knocking on the door of the ninety-somethings. :p

Still, I don't plan on aging any time soon. I fully intend to be spry and lucid when I celebrate my 100th birthday in 59 years ;)

Have fun picking garlic. Just don't pick your nose at the same time; you'll never get the smell out . . . .

You make it sound as if you're knocking on the door of the ninety-somethings. :p

Still, I don't plan on aging any time soon. I fully intend to be spry and lucid when I celebrate my 100th birthday in 59 years ;)

Have fun picking garlic. Just don't pick your nose at the same time; you'll never get the smell out . . . .

:eek: do you mind! When I pick my nose I do it very delicately and concentrate hard on it, not mindlessly blow the delicious experience while out in the wild woods with my friends.

I do really like being 50. I feel better now than I have in years. I feel like I'm an old lady so I don't have to care, LOL. I intend to age disgracefully and embarrass Piglet for a long long time to come <snerk>.

:eek: do you mind! When I pick my nose I do it very delicately and concentrate hard on it, not mindlessly blow the delicious experience while out in the wild woods with my friends.

I do really like being 50. I feel better now than I have in years. I feel like I'm an old lady so I don't have to care, LOL. I intend to age disgracefully and embarrass Piglet for a long long time to come <snerk>.

Let me quote that and read it to my wife, who seems to think that 40 will be the end of her life as she knows it. ;)

Let me quote that and read it to my wife, who seems to think that 40 will be the end of her life as she knows it. ;)

I thought that too! I had Piglet and moved into suburbia, leaving queer London behind me.

The next 10 years were so effing boring you would not believe, dahlink! But 50 is fabulous! I can flirt outrageously cuz I am too old to take it seriously <snerk>. The cubs are starting to be of an age when they could be my grandchildren - actually I don't flirt with those ones, that does seem a bit <meh> and they look less like breakfast and more like unsatisfying small sweeties.
;)

ETA: and speaking of breakfast, does anyone want any pain perdu? I made it with multigrain bread last time cuz we had no white, and it was so delicious I'm going to do it again. Sorry it's so healthy! :)

I thought that too! I had Piglet and moved into suburbia, leaving queer London behind me.

The next 10 years were so effing boring you would not believe, dahlink! But 50 is fabulous! I can flirt outrageously cuz I am too old to take it seriously <snerk>. The cubs are starting to be of an age when they could be my grandchildren - actually I don't flirt with those ones, that does seem a bit <meh> and they look less like breakfast and more like unsatisfying small sweeties.
;)

ETA: and speaking of breakfast, does anyone want any pain perdu? I made it with multigrain bread last time cuz we had no white, and it was so delicious I'm going to do it again. Sorry it's so healthy! :)

She'll learn; she doesn't realize how sexy she is, despite my constant attempts to remind her. I'm actually looking forward to the next decade, since she'll give a shit less about what people think and revel in her natural glory. ;)

And this is a woman who gets hit on at the grocery store almost every time she goes there, and by boys half her age . . . .

Uh, no "pain" for me. I rather prefer my breakfast without complications. :p

She'll learn; she doesn't realize how sexy she is, despite my constant attempts to remind her. I'm actually looking forward to the next decade, since she'll give a shit less about what people think and revel in her natural glory. ;)

And this is a woman who gets hit on at the grocery store almost every time she goes there, and by boys half her age . . . .

Uh, no "pain" for me. I rather prefer my breakfast without complications. :p

Jeez, I was just like that. Men chucking themselves down my cleavage and me going, "Oh I am so unattractive, I am just a mom now." (Hopefully :rolleyes:.) But I learnt to play with it a bit now and enjoy it.

Um, I mean - just a tubby ex rugby player here, y'know. No accounting for some people's tastes. ;).

Oh dear, it's time to put on Wham's Wake Me Up Before you Go Go. :devil: They are not moving!

Jeez, I was just like that. Men chucking themselves down my cleavage and me going, "Oh I am so unattractive, I am just a mom now." (Hopefully :rolleyes:.) But I learnt to play with it a bit now and enjoy it.

Um, I mean - just a tubby ex rugby player here, y'know. No accounting for some people's tastes. ;).

Oh dear, it's time to put on Wham's Wake Me Up Before you Go Go. :devil: They are not moving!

Oh, stop with the self-deprecating come-downs. :p You're a MILF and you know it.

Uh, did you say Wham?

Gawd, now I'm thinking back to my tender teenage years in the eighties, when George Michael was straight and every guy in the world had to have five o'clock shadow and wear cowboy boots to be cool . . . .

Oh, stop with the self-deprecating come-downs. :p You're a MILF and you know it.

Uh, did you say Wham?

Gawd, now I'm thinking back to my tender teenage years in the eighties, when George Michael was straight and every guy in the world had to have five o'clock shadow and wear cowboy boots to be cool . . . .

Well, I know it now, after all the builders I've had to chuck out of my kitchen :rolleyes: but I seriously thought I was peacefully old back then.

How can anyone have supposed George Michael was straight with lines like 'you make the sun shine brighter than Doris Day'! :D

I must run now!
:kiss:

Well, I know it now, after all the builders I've had to chuck out of my kitchen :rolleyes: but I seriously thought I was peacefully old back then.

How can anyone have supposed George Michael was straight with lines like 'you make the sun shine brighter than Doris Day'! :D

I must run now!
:kiss:

It was the same logic that kept homophobic men from realizing that Rob Halford, of Judas Priest, was also gay.

We saw what we wanted to see. ;)

Mind you, aside from George Michael's embarrassing public toilet fiasco, I still thought he was pretty cool . . . mostly.

Coffee? Yes please!

Good morning, made it home safe and sound last night, said hello to the cats, then fell right asleep. I have a day off today before I go back to the drudgery of work tomorrow.

As I sat looking at my screen, having spent most of the afternoon trying to sort out some decent sound for my PC, I was amazed to hear some real tune.
THe sound of birdsong; right outside my window.

Pure Magic.
:)

Hullo dahlinks! Prosecco was reduced by a third! in our local Co-op supermarket. Shoulda bought 3 bottles, never mind, I'll go back tomorrow. By now I have nearly finished most of one - apart from half a glass my main MILF friend, the Swiss Army wife, had. And y'know what, I feel great! LOL.

I was going to save some of it and poach a salmon fillet, but I figure I can just buy some more!
:nana::nana::nana:

No, you can't have a glass. Oh, OK then. Only if you buy me a bottle tomorrow. :rolleyes:

And yes, you can chuck juice in this one and make mimosas without causing Tio and me heartburn, LOL. Prosecco is just for fun, it's not like Bollinger or Roederer Cristal or *saintly voices singing in the background* the Widow.

Hullo dahlinks! Prosecco was reduced by a third! in our local Co-op supermarket. Shoulda bought 3 bottles, never mind, I'll go back tomorrow. By now I have nearly finished most of one - apart from half a glass my main MILF friend, the Swiss Army wife, had. And y'know what, I feel great! LOL.

I was going to save some of it and poach a salmon fillet, but I figure I can just buy some more!
:nana::nana::nana:

No, you can't have a glass. Oh, OK then. Only if you buy me a bottle tomorrow. :rolleyes:

And yes, you can chuck juice in this one and make mimosas without causing Tio and me heartburn, LOL. Prosecco is just for fun, it's not like Bollinger or Roederer Cristal or *saintly voices singing in the background* the Widow.

What if I buy two bottles for you? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back