Blase's Beach House

Blase

Sub Whisperer
Joined
Jun 7, 2006
Posts
3,262
I think I need a place of my own here. There are some great people on Lit and I'd like to get to know a few more of you.

So, let's put out the welcome mat and see what develops...

It may take me awhile to get things built out, but for starters...

Why not a beach house? One that sits on a rocky coast where the sky is blue, the sun is bright and the water is warm.

Maybe I'll just sit here on this flat rock for awhile and see who, if anyone, wants to come by and talk. There's plenty of room to sit, and a couple easy steps put you into water about waist-deep, should anyone feel like a swim.

Dress code? Utterly informal. I'm sitting here in my swim trunks, but that may change if I actually decide to swim. Ladies and gents can make their own choices.

So, please feel free to stop by and talk about anything from chocolate to the Large Hadron Collider. Conversation and laughter - as well as comfortable silences - will be commonplace, I hope. Naughtiness and nudity will be encouraged and appreciated.

And it all starts here, at the junction of (apologies to Stephen R. Donaldson) stone and sea...
 
I don't think I've ever seen you on here before...so I'll stop in and say hello :)

Boy, I guess I've been keeping a lower profile than I thought! I've been here, with a few gaps, since 2006!

Thanks for saying hi, sensualdreamer!
 
Hi Blase, welcome to Lit.

Let me help you out here a bit ...

picnic-basket2.jpg


6a00d8341c4fe353ef0120a4fda92e970b-800wi.jpg
 
Congrats on the new Beach House Blase. It's good to see you've come out of hiding.

*pulls up a chair and pops a bottle of bubbly*
 
Why, Thank you, Miss texas! Sometimes I forget the basics. :eek:

Nice to meet you, Treasured!

*pulls up a chair myself*
 
*pours myself a drink*

Yeah, it just seemed like it was time for my own place - time for something, anyway.

I'd like to get to know some people in more depth. Hanging out and meeting people through personal ads can wear you down, after awhile.
 
I think maybe later on I'll make a bonfire.

It's been a year or two since the last time I sat around one of those.

Seems like a good time for it.
 
Hey sugar! I like your place. So here is a housewarming present for you from Mama's Bar

Beach Haus Cocktail

1 oz Black Haus® blackberry schnapps
1 oz Captain Morgan® Silver spiced rum
2 oz pineapple juice

Pour Black Haus blackberry schnapps and Captain Morgan rum into a wine globlet with ice. Top with pineapple juice, garnish with a pineapple spear and a maraschino cherry, and serve.

Now let me find my book, so I can sit and enjoy the sun. You gonna join me?
 
Hi, Blu!

Hi, Airka!

Glad you dropped in!

And thank you for the recipe, Blu - I definitely was NOT familiar with that one!
 
What are you reading these days, Blu?


Sorry. I totally missed your question. I am still slogging my way through Hemingway's Boat.

Finding that no matter what I do, I can't seem to like the guy. :(

Think I am about ready to give up and move on to something fun. [laughs]

What would you be reading on the beach?
 
Not sure I totally get the appeal of Hemingway, myself.

I love Hemingway's style. He had such a way with words-- very compact, concise. Very muscular writing.

But sometimes I have a difficult time with the man himself and I think at times that bleeds over into my reading of his work.

I really like Fitzgerald. Mmm.. The Great Gatsby has to be my favorite book of all time. :D
 
Wow, I haven't stopped by the ol' beach house in way too long!

I think I'll just sit here for a bit, leaning against the cliff while basking in the sun, and daydream...

It's been awhile since I had a congenial partner. You know, someone who's been around long enough that we've talked a bit, laughed a bit, gotten to know and like each other a bit? Or a lot...

Pity, because what could be better, on a warm and lazy day like this?

As I sit here in my swimsuit I can just imagine her coming to join me, scrambling over the rocks in her bikini. And when she reaches me and crouches to sit beside me, I indicate my lap. So she sits with her back to me and leans back, relaxing against my body. I can feel the knotted strings of her bikini against my chest. When I casually rest a hand upon her stomach, then kiss the nape of her neck, she closes her eyes...
 
*Spreading a red-checked tablecloth on the rocks*

Hmmm... Go for a swim or set the picnic up now?

Guess I'll put some food out in case anyone wanders by. Let's see... a few finger sandwiches, some deviled eggs, a bottle of red wine...

Let's hope someone happens along...
 
That's not playing fair! You know us southern girls can't resist a deviled egg. :D
 
Back
Top