Interesting youtube video about a US TV episode from 1973...

I'm glad the host puts everything in context, because it would otherwise seem pretty normal by today's standards. All the same I'm guessing the rest of the tv content of the time would have stayed homophobic up until.... when exactly?
I can't help but chuckle at the excerpt with a sinister voice over saying that 'homosexuals are promiscuous' as being a huge red flag to closeted gays, who'd be saying 'Yeay - where do I sign up?!'

The portrayal of trans folk still has some way to go. Too many feel like docufictionary as though the producers have gone out of their way to 'Do transgender' in order to hitch up to the inclusive wagon. Don't get me wrong, it's good that trans is out there but it has some ways to go before it mellows out.
 
Wow! Nice! A lot of people say that Ellen is the one who changed the world for gays. Not sure. I don't watch TV at all any more. I do think I saw all of those episodes that are featured in the video but didn't give them much thought at the time.
 
Are you folks really naive enough to click a blind link? NEVER do that. If the dipshit can't be bothered to type out a description of what the link is about, screw 'em.
 
Are you folks really naive enough to click a blind link? NEVER do that. If the dipshit can't be bothered to type out a description of what the link is about, screw 'em.

The general board is a perfect place for low-T assholes and trolls who like to post before they read. You should have figured that out over the 8 or so years you have had a username on this site.

Take a class on the English language to improve your language comprehension before making such a lame comment.
 
The general board is a perfect place for low-T assholes and trolls who like to post before they read. You should have figured that out over the 8 or so years you have had a username on this site.

Take a class on the English language to improve your language comprehension before making such a lame comment.

There is nothing to read other than a link. There is no English in your post.

attachment.php


What is interesting about it? What TV episode? What is the original source? What is it about? Why do you think anyone would want to see it?
 

Attachments

  • NonePost.jpg
    NonePost.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
There is nothing to read other than a link. There is no English in your post.

attachment.php


What is interesting about it? What TV episode? What is the original source? What is it about? Why do you think anyone would want to see it?

Dude, you are such a dense asshole: "...No English in your post...".

Did you bother to read the TITLE?

"Interesting" -- The fact that was posted under the "News and Issues" section of the "GLBT Chatter" room, so guess what, the post would be about GLBT news and issues that in MY opinion was interesting. It is NOT going to be about writing some Nigerian princess about transferring money to
your bank account. It isn't about working from home to make money -- as youtube doesn't host those kinds of videos, and I don't post such spam.

"youtube video" -- duh, if you cannot comprehend that. The link itself has www.youtube.com in the URL. It doesn't take you to some unknown website -- and most know about youtube.com.

"about a US TV episode from 1973" -- now perhaps you are young and immature, or not from the US, but that significantly reduces it down. While some cable has been around since the 1940's, it was a long time before it was very prominent. Channels like HBO didn't get started until 1972 -- one year before the subject of this episode's review. Thus for most Americans in 1973, TV consisted of CBS, NBC, ABC, and PBS. (I could post a URL to the history of cable right now, but I know you wouldn't want me to without giving details about why that link, the source, and other trivia details that would simply be easier to figure out by going to the link and reading. I simply do not have time to regurgitate the contents of a link before listing the link itself.)


For those that clicked on the original link I gave, below the video window is a title followed by a synopsis. I suppose I could have copy pasted that, but the fact is the whole video is just over 7 minutes long. We are NOT talking about a long essay or a movie to convince someone to spend hours on once they go to that link. There simply comes a point of diminishing returns for writing more than the time it takes to consume the contents of the link.

Finally, perhaps you should do some thinking before just posting about what you know nothing about. My user ID has existed now for 14 years and two days, yet my number of posts is around 930 as opposed to your 6,220 (approximate) posts for some 8.5 years. Why? For one thing I have a life more than being online all the time. Likewise, I tend to read and observe more than I post. Also when I do post, I usually write relatively LONG posts -- probably longer than most readers would want. My original post in this tread actually was an exception to my usual detailed posts. Why? Because it didn't NEED to be a detailed post because it was just a link to a SEVEN minute youtube video about GLBT history from 1973. If you need to be SPOON FED details such as TV series name, episode number and/or name, why someone might find it interesting, etc, then simply do not go to the link. However, that wasn't sufficient for you. You felt the need to post -- to shame those that did go to that youtube video. That incessant need to comment and insult, shows just how petty and immature you are.

Perhaps if you are THAT bored, you should go to the main GLBT Chatter threads and criticize those posts that put in "blind" URL's to porn videos or images that do not give a blow by blow (no pun intended) account of what transpires during the video (or what is showing in the case of a raster image), the source of the video/image, and why one might want to view it. Besides, such URL's are more likely to take you to somewhere that might have popup ads, etc than a simple youtube URL. I'm sure your comments will be greatly appreciated on those threads.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top