Sealed Together (Closed for Horus_rules)

feistyphoenix

The Goddess
Joined
Jan 15, 2014
Posts
9,869
Ally couldn’t remember exactly how old she was but she thought she was getting into her mid 20’s, her hair was reddish brown and she kept it the best she could but it was dull and lifeless like the rest of her. She shivered almost constantly and any scrap of clothing the crew gave her hung loosely off her malnourished body. Her frightened grey blue eyes darted around the room any time another person was present.

She didn’t know the man sleeping next to her, but that was not uncommon. This man was different though, the only thing she remembered from that night was his strong arms wrapping around her and carrying her to the deck of the large expansive yacht. The drugs she was on made it impossible for her to decipher exactly what was happening but she swore she heard gunshots in the distance.

The next thing she knew she was sputtering up water on the deck of a boat with the large man laid out next to her, both of them soaked to the bone. She shivered and clung tightly to him, hiding her half exposed flesh from the men standing around her. She thought they’d hurt her but a grizzled fisherman wrapped her in a blanket and carried her to a kitchen where he cooked the first real meal she had eaten in as long as she could remember. Ally inhaled the food while watching him suspiciously. Thankfully, she spoke some German and she was able to communicate with him brokenly. He was Scandanavian but he tried many languages before he found one she responded to; Ally wasn’t a stupid girl but it had been a very long time since someone had treated her with any sort of decency.

The boat was scheduled to be at sea for another 3 weeks and couldn’t take her and her friend to shore any sooner. Ally refused to tell anyone her name when they asked; she couldn’t remember her last name anyway. She was so terrified of the crew for the first week she only nodded and mumbled short answers while staring at the dingy grey floor. The medic, Sven, tried to offer her a shower and she washed herself in record time while he sat outside the closed door and waited patiently. She stared wide eyed as he handed her clean clothes, she clutched them to her chest like a treasure.

Ally spent most of her time observing her rescuer below deck. After a couple of days she got the courage to touch him, she stroked his face and touched his hands. Every night she wrapped herself in a sheet and wedged her thin body between him and the wall rather than take the chance of sleeping near any of the other men, this was the only bunk available anyway.

Sometimes Ally just stared at him, as if she could somehow glean information from him while he slept. After 14 days and lots of coaxing from Sven and the cook, Ally started to help care for him. In truth, she had never seen his face before but she was certain he had saved her. It must have been before the bullets tore through his shoulder, Sven called it a through and through, whatever that meant. She carefully cleaned her rescuer’s wounds the way Sven showed her and she ran her hands through his short hair, smoothing it back from his handsome face. He wasn’t as young as she was but his body was recovering quickly. Sven told her he was military, and pointed at his tattoos. Ally didn’t know what they meant but the ink looked mean and dangerous.

She had been sitting next to him, staring off into space, the day he opened his eyes. Seeing him moving startled her and she leapt out of the bunk to cower in the chair across the narrow room. His rippling muscles would surely tear her apart. Her breathing quickened and she looked around for a place to hide but saw none; her best bet was to stay very still and do everything he asked her to do without resistance.
 
Only fragmented memories came to him about who he was and why he was laying in this bunk. He could tell that it was a small ship and they were out at sea. His earliest memory was slipping aboard another vessel and finding a shriveled mess of a woman. He remembered her silvery blue eyes, so full of fear, having had to wrestle her into his arms and then convincing her that he was there to rescue her. Just as he had gotten her into his arms, a searing pain shot threw his left shoulder. He remembered turn around and then the flash of his own weapon.

His next memory was jumping into the cool water as a large explosion went off behind him, a pain in back of his head and then the instinct kicked in or was it training... Swimming with her in tow, the pain in his shoulder had to be ignored!

Although he no longer knew who she was, he knew he was supposed to protect her. It was from who that they were running that now escaped him. Darkness came again and he was forced to give in.

Another moment of clarity, being pulled from the water, finally safe or were they? "Örugga leið!" Were the last words he remembered saying before slipping deep inside the darkness. They meant "Safe Passage" but why did he know that?

He awakened enough to feel a female form snuggled up against him, her hands touching his head and shoulder, they were fucking killing him, but why!? Too many unanswered question left him extremely frustrated. He closed his eyes and drifted back into the darkness.

He became aware of the smell of fish and the body touching his, he willed his muscles to move and they finally did as he commanded. Just as shifted his weight to see the face of the woman who had been touching him, she bolted over him and disappeared from his view, but bumping his should as she did. "Mother fuck!" Escaped his mouth and he sat up quickly, too quickly! The room began to swim again.

He pushed his head down between his knees and waited for the feeling to pass. Slowly he sat up and saw the same terrified set of silvery blue eyes staring at him. "Thanks for taking care of me, Ally." He stopped, why did he know her name? His head began to cloud up again and he fell forward onto his knees right in front of her chair. His head landed in her lap. "I'm sorry, Ally, I don't remember where to take you."
 
Last edited:
Ally's blood ran cold when he cursed aloud. She started trembling in fear, she expected him to hit her for causing him pain. If she had learned anything over the long lonely years it was that no matter how bad you thought it was it could always get worse. All too often it did for Ally. But he shocked her when he looked right into her eyes and thanked her.

She considered him for a very long moment, his large shoulders were barely contained in the dark navy t shirt. Sven had cut away one shoulder to make cleaning his wound easier. It dawned on her that her rescuer spoke English, her native language.

He tried to get up and she shrank back, he couldn't stand up and as he fell to his knees he put his head in her lap. The way he looked at her tore her heart out, and she didn't think she had much of one left.

"You're American?" She asked quietly.

Ally reached slowly for the cup of water on the small table next to her, she held it out to him and averted her eyes. His staring made her even more apprehensive. What was he saying about taking her somewhere? She didn't want to go anywhere, they couldn't go anywhere for another 3 days anyway, they were still at sea. So many questions buzzed through her mind as she looked back at himagain, she felt the need to comfort him so she put her hand on his good shoulder and stroked it softly.
 
Last edited:
He lifted his head out of her lap and took the cup of water from her. He sipped it slowly and noticed here eyes darting all around the room, but never really looking at him. Someone he'd know from the time he couldn't remember did their eyes that way too. The letters PTSD came in his head: no direct eye contact and avoid touching. But just then she reached out and touched his shoulder in a caring manor. They had a connection, but what was it? His memory clouded up again.

He looked down at her hand touching his shoulder. "Yes, American... at least I think so." He closed his eyes and thought. "Explosion, hit in back of the head and can't remember... Fuck, I got amnesia!" He looked at her. "Oh, shit, er um, I'm sorry for the vulgarity!" But why was he sorry? That was something his mother had taught him, but that's all he knew.

He looked over at his bandaged shoulder and saw the ink. The wings of an Angel wrapped around his arm, but other than a Knight's feet showing, that's all he could see because of the bandages. He reached up and pulled the them off and saw the bullet hole in his shoulder, still oozing blood. But he turned his attention back to the tattoo. A winged knight holding a flaming sword stared back at him. "Michael, my name is Michael! But there's more, it just won't come to me right now."

The pain level spiked back up and he looked at her to see if she was watching him. "I'm sorry that I can't remember more for you." He diverted his eyes down to the floor, to avoid making her feel uncomfortable. Training of some kind, a long day of classes that they laughed about at the time...
 
Ally pressed the bandage back over his wound, “Don’t touch it,” she told him softly,” it’s through and through. It needs to heal from the inside,” she translated what Sven had told her before.

She had worked hard at perfecting bandaging him up. The details gave her something to focus on. As she re wrapped the gauze she could tell he was in great pain, he needed medication. Sven had been giving him something every day but he didn’t say what it was; an injection of some sort but she didn’t know where to find him on the boat. She was too afraid to explore; she had only ever been in the kitchen, the bunk room, and the bathroom.

“I’m American too,” she said absently as she taped his shoulder back together, never looking him in the eye,” you came for me, but I don’t know why. You were asleep for a long time.”

It was the longest string of words she had said in years and it made her feel vulnerable. He was still too close to her and she felt cornered, when she was done with his shoulder she pressed herself away from him into the back of the chair as far as she could. She clasped her hands against her chest, waiting for him to retreat but thinking he probably wouldn’t. She normally would not have resisted so hard, people had been invading her personal space for as long as she could remember, doing things to her she didn’t want. She shuddered wondering if he had been sent to help her or hurt her.

Now that his eyes were open and he was mobile he was dangerous. She started hyperventilating thinking of sleeping next to him again while he was awake. Even with one arm disabled she would never be able to get away from him if he tried to take her. The last 18 days were the longest it had ever been since a man had violated her and she never wanted to be touched that way again.
 
Michael sat still as she reapplied his bandages, trying not flinch too much. "I wish I had more information for you, but I'm sure English is my native tongue. You said you were an American, where are you from?"

He moved back to the bed gingerly and sat back against the wall. He watched her drawl herself up into a tight ball. "Listen, I can tell that you've been through some bad shit, I mean things, Ally. I don't know where I was taking you, but I promise I won't let anything happen to you."

He became acutely aware that he hadn't eaten in days. "How's the chow on board? I'm feeling pretty hungry." He noticed her breathing rapidly, "Ally, tell me what's scarring you. Be honest with me, please." He looked at her with passion in his eyes, tears welled up in his eyes for her.
 
Ally shook her head sadly before answering him, “I don’t remember.”

After he moved away she started to calm down, and then the panic of the sleeping arrangements overtook her again. She heard him promise to keep her safe; he even looked genuine with the tears welling up in his eyes. She didn’t want to tell him what was upsetting her but she’d been trained to answer questions when asked. She just wasn’t sure how to tell him how torn she was over it.

“I can’t sleep in the bunk now that you’re awake,” she didn’t know what else to say. He frightened her immensely even though she wanted to be grateful to him for taking her away from that hellish life she’d known for so long. But if she didn’t please him he might sell her. She almost started crying before she threw herself at his feet and bowed her head. Ally was so desperate she didn’t even care that her knees bit into the cold steel floor and made her wince. It was nothing compared to the fear gripping her.

“Please don’t sell me,” she begged Michael, something she never would have done in her past life. They’d have tortured her for hours if she spoke without permission. Her memories of the auctions were terrifying. For the last 18 days her life she didn’t have anyone telling her what to do and even though she was still very skittish, she had started to become accustomed to it. Michael was as close to an owner as she had since he was the one who took her from her former owner. In her broken version of reality it was the only thing that made sense.

"Please don't send me away, I'll do whatever you want," she begged him again, hot tears welled up in her eyes.
 
Last edited:
Michael reached down and swept the hair from Ally's face. "You're free of all that now and no one is going to sell you again!" He wiped the tears from her eyes. He wanted desperately to pull her up into his lap and throw his arms around her to protect, but he knew she was too fragile for that right now.

"I'll take the floor tonight, Ally. I know I've slept in worse places, but i just can't remember where right now! Aren't we a pair, neither of us have the best memories." Michael helped her to her feet and tended to he scraped knees with his large but gentle hand.

"Why don't you help me find the head and the galley. I'm sorry, I'm speaking Navy..." He had been in the Navy and that's why his surroundings felt familiar. "I need to use the bathroom and find the kitchen, can you take me there, Ally?"

He thought through what he knew... part of his name was Michael, he could handle a gun, he was an American and was in the Navy. But why had he rescued Ally? What was he supposed to do next? Maybe those memories would come soon. This sucked, but he liked having Ally near him. He knew that for sure.
 
Last edited:
As Michael picked her up off the floor Ally thought he was going to do something horrible to her but true to his word he just checked her knees to make sure she hadn’t hurt herself too badly. He was gentle with her and asked her to show him around a bit. She just nodded that she would. Even though she was not strong by any stretch of the imagination she knew he would need her to lean on, if getting out of the bunk a minute ago had been any indication, he still had quite a bit of healing left to do, he was probably weak from not eating and from laying down for so long.

Sven showed up just as she was about to offer Michael her assistance so he could get around more easily.

Sven spoke his usual German greeting to her and she responded before pointing at Michael, “Er braucht de Medizin,” she told him before turning to Michael.

“No one speaks English but I told him you needed the medicine he’s been giving you,” she explained.

Sven held up the needle he'd brought and looked at Michael, “Es ist Morphine,” he told them both.

Ally didn’t really know what morphine was but she assumed Michael did because he let Sven give him the shot before helping him up out of the bunk.

“He’s Swedish I think, but German is the only language we both know, if you don’t know it I can help you,” she offered Michael.

She hoped he knew it, it was pretty common in the areas she had traveled through and she had learned most of it from one of the girls she had known.

“Er will auf die Toilette und dann essen,” she told Sven that Michael wanted to use the bathroom and then eat. He nodded and started in the direction of the “head” as Michael called it.

Ally waited for Michael to tell her what to do next.
 
Not sure of why he understood everything they said, but he did. Hearing Sven's origins, he looked at him and the strange words exited his mouth with little effort. "Tack för att du tar hand om oss. Jag är inte säker på hur jag kan betala tillbaka, men jag lovar att jag kommer." He knew that they meant: Thank you for taking care of us. I'm not sure how I can repay you, but I promise that I will. Somehow Michael knew that were many more languages he spoke and understood.

Michael looked at Ally and shrugged his good shoulder. "I just thanked him for helping us. I gotta hit the head. I must be smelling pretty bad right now." Knowing that she would be uncomfortable helping him, he looked at Sven and asked. "Kan du hjälpa mig att komma ur denna skjorta så att jag kan få tvättas upp?" Will you please help me get out of this shirt so I can get washed up?

Sven shook his head "No" and pointed to the bandaged shoulder. Michael reached down and and pulled a butterfly knife from his boot. He flipped it open and flipped it around to offer it to Sven with lightning speed. He took it from Michael and begin to cut the shirt from his body.

Once the shirt was off, Sven's eyes widened when he saw the tattoos on his chest. 9 skulls lined each side of Michael's chest from his waist to his armpits with a date under each of them. In addition there was a family crest with the initials S P on his right pect and a symbol with an eagle, a old flint lock pistol and a triton on his left with the word "Team 6 Forever" under it.

Sven handed him the knife back and saluted him. "Ben Laden" he said and pointed to the last skull on his right side with the date 5-2-11 under it. Flashbacks of an helicopter landing, night vision goggles and a gun battle teased his memory, but that was all that came.

"Why don't you stay here and lock the door, while I clean up? I'll come back before we head to the galley for some chow?" He stepped into the hallway leaning on Sven and closed the door. "Lock the door, Ally and I'll be back in a few minutes."

Michael walked inside the small room and cleaned up as best as he could with one arm. He stared at himself in the mirror. There was more to his tattoos than met the eye but he could remember just what. He managed to get redressed and after helping him into a new shirt, he and Sven headed back to the door.

He knocked on the door. "Ally, it's Michael. Let's get something to eat."
 
Ally watched the entire exchange with great interest. When Michael’s shirt was stripped away she saw all the tattoos, they were a stark contrast to his gentle demeanor towards her and she found it puzzling. She silently and carefully sat on the bunk and drew her knees up to her chin watching Michael intently as he handled the knife. She was getting more and more interested in him, if he was really American she had a lot of questions.

She didn’t remember much about her childhood or teen years, the off and on drug use that was forced on her had ruined her memory of that time. All she knew was cruelty at the hands of men, brutal punishments, and years spent at the brink of starvation to keep her from running or fighting back. Only since being on the boat with three regular meals a day had she started to feel like a real person. Her nails were growing, her hair had a bit of a luster now, and she didn’t dread waking up alive every day.

She did as Michael told her when he left, and for the first time since they’d been on the boat she was completely alone. It felt odd, not having him asleep in the bunk. She crawled back into it and rested for a few minutes. She rubbed her left hip, the pain was flaring up again. She’d hurt it somehow but had successfully hidden it from Sven since she always walked behind him and moved slowly. She wouldn’t have let him touch her to check it anyway. It was severely bruised, having started off a deep nasty purple with dark blue black ring around the edge. It was so big it wrapped around her hip to the top of her butt. After nearly three weeks it was an ugly shade of green with yellow mottling. She pulled up the side of her loose cotton shirt and moved the elastic waistband of the sweatpants she was dressed in so she could look at it. She jumped when Michael knocked on the door and asked her to come with him.

Ally sighed and went to the door and unlocked it. She didn’t want him to see her hurting either, so she hid that side of her behind the door and waited for him to turn and move away from her so she could follow in her own way.

“I’m coming,” she assured him, looking into his eyes for the first time before averting them again after a couple of seconds. She was more comfortable considering him in her peripheral vision.
 
Michael smiled and thought to himself, We have a bit of a breakthrough here, she made direct eye contact. Her eyes sparkled just a bit, these were eyes he could get lost in.

They made their way through the passageway and through a couple of bulkheads to the galley. A hearty Kalops stew was served with potatoes and carrots and a large hard piece of knäckebröd or hard bread were placed on his tray. When the got to the small booth, he stood to the side and motioned for Ally to go first. "After you, young lady."

He watched her gingerly slide into the booth and the took his place beside her. He finished his first plate with barely a breath. The cook brought him a second helping of everything and said, "Ät, få starkt för den vackra damen!" Michael nodded and looked at Ally with a wide smile. "He says I have to eat to protect the pretty lady."

Sven and Michael talked for quite sometime in Swedish. When they were finished, they made their way back to their room. Michael motioned for Ally to go in first and followed her in. He left the door open until Sven returned with another blanket and pillow. Michael took them from them and gave him a heartfelt hug. "Tack, min vän för allt! Jag kommer inte att glömma."

Michael closed and locked the door, before taking a seat on the opposite side of the room. He sat the items on the table and looked over at Ally. "I just thanked him for all that he has and is doing for us! I also promised to repay him somehow. You see, this is his cabin and he is bunking with the rest of the crew. He's offered to let us stay at his cabin just outside of Lysekil, Sweden. It seems his brother died in Afghanistan back in the 90's at the hands of the Taliban. He was tortured and beheaded on a video that they sent to Sven's family. He told me that I was or am a Navy Seal and that my last skull matches the date that he was killed by Team 6. I have no memory of any of that! If you want to come with me you're welcome to, but I'd understand if you want to get as far away as possible too." He looked down at the floor and waited for her reply.
 
Last edited:
Ally sat quietly in the booth next to Michael. In complete contrast to him she ate very slowly. She chewed her food for awhile before swallowing every morsel. She had developed the habit over a long period of time. When you didn’t know when you would eat again you learned to savor what you were given, no matter how little or disgusting it was. The stew was delicious; Ally thought the food on the boat was the best she had ever had. Michael finished two plates before she was even done with the first. She listened to the two men talking with disinterest, she couldn’t understand what they were saying anyway and they would do with her what they wanted regardless of what she wanted. She trusted Sven, but only marginally so.

Ally started shaking again when Michael locked them in their bunk room. It was almost involuntary when she was alone with him now. She was never sure what he would do, from the story he relayed to her she was sure he was a trained killer. She couldn’t believe her ears when he said he would sleep on the floor.

“But,” she paused wondering if she was allowed to speak her own thoughts,” your shoulder, you can’t sleep on the floor.” She shrank back into the chair and turned away bracing for the hand across her face as had been done so many times before.

She thought about going with him to the cabin, she had no other choice. She didn’t know her own name, had no passport or papers of identification, and she wouldn’t have known where to go or what to do.

“I’ll go with you,” she agreed quietly, realizing this was the first choice she was making of her own accord she could remember. She wanted to believe he wouldn’t hurt her, and so far he had been nothing but gentle with her. She just wondered when his sexual urges would take over and he would start demanding things from her that she wasn't willing to give.
 
storyline flow

He looked up to see Ally cowering as she spoke. It broke Michael’s heart to imagine how terrible this poor girl’s life had been over the past few years. He would love to get his hands on the men who did this to her and see what his apparently well trained hands would do to them.

“Ally, please know that you may speak freely with me. I can tell that bad things must have happened to you to make you so afraid, but I need us to be honest with each other right now. We are all each other has right now. I don’t mind sleeping on the floor if it means that you will be able to not be afraid and I’m happy that you've decided to stay with me. You’re the only face I know right now.”

He laughed and did his best to spread the blanket out on the floor and tossed the pillow down with his good arm. He patted the bed. “It’s all yours, my friend, please take it.” Michael bent down on his knees and attempted to lowered himself on his good shoulder. He struggled with a few more attempts and then rested.

He waited a few minutes before he spoke again. “Ally, what happened to your hip and why are you favoriting so much? I noticed you favoring it when you slid into the booth at dinner. If I can help you, please let me know. I owe you my life,”
 
Last edited:
Ally watched him struggle to get down on the floor and she couldn’t take it.

“No, no you can’t, you can’t Michael. Please don’t,” she shook her head and kept shaking it. He’d saved her life by getting her off that god forsaken yacht and away from that man. She couldn’t let him sleep on the floor. She put her face in her hands and kept shaking her head.

“Get up Michael, please,” she begged him.

Ally did the unthinkable, she reached for him willingly. She took his good arm and helped him into the bunk and sat next to him against the wall.

“I just need some time to get used to it,” she said quietly, looking at his hands. Ally knew them well, she’s spent countless hours staring at them and stroking them gently while she cared for him. She sighed and looked at him while he lay next to her, she tried to test herself and see how long she could look into his eyes before looking away. Instinctively she reached out and traced down his fingers with her index finger softly like she had done so many times before.

“I don’t know how it hurt my hip, I think it happened when you took me away,” she looked down at her own body and lifted the hem of her shirt just enough to show him the large bruise that wrapped around her side, “it doesn’t hurt as much anymore, but I still can’t lay on this side.”Her eyes found his again as she gauged his reaction.

She pulled the sheet around herself, trying to feel more secure. She leaned back against the wall, she was still close to him but she was gradually feeling more comfortable with it. He hadn’t hurt her, and he had promised not to. She was always cold and at night it had been his body heat that had kept her from shivering for almost 3 weeks.

“Can I lay down?” she whispered.
 
Michael let Ally help him back up and was pleasantly surprised when she sat right next to him. "Take all the time you need. Honestly, I would miss you sleeping next to me. The only moments I remember from being out, was you snuggled up beside me or softly touching me.

What she did next pleasantly surprised him; Ally looked directly into eyes and traced the back of his hand. Michael looked back into her grey-blue eyes and smiled. The moment ended with Ally showing off a large bruise that was healing. Michael saw her ribs showing through her skin. How could anyone mistreat another human being like this!

Michael was lost in a memory: the moment he had found her in the bedroom of the yacht. He entered the room after snapping the necks of the two guards outside her door. He opened the door quietly to see a man with a whip about to beat her. He grabbed the man’s arm and pulled him backwards, before he could connect with her flesh. As the man spun around to use the whip on him, Michael slipped a knife neatly between his ribs and right into his heart. He slid the body down to the floor and turned to get Ally. Her eyes were wide with fright and she must not of heard him tell her “My name is Preston Michael and I’m here to rescue you.” because the minute he touched her, she began to fight him. He tried to reign her in and get her out of the cabin. His arm ruggedly grabbed her and wrapped her up. They were about to leave the room when the bullet bit into his shoulder.

After taking out the shooter, they rushed to the back of the boat and just as they were about to jump into the water a blast sent them both over the rail and into the water. Ally was shorter, so her hip slammed into the rail of the boat, before being sent flying into the water. Ally’s words brought him back to the bunk. “Um, yes, of course you can lay down. Do you want the wall or outside spot on the bunk? By the way, I remembered what my last name is; it’s Michael and my first name is Preston. I remembered introducing myself to you when I rescued you. I think you hit your hip on the railing when the boat exploded.”

He smiled at her and waited for her to answer. “At least we got another blanket out of the deal!”
 
Ally didn't remember the explosion at all but it did make sense, "I sleep on this side, away from your shoulder," she told him. She liked the security of being between him and the wall, his real name was Preston. It seemed familiar somehow.

"What do you want me to call you," she asked him quietly as she situated herself on her good hip.

It meant she had to lay facing him, which made her uncomfortable so she wiggled down until her thin body was below his shoulder and she was almost completely cacooned in the dark blanket. Her wild auburn hair was spread around her and over his good arm. She was still afraid of what he could do to her but maybe if she stayed very still he wouldn't touch her.

He repositioned himself and as he did so his large hand came around the back of her shoulder. She jerked away and hit her head and bruised hip against the wall. The pain in her hip made her vision go cloudy, tears sprang to her eyes but dhe bit her lip hard to keep from crying out. She breathed in sharply and tried to curl up. He had startled her and scared her. She was so stupid for reacting that way, but her paranoia had kicked in. She wondered if there would ever be a day when she wouldn't flinch when someone touched her.
 
Last edited:
He laid down on his good side and found himself laying face to face with Ally. Although she was way too thin right now, she truly was a beautiful lady. “You can still call me Michael, it’s what Sven knows me as and sounds familiar to me. I’m sure that in the Seals, no one ever used my first name anyway.” He laughed a little as he tried to figure out to do with his left hand, finally he rested it on is hip as she positioned herself cowering below the covers.

As he started to drift off into sleep, he instinctively reached his arm out to wrap around her. An explosion of auburn hair was all he saw when he was startled back into consciousness by the pain shooting through his shoulder. His loud “Fuck!” was followed by a loud thud as Ally hit her head. He fought throw his own pain when he saw her biting her lip to keep from crying, but the tears were welling up in her eyes. “I am so sorry, Ally! I didn’t mean to touch you, I just fell asleep. Sweetie, let those tears out, even if it’s not just about hitting your head, I’m sure you could use a good cry. Can I see if you hurt your head?”

He shifted his weight to his back, taking up more of the bed, but allowing him to reach out with his good arm towards her head. As, he did he could feel a warm wet fluid oozing beneath his bandage. He would ignore it for now. He had to make sure Ally was okay!
 
Last edited:
Ally was breathing hard and trying to get control of herself. He asked to check her head and she shook her head no. She sat up away from him in the corner by his feet propped up against the wall. She planned to sleep like this the rest of the night. Her inner demons were close to the forefront of her mind as she calmed down. She never let herself cry, in the first weeks of her enslaved life she cried herself to sleep nightly, when they hit her, and whenever a new man entered her dirty room and took his pleasure. One day something snapped and she stopped crying altogether. It was the day Janna died.

Janna was chained to the wall next to Ally, Janna taught her all the German she knew. The drugs they gave Janna made her sick and progressively she became sicker and weaker. It was an agonizing 6 months for both of them, Ally gave up most of the food dhe was given hoping that sharing it with Janna would keep her alive. Eventually the men noticed and seperated them. Ally fought hard and they threw her against the wall and knocked her out to shut her up. The next day Janna didn't move at all. Ally tried to reach her friend but her ankle chain was too short. She cried and begged the men when they came for Janna, but one of them picked up her limp body and turned away. Another man took Janna's pretty blonde head in his hands and with a quick flick of his wrists Janna was put out of her misery. Ally never cried after that.
She knew without a doubt Michael had the same capability. She tried to rationalize him protecting her but it made no sense, unless she was his property. She warred with herself for a good hour before deciding that maybe Michael was different. He never looked at her with lust in his eyes and he never asked her to do anything that would be hurtful. He'd saved her and she told herself that trusting him might not be the worst idea.

He was asleep when she laid back down next to him and when his arm went around her she braced herself but didn't pull away. It took quite awhile for Ally to finally sleep but when she did she found sleeping under his arm reassuring.
 
Michael put his hand down and watched her crawl back into the corner and gather herself into a ball. He handed Ally a pillow and the extra blanket and laid back down without saying a word to her. He knew there was nothing to say, she only needed more time to fight through her demons.

He readjusted the bandage a bit and hoped the bleeding would stop. He closed his eyes and went back to sleep, only stirring a bit when Ally returned to her spot beside him in the bed. Having a body laying close to him elicited the same response in Michael, his hand draped over her shoulder. He woke up slightly to notice her snuggled up in his arms. a smile formed on his face and he drifted back to sleep holding her in his arms.

He woke up and watched Ally sleep for awhile. He wondered what things would be like in Sven’s one bedroom cabin, would she still want to sleep him when there was another room to sleep in? He only knew that he liked having her close to him, he couldn't remember ever having a woman in his life that he cared about as much as he did her. Something about her drew him in, and whatever it was that had brought them together, he was thankful.

Michael laid in the bed just watching her until her eyes begun to flutter.
 
Ally’s dreams had always been her escape, and she slept so soundly next to Michael that she didn’t want to wake up. She dreamed of herself sitting on a hillside in the sunshine wearing a light green sundress. Her body was healthy and whole again, she didn’t hurt at all. Her skin was warm from the sun and her eyes glittered in the light. She could feel the soft grass under her bare legs and feet. She ran her hands through the grass and laughed, something she hadn’t done for as long as she could remember. She laughed so hard she cried in happiness. There was no one but her, and she was happy. She ran her hands over her arms and felt her own soft smooth skin. Ally picked the small clovers on the hillside and reveled in the smell of the outdoors. She hadn’t been outside in many years, she even heard birds singing. She laid back in the grass on the hill and looked up at the azure sky, the puffy white clouds wafted lazily over her and she played a game she remembered from her childhood trying to pick shapes and animals out of the clouds. She felt free, and most importantly she was feeling alive.

Ally woke slowly, feeling Michael’s presence. She resisted the urge to flee his touch and instead tried to enjoy it. It was difficult for her to stay put but her head was nestled against his ribs and his hand was on her arm. She took several deep breaths wondering if he was awake before she had the courage to tilt her head back and look up at his face. She found his intense brown eyes looking back at her and she quickly buried her head back where it had been.

What would he do to her? The question was always on her mind when they were alone, and even when they weren’t alone. She tried to squelch the fear and tell herself he was her protector but her mind just wouldn’t believe it. Why would he want to protect her, she was nothing and she had nothing to offer him. She was used up, and getting “too old” she was told. She sighed, trying to let out her apprehension as she did so. It only halfway worked but it was enough, she looked back up at him again and allowed herself to relax slightly. His hand stroked her arm sending a cold chill down her back. She didn’t say anything as she stared up at him, feeling so small and insignificant against his thick chest. She bit her bottom lip out of habit and averted her eyes again wondering if he was going to speak to her.
 
Ally’s eyes met his and then retreated back under the blankets. He smiled a little bit and waited for her to come back out of her “shell.” After a minute, he stroked her arm and felt her shudder a bit. He knew he would have to be patient with her and it would take time for her to trust him after all that she must have been through. Maybe one day, she would be able to talk about it and they could track down the son of a bitches that did this to her and they could exact revenge on them. He would teach her the skills he could remember so that no one would ever hurt her again!

After a few minutes, her beautiful eyes appeared from the covers and she stared into his eyes. “Good Morning, Beautiful! I hope you slept well. I’m sorry again about our head. Can I feel it to make sure you’re not bleeding when we get up?” Michael started to sit up, but a sharp pain radiated from his shoulder and he noticed the blood stain on his shirt. “Shit, I must of bumped it in my sleep! I’m going to cauterize the front with my knife heated up, but do you think you could do it on my back? I want to get this damned shoulder under control. If you can’t do it, I’ll get Sven to do it later.”
 
Ally just stared at him blankly; one word stuck in her mind, beautiful. Why did he call her that? She thought for a moment before answering him.

"I don't know what cauterize is," she said softly, feeling a little stupid.

She wasn't sure she wanted him touching her head so she reached up with her own delicate hand and felt through her thick hair. There was a distinct bump but it wasn't very large and she didn't feel any dried blood.

"It's fine, " she reported, wondering if he believed her or if he would demand that she yield to his wishes.

She sat up away from him and leaned against the wall, while smoothing her wild auburn locks back away from her face and rubbing her eyes. Her leg hurt from being curled up all night, Ally tenatively stretched it outward over Michael's hip and cast several furtive glances at him as she did. She had a question burning on her mind and she finally took a deep breath and asked it.

"What's America like," she asked as she relaxed her leg, laying it over him lightly. She thought better of it and chose instead to lay back down and stretch both of her legs out next to his as her head rested in the crook of his arm.
 
Michael kept watching, Ally’s eyes, the were so much more alluring now that she was getting the nutrition she needed. “Oh, I’m sorry, I need you to hold a hot knife to my bullet hole on my back so it will seal it and stop bleeding. I can do it to the front hole, but can’t reach the one on my back”

She felt her own head and then moved away from him again, so he didn’t press the issue about her head. “As long as you’re not bleeding or having anymore memory loss, I guess it’s alright.” Michael watched her trying to get comfortable on the small bed. She seemed to be wrestling with more than just her comfort. Her question made him pause and think back through the memories he had. While he was thinking, Ally settled back into his arms and made herself comfortable.

“What I remember about my hometown is the rolling hills and the soft green grass. My mother would take us on picnics under the big oak behind our house and lay on a blanket and lay back to just watch the clouds roll by. Those were the simple days of my life, the quieter times that never came again.” Michael sighed. “I’m not sure whether my parents are alive or dead now. This Swiss cheese brain thing really sucks!” He laid there just enjoying having her in his arms. “I guess these are our quiet days now and we should just enjoy them while they last.”
 
Ally furrowed her brow and looked at him dubiously, "But it will hurt you won't it?"

She didn't quite understand why he would ask her to hurt him unless it was a trick. She thought hard about what he said about his childhood, she didn't remember very much about her own.

"I think I lived somewhere sunny," she said simply. All her impressions were of brightness, sun, and maybe the beach. She used to close her eyes and try to remember more but all she remembered was the light and someone laughing, her mother perhaps. She had to stop doing it for awhile because she found it frustrating and depressing.

She laid there on his arm for awhile longer, she was still tired. Usually Sven made her get up to eat around this time, he always waited until after the crew had finished because of how upset and afraid she had been in the beginning. She thought she might not mind it as much now that Michael would be with her.
 
Back
Top