Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In all honesty, I'm not going to try to die. Like I didn't try to injure myself.

But don't worry, I'll come back from the dead to write that were-octopus story. I'll haunt you and whisper in your ear. Or bump your hand when you're trying to type. Or something. We'll work it out! :cool:

You can bump my hand any time, baby. ;)

Today was Beach Hut Day. The local Beach Huts are small, about six feet by eight.

The Hut Owners (or at least some of them) decorated their huts for assorted themes and wore matching costumes.

I think the best one was the Hut turned into a Coal Mine with Winding Gear on the roof, the owners dressed as miners with coal stained faces, helmets, and safety lamps. They provided conducted tours of the 'Mine'. The original owner of the Hut (great-grandad) was present. He had been a coal miner until the Kent Coal fields closed. He just sat outside the 'Mine' appreciating his glass of cool beer that was constantly topped up all afternoon. After all, being a Miner is thirsty work.

Another was a French Cafe with French food prepared by a French Chef (the owners' son-in-law). He wasn't too impressed with his wife dressed as a French Onion seller but was amused by the reactions to his cooking.

One Hut was turned into a wheeled Bathing Machine with Edwardian Ladies dressed in their scanty bathing costumes.

But I liked the 'Happy Birthday' Hut. It was decorated with cards and banners for the Birthday. Whose Birthday? The Hut's. It was 35 years old, owned by the same extended family all that time. The previous hut on that pitch had been destroyed along with many others in the 1978 storm tide.

Beach Hut Day is only about five years old but there are more decorated huts each year.

6690305385_6875f530ba_z.jpg

:eek:
I thought you had only burnt yourself, stubbed your toe and bruised your hand so far!
Can I kiss any of those better? Where did you burn yourself? (says hopefully)
:kiss:

LOL. Well, yes, so far that's the extent of my... injuries. But who knows what's in store!

Burnt the tips of my fingers. :p Honestly, where did you expect me to burn myself? I mean, how can anyone burn themselves in areas where I'm assuming you'd want to kiss. :eek:

LOL. Well, yes, so far that's the extent of my... injuries. But who knows what's in store!

Burnt the tips of my fingers. :p Honestly, where did you expect me to burn myself? I mean, how can anyone burn themselves in areas where I'm assuming you'd want to kiss. :eek:

What do you mean? I would willingly kiss any part of you! There, poor little finger-tips.
:kiss::kiss::kiss:

Ogg, the huts sound delightful! I love the coal mine one.

Actually, I might be the one who is dying. If I do, I will come back and haunt you all, to whisper story ideas in your ears and mess with your dreams. For good or ill, it will all depend ...

I'm still sick. I can't sleep because my glands are so swollen it feels like my throat is closing up. Which gives me an uncomfortable, mildly panicky feeling. I know my throat is not closing up, but it feels like it is.

Ugh. I'm heading over to the nakeds, to get something cool and refreshing to drink.

Ogg, what exactly are these used for?

Originally beach huts were wheeled Bathing Machines in which women changed before the Bathing Machine was taken to the water by a horse.

bathing-machine.jpg

As society became more relaxed about bathing costumes, bathing machines were no longer necessary to take women to the sea, but were still useful for changing clothing in private. Old bathing machines had their wheels removed and were sited at the back of the beach.

Some families used tents for changing, but beach huts were more convenient because they didn't need erecting and dismantling.

Since the 1990s beach huts have become 'cool' and steam-punkish. Our huts are small as they were designed just to change in, but most have some way of making hot drinks and space to store beach equipment such as deckchairs and windbreaks. Many are beautifully decorated inside.

SuperStock_1850-1355.jpg

2659973701_929f6ed2a1_z.jpg

Beach huts vary in size from the smallest which are little more than enclosed spaces about the size of a telephone box in which to change, to chalets that are effectively holiday homes on the beach. Our beach huts are not large enough nor allowed to be used for overnight sleeping. They have no facilities at all. Water comes from a tap on the edge of the beach. The public toilets close at 7pm, so some of our beach huts have portable toilets particularly for younger children to use.

In other towns Beach Huts can have beds, electricity, running water and sewage. Those beach huts can be very expensive to buy.

Our beach huts sell for about £7,000 to £9,000 and there is an annual rent of about £500 per season to the local council for the site. Other towns only have leased beach huts, some of which might be removed from the beach and stored inland during the winter.

OMG I want those cushions! I would want the whole beach hut, except that now I have discovered caravans. Sssh, sssh, do not let the Welsh tourist board hear me, but you can get a caravan 5 minutes walk from the beach and it has a cooker and shower and everything - even an ironing board! MILF heaven!

I really want a caravan with that wicker sofa and those cushions in it.
:heart:

Such lovely pix, Ogg, as ever.

I went to a cookout on Saturday, and I have so many bug bites on my ankles...

I ate five different kinds of beef too :D

OMG I want those cushions! I would want the whole beach hut, except that now I have discovered caravans. Sssh, sssh, do not let the Welsh tourist board hear me, but you can get a caravan 5 minutes walk from the beach and it has a cooker and shower and everything - even an ironing board! MILF heaven!

I really want a caravan with that wicker sofa and those cushions in it.

Such lovely pix, Ogg, as ever.

We frequently stay in caravans through the Sun newspaper cheap holiday offers. Some have been immediately behind the beach, some a few minutes walk, some a short drive.

Compared with our beach huts, even a basic sited caravan is luxury. It has cooking facilities, toilet and shower, beds, heating and tv. A few beach hut people bring portable devices that will play video, but most of our local owners leave everything electronic behind when they come to their beach hut. Some even 'forget' to bring their mobile phones.

From time to time we have community art projects in one of the beach huts. I have been known to produce a wind-up gramophone to play suitable music for the theme of the project. Next year, the 100th anniversary of the start of the First World War in 1914 (not the start for the US troops) I will be playing music recorded from 1914 to 1918 on contemporary 78rpm records. If I can find one, I might even use a 1914 gramophone. There was one model apparently produced specially for use in the trenches of the Western Front.

487.jpg

The horn was built into the lid and could be cleaned easily.

Beach huts vary in size from the smallest which are little more than enclosed spaces about the size of a telephone box in which to change, to chalets that are effectively holiday homes on the beach. Our beach huts are not large enough nor allowed to be used for overnight sleeping. They have no facilities at all. Water comes from a tap on the edge of the beach. The public toilets close at 7pm, so some of our beach huts have portable toilets particularly for younger children to use.

Oh, wow. Those are quite something. I thought they were something like changing rooms (which as you say some are) but these look quite elaborate.

Compared with our beach huts, even a basic sited caravan is luxury. It has cooking facilities, toilet and shower, beds, heating and tv. A few beach hut people bring portable devices that will play video, but most of our local owners leave everything electronic behind when they come to their beach hut. Some even 'forget' to bring their mobile phones.

From time to time we have community art projects in one of the beach huts. I have been known to produce a wind-up gramophone to play suitable music for the theme of the project. Next year, the 100th anniversary of the start of the First World War in 1914 (not the start for the US troops) I will be playing music recorded from 1914 to 1918 on contemporary 78rpm records. If I can find one, I might even use a 1914 gramophone. There was one model apparently produced specially for use in the trenches of the Western Front.

487.jpg

The horn was built into the lid and could be cleaned easily.

And if you can, please transfer the music to an electronic medium. I'd like to hear it!.

And if you can, please transfer the music to an electronic medium. I'd like to hear it!.

Eek! I'd have to sort through 1000+ 78 rpm records.

The last time I tried, the turntable wouldn't play the start or end of my 78s. They were too wide and the music went on too far into the centre.

I went to a cookout on Saturday, and I have so many bug bites on my ankles...

I ate five different kinds of beef too :D

Hey, TGP! :kiss:
Woah, five different kinds of beef? That sounds goo-ood. Do you mean different cuts? Detail, detail, tell us more.
:p

Hey, TGP! :kiss:
Woah, five different kinds of beef? That sounds goo-ood. Do you mean different cuts? Detail, detail, tell us more.
:p

I had hamburgers for lunch before I left for the party (no single women there), brisket (overly spiced but crumbly tender), kobe strip steak, and two kinds of London broil (don't know the difference).

There was also sausages, roast turkey, and pork roll. Our host cooked up 27 pounds of meat :eek:

I had hamburgers for lunch before I left for the party (no single women there), brisket (overly spiced but crumbly tender), kobe strip steak, and two kinds of London broil (don't know the difference).

There was also sausages, roast turkey, and pork roll. Our host cooked up 27 pounds of meat :eek:

:p:p:p

Kobe steak? You mean that one that is massaged regularly to make sure it's really tender? Is there a real big difference?

I've never managed to try Kobe beef, although I am a bit spoilt here by having to choose between Welsh Black Gold and Scottish Aberdeen Angus - sold by two of the rival butchers who share my custom. (I love my butchers. It's impossible to choose; they are all so lovely.)

No single women? Dahlink, you must change your social circles! You are always going to places where there are no single women, so your hot muscular body gets only an objective appreciation. Don't let the beefsteaks get all the nice massages!
:p:nana::p

:p:p:p

Kobe steak? You mean that one that is massaged regularly to make sure it's really tender? Is there a real big difference?

I've never managed to try Kobe beef, although I am a bit spoilt here by having to choose between Welsh Black Gold and Scottish Aberdeen Angus - sold by two of the rival butchers who share my custom. (I love my butchers. It's impossible to choose; they are all so lovely.)

No single women? Dahlink, you must change your social circles! You are always going to places where there are no single women, so your hot muscular body gets only an objective appreciation. Don't let the beefsteaks get all the nice massages!
:p:nana::p

My previous exposures to kobe were less than spectacular, but this particular cut was the meat of the year :D

And if I knew how to change my social life I would have by now :(

My previous exposures to kobe were less than spectacular, but this particular cut was the meat of the year :D

And if I knew how to change my social life I would have by now :(

Mmm, I would love to give it a taste! I do adore a nice steak.

Awww, TGP, do give it a shot. You have to spot the places where women go and hang out, try some new things. You are a real desirable hunk and drive a dead sexy car. Don't hold out on the local women! a good man is hard to find. If you could find it in your heart to just brave a few classes or volunteer at some concerts or do those things that women go along to, there will be so many grateful girls queuing up. I know it's a bit daunting but for their sakes, take a deep breath and give it a go.

They make tons of corner blocks for crown mouldings but none for cove mouldings. Why not? This would make my life so much easier.

They make tons of corner blocks for crown mouldings but none for cove mouldings. Why not? This would make my life so much easier.

Uh, why can't you use crown moulding block with cove moulding?

The blind leading the uh, blind. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back