Taken By A Highlander, ( closed for Aussie Wolf)

Iscaa

Literotica Guru
Joined
Jun 3, 2012
Posts
977
Scotland

Donella, known as Ella since she was a wee lass had dreamed of this trip for as long as she could remember. The 22 year woman was rather small, being only five feet two inches in her stocking feet. It must be said she was proportioned in just the right places. She had slightly curly long dark almost black hair that she usually kept in a messy bun at the nap of her neck. Her eyes were a curious dark green that snapped when she was angry. Men usually took a second look when she walked by, but she was too busy to notice, what with all the ancient history she was usually mulling over in her mind.

Her friends knew how absent minded she could be when doing her research for the doctorate she was working towards. Her area of expertise was early medieval life in the highlands of Scotland mostly before or around the 10th century. She had even mastered the understanding of ancient Gaelic, well only the written form since present day Gaelic had changed substantially since the old medieval times. She could also speak four romance languages.

Donella's plan was to visit Scotland for a few weeks and fill in as many gaps in her knowledge as best she could. Going to the source for the best details to fill in the gapes of her thesis was the main reason for her journey.

She sighed as the bus drew to a stop at the archaic village of Plockton on the north west highlands of Scotland. It was a tiny village that overlooked loch Carron. As the two other passengers took their leave thanking the driver, Ella got her overnight bag and purse from under her seat and made her way to the front of the bus. She smiled to herself as she remembered the lovely scenery that they had passed through. Photos never ever did justice to the real thing!

The driver was outside handing out the luggage from compartment underneath the bus. Ella adjusted her purse and made ready to take the large suitcase with small wheels. She thanked the driver saying, “ It's is so beautiful here, I'm know I have come to the right place to be making memories that I will always remember.” The man smiled in return as he closed the compartment door.

Just as he turned to walk towards the pub, Ella asked, “Where do I find the Hinde Inne?” She had booked a room in the old inn weeks ago. He pointed at the old stone building in front of them, one door to the far left of the building was the pub. It didn't have a sign as all the locals knew where the pub was. The fancy wooden door with a sign hanging over the top to the far right indicated an inn. The girl chuckled and thanked him again
.
She gazed at the wooden sign with a deer carved in it with the old English spelling of” “Hinde Inne.” Knowing it meant female deer she thought, “This is an ancient town, I know I'm just going to love it here!” Adjusting her luggage so she could pull it comfortably she headed for the door. Once inside she found the interior to be rather dark after the bright sunshine outside. She walked up to the desk and rang the small bell. Within a minute an older woman came out wiping her hands on a clean towel and said, “Good day to you.” She paused a few seconds before adding, “You wouldn't by any chance be Donella Smith would you?”

Ella sighed, “After this long day it sure was comforting to be expected.” She nodded her head replying, “Yes I am she, I am hoping my room is ready for me, I sure could use a rest about now. The older woman nodded her understanding as the girl continued. By the way please call me Ella, all my friends do.” Fiona the owner of the inn smiled warmly as she reached for the keys and indicated that Ella sign the guest book.

Once done, the woman said, “My name is Fiona, just you follow me and we will have you in your room in no time. I there be anything you need I would be the one to talk too.” She called out to her son Tomas to help with Ella's big bag. As they walked up the stairs to the second floor she continued. “The pub is where you will take your meals, it's open at six am until the last of the men are booted out after dark.” Both woman laughed at that last remark.

Ella followed Fiona up the side stairs and down a rather dark hallway. Noticing the light bulb was out, Fiona asked Tomas if he would take care of it. He nodded his shaggy head and replied, “Yes Mum.”

They finally stopped at the end of the hall, where Fiona inserted the old fashioned key and swung the door open for Ella to enter. “It will be nice a quiet at this end of the hall.” Ella smiled as she entered, and was pleasantly surprised. The room was light and airy with beautiful furnishings from by gone eras. She was going to have an interesting time looking each piece carefully over. Once Tomas set the large bag beside the bed and Ella put her purse and overnight bag on the bed, Fiona and her son said their goodbyes and left.

Sitting down on the bed Ella flopped back and gave a small whoop! She was finally here and knew deep in her bones that this was a trip she wasn't ever going to forget. She planned to get the maximum information and maybe even do a little socializing. But most important was knowledge such as the old ways and customs. Maybe even discover some new facts. With the material she intended to uncover she would be able to finish her thesis. After all the years of study and research it would finally be complete. She sighed to herself in satisfaction, this was the last leg of a long journey to achieving her doctorate.

A few minutes later she got up opened her bags and unpacked her things. She hadn't brought a lot of clothes as she didn't intend to be very social. Therefore it didn't take her long to put all her things away in the antique chest of drawers and tiny closet. Next she took a shower in the small washroom provided finishing up with brushing her teeth. Taking a deep breath she felt one hundred percent better.

Not surprisingly she felt her stomach rumble loudly, reminding her that she had just a light lunch before getting on the bus late this morning. It had been a long trip over the ocean and then from the airport to the various buses she had to transfer to get here. She knew deep in her heart it had been worth every uncomfortable minute! Glancing at her wristwatch she was surprised how late it was. “No wonder my stomach is grumbling...it's way past seven pm!”

Throwing on a sweater and jeans she quickly wound her wet hair into a bun, grabbed her purse and headed downstairs to the pub. As Ella walked up to the bar, the patrons in the pub all stopped talking and watched the new comer. Feeling a bit uncomfortable Ella ordered a sandwich and the local ale before finding a small empty table near the door. When the people started talking again Ella relaxed as she waited for her food. Glancing around she found the pub to be a mixture of old and newer styles. The bar itself looked well, ancient. While the stools were more contemporary. A few minutes later a young waitress brought the food and waited while Ella dug in her purse for some money. Once the girl had gone Ella took a sip of the ale. She tried not to make a face at the bitterness of the drink. She never had been a fan of ales and beers but thought it better to blend in with the local people. She then took a bite of her sandwich. It was a bit dry but she was hungry so she dug right in.

When she was half way through it, she heard a chair scrap the floor. Glancing around she noticed a rather wobbly man with a glass in his hand was getting up from the table he and his buds were sitting around. Straightening up as best he could he gradually headed towards her direction. Ella watched as he swayed his way across the room and finally stopped beside her. When he kept looking down at her she asked, “Well sir? Can I do something for you?” His eyes widened for a few seconds indicating he was trying to get his thoughts together or decipher her accent.

Finally he mumbled, “ My name's Fin and I just wanted to tell you to be careful if you go out on the moors. Lasses have disappeared in these parts for as longs as anyone can remember and even longer.”

Ella smiled up at him replying, “Thank you for the warning, I will certainly keep that in mind!” He stood for another few seconds nodding his head before taking another sip from his glass. Satisfied that he had done his duty he slowly stumbled his way back to his cronies. They laughed at as he sat down once more one saying something about, “Old wives tales.” Fin mumbled a few words Ella couldn't hear and they all looked at her again.

Ella tried to smile, “These local people ...where do they get these stores? I do have to admit it is part of their charm.” Trying to stifle a yawn she found she couldn't finish her food she was just too tired. It had been a very long day. She took another sip of her ale before standing up, she dug around in her purse and left a small tip on the table. As she left the pub she yawned again and grumbled to herself, “I just need a good night's sleep and will feel right as rain in the morning.” Once she was back in her room she quickly washed up shed her clothes and put on her favorite long t-shirt. In no time at all she was fast asleep.
 

Attachments

  • Ella.jpg
    Ella.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 0
Rowann Pic

Rowann was once again preparing to go into the forbidden forest. The big highlander dressed in his hunting Tartan and slung a shield on the saddle of his enormous stallion Bryce. Then grabbing his large claymore he mounted and rode out of the village. He had been the Chieftain of his tribe for several years now and this would be his third time venturing into the woods since learning it's secret. As he rode towards it his mind wandered back to his earlier years.

As a child growing up not many miles from the forest, he was told of the “Lost Ones.” The tale was that whoever went into the forbidden forest would never come out again. For as long as folks had lived in the area it was known that powerful gods lived deep in the forest and became angry if people trespassed into their domain. No one ever found out what became of them. These stories, passed down from generation to generation, kept most of the young people from wandering into the forest.

But of course there were times young lads wanted to show their bravery. So every generation seemed to lose a young man or two to the forest. Girls were not lost as they never wandered far from the village, What with the raiding parties from other clans out and about. The men from the different clans made part of their living out of stealing cattle, goods and sometimes even women from rival clans. In those days, all clans were rivals. It was a way of life and a good form of entertainment. Strength and bravery was as important as eating to the early Highlanders. It was what kept the clan thriving.

When Rowann was about sixteen in age he had already proven he was a man in battle, being rather larger than most. He secret dream was to go into the forbidden forest and come out again. Just because no one else had ever done it, didn't mean he couldn't! He decided he was old enough to fight anything that came at him. Next morning after packing some food he set out with his weapons telling the chieftain, his father, he was going hunting. Not long after leaving the village and making sure no one saw him, he turned his horse in the direction of the forbidden forest. Two hours later he saw it come into sight. Once he came to the edge he stopped for a few minutes to listen and look around. He had always been one to first contemplate his actions if possible. His Da had always told him that doing so would make him a good chieftain one day.

All was quiet except for the occasional bird call. The interior was dark, the trees tall with most of the leaves many feet above his head. Some of the trees were very old, others much younger as well as smaller. That is when he noticed the large tree to his right. His sharp eyes caught the edge of some kind of mark carved into the base of the trunk. Giving his horse a slight nudge with his foot he signaled it to move forward. Slipping off Rowann bent closer and could now see more marks, in fact the whole base of the tree was marked with Runes. He didn't know what these marks meant as most of his people couldn't read including himself, but he knew they must be important. He ran his hand over the magic marks regarding them as as a good sign. Making note of the kind of tree it was as well as it's location and shape he jumped back onto his horse and entered the forest on the right side of it. Luck was on his side he decided, the old gods were showing him that they approved of him. The runes were proof of that.

He spent the better part of the morning exploring the forest until finding a place to take his lunch, he slid off his horse and tied it close to a clump of grass. There wasn't much in the way of grass since most of the sun didn't reach the ground but he had found a rare clearing and some had managed to grow. Sitting against a tree he did notice there was plenty of wildlife from the sounds he heard. There had been plenty of tracks on bare ground between deep piles of old leaf litter in the low areas blown by the wind.

As he finished his meal of hard bread and cheese he heard a person shout for help. Listening carefully he noted where the shout had came from. Packing up what was left of his meal he decided to investigate. Rowann was mindful of his surroundings. The last thing he needed was to lose his bearings or come across someone he couldn't handle. Taking his horse by the reigns he headed in the direction of the voice. Once he got close enough, he left his horse tied to a tree and cautiously moved forward. The voice had stopped minutes before, then suddenly he heard his horse snort. Cursing to himself he turned and ran back to the place he had left the animal. There was a short stocky man trying to mount his horse. Of course Bryce was having none of it having been trained to allow no one on his back except Rowann or whomever he put on him.

Rowann quickly pulled his claymore off his back then thought better of it. Sliding it back he pulled his dirk out instead making ready to throw it. Just as the man lurched around again struggling with his horse he threw. It hit him straight in the ribs knocking him off the side of Bryce and to the ground. Rowann ran over to the groaning man and crouched down laying his hand on his shoulder. When he saw that it was a fatal wound he asked, “Why didn't you just wait? I wouldn't have hurt you. I need to know more about this forest. Can you tell me anything useful?”

The bleeding man moaned again in pain before looking up at the young man. “All I can tell you is that your doomed, you will never get back home. I have tried again and again with no luck!” He paused and coughed before continuing, “When you leave the forest you somehow end up in another land, it's magic! The old gods have put a curse on the forest, you can't go back home...you will die in here....” With that last word his head fell to the side.

After a moment Rowann drew back retrieving his dirk and wiped it on some moss before putting it back in his belt. He pondered the dead man's words. “What could he mean, another land?” He decided he had been in the forest long enough. Mounting his horse he turned back the way he had come. He glanced up at the sky and noted where the sun was situated making sure it was at his back. He walked his horse carefully as he looked for signs that he had passed by earlier. When he saw bare ground, he saw his horse's hoof print, the right front hoof had been slightly deformed when he was born. At that print he nodded his head. He knew he must not waver, just keep backtracking to the part of the forest he had entered. He knew his luck was still with him, when he'd made it back to the same general area of the forest he had entered. Sliding off his horse and keeping in mind what the man had said, Rowann poked his head out of the edge of the forest.

To his amazement he found himself looking at a totally different landscape. He couldn't help but blink several times. What he was looking at made his heart thud rapidly. The land he knew was gone and in it's place were fields of grass and cattle. Many fat cattle from what he could see but they looked nothing like the shaggy haired cattle of the Highland's nor the shorter haired ones of the lowlands. He pulled his head back and with a frown said out loud, “How can this be? What that man told me is true. It is magic...by the gods! How am I to get back home?” He walked twenty yards to the left, which just happened to bring him closer to the tree with the Runes. He poked his head out again. Now he saw a landscape of small fields of some kind of crops he couldn't identify. Again he leaned back to think. “So let me think....where ever you go out of the forest, you end up in a different land. Therefore I must find that tree with the Runes, that is where I'll find my land again!” He cast his glance around the various tree trunks. Finally he saw with a great sigh of relief that very tree not ten feet away from him.
He took his horse by the reins and lead him out, careful to keep to the left side of the tree. Since he entered on the right, he reasoned that he must return on his left. To his great relief he found himself back in his own land. He knew his luck and canniness was what had saved him from the same fate of the dead man. On second thought it was more like luck and the will of the God's. Bowing his head slightly he thanked them for allowing him to come back home. Having completed his thanks he mounted his horse and rode back to the village vowing never to return.
 
Last edited:
The next morning Ella was awake at the crack of dawn ready to face a new day. She lay in bed for a while making her plans. “I think I'll do some sight seeing today. Maybe take a picnic, a book and find a quiet place on the moors. That way I can begin to soak up the atmosphere that is Scotland. Yes....that sounds like a splendid idea to me!” With that thought she bounced out of bed and walked to the closet. It didn't take long to look at the few dresses she had brought with her. Most of her clothes were practical, but today she didn't want practical she wanted to feel and look like a woman of leisure. Ella reached for her green dress, the one that made her eyes pop. It hugged her figure then flared out at the waist plus at the same time it was comfortable. Mumbling happily to herself she said, “Yes, just the dress for a day of leisure!” After quickly dressing she put on some pretty sneakers. She looked and felt good, all that needed doing was her hair. Within minutes her messy bun was in place at the nape of her neck. With one last look in the dresser mirror she grabbed a small plant field guide and stuffed it in the pocket of her dress. Hoping to find Fiona at the front desk she went down the stairs.

Luck was with her, Fiona came out as soon as Ella's hand hit the desk bell. They chatted about the weather before Ella got down to business. Telling Fiona her plans the older woman nodded her head in understanding. As for a vehicle, Fiona said she would lend a grateful Ella her car for the day. All she needed to do was fill it with petrol. Preparations were made while the girl went to the pub for a quick breakfast. The coffee and fresh rolls with Lorne sausage, fried egg and onions was more then ample. Before long she was stuffed and ready for the day. As Ella took the last sip of coffee, Fiona came in and announced, “When your ready your picnic lunch of fruit, salad, crusty bread and cheese will be waiting for you. I even put a nice bottle of wine in as well.”

Ella replied with a happy grin, “That sounds great, thank you so much!”

Nodding her head, Fiona enjoyed the younger woman's enthusiasm. “All will be ready when you are.”she said before turning to leave the bar. Ella quickly went to her room to clean up before going back downstairs and outside.

Tomas helped put the basket of food and a blanket into a small blue car that was parked in front of the hotel. Ella thanked him before asking directions to the moors where the heather was now blooming. He pointed in the direction for her to take while she slid in and started the car. She waved happily as she drove off.

Ella drove on the highway for a short while before sighting a gravel road that looked interesting. She turned onto the road and drove for at least forty-five minutes before she came to a place she thought would be perfect for her picnic. The view was spectacular. Purple blooming heather surrounded her on rolling hills. It took her breath away. Taking the basket, her book and a blanket she started to walk looking for a spot that would shelter her from the wind that had come up. She finally found a place that dipped down enough to escape the chilly winds but still showed the glorious views of heather and rolling hills. Looking back the way she had come Ella estimated that she was close to half a mile from the car. Never having had a great sense of direction she didn't want to get lost out there. Taking a deep breath she couldn't help but feel contented with life. “Life is good she shouted.” Laughing out loud she spread out a blue plaid blanket setting the basket on one corner and unpacked her lunch.

Looking the food over she thought, “Oh Fiona you have outdone yourself!” With a sigh she settled down first taking the wine and uncorking it. She poured some into a glass she'd found nestled with the crockery. She was surprised at how hungry she was and laughed out loud. “Well exercise will do that...make you hungry!” Lifting her glass up she began sipping her wine and nibbling on the different foods she had set around herself. Once full she reached for her book and settled down with it taking the occasional sip of wine.

Not long after finishing her meal and most of the wine, Ella stretched out and continued to read the plant field guide a little longer. She swatted at the occasional fly. Feeling sleepy from all that wine, she slipped the small book into her dress pocket, laid back and soon dozed off. Not knowing how long she had been asleep Ella suddenly woke up upon hearing the sound of a horse calling over the moors. Her eyes squinted as she sat up. Someone was watching her, she could feel it. She looked around only to find that all seemed normal with the occasional bird calling out and the buzzing fly hovering over some crumbs on the blanket.

Still glancing around she finally spotted what looked like a horse and rider at the top of one of the not too distant hills. Ella narrowed her eyes. The horse was dark and enormous, even at that distance. “Did I drink too much wine? That looks like one big man sitting on a huge horse! I wonder what he is doing out here in the middle of nowhere?” Blinking rapidly to make sure she wasn't dreaming she watched fascinated as the man finally signaled the horse to move. In moments horse and rider started down the hill picking up speed as they neared the bottom.

Ella continued to watch in fascination as they galloped towards her in what seems to her as slow motion. As they drew closer she was reminded of an ancient warlord astride a massive warhorse. He carried a shield, was bare chested with what must have been an early blue tartan type cloth draped around his upper body. The lower half of him was covered with something similar with the end partially covering the rump of his horse. She could also see a dirk tucked in his belt. He stood up giving her a be better view. A long claymore stood high up behind his broad back. Ella licked her lips as she continued to watch, it was so surreal. She noted he wore no leggings or foot ware, but it was a warm sunny day if you were out of the wind. His black hair was long and wild flying out behind him as he rode on.

To her rising panic he wore a demonic grin as he swiftly advanced toward her. The hairs on the back of her neck started to rise. They were galloping much faster now and that is when she realized horse and rider were headed straight for her...or more like over her if she didn't get out of the way. She didn't have time to gather her things. She jumped up and ran to the side while he trampled her picnic and turned the horse around. “What the Hell? She cried out angrily as she spun in the direction of the car. This was not good, she knew she didn't have a hope in getting anywhere near it before the maniac caught up to her.
 
Rowann shook his head as he was brought back to the present. He soon caught sight of the Forbidden Forest. Of course he had not been able to keep that promise to himself. Several years after he had returned from it, the Lowland Clan called the Campbell's had begun a good natured raiding war with them. Things had gone well with youths on both sides stealing cows and other livestock, playing pranks and keeping things light. Indeed Rowann himself had gone on several raids and brought back a few cows himself. There were some injuries on both sides, but they were not serious and indeed the less damage done the more fame was heaped upon the victor.

Then something had happened. No one could say who had struck first. The MacGregor's claimed it was the Campbell's and of course they said it was the other way around, but over the course of several nights men on both sides were killed and others severely injured. What had been a bit of fun between clan's was rapidly escalating into a war. Luckily both chiefs were able to control their Clan's. Unfortunately from then on the raiding took on a more sinister tone. Before enough was always left for the homesteader to survive until the following raid brought their goods back. Now both sides almost picked the isolated farms clean.

Something had to be done and a meeting of the Clan's chiefs was called along with several impartial ones to try and solve it without further bloodshed. Lamentably his Da had died before he could attend and the gathering had never gone ahead. By the time Rowann had been made Chieftain and was ready to talk with the head of Clan Campbell they were no longer willing to. Of course he knew why. They must have thought with him being so young they would be able to take advantage of him and raid with impunity until he was ready to agree to anything they proposed. They had been wrong.

Over the next few months Rowann had concentrated his efforts on shoring up the clan's defenses. The main village was fortified and a palisade built around it. A stone keep big enough for the whole village to shelter inside was constructed and a stockpile of food was gathered and placed in new underground storehouses. All of this took almost a year, during which they continued to raid each other. The MacGregor's concentrated on defending themselves with the occasional raid to recapture what had been taken from them. Happily they did not loose a single man and by the time everything was built Rowann was ready to take the fight to the Campbell's.

Then disaster struck. While on a raid a group of Campbell clansman attacked the new village, To their delight a small group of men came across some young women outside the palisade. They ran them down and carried off three. This was unheard of, women, slaves and children were always left out of the fighting. Oh sure, they may be teased a bit and indeed if a wedding had been arranged between the clan's a man might come and claim his bride in a mock raid, but stealing another clan's women was unheard of. By doing this the Campbell's had sealed their fate. Backed by the entire clan Rowann declared war for all time on them. He vowed to see the clan wiped from existence.

However that did not help the grieving families of the captured women. Rowann fumed knowing he would have little chance of recapturing the women without major losses. Plus he was not willing to stoop to the level of his enemies. He could not raid one of their homesteads and bring back girls to replace their own. After much thought Rowann was able to come up with a plan. One that would work if he was careful and kept this to himself. He could only think of one way, the forest. If the gods were willing he could capture one girl from three different worlds . He would need to take separate trips for each one, but it would be worth it, to him and his clan. He knew it wasn't the same but he would place one girl in each family that had lost a daughter.

He had done just that, venturing in three times so far and returning with a young girl each time. So far he had managed with few problems although there had been a few difficulties understanding the women at first. Their Gaelic was different then theirs and even between each girl there was some differences. Fortunately after consulting his druid on the issue they had managed to brew up a concoction that had helped immensely.

Now it was the final time. None of his clan knew where he was getting these strange women from, they just thought them slaves from some distant land he had captured in a raid, and in a sense this was true. If they found out he knew the secret of the woods they might be tempted to try to raid in these lands themselves. He had no wish to tempt the gods' favor by allowing that. This girl would replace the last that had been stolen and he had promised himself that would be an end to it.

Rowann rode up to the well remembered tree and then along the path he himself had burned into his memory. Soon he approached the way out and he moved slightly more to his right from where he had exited before. He did not want to grab a girl from the same spot each time. He reasoned one girl from each place was fair enough.

Walking out of the woods he carefully dismounted and notched the nearest tree with his sword. He wanted to make sure he entered precisely where he had exited. Then he set off over the rolling hills. It surprised him a little that there were no farms or people around. This was good farming land and livestock could flourish here, yet none seemed to be in evidence. Indeed he rode for almost an hour only rarely sighting signs of life before he came across what he sought.

In the distance lying on a blanket in the purple heather, was a comely looking lass. He stopped Bryce and studied her. Like the others he had taken she was dressed strangely but that was neither here nor there. After searching the landscape, to his delight he found that she was alone. She appeared in good health and he made up his mind. She would do. He found himself impatient to return home. He had already been gone longer on this trip than the others combined and he didn't want to push his luck. Nudging Bryce forward he set off after her.

As he got closer he saw her stand up and look at him. He smiled at her and stood up higher, bracing himself on his horse's back with his knees. He knew the figure he cut, as he had already had many a wench come seeking his bed. At over six and a half feet tall he was one of the largest warriors around. Through years of fighting he had muscles like steel with hardly an ounce of fat on him. His chest was bare with the Tartan of his clan diagonally across it. With the handle of his great claymore waving above his head he was undeniably a sight to behold. Indeed many a solo lowland warrior had run upon seeing him.

His smile grew wider as the small lass seemed mesmerized by the sight of him and was failing to move. Och this would be an easy capture. Then at the last moment as he began to reach for her, she spun away and then yelled at him. Just what she yelled he had no idea. Once again he could not understand her language, but he pulled Bryce up and came at her again, this time a little slower, ready to go one way or the other depending on what the girl did.

He did note however that up close she was a much better looking beauty. Holding his hands up he smiled at her. " Do not worry Lass", he told her in Gaelic, " I won't harm you.”
 
Ella stood her ground trying to figure out why the man was chasing her. "What is he going to do? Kidnap or worse kill me? For the love of god, I have no money!" Pushing her hair out of her face she got herself ready to move again. He slowed his horse down and held his hands up. She took a quick glance to see where next to run when she heard him speak. To her surprise he spoke gently like she was some kind of deer he needed to gentle. If she wasn't so afraid she would have laughed.

"Do not worry Lass", he told her in Gaelic, " I won't harm you.”

Ella blinked thinking, "Is that some kind of archaic Gaelic he is speaking? Too bad I don't have time to find out!" She shouted," You stay away from me!" before she turned and ran.

Looking back as she ran Ella could not believe she was being tormented by a madman on a horse!. She screamed and kept running. Once he was barely a few feet behind her she saw him bend down towards her, with one hand securely on the pommel of his saddle he reached for her with the other. She leaped to the side at the last moment falling as she did. She cursed as she quickly got back up and ran on towards a steep rocky hilltop. Keeping her eyes on him she saw him attempt to come around to cut her off. She sprang to the left swearing at him, when he once again went to grab hold of her. This time she was nearly trampled by the horse's hooves. She just couldn't move fast enough. It had now become a battle of wills.

Breathing heavily Ella saw the steep hill was only twenty feet away, with the last of her strength she ran like the devil was after her. At the hill she half crawled half ran up the steep slop, hoping the horse wouldn't be able to follow. Once she got to the top she was able to stumble on while holding onto her side. If she could somehow get across the hilltop and down the other side, maybe she could hide from him. Gasping now she kept moving her tired legs.
 
Last edited:
Rowann again heard the woman shout and watched as she tried to run away. He smiled. Good this woman had spirit, if not too many smarts. She should realize when to cut her losses. A woman on foot could never hope to outrun a warhorse like his Bryce. Still he could toy with her some more.

He let her run a little and then urged Bryce after her, following close behind. Her screams excited the horse and he laughed as he reached down to grab her once again.

Still she persisted in her foolish attempts to escape, throwing herself to the ground and rolling away. He cursed under his breath as she got up and ran towards the top of a rocky cliff. Smiling again he pursued. If she thought that would stop Bryce she was mistaken. he had grown up in the Highlands and was as sure footed as any goat.

Again he reached for her and again she dodged, this time almost getting trampled under his horses hooves. Only a last second tug on the reins saving her. Unlike a normal horse which would have shied away from trampling her, Bryce would have had no qualms about stepping on her, crushing her dead or injuring her badly. he was a warhorse and had been trained to do so.

He was now getting angry. Could she not tell that she could not escape? As she ran up the hill he followed with ease until she was at the top. He looked over the side and saw the twenty foot drop and cut off her escape route. getting off his horse he approached her, again with his arms out wide.

"It has been a merry chase Lass but you are caught now. Give up and no harm will come to ye this I swear."

He hoped she could understand him or at least his gestures and facial expressions. If not he was going to have to use force for he was not going to leave this place without her.
 
Still breathing heavily Ella couldn't believe that that huge horse had been able to climb up such a steep incline. The man slid off the animal trying to hide his anger. Attempting to make some kind of sense out of his garb she realized this guy was either a highlander or madman pretending to be a highlander. It didn't really matter. She watched tensely as he slowly approached with his arms out speaking his strange Gaelic,

"It has been a merry chase Lass but you are caught now. Give up and no harm will come to ye this I swear."

She backed away still holding onto the pain in her side. Her other arm shot out, “You stay away from me!” Ella cried out, trying to reason with the wild man. Make no mistake, he did look like a wild man. In her panic she couldn't understand what he was trying to convey to her, but knew it couldn't be good. As he continued to move forward gesturing at her, she kept stepping back trying to keep some distance between them.

She took one more step and saw his piercing blue eyes widen. That's when she felt some of the stones under her feet were becoming loose. Ella's lips formed an O as she started slipping downwards. He reached out trying to get her to stop moving. It was too late. She and the rocks were going down. Quickly glancing behind she saw she had backed off a shelf of rock. Over the edge there was at least a twenty foot drop to a bed of rocks at the bottom. She screamed as she went over desperately trying to grab onto the shelf....her hands clutched at the edge of the shelf. Ella screamed again. Just as her fingers slipped on the cold stone she felt a huge hand grasp her wrist.

Ella hung in the air legs dangling as her other arm tried to grasp at some hopelessly skinny roots. The pain in her wrist from her entire weight and his crushing hold was unbearable. She shrieked in pain, kicking her legs. Looking upwards she wailed, "Help me you brute! Your breaking my wrist! Pull me up damn you!"
 
Last edited:
Rowann had watched as the woman had continued to back away from him despite his pleas for her to stand still. Did she not understand the danger she was in? Were all women in this period so stupid that they did not pay attention to their surroundings? Even the most Bull headed of a Highland woman would have realized by now she could not escape and resigned herself to being caught, yet this one still tried to get away.

He admired her spirit and spunk but she was going to get herself hurt or killed.

Sure enough even as she cried out in anger she began to step back even further and he saw her foot move too far back. He rushed towards her but she started to tumble over the edge, her eyes widening in terror and he dived and managed to grab her wrist before she fell to her death.

Looking down into her face he saw the pain written all over it, but then she again yelled at him, and although he could not understand it, from the tone he knew she was not thanking him.

Grimacing he began to pull and finally raised her enough that he was able to get up on his knees and then grab her with both hands and pull her up and over the edge. Unfortunately her dress was snagged on a rock and was ripped from her knees to the bottom, but he thought that a small price to pay for her life. Besides it would make it easier for her to move around in now.

Standing up he looked down at her and shrugged. Turning to Bryce he took a small piece of rope from his saddlebag and while she was still recovering he bound her hands together. He was tired of playing her silly games and he wanted to get back home, he had already been gone to long. Picking her up with ease he threw her over the neck of his horse and then mounted behind her. Again picking her up he arranged her so she was sitting in front of him and then with one muscular arm he pulled her to him so she was secure and then turned and guided Bryce down the hill and then began to canter off towards the forest over the gently rolling hills.
 
As Ella was slowly pulled back up, she closed her eyes and tried to ignore the pain in her poor wrist. Dirt fell on her face as she bumped against the cliff. Once her head was above the ridge she felt his hands grab hold of her and haul her back to solid ground. She rolled onto her back trying to recover from such a close call with death. Lifting up her left arm she looked at her poor wrist, it was already swelling. "Great!" she mumbled.

Suddenly Ella felt rough hands turn her onto her stomach. She felt his knee press down on her lower back as he pulled her arms around. Cheek plastered onto the gritty stones, she gasped, "Oh my gods, can't you give me a break?" He continued on, gently holding her hands together while tying them securely. Ella gritted her teeth as she closed her eyes not wanting to give him the satisfaction of hearing her cry out anymore. "Maybe I should let him think I've given up...yes. But not totally, I have to make it believable! Sooner of later I will get a chance to escape!"

When he was done he whistled for his horse to come closer. Grasping her by the waist he picked her up easily and tossed her over the horse's massive neck. The breath was knocked out of Ella but she said nothing. Placing his huge hand on her backside to keep her from slipping off, she felt the saddle move as he mounted. Once settled he lifted her to a sitting position between his thighs. Ella couldn't help but give him a dirty look before turning her head away. Her hair had come undone long ago. Having been practically upside down she had to blow it out of her face to be able to see. A large hard muscled arm came around her waist and pulled her up against his massive chest.

As he guided the horse over the lip of the hill and over. Ella's eyes opened wide as they began sliding downward. She shut her eyes tightly imagining the horse toppling over and rolling on top of the both of them. Once at the bottom she opened her eyes sighing in relief. The horse was prompted into a mile eating lope.

Eventually to Ella's dismay she could see they were headed for a dark area that looked like some kind of ancient forest miles away in the center of the rolling moors. A frightened and angry Ella bounced around as she tried to pull away from the man and his heated body. Sitting between his bare thighs was just too close for comfort. Her eyes momentarily widened, “Do I feel what I think I'm feeling against my bum? No way....he better keep that thing to himself if he knows what's good for him!” He pulled her back up against his chest once more chuckling to himself. Whether she liked it or not she couldn't budge now as they galloped across the rugged land. “Yup, it is what I thought,” She turned her head to scowl up at him, only to see him raise an eyebrow and grin. Ella turned her head back grinding her teeth. " I'm going to need a plan if I'm to have any hope of getting out of this predicament."
 
Last edited:
Rowann smiled as he held the woman against his body and rode towards the forest. He was impressed with the way she felt against him. Her body was toned and fit and her buttocks firm. Occasionally his arm was jostled upward and he was able to feel how pert and upright her breasts were. In fact he was amazed at how firm they were.

The further they rode the more the idea of keeping this woman as his own grew in his mind. There was also something else that began to grow and grow. Well it was only natural, having a beautiful woman bouncing practically in your lap was bound to do that to you.

Pulling her closer to him he chuckled a little at the thought of making her his. Of course she would need to learn her place a little first. He liked her fire and passion, but there was a time and a place for that. Still he imagined her with a sword and almost laughed. Considering the slap she had given him and the way she had faced him down, he had no problems imagining her as a warrior.

Finally the forest came into view and he sighed deeply, he was almost home. Guiding Bryce towards where he thought he had come in, he searched until he saw his mark and then entered. Within ten strides the world turned dim as the sun was obscured by the limbs of the trees. Rowann was used to this and paused to allow his eyes to adjust. Then making sure he still had a good hold on the woman he began to move forward slowly always searching for his marks.

Soon they were deep into the forest and he was beginning to relax. He would be back to his land soon and he would never have to enter this forest again. Then the woman began to squirm. "Stop that. What is your problem Lass?"
 
As they entered the forest, Ella was not surprised they couldn't see the interior further then a few bus lengths. As they traveled she could hear various birds calling to each other. Once they were deeper into the forest she got an idea. It was time to exchange names if nothing else. She had heard that if you formed a relationship with your kidnapper, he might not harm you? It was a good theory, she didn't know if it was valid or not. She squirmed against him until he said,

"Stop that. What is your problem Lass?"

Turning her head she looked up into his blue eyes and said, “Ella....my name is Ella.” Nodding her head as she spoke. She waited a moment and repeated herself, “My name is Ella....what is yours?” Indicating she wanted his name. She waited for him answer. He replied in his archaic Gaelic but she was able to catch "Rówann" She nodded her head satisfied. They continued on in silence.

It seemed like days instead of hours since Ella had been riding on the horse. Her behind was starting to throb with every bump. Glancing up at Rówann she tried to convey that she needed a rest and to relieve herself. Using only her head since her hands were tied behind her back she said, “Rówann...I need to go to the bathroom and could use a rest too.” She looked at him hopefully as she nodded her head toward some bushes. He finally got the idea and brought his horse to a halt. Untying her hands he lifted her down issuing orders as she walked away. Nodding she replied, "I know...I know...don't go far or run off." Her eyes glittered knowing this might be her change to escape him.

He watched her give him a resigned nod before turning away. Marching to the bush she went around and did her business. As she straightened up Ella noticed a flash in the grass a few feet away. Walking the few feet over to it she brushed the grass away and found the tip of some kind of metal object. Carefully she pulled at it until it came lose from the soft soil. To her astonishment she held an ancient Celtic broach in her hand. It seemed to be in pretty rough shape which didn't surprise her. Sadly as she carefully brushed the dirt off, most of the broach fell to bits leaving only the pin intact.

She heard Rówann shout and frowned shouting, "Yeah yeah, I'm coming!" Swiftly cleaning the pin as best she could, she shook and rewound her tousled hair sliding the pin in. As she did this, a jolt like electricity shot through her body. She blinked whispering, “That was odd!” She heard him shout again, this time with mounting anger. Rolling her eyes, she shouted back, “If you think I am coming back to you...think again! I'm going back home if it's the last thing I do!” With that, she starting running, trying to backtrack as best as she could tell.

She knew that beast of a man would run her down. But that wouldn't stop her from trying. To her surprise she evaded him until she came to a small running stream. Splashing into it, Ella knew her tracks would now disappear. She's seen enough cowboy movies to know that much. Running along the stream for a few minutes she heard him shout again. He sounded furious now. Looking desperately around Ella spotted a small being. Glancing back once to make sure he hadn't seen her yet Ella looked at the being again pondering, “What is happening to me? Where am I, this looks like a Brownie from some Scottish mythology. Only I know they aren't real so I must be dreaming. He was about ten or twelve inches high and wore a vest and shorts, and a hat as tall as he was. To top it all off he had a huge nose and funny pointed shoes. She felt like giggling as she watched him frantically speaking and pointing to a pile of rocks with shrubs around it. To her astonishment she could understand his words. “Lass go hide within those rocks behind the bush!” He nimbly ran over and pushed the branches aside to show her a small hidden cavity. There was no time to think she knew Rówann would be within eyesight in mere seconds. She ran to it bending down low before crawling inside. Meanwhile the Brownie quickly covered her tracks from the stream and promptly disappeared.
 

Attachments

  • Finn.jpg
    Finn.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
As the woman stopped struggling she looked up at him and spoke.

"Ella, ehys jdhf fh Ella."

Rowann looked down at her in puzzlement. He knew she was trying to tell him something, but what would it be? Again she looked into his eyes and repeated her gibberish but that one word stuck out again, Ella, and she seemed to be looking at him expecting him to say something in return.

Then he understood and looking at her he smiled saying, "My name is Rowann MacGreggor Lass."

They continued to ride on in silence until she wriggled around again and in frustration he looked at her again. It was annoying not knowing what she was saying but through her many gestures and the screwing up of her face and wriggling of her hips he finally got the idea. She needed to relieve herself. Well he supposed she wouldn't run away in these woods. She would only get lost and he would only have to find her and then punish her.

Drawing his dirk he untied her hands and then gently set her down. Looking at her menacingly he gestured at the bushes, "Just to those ones Lass and no further. I will be watching and if you run the punishment will be severe."

He watched her walk away and was again impressed by how his threats had not cowed the woman. He would have to keep a close eye on her.

He watched her disappear behind the bush and waited a suitable amount of time then began to call for her to come out. He heard her call out something then heard nothing. "Get your Ass out here Lass or I will belt it so black and blue you will not sit down for a week," he yelled.

She yelled back something and then he heard snapping undergrowth. Cursing he urged Bryce through the bush and saw her running off. Giving a yell he set off after her but the Lass was cunning. She kept moving through small groves of trees forcing him to go around and running through bushes. She was moving in the general direction they had come but was moving further away from their tracks. Calling for her to stop before they became totally lost he chased after her.

When he came to the stream he knew he had to hurry. He could loose her trail quickly in this. Slowly he moved up it searching for her tracks and he passed a small pile of rocks. He was tempted to dismount and search them but he saw small footprints further on leading away from the opposite bank and he urged Bryce ahead and followed them.

The trail was easy to follow, a footprint here, a broken branch there, exactly what he would expect to see from a fleeing girl, but after ten minutes he slowed. Something wasn't right. He had not caught a glimpse of her and he could swear he was being led deeper into the woods. Stopping he looked around and saw a fog begin to develop behind him. Quickly urging Bryce back the way they had come he made it close to the river before the trail disappeared.

Cursing blue murder he looked around. Now he was trapped in the Forest without his prize, with no idea were he was, and with night rapidly approaching. His only other concern was that if he had not been following the girls trail, just what had happened to her?
 
Ella had just turned around and peeked between the branches when she saw the Highlander and his horse come into view. She wiped her forehead knowing just how lucky she was. As he drew nearer she held her breath and slowly drew back until she could go no further. Her heart raced as she saw the shadow of horse and ride stop just feet away from her hiding place. Finally he moved on. She leaned forward enough to see that he had his horse in the stream. She watched as he left the stream and slowly rode away. Ella took a deep breath and slumped against the rocks whispering, “Oh gods but that was a close one!”

Once she didn't hear anymore noise she pushed the branches aside and came out from the small hiding place. Before her stood the little man again. He smiled up at her and said, "Now Lass if you don't want the big man to catch you, I suggest you follow me. I know a good place to hide." Ella nodded her head gratefully, glad to have someone to help her. He guided her through the forest turning every once in awhile to encourage her with a friendly smile or nod of his head.

Meanwhile Ella tried to remember her Scottish folklore....she knew there was plenty of small folks. She had never studied much mythology being more interested in real history. She knew there were benign spirits as well as baleful ones. Some could even be sinister. As far as she could remember, Brownies were supposed to be helpful household spirits that did things in exchange for gifts of food.

So she felt she should be safe with this little fellow. She did wonder why this one was in the forest. At least the little guy was friendly and they soon exchanged names. His name was Finn. Ella asked about the forest to which he shrugged his shoulders and said, “Indeed, tis very old...our forest." He wasn't inclined to give her anymore information so she let the subject drop. She was feeling the events of the day and looked forward to having a proper rest.

They seemed to walk for hours but it was hard to tell the time in the gloomy forest. They finally reached a place that reminded her of some kind of permanent camp. She saw fire pits lined with stone and pots with utensils sticking out of the tops. There was also some clothes hung on nearby bushes along with a few tools leaning against trees. Ella's guide encouraged her to follow him to other side of the camp. As she walked she saw some curious eyes peek out from around tree trunks and small hollows within the larger trees. She began to wonder if this was such a good idea when her guide stopped and pointed at the base of a large oak tree. “You look tired Lass, lay yourself down on the bed of grass that has been made up for you. I'll be right back with something warm for you to drink." He disappeared as she glanced at the the bed. It did look inviting, she could see it was made up of lots of grasses and moss like plants. All of a sudden her body felt heavy and her eyelids could not stay open. She lay down feeling very relaxed. Finn was suddenly bending over her with a warm mug of what smelled like whisky and herbs. Before putting the drink to her lips she asked, “What is this?”

He smiled his friendly smile, “Atholl brose, a drink made of oatmeal brose, honey and whiskey. Drink it all down for it will keep you warm all night Lass." He watched as she drank it all to the last drop before handing the mug back to him. Finn smiled as he watched Ella's eyes flutter shut. She was soon fast asleep. He covered her with an old ragged blanket grinning with the thoughts of his plans for the young lass.
 

Attachments

  • Forbidden Forest 2.jpg
    Forbidden Forest 2.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Rowann rode around for the next hour trying to find any trace of a trail. It took all of his tracking skills but finally he was able to find the stream again. Sticking to it he moved in the direction he believed he had come from until he came to the pile of rocks he recognized.

This was the area he was sure he had lost the true trail of Ella. Somewhere around here he should be able to find it again, but it wouldn't be now. The sun was sinking and the little light that penetrated the thick branches was rapidly vanishing.

Unsaddling Bryce and letting him wander, he rapidly made camp and soon had a blaze going and a hearty broth cooking over it. He had not expected to be gone this long, but one always prepared for the worse. He had almost a weeks worth of rations in his saddlebags along with a few other surprises.

Gathering grasses, leaf litter, and sweet smelling moss, he made a bed for himself and laid his bed roll on top of it near the fire. Banking it up so it would burn warmly through the night he placed his weapons within easy reach and then using his saddle as a pillow he went to sleep.

During the night a small wee man crept towards the small camp and spied on the sleeping man. Smiling it tried to get closer but the stamping hooves of the large warhorse had it running away cursing. Still it would stay and keep an eye on this one. Who knew what more mischief it could get up to.
 
Unobserved Finn had put a few drops of a potion in the mug before giving it to her. Walking away he was happy with this day's work. Between the potion and his tired spell the girl should sleep so soundly that no amount of noise would wake her. He called a meeting of his people.

As Ella slept, the rest of the little people came out of hiding. There must have been at least two dozen of them of which Finn was the chieftain. Most of them were men, and as they surrounded the sleeping woman one fellow asked, "And what are we going to do with the human female?"

Still grinning Finn shook his head and asked them, ”Funny you should ask that. Now what are you lads always complaining to me about? Everyone looked puzzled, a few took their caps off and scratched their heads. Finally Rion piped up,

"Could it be we never have enough Atholl brose?" Finn laughed,

”That may be true enough. But think again lads." He waited a bit more before adding, "Then I'll be telling you. Your always saying you need more women to mend your worn and tattered clothes. Especially your beloved hoods and caps!" They all stared at him in wonder, someone shouted,

”Och aye ...aye! That's it we all have clothes that need mending Our women never get around to doing their chores!"

One of the women in a small group on the outskirts of the crowd ground her teeth before shouting fiercely, ”Och aye, it's about time you lazy maggots got us poor women some help!" Glancing at Finn she added, "Meaning no disrespect Finn."

The men clapped their hands in glee. Finn waited til all was quiet before continuing, "Now I have given the lass a drop of my forgetful potion in her Atholl brose. She'll not remember anything, including her own name. Just call her Lass, that is all she needs to know. I suggest you go to your beds and sort out the garments that need mending. Just don't bring all the clothes at once. We don't want to scare the poor lassie do we?) They all whispered,

"Noooo...noooo we don't want to scare the poor lassie!" Still grinning Finn added, "Right, I'll bring my clothes first then pick one or two of you to bring theirs. In the end you all will get your mending done!" They all happily agreed with his words. A few even did a jig of sorts as they went to their various abodes.
 

Attachments

  • Brownie women.jpg
    Brownie women.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 0
Rowann slept well and awoke at first light. Stretching he took care of his morning business then began to cook some gruel while he got some water from the stream. It was cool and refreshing and after drinking and washing his face and upper body he felt alive and awake.

Grinning he checked on his breakfast and then began a quick series of morning exercises. He stretched out then a quick practice with his claymore. Afterwards he again wiped himself down then sat and ate while thinking of his options.

His main one was to try and pick up her trail and then track where she had gone. Of course what was puzzling was how she had fooled him in the first place. She had to have gotten help, but from who and how.

There was no way she could know anything in this forest, and he was hard pressed to think of anything that would help her and leave no tracks for him to follow. As he ate he wracked his brain thinking of all the old wives tales and legends he knew of.

By the end of his breakfast he had a few suspects. The Aos Si could be involved. They would be able to hide the girl and their own tracks from him and they had they magic to fool him. Their were Dunnie's to consider or even a pure Brownie. They would definitely want to kidnap a woman for different reasons and both would have been able to lead him on a merry chase while leading her away.

Out of them all though he suspected the Brownies more. This was the sort of area they loved and it would have been easier for several creatures to have pulled of this deception and both the Aos Si and Dunnie were solitary creatures.

Now he had an idea what to look for he should be able to track his prey, though it would be hard. He would have to go slow and it would be best to lead Bryce. Packing up his camp until it looked like no one had even been there he began his search. It took awhile but finally he found the beginnings of a trail and smiling he set off.
 
The next morning Ella woke up and yawned mightily stretching out her arms. She hadn't slept so well in a very long time. How she knew that, she didn't really have a clue, just that she felt good. She sat up and looked around. She seemed to be in a forest of sorts and her bed was made of grass and moss. As she thought about it a small man carrying a pile of clothes in his arms came over and asked, "How are you doing today Lass?" She smiled at him puzzled. "I have some more mending for you to do, you do remember my name don't you?" When she frowned he quickly added, "Don't worry Lass, my name is Finn and I am your good friend. When your finished with these garments, there will be more mending to do. I want you to do as much as you can. But first I have your breakfast and favorite drink ready.) Ella watched him curiously.

Dropping the pile beside her he pulled out a small bag of thread and needles from one of his many pockets placing it beside the garments. Straightening his small frame up he went over to a fire and took some rashers of bacon putting them on a tin plate. Standing so his back was to Ella he then took a mug and poured a few drops of green liquid from a small bottle he took another pocket. Reaching for a large jug he proceeded to fill the mug with some heated Atholl brose. Taking the plate and mug he went over to a tree that had a small yellow sack hanging from a low limb. Setting the plate down he took the sack down and withdrew a small round of cheese. Breaking a piece off he put it onto the plate before slipping the rest back in the sack. Next he took out a loaf of bread. Like the cheese he pulled off a chunk of bread and put it along side the bacon before putting the rest of the loaf back in the sack. He hung it back onto the limb picked up the plate bringing it over to her he announced, ”Eat up quickly you have a lot of work to do today. I want you to mend this pile of garments before lunch time. Can you do that?" She nodded her head as she started to eat. Satisfied with her answer he added, ” That's a good lass, I have things to do now but will be back at noon with your lunch and some more mending for ya!"

As he walked away Ella frowned a little as she continued to eat her food, taking sips of the warm beverage between bites. It seemed like she should know more then just that she lived here in a forest was called Lass and mended clothes. But she couldn't remember anymore than what Finn told her. Shrugging her shoulders she finished her meal and took a red hood off the top of the pile. Finding some red thread and a needle she settled down to mend the tear in it. By the time noon came around Ella had just finished the last garment. As Finn came over to her she saw he had a cup of water and some more bread and cheese from the sack plus a handful of nuts for her lunch. Ella wondered if that sack ever got empty. It didn't look any smaller. Setting the garment onto the finished pile she said, “I've finished the mending, can I go for a walk after my lunch?”

Startled he replied, ”No...no my dear you have way too much work to finish before you can go for a walk. Besides there are dangerous beasts roaming about the forest. You must stay within the confines of the camp. We look after you and all your needs. In return you mend our garments. Understand?”

She answered thoughtfully, “I suppose I do....yes of course your right I need to do my work first.” He smiled down at her and made a signal with his hand. Two small men came running over, each with a load of garments for her to mend. They set them beside the girl and left without even a thank you. She frowned as she watched them walk away. Finn noting this said,

”Don't worry about them, they don't have any manners, weren't taught any! You just finish your lunch and work on your mending. I'll check on you later." Taking his pile of mended garments he turned and walked away. Ella frowned again before she whispered,

“You didn't thank me either.” Sighing Ella picked up her needle and thread, selected a garment and went to work while nibbling on her food. Deciding she wanted, no she needed to go for a walk she hastily sewed all afternoon. Finally putting the last garment down not long before the sun was to set. Finally Ella stood up and stretched thinking, “A quick walk around the camp before supper would do me a world of good. Besides I've done a good day's work and have earned some respite!” Straightening her torn dress she wished she had something better to wear. “I'll have to ask Finn about a new dress.” she mumbled to herself as she strode towards the perimeter of the camp.

It didn't take long for the wee folk to realize the human female was walking freely about their camp. Both Leis and Rion ran to fetch Finn. He would know what to do! Meanwhile Ella was enjoying her walk looking around, at what the camp was all about, she had a naturally curious nature. She glanced past the boundary and saw a small purple creature. It looked like it was stressed. She immediately set out to get a closer look. Coming up to it she kept her voice soft as she talked. It looked up at her and reached out with it's little arms. Ella picked it up and cuddled it against her chest. That is when Finn rushed up to her in alarm, ”What are you doing here? I told you to not to leave your sleeping place. Leave that creature and come back immediately!"

Ella looked wide eyed at the red faced little man. Feeling stubborn she stated,

“No, this creature is helpless and alone, I want to keep it!”

Finn got redder and shouted, ”Lass do you know what it is? It's a baby troll, and you can't keep it. It's ma will be looking for it! Now put it back I tell ya!"

Sticking her chin out while turning a deaf ear to his pleas she repeated,

“No, I want to keep it....if...if you don't let me have it I won't mend anymore garments!” She watched him from the corner of her eye and waited to see what he would do.

He looked like his wee head was going to explode. After a few moments of fuming Finn gave in. After all he knew most troll mothers sooner or later abandoned their offspring. He hoped this one would not be looking for her infant. Finally he huffed and growled, “Right you can have it, but mind it's food will be coming out of your share. So if your hungry don't come crying to me. Now come back!” He turned and stomped angrily away. Ella gladly followed Finn back to camp and sat down on her soft bedding. She took some of her leftover bits from her lunch and fed it to the small creature. It devoured the food in seconds, looking for more. She cooed to it and set it in a soft hollow covering it with some moss. It closed it's yellow eyes and was soon snoring lightly.

Shouting for Rion to fetch the Lass's supper ration of bread and cheese a still angry Finn stomped over and dumped a rather large pile of garments onto Ella's lap. She looked up in surprise. Scowling he turned and went over to the fire. As Rion dutifully did as he was told Finn made up Ella's special Atholl brose. Giving it to her twice a day made sure it was well into her system. Soon he intended to give it only once a day to keep her in the her present state of forgetfulness. Still if stopped even now it would take at least two or three days to get completely out of her system and her memories would come back slowly in bits and pieces. It was a powerful potion. As he handed her the mug he announced,

”As a punishment for you waywardness I'm giving you this extra pile of garments on top of what you will receive in the morning! If you don't keep up the creature goes!" Taking the mug and setting it beside the tin plate Ella nodded her acceptance of Finn's orders. She ate her dinner leaving a good amount for the cute creature and emptied her mug, enjoying it's flavor very much. She yawned, it had been a long day and she was tired, she soon fell asleep.

As Ella slept Finn paced around the cook fire thinking about how to keep the human under control. He began to wonder if it had been so wise to bring her to his camp. She was turning out to be more trouble then she was worth. Now he had to worry about having an angry Troll mother possibly rampaging through the campsite. Suddenly an idea came to him.

He went to his home in a hollow of one of the bigger trees and rummaged inside a chest until he found a chain with a manacle. Hefting it over his shoulder he also put a lock in his pocket and left. Quietly sneaking over to the sleeping woman he cast a deep sleep spell on her. Once he knew she wouldn't waken he put the manacle on her ankle snapping it shut and wound the other end around the trunk of the tree clicking the lock securely into place. She would no longer be able to do as she pleased. He stood over her thoughtfully, “If the troll comes seeking her infant, as usual his people would disappear but this poor lass would probably not survive.” He had a bad feeling about all of this. He sighed as he went back to his home. He had planned on leaving her in the forest once she had finished mending all the garments. He doubted she would very survive long. But she was a drain on his people's resources and couldn't stay forever anyways. He wasn't a mean spirit just a practical one.

Soon after sunrise the little people were just getting breakfast started when a loud roar echoed throughout the forest. All eyes turned, a few of the women cried out. The roar echoed again, sounding very angry. As feet scurried around a very groggy Ella stirred trying to sit up.
 

Attachments

  • Baby purple Troll.jpg
    Baby purple Troll.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Rowann was not having a very enjoyable morning. Whatever he was tracking he knew it was not human. Nothing Human could move through a place like this and leave no signs of passing. He was having to go so slowly so as not to lose the trail he was hardly making any progress at all.

In the few hours he had been moving, he had barely gone a mile from his campsite. At this rate he could be searching for weeks for the woman and still be no closer to finding her. Yet he could not just abandon her out here to whatever had taken her. It was his fault she was here in the first place and he was honor bound to make sure she made it out.

Sighing he continued on and by noon he had managed to progress another several miles. Still by the way the tracks were (When he could find them), he knew they had been traveling rapidly, so there was no telling how far they had gone. Even if they had been walking at a decent pace from the time he had lost her until nightfall, it would mean they could have gotten at least ten miles away and he was hardly three miles on their trail after half a day.

If the going started to get tougher or as he expected, if whoever had captured her covered it's tracks better the closer it got to wherever it or they were going, this was not going to be the quick and easy rescue he was hoping for. He could only pray that something happened that helped him locate her sooner, rather than later.

After a quick lunch of dried meat, hard bread and cheese, he continued on at the slow steady pace. There was no use rushing and loosing the trail altogether, he just had to be patient and think of this like a hunt. Smiling to himself he continued on. There was no one better than Rowann MacGreggor on a hunt.

However by nightfall he still had not found Ella, nor her captors. Once again he found himself camping in the woods, this time in a small clearing. He had a feeling he was getting closer to his quarry but how close he did not know. It was frustrating, but the big man kept his feelings under control. There was a time and a place for them, but a hunt was no place for frustration.

As he sat next to his fire preparing his dinner, he heard the sound of boughs breaking and twigs snapping. Drawing his claymore he stood up and put himself between the fire and the sounds. Suddenly a Female Troll walked into the clearing and stared hard at him. It raised it's head and sniffed hard then seemed to crouch in upon itself before sitting down on the edge of the firelight.

Rowann was at once frightened and intrigued. Here was a being out of legend that few had ever seen, yet at the same time it appeared to be tired and sad. Placing his Claymore back in it's sheathe, he approached it carefully and stopped just out of it's reach. Looking at it thoroughly he saw that it was covered in scratches and bruises, yet it appeared to take no notice of them. Gathering up his courage he coughed and then began to talk.

"You appear to be in some distress Uhhh....Madam," he began. Well his Ma had always told him to be polite. "Is there anything I can help you with."

The large Troll looked at him and then shrugged. "You are polite for one of your kind Human. Normally I would have been attacked and as tired as I am I may have been killed, instead you offer kindness. For that you have my thanks. In return I will not attack you and tell you my ill." She got comfortable and then sighing began.

"Two days ago I went hunting, leaving my baby hidden in my den. Unfortunately while I was out, some animal burrowed in but was no match for my precious." A glint of motherly pride appeared in her eyes. "Of course he was curious and explored the tunnel it had created and wandered off. By the time I came back he was lost and I have spent all this time looking for him, following his faint scent."

Rowann could sympathize, after all her plight was similar to his only hers was much worse. She had lost her child and there was nothing worse for a mother, after all wasn't that why he had begun these trips in the first place.

"Then allow me to help you. It seems we are traveling in the same direction and quite possibly your son is with the person I seek."

This idea had only just occurred to Rowann, but even if she wasn't as long as they were going in the same direction it didn't matter.

The Troll thought about it then nodded her head and Rowann offered her food and water which she gratefully took. Before first light they were up and moving and he was surprised when she indeed seemed to be following the same trail. They were able to go much faster following her nose than his eyes and made excellent time with Rowann only having to check every now and again for signs of Ella's passing.

Towards Sunrise the troll got very agitated and started to run. "My son is very close. If any harm has come to him," she growled. As the ran on she sneezed and then growled even louder. "Brownies! Brownies have my baby!"

She set off at a dead run and Rowann mounted Bryce and followed behind. As the sun rose and light finally began to filter into the forest she set up a thunderous roar. "Close now human be ready." Roaring again she charged forward and Rowann could see a clearing in the distance.
 
By the time the second roar echoed through the forest, Ella had become fully awake, fuzzy but awake. Things started happening quickly now. She heard a small cry from the baby creature at her side. His wee head had popped up from under his moss blanket. He started to crawl away crying out, "Maaa maaa.....maaa!" Ella noted that the Brownies were franticly running around gathering pots and tools and anything they deemed of some value and proceeded to hide them. Tree hollows were being rapidly filled. Ella knew the infant could be hurt from their frantic activities. She reached out for him, but he was too far already. Calling to the little mite she tried to get up.

That is when she found she couldn't move her left leg. Pulling the blanket off her jaw dropped. Someone had put a chain on her ankle! Grabbing it she first tried to open the manacle, then looking at the baby again she franticly tried to squeeze her ankle out of the thing. Still no luck, standing up now she called to the infant as a Brownie barely missed running it over. "Come back....baby come back!" He stopped and looked back at her. She smiled and called again. He turned around and started to crawl back to her.

Holding onto the chain Ella moved towards the infant ready to pick him up as soon as he came within reach. As she encouraged him she heard the sudden noise of breaking branches and thudding feet. Glancing in that direction she saw to her horror a huge mostly green creature came into view. Ella's eyes widened in dismay. Trying to keep her fright under control she again called, this time in a hushed voice, "Come back to me wee one, hurrrrry!"

When the huge angry creature had made it's appearance all the Brownies had instantly disappeared dropping whatever they had been carrying. That left only Ella and the small infant in the clearing. As the infant drew nearer Ella grabbed him and ran around to the back of the oak trying to hide. The infant started to wail since she was squeezing him too tight in her fear.

The huge creature's head turned towards the wailing sounds, it started to run towards them.
 
Rowann had fallen behind the fast moving creature. He was impressed at just how quickly she could move when she thought her young one was in danger. Another reason he was glad he was not going to be on the the end of her rage.

As he finally caught up to her, he saw that she had come to a clearing that was home to some form of creature or creatures more than likely. A large campfire was still miraculously unharmed in the middle, yet he could spot no permanent structures or tents. Still strewn about the clearing he could spot loose bits of small clothing, a pot, a few small tools, even something that he was sure was a necklace.

What bothered him though was that the large female troll was making for a large tree and he could hear the faint cries of what he assumed was it's child. His problem with that was why hadn't it come out? If the things that had been living here had made themselves scarce, then the baby should have come to meet it's mother. The fact that it hadn't sent a chill down his spine.

He looked closer at the tree and spotted something he hoped he would not. Fastened around the trunk was a large chain and he had a sinking feeling he knew what was on the other end of it.

Kicking Bryce into a run, he moved passed the Troll and made it to the other side before her and confirmed his fears. The Lass sat there with the baby troll in her arms. He could tell she was trying to protect the young thing but in a second she was about to become a troll's breakfast.

"Lass you need to release the wee one now. It is the Troll's baby and she will think you are harming it. Believe me Lass you do not want to get between a Mama Troll and her Baby. Now carefully put it down and back away slowly. You will see no harm comes to it."

Rowann dismounted and started to come towards them speaking to the troll as he did so. "Forgive the Lass Madam. She is a bit slow and has never heard the tales of trolls before. She didn't know this was your child as was only trying to protect the mite."

He looked at Ella and gestured for her to hurry up and release the baby.
 
Ella hunched down making herself and the wiggling baby as small as she could. She heard the pounding of horse hooves and a few seconds later a huge man on a equally huge horse came around the tree. In great agitation his said,

"Lass you need to release the wee one now. It is the Troll's baby and she will think you are harming it. Believe me Lass you do not want to get between a Mama Troll and her Baby. Now carefully put it down and back away slowly. You will see no harm comes to it."

Ella mumbled, "The baby's Mama is here? Now? OK....I will do as you say!"

As she put the wee one carefully down and was slowly backing away a rather huge ugly green creature stuck it's head around the tree. Ella continued back away as far as the chain would allow. Her heart threatened to burst out of her chest, she was so afraid. The creature had eyes only for the infant. With infinite gentleness she knelt down and picked it up. Both made loving sounds On hearing the man's words the creature nodded her head and started to walk away with her precious bundle. All her angry had drained away as she left the camp site and went back into the forest.

As Ella calmed down she looked at the man a few feet away from her. She couldn't help but note that not only was he well built, but very handsome too. Feeling the chain on her ankle, she decided it was time to leave the Brownies. Chaining her up to labor on mending their garments was not a great way to live. Perhaps this man would help get the chain off. She smiled and to his surprise asked in his native tongue,

"Sir could you get these chains off of me? I would really appreciate it." She fluttered her eyelashes at him hoping he would comply. She didn't know where she would go, but definitely didn't want to stay here any longer. She looked him up and down while waiting for him to speak.
 
Last edited:
Rowann heaved a great sigh of relief as the Troll turned and lumbered back into the forest. Well that was one crisis averted now he had another to deal with. Ella had obviously been taken by another group of fantastical creatures. It seemed this forest was full of them and he better get used to that idea.

Looking around the clearing he was pretty sure it must have been Brownies, but looking at the state of her, beside the chain it seemed that she had been treated okay. Still from what he knew of her he was expecting a tongue lashing of great magnitude even though he would not know the words.

It was of great surprise then when she asked him in his own tongue politely to release her. H looked closely at her and she even seemed to be flirting with him. Just what had these Brownies done to her? Still it was going to make traveling easier with her, and perhaps he could get to know her better before whatever it was wore off. Sighing again he got off his horse and approached her. No matter how much he would like to take advantage of the situation if the occasion happened, he had too much honor to do so. Still perhaps after they got to know one another that might occur naturally.

He examined the chain and manacle and saw that it would be a simple matter of pulling a pin out of end of the thing. Drawing his dirk he looked up at her. "Now keep still Lass as I do not wish to slip and cut you now."

Slipping the blade under the pin, he used his strength to lever it up slowly until he could get a good grip on it with his fingers and then he pulled hard and finally had it out. The manacle fell away in two pieces and her leg was free.

"There Lass you are free," he said standing up, "But perhaps we should leave this place. It seems that whoever held you here might not like you leaving and it might be best to be gone before they come back."

He mounted his horse again and reached down for her, pulling her up in front of him. "My name is Rowann and I am traveling to my village," h told her as he started to follow the trail back the way he had come. "Perhaps you would like to come with me?"
 
Ella watched the man as he examined the manacle on her ankle. He really was a fine specimen having broad shoulders and a back leading to a narrow waist. He seemed to be all muscle no fat that she could detect. He made her tingle all over and wonder what it would be like to taste him. She saw him draw his knife and that got her attention back on the matter at hand. She couldn't stand to watch when he slipped the point of the knife near her skin so she looked away and closed her eyes trying to keep still as he instructed. When the thing fell away from her foot he looked up at her with his dark blue eyes,

"There Lass you are free," he said standing up, "But perhaps we should leave this place. It seems that whoever held you here might not like you leaving and it might be best to be gone before they come back."

Ella was captivated by those blue eyes and all she could do was nod her head at him.

He mounted his horse and pulled her up in front of him, settling her between his thighs before grasping her around the waist. Like an honorable man he introduced himself. Swallowing hard she replied,

"My name is Lass which you seem to know already, and as long as you don't want me for mending the village garments I would very much like to come with you!" As they started to move she saw the tree with the small sack of bread and cheese. She thought to herself, "I have earned that sack!" Pointing to it she added, "See the tree with the sack hanging off the lower branch? I want to take it with us."

Puzzled he did as she asked moving Bryce towards it. She leaned over and pulled it off the branch wondering where to put it. Rowann took it from her hand and tucked it somewhere on his saddle. As they left the clearing Ella noted a few pairs of eyes peeking from around the outer trees. She smiled cheerfully and waved good bye as they entered the forest.

As they traveled through the forest Ella noticed Rowann seemed preoccupied with looking for some kind of signs. Hoping they weren't lost she tried to sit quietly petting the horse's neck every once in a while. Her bottom started to get uncomfortable causing her to wriggle around. Her body tingled more now that she was up against his warm body. She gave into the feelings realizing she really wanted to taste him. Still having no memories instinct took over, turning her head she looked up into his handsome face. Slowly her hand moved up to his bearded chin, gently but firmly she pulled him downwards to her waiting lips . Licking them in anticipation she felt his lips touch hers....
 
Last edited:
Rowann had been surprised when Ella had introduced herself as Lass, but it had confirmed his suspicions. She had been magicked somehow and who knew how long it would be until it wore off. Still it seemed some good had come of it as she now understood him and he could understand her.

He had obliged her by getting the small bag from the tree and then placing it in his saddlebag. When they stopped for lunch he would have to ask her what it was, but he was more concerned with getting far away for now.

The first part of the journey was easy. A charging Troll mother left an easy trail to follow, but soon he was once again trying to follow his own tracks. It was a little easier than tracking her to this place, but he was used to traveling without leaving much sign of his passage. Now that was not an advantage. He had to keep a firm grip on her with one hand, on the reins with the other and his eyes on the ground to make sure they were headed in the right direction.

When he felt her moving in his arm again he assumed she was just trying to get comfortable again as she had done many times before. Then he felt her hand grab his beard and gently pull him down to meet her approaching face. Her lips met his and for a second he was so surprised he did not know what was going on.

Luckily his body did and it reacted before his brain caught up. His arm crushed her closer to him and his lips claimed hers, kissing her back firmly.

Finally his brain made sense of what was happening. She was trying to seduce him and damned if he was not letting her. Still what was the harm in a little bit of harmless fun, as long as it stayed harmless. It might be fun to see just how far she would go.

His kiss became firmer and more passionate and then gently he allowed his tongue to slide out and gently run along her lips.
 
Back
Top