delete profile/account?

Edit any problematic posts to at least five characters, like five periods or "deleted."

Then, clear your profile and change your settings so you don't receive email notifications, log out, clear your cookies and history, close your browser, and don't come back.

Last edited:
Edit any problematic posts to at least five characters, like five periods or "deleted."

Then, clear your profile and change your settings so you don't receive email notifications, log out, clear your cookies and history, close your browser, and don't come back.

Is this still the best way to delete a Lit profile? Thanks.

Is this still the best way to delete a Lit profile? Thanks.

To delete a profile? Yes.

But let's say you (or me, or anyone with thousands of posts, which is way too many to edit) needed to have your account deleted for a very good reason (e.g. you have a stalker who's using info here to threaten you, your presence here is putting you in danger of losing your job or kids, etc.). If you have too many posts to edit AND a compelling reason for needing your account "deleted", you can request such a modification from an admin. If such a request is granted, the member's name is changed to "guest", his/her posts are replaced with a :p symbol and any quoted posts still stand.

However, if you just wanted to leave the site because you've decided it's no longer a good fit for you, or something that's similarly typical and/or not life-altering, you'd go back to editing any posts you'd like removed, clearing out everything and simply walking away from the site.

To delete a profile? Yes.

But let's say you (or me, or anyone with thousands of posts, which is way too many to edit) needed to have your account deleted for a very good reason (e.g. you have a stalker who's using info here to threaten you, your presence here is putting you in danger of losing your job or kids, etc.). If you have too many posts to edit AND a compelling reason for needing your account "deleted", you can request such a modification from an admin. If such a request is granted, the member's name is changed to "guest", his/her posts are replaced with a :p symbol and any quoted posts still stand.

However, if you just wanted to leave the site because you've decided it's no longer a good fit for you, or something that's similarly typical and/or not life-altering, you'd go back to editing any posts you'd like removed, clearing out everything and simply walking away from the site.

Thanks, Erika. Appreciate the info! It's not the stalker or life-altering situation. I need to think about this as I have over 4k posts.

Back