What's your mood today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Og, I LOVED it! I love all your work. The idea of combining Duchamp and thoughts about fair trade and the French Revolution is FANTASTIC!

I've written about the hypocrisy of someone like Rousseau writing 'man is born free and everywhere is in chains' while benefiting economically from slave labour in the French Caribbean myself, so I very much appreciated this (although I admit I did laugh quite a lot too, especially in the posts about the vampire blood). You know, of course, Sidney Mintz's book on the sugar trade, Sweetness and Power, and Said's famous analysis of Mansfield Park. I liked the way Rozema referenced that thinking in her rather spicy film of the book very much.

I only wish I could have seen this in the 3D original, and can't wait for your next art work.

:rose:

I'll respond to Naoko in the Visual Artist's Corner. It's not really appropriate here...

I'll respond to Naoko in the Visual Artist's Corner. It's not really appropriate here...

Oh sorry, I should have posted there too.

I felt

so excited! about Og's hilarious art and now I feel

penitent. Mea culpa, dahlinks! ;)

Oh sorry, I should have posted there too.

I felt

so excited! about Og's hilarious art and now I feel

penitent. Mea culpa, dahlinks! ;)

Never mind.

You have lightened my mood for today. Thank you.

(And I have quoted you and posted in Visual Artists under 'Fresh Blood'.)

Never mind.

You have lightened my mood for today. Thank you.

(And I have quoted you and posted in Visual Artists under 'Fresh Blood'.)

LOL, I feel chirpier too.

I'm a bit busy with my kitchen floor now (bathroom TICK!, stair hoovering TICK!), might squeeze it in before parent teacher meeting, I will be there asap!

Feeling virtuously domestic - how fortunate that Fella came home unexpectedly early to find me with mop in hand instead of netbook. (See Humour Thread, I mean Humor Thread.)

Is continually tired a mood? I can't remember what having energy is like anymore. Time for a fix. :(

Thanks. :rose:

So you're gay. :devil:

Heh.

It's funny, all of my working life, my colleagues have been women. I've never been a "man's man" and am much more comfortable in the company of women than of men.

Not long after I started in my current job, I was having a conversation with a colleague who shares my love of old movies and musicals. I was enthusing about West Side Story, my all-time favourite, when a delivery driver came in to drop something off. Our conversation finished, and I left. As soon as I'd gone, he sidled over to my colleague and said, in a concerned tone, "So. That new fella. Does he bat for the other side...?"

For the record, I am a "friend of Dorothy" in musical terms only. Although that guy who played Frank N Furter in the The Rocky Horror Show I saw recently... He hot... ;)

http://www.timewarp.org.uk/lab2013/castOliverThornton.htm

Heh.

It's funny, all of my working life, my colleagues have been women. I've never been a "man's man" and am much more comfortable in the company of women than of men.

Not long after I started in my current job, I was having a conversation with a colleague who shares my love of old movies and musicals. I was enthusing about West Side Story, my all-time favourite, when a delivery driver came in to drop something off. Our conversation finished, and I left. As soon as I'd gone, he sidled over to my colleague and said, in a concerned tone, "So. That new fella. Does he bat for the other side...?"

For the record, I am a "friend of Dorothy" in musical terms only. Although that guy who played Frank N Furter in the The Rocky Horror Show I saw recently... He hot... ;)

http://www.timewarp.org.uk/lab2013/castOliverThornton.htm

Methinks he doth protest too much. ;)

Its raining. I love the rain. I love storms. The hours before dawn are my favorite. I was born to be a farmer; farmers love rain and early morning.

Submitted a new story this morning. No overt sex in it, thats different for me. I plan to write some Mrs. Robinson/SUMMER OF 42 adult female/teen male stories. LIT wont post them and PILOT will do his General Quarters Alarm, but fuck him. I often wonder how his chaperone appointment happened.

Was thinking about my grad school professors. All male, all brass balls and swagger; they trained me to be rude and crude and lewd with patients. All of them slept with their students. Fritz Perls influence. Fritz trained them. In the 90s all the superheroes vanished, replaced by girls with balls and sweet, sensitive girly men. I left before they tried to geld me, and retired from the state when the girly men showed up with their man-bags and passive-aggressive hissy fits.

I dont care for James Joyce.

But last night I was on patrol and stepped upon one of his mines thats fixed my mind in place. Now I must read PORTRAIT OF AN ARTIST AS A YOUNG MAN. Damn!

I'm under the influence of a general malaise. I have so much to do, and no desire to do it. So I let the kids watch too much TV and hide in a corner and read a book.

I need spring weather, like, yesterday.

My daughter is in the hospital. She thought she had the flu but it didn't go away. Day three in the hospital . . . her sugar is still sky-high, her temp is still over 100, she's still vomiting, her white blood cell count is far too high . . . kidney infection, sepsis . . .

If I could make her better, or trade places with her . . .

My mood is sad. Or helpless. Take your pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back