New Stephen King time-travel book due out November 1st

RobDownSouth

Never Banhammered
Stephen King's publisher said today that he will have a 1000+ page time travel book, tentatively entitled "11/22/1963" in bookstores on November 1st.

The story will be about a guy who travels in time back to the late 1950s and has his life intertwined with Lee Harvey Oswald.

Stephen King's publisher said today that he will have a 1000+ page time travel book, tentatively entitled "11/22/1963" in bookstores on November 1st.

The story will be about a guy who travels in time back to the late 1950s and has his life intertwined with Lee Harvey Oswald.

Interesting concept. Just hope it doesn't blow like Under The Dome did. Usually I tear through King's books but that one was tedious.

He's usually good when he takes his time telling a story. I've liked all his long books. On the other hand he's not what he used to be.

1000 pages?

Sometimes King doesn't know when to shut up.

The Stand is a modern classic and the uncut version is about 1500 pages.
It is widely considered to be one of the great horror novels and is around 1200 pages.

It is widely considered to be one of the great horror novels and is around 1200 pages.

Yeah I suppose.

Kings just fucking weird.

I don't even think he's human.

He's usually good when he takes his time telling a story. I've liked all his long books. On the other hand he's not what he used to be.

Even Under the Dome? He could have easily cut 250-300 pages off that bore to speed the story along.

If they ever get The Gunslinger movie and series off the ground and up and running maybe that series will be able to finally take its rightful spot as his best work alongside The Stand.

If they ever get The Gunslinger movie and series off the ground and up and running maybe that series will be able to finally take its rightful spot as his best work alongside The Stand.

It definitely needs more exposure. As it is it's mostly just King fans that know the series. Anyone who's read the series though already has it ranked among his best work. Except for a couple books in the middle of course. Waste Lands and Wizard and Glass weren't very good.

It definitely needs more exposure. As it is it's mostly just King fans that know the series. Anyone who's read the series though already has it ranked among his best work. Except for a couple books in the middle of course. Waste Lands and Wizard and Glass weren't very good.

Wizard and Glass was ho-hum for sure but I suppose it was a necessary evil since Roland was severely lacking in a comprehensive backstory. Though I wish King would have went more with Roland's 1st ka-tet's fighting against the Good Man (Like a complete telling of the lead up to the Battle of Jericho Hill) instead of the love story with a scant look back into what started Roland's quest for the Tower.

I have high hopes it'll get its due with Ron Howard at the help and seemingly serious about getting this work put to film

I got interested in that era reading Nixonland but I haven't had time to follow up on it. A lot of today's skullduggery seems to have begun there.

I got interested in that era reading Nixonland but I haven't had time to follow up on it. A lot of today's skullduggery seems to have begun there.

Nixonland was a fascinating book. The degree of "controlling the message" exercised by Haldeman and the Nixon gang in the pre-Internet era was nothing short of amazing.

No detail was too small...I mean, making sure if that if there was an elephant at a Nixon rally, it had to have had an enema one day previously?

This was the best book I read last year. I hope whatever they do, they do it justice.

This was the best book I read last year. I hope whatever they do, they do it justice.

they've really ruined some of his books in the process, though Green Mile and Shawshank Redemption worked well imo - maybe because i saw the films before reading the books

Back