Pubic hair - where to stop? advice wanted

Zwyzes

Virgin
Joined
Oct 31, 2012
Posts
2
Hi, I have a small question that I haven't been able to find anyone with an answer to (online, of course!).

As a male, what is the best way to remove hair from the pubic region, considering transitions to other areas of the body with hair? If I use a razor, there will be a strange look with a sharp line before going down to the hair on the top of my legs.

For people with this problem, what do you do? Shave gradients? :D

I don't plan on shaving everything, so that's not the answer for me.

How about depilatories?
 
Do you want to fully remove it? What about just trimming - less hair, but it won't look so funny ;)
 
i don't always trim, but when i do, i remove to where my undies meet my legs. that gives my wife enough room to work with what she wants to work with.

ed
 
So wary of posts =>10

first learn how to search... this subject has been covered a so many times

Scissors and trim close... get triple blade razor - good quality, it is a sensitive area - jump in the shower - hair conditioner works perfectly - just get shaving - pull some of the slack skin taut - be confident with your strokes (timid means slipping sideways and cutting) - rinse the razor very frequently - think about who is going to benefit from this and how it ultimately may benefit you - more is probably better.

Do you go swimming regularly in brief swimwear? Well if you don't - just think about where you would like your partner to lick and nuzzle - and go shaving...

Have read it is inadvisable to shave around the anus and anywhere there maybe leg rubbing, especially in hotter climates. Ouch and sting on regrowth.

It is not like you are stuck with the results for life. Be daring for once in your life, you just might be surprised about the increased attention your partner gives you.
 
Do you want to fully remove it? What about just trimming - less hair, but it won't look so funny ;)

Who is actually looking at the results - really? Not like you are walking down the street naked.

Funny for whom? I'm sure the partner who didn't appreciate the unwanted floss is going to complain to where, to what extent, how and why.

Someone else can bring up the hygiene aspect...
 
Hi, I have a small question that I haven't been able to find anyone with an answer to (online, of course!).

As a male, what is the best way to remove hair from the pubic region, considering transitions to other areas of the body with hair? If I use a razor, there will be a strange look with a sharp line before going down to the hair on the top of my legs.

For people with this problem, what do you do? Shave gradients? :D

I don't plan on shaving everything, so that's not the answer for me.

How about depilatories?

My husband shaves his balls and trims the rest, which is perfect. He uses our clippers which we have because I cut his hair (and everyone else's at my house), usually to 1/4" or 1/8". I don't see any reason for men to be bald, since my mouth is never on his actual pubic bone anyway, and I find some hair more attractive anyway.
 
small set of clippers/trimmers like you would use for beard grooming works for me and my OL:rose:, not quite as smooth as a shave but doesn't grow back and become itchy either!
 
Don't use a razor. Especially don't use a razor and go to the beach the next day.

My recommendation is to use clippers from an electric razor or something similar. Not the razor part, but the sideburn trimmer type. It works wonders. Then I'll use (carefully) a razor on the bat wings. I like that part (the ball area) smooth. But the main part, I go with clippers.

And as the old Chinese proverb states... A tree looks taller in the desert than amongst shrubs.
 
I used to trim with beard trimmers. That works great if you just want to trim it up.

I asked my wife what her preference is and she claims to not have one. Being that I prefer smooth I tried Magic Shave - it's a cream. It works ok but it's kind of a pain in the ass and doesn't always get the hair all the way to the root. Certain skin types also react very poorly to it.

Lately I've taken to just using a razor in the shower and knocking it all out. I use her five bladed monster that she uses on her legs and it works well and causes almost no irritation. Lots of folks use shaving cream or conditioner (still haven't tried conditioner but I've had girlfriends that swore by the stuff for shaving applications) but I find just a gentle soap (Dove) gives the blades enough slip that irritation isn't a problem.

As for where to stop - That's going to depend on how hairy the rest of your body is and what you feel is OK. Hair grows back. Play with it and see what works for you. Yeah it looks a little different to be bald there and hairy everywhere else - but I do it for the feel, not the look. After a while it'll feel and look normal to you.
 
I have hair everywhere, so shaving the pubic region down to the skin would look ridiculous (and if you ask, "to whom?" - everyone at the nude beach). So I use a beard trimmer to take it all down to a quarter inch or so.
 
Thanks for the replies.

first learn how to search... this subject has been covered a so many times

I did, but couldn't find this particular subject of shaved genital vs hair elsewhere problem.

Perhaps you are right, monkeyman057, and it will eventually look normal to me.

I am just a bit wary of the possibility of doing the bikini line being like correcting a fringe, and soon I've done all the legs!
 
Well, that's kinda my point - it'll take all of a week or two (depending on how much hair you have and how fast it grows) to correct itself if you feel like you messed it up and then you can try again. It's not like all your friends will know that you went a little too high on the right side or anything.

And just for kicks since you joked about it - have you ever shaved your legs? I think it's worth a go just once to see how much work your lady puts in to maintaining smooth legs. I think lots of guys take their masculinity far too seriously anyway. The funny thing is, it takes absolutely zero effort for most guys to achieve a 'masculine' appearance (forget to shave your face one morning and make a cursory attempt at coming your hair... BAM! 'the scruffy look' - lol) where as lots of women spend hours a week just to achieve a baseline level of physical femeninity. It'll give you a whole new appreciation for just how hard some women work at it.

Anyway, back on track... Hair grows back bro. Don't sweat the small stuff.
 
Only comment I have is don't use a depilatory, I know some people claim they work great, but there is a reason they tell you not to use them on the genital region, you are more likely then not to end up causing massive irritation and/or damage. Trimming works well, it isn't completely the 'bald' look, but it also keeps the hair trim enough that the hair isn't a nuisance, been on both ends of that myself;)
 
Back
Top