New Poem Recommendations

The new year brings in quite a collection of new poems.

Starting with the earliest post I came across Zenith by EllenMore. I tend to agree with gm about the title, there is more to this poem than the climax, it leaves the reader knowing there's more and hungry for it. Excellent, erotica at its best.

Next comes a piece by a new poet, maryverte, Weakness . The first verse is difficult to fathom but the mood and subsequent verses make sense. A little sad, a little bitter. Mary also offers https://www.literotica.com/p/and-i-play-the-game I Play the Game , also rather melancholy but Mary's not green at all.

Whispers by Mark-J is a little "Hallmark-ish" with its rhyming scheme but the beat is steady and the rhyming true.

There are more, of course. Go read, find your favourite, leave a comment.
 
The new year brings in quite a collection of new poems.

Starting with the earliest post I came across Zenith by EllenMore. I tend to agree with gm about the title, there is more to this poem than the climax, it leaves the reader knowing there's more and hungry for it. Excellent, erotica at its best.

I like it as well, although "spooned together like tableware" grates a bit due to both redundancy and overuse of "spooned."
 
Comment moved... Sorry folks
 
Last edited:
In 2018 i aim to post in this thread every day, my track record in keeping NY resolutions is not good but here goes.

Only 2 submissions today, a pretty well done limerick the second in a series of fetish limericks by randy_miranda, Fetish limerick 2: Enemas . Next comes two poems by Mr3x49 designed to be put to music, I don’t feel qualified to comment on these as song lyrics but check them out anyway, leave a comment then write your own poem.
 
The poetry elves must be taking a break......San Moritz? Azul Sentatori? Barbados? Any way, no poems to comment on today.

(bracing for the deluge.)
 
Well, the deluge has turned out to be a single drop... Needs by HeavyBalls, more prose in poetic format....in other words do away with the verses and line breaks and it is a story rather than the essence of one.
 
Thursday, January 11th......Only two on offer today.

HeavyBalls offers I don't today, a 101 for would be Dominants. Repetitive poetry like this does nothing for me but you might like it.

KinkyMadamButterfly's submission How you get me hooked - a poem is a confessional of sorts. The subtitle could be "You get what you deserve." Including random rhyming lines does not a poem make, unfortunately.
 
Today there are 7 new poems. First a "list" poem from HeavyBalls, She is mine , this type of "poem" doesn't do it for me.

Next up is yblack5's Little Red Number . I really like the inspiration behind this, yblack5 lets the reader feel the anticipation. There are one or two places (like "my nipples thinking" ......perhaps erect rather than sentient?) that I would change.

pelegrino's Forwarding Pornographic Verse is next. First off, I fail to see the point of pelegrino's capitalized preamble, it's distracting and unnecessary. The title suggests erotica but I couldn't find it, I have a feeling this poet is having fun with us. I really couldn't feel engaged with this work even after several readings.

HeavyBalls offers up three more peons to the fetish life style. She is... , Owned and This is.... They are all in his "list" style and fail to grab my attention.

As always - this just my unqualified opinion. Please go and read poetry then write your own.
 
Last edited:
Here I am again.....

greenmountaineer is first with Tony's Vintage Comic Fetish [/URL] a clever narrative in new York-ese - Bugsy meets Bukowski? Comic book characters fuel Tony's passion and it's so lovely to find something original and thoughtful. Well done. (Can't figure out what's wrong with transfer here.)

pelegrino's [URL=https://www.literotica.com/p/forwarding-pornographic-verse-2] Forwarding Pornographic Verse 2
. In spite of p's explanation (and there really shouldn't be a need to explain in poetry) I still don't like the preamble. These are song lyrics complete with repeated chorus lines which, as I've said before, I don't feel comfortable commenting on, but these lines.....

"As to my brain, the verse entwining,
as to my ears, the tunes defining,
as to my heart, confusion reigns,
I leave the tunes half-orchestrated,
I leave the verse, still half-narrated,
to add some more obscure refrains."​
....

are much to my taste, a small poem to grab you.

thesexweaver presents You Don't Need Love to Make Love . It's rather long and clichéd but a good first effort. I would suggest a good pruning to remove the unnecessary rhetoric, perhaps harvesting two or more poems from the main work. "Show don't tell" really applies here.

Finally yblack5 submits Dinner Reservation , like yesterday's poem this one is inventive and clever. Worth reading.
 
Life intruded today so I’m late, geography dictates that I receive poems later than most of you so, if you’re so inclined, jump in and say your piece.

First a long and rather strange first poem from AVIR_A_ but it is a dream and dreams are often strange. I’m not sure of the capitals….a bit irritating but it is for a specific reader even though it’s out here for everyone to read and comment on so there we are.

Next comes CountessPrim with Right There which is anything but prim but a pretty graphic piece of erotica.

In Dark Earth SweetOblivion spins an erotic web around Persephone and her abductor Hades. Rhyming somehow negates the sexiness in erotica for me but this does work.

Lastly sszreads offers Wrecked and is obviously smitten but the reader wants to know WHY?, HOW? otherwise it is just a list of empty descriptions of feelings. Make us care why you feel this way, so far I don’t. sorry.
 
Last edited:
0 poems submitted. Wow.

I've submitted one on the 19/3/2018 (European date format). It shows as still pending in my list of works. I don’t know why it takes so long, I remember 5 years ago poems used to come up in a few hours after submitting, but we must never forget that this is mainly a porn site which perhaps is directing its efforts and resources to many other activities rather than giving priority to a few poems. Poetry (porn or otherwise) does not seem to have any big following. This is the world we live.
 
I've submitted one on the 19/3/2018 (European date format). It shows as still pending in my list of works. I don’t know why it takes so long, I remember 5 years ago poems used to come up in a few hours after submitting, but we must never forget that this is mainly a porn site which perhaps is directing its efforts and resources to many other activities rather than giving priority to a few poems. Poetry (porn or otherwise) does not seem to have any big following. This is the world we live.
It seems the poetry submissions feature is on life support.
 
It seems the poetry submissions feature is on life support.

Yep. Should we do some cpr? Maybe everyone could do a little Passover closet cleaning?

I guess it cant hurt

Thing is that the submissions section of Lit and the forums are totally separate enterprises. My guess is that whoever reads through new poems and approves them is on vacation or otherwise away (but really I don't know). You may want to send a note to Laurel about it to make sure she's aware that poems are sitting, waiting to be approved. She may not know or may be able to tell you what is causing the delay. Sorry to not be more helpful but we forums mods have zilch to do with submissions.
 
Cal Y. Pygia is back on Lit with several new submissions, all of which I think are well written.

I particularly liked "Hard and Solid."

https://www.literotica.com/p/hard-and-solid

In another poem, "David Dubnitskiy," this stanza:

They are solitary, his ladies;
their breasts escape
from peasants' blouses
too terrestrial to conceal
the fullness of goddesses'
splendid glory.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top