What did you appreciate today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The most amazing, wonderful woman ever as my wife.

A great job, great people to work with, and the money? Well, it's great too..:)
 
Early or Late?

Well, no matter. I was awake early because I knew the day was special, and when my feet touched a cold floor, it changed my whole perspective in an instant.
Today was the first - to my mind - day of fall, since the temperature overnight had dropped over 30 degrees, and outside the wind was blustering, blowing leaves, limbs and, since it's Texas, pecans down all over the yard.
The early morning light had that special quality that comes only in the early and late fall, and it was going to be a glorious day for what I had bounded out for an early start for.
Yesterday I'd taken my time, with some vintage John Lee Hooker in the kitchen, some hot, strong and aromatic coffee pushed me, as I'd assembled the ingredients and then built an adobo marinade for a big pork butt I'd scored on sale at the market, and introduced the two.
This morning I stepped outside to find it brisk and blustery, and I spent the day out in the back yard, working my smoker, inhaling the gorgeous aroma of meat over good wood, cracking pecans, and loving the new face of autumn. I read, sipped a little good Kentucky whiskey, talked with a friend on the phone, and was keenly aware, it seemed, of each breath I took. The dogs also seemed to feel it, with each one stopping by in turn to get a scratch and just sit together for a beautiful moment.
Later there was a classic southern supper with barbecue pork, purple hull peas, potato salad and greens. Along with a decent red. What's not to appreciate?
 
One of my good friends setting up a surprise road trip to go over and see my daughter at college. A 14-hour day and I am home and back in bed but I got to hug my little girl. ❤
 
One of my good friends setting up a surprise road trip to go over and see my daughter at college. A 14-hour day and I am home and back in bed but I got to hug my little girl. ❤

That's so nice!!! My boy is far away as well, am going to visit him soon too.... :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top