Follow the yellow brick road, to Hell. (Open to all)

Maverick574

Virgin
Joined
Feb 6, 2013
Posts
23
Rheily stood at the window of a shop. She couldn't afford to buy whatever she looked at, but she dreamt of owning this dress that hung from the plastic person in the window. It was a summer dress, a light green color and it would enhance her hazel eyes. She straightened herself in the reflection of the window and saw the dress on her. It would fit and match perfectly, one day. She smiled and turned skipping away a little bit down the street. It was time for her shift at the bar, she was going to work closing shift tonight, that meant more tips, but hopefully no problems.

She turned the corner of the buildings and saw the cook from the kitchen smoking. "Hey Irvin!" she smiled and skipped over. He wrapped her in a half hug and spoke quickly. "Careful, bossman is on one today, think the old man hasn't been laid in over a month so he's on the rag" he winked at her with his silly words and she gave a little giggle. Irvin was one reason she loved working here, the workers for Dylan were all like family to one another. She felt like she had plenty of big brothers now, it was better then her real blood family. "I'll keep my head down and make good money, thanks" she pulled on the door and walked in the back her coat slid off revealing nice breasts and a slim waist pushed together in a tight black top. She smoothed her shirt and fixed her dark blue jeans and checked her heels.

She knocked once and heard his gruff enter tone of a complaint. "Hey Dylan, I'm here, just letting you know. I'm going to relieve Ben so he can go home after I take a liqure list. Anything you need back here?" She smiled at him as he looked up at her and he sighed while leaning back in his chair. "No. Rheily, thank you though." he turned back to his work and she shut the door. He couldn't be all to mean to her and she knew it. A little grin pulled on the corner of her mouth and she walked towards the bar, when she walked through the door she heard a little cheer and she looked up. "Ah, my boys!" she wandered over to the table of old men and gave them each a kiss on the cheek. "How you doin' honey" she winked at him and they all answered quickly. She laughed to end whatever conversation they were having and walked back to the bar patting Ben's arm. He grunted and finished cleaning some classes. She wrote a list and hung it on the board for Dylan and Ben was already gone. He always had to leave right away. Never said much on Friday nights and she didn't understand why. She sighed and whiped down the bartop and then leaned back against the beer cooler.

She needed customers. She needed something new. People came in, ordered shots, ordered beers, drinks, joked, hit on her, pissed off their girlfriends, everything like normal. She was used to it. Same routine. She looked over at her tip jug though and sighed. Same ol crappy tips too, that meant no dress yet. She had even asked people to come in and no one had yet. Some friends she had. She sighed and poured a shot of Jameson and brought it over to the man hitting on the woman at the end of the bar. "Anything else for you?" she asked quickly, the man was on his A game, he waved her away and she turned adding the shot to his total. God, was she bored...
 
Ooc:|| This story doesn't really have a plot, but it will involve Rheily being a werewolf, she just doesn't know it yet she hasn't had enough time to figure out what she is. But her boss, is a Vampire, and well, they hate eachother, he knows of course, that's why he's getting more and more grumpy. just throwing a bit of info out there for anyone wanting to join.
 
Guardian

Kestrel was annoyed at having been assigned to babysit the clueless bartender she had kept under observation all evening. Worse yet, the assignment required that the girl not even be aware she was under protection. This was a highly unusual case, as it seems the poor thing didn't even know who or "what"she really was. To have attracted the attention of the Council, though, she must be tied to someone important. Probably the illegitimate love child of the one of the pack leaders, Kestrel mused. However, that wasn't really important to Kestrel's mission.

As an Enforcer for the Council, Kestrel was to remain neutral to all politics and impartial to group alliances. She maintained enforced rulings doled out by the Council, amongst the supernatural community in the region. All Weres, Vamps, Fae, and other shifters and magical folk were all governed by the Council. For the most part, each group did a good job of regulating themselves, but when it comes to inter supernatural group relations, interactions with the human world, and culling rogue actions, the Council was necessary.

The young bartender seemed to be oblivious of the danger her employer posed, and that was one of the reasons Kestrel had been assigned to this post. No one suspected the petite, redheaded, and freckle faced woman in the corner could possibly be a specialist in vampire elimination. It really is not as simple as some stake wielding teenage cheerleaders might lead you to believe.
 
The boredom lingered. She went around picking up glasses from tables and cleaned up behind the bar. Closing time was another hour away. She walked to the back to tell the cook an hour left and she grabbed some food that was ordered and brought it out. "Leaning Burger, no tomatoe, extra cheese and a side of fries. Here ya go love" she set the burger down at table five and smiled to the man sitting there.

"RHEILY! My office. NOW!" Dylan's head was sticking out from the door going to the back and she jumped at his voice, some of the customers looked over irritated. "Sorry about that folks. I'll return shortly" She shook her head, why couldn't he just have asked her when she walked back towards the bartop instead of yelling out so everyone could hear. She heard a few catty calls about being in trouble and she rolled her eyes.

A light rap on the door and it flung open, Dylan stood there, his face red his fists clenched. "Get in here" he grabbed her arm and pulled her into the office, she stood just enough for the door not to close. "What's wrong Dylan, did I count down wrong the other night?" she pursed her lips trying to think of what she did wrong. He shook his head and grabbed his phone typing in a text. "Do you know the redhead in the bar?" he almost seemed to growl with his words and she stepped back a little. "Red head? No, she's been drinking water this whole time. Hasn't said anything, kept to herself. Why, is something wrong, do I need to throw her out?" she felt panic rising, was it a health personel. Was it someone coming to write about the bar, had she fucked up that bad?

Her hands began to twist and turn infront of her. She felt nervous and Dylan's termper wasn't helping at all. He tossed his phone on the table in his office and swore loudly. She backed up again. "Finish your shift and when you're done come talk to me, understand. You lock that front door and come straight to me, don't even bother cleaning the bar. Got it?" His voice was like that of a father and she jumped back and nodded. "Got it" she walked back into the bar and noticed people had left leaving money on the table, the ones that remained were alone and either reading or on their phones. She let her eyes wander to the red head and she paused looking at her. What the hell was Dylan's problem with her? She sighed and picked up the empty tables glasses and cleaned off the tops.

"Hey Rheily. I'm going to run around the corner real fast. I'll be back" Irvin's voice echoed over to her and she looked at the big black man in confusion. He looked tense, and a bit worried. What was everyone's deal? Had Dylan yelled at him too? Probably. She shrugged and he gave her a weak smile. "It's okay. Almost closing time. Shut down the kitchen, I'll just finish my work here, It's been a long day, go home to your kiddos" she smiled at him bigger and winked. Fake happy. Fake it.

"Alright folks, closing time" She dreaded this convo she would have after she locked the door. A couple people stood and scanned her before walking out the door. "Thanks for coming, have a good night!" she smiled and waved, a few of them, drunk now, waved back, it was the silent ones that gave her the chills. "Rheily, leave the two men to stay, their going to talk about business partnership with me after we're closed." She turned to see Dylan in the door again. "K boss..." he glared at her and she felt a chill run down her spine. What was going on! She turned to look at the two men, on their phones, and they looked up at her, their eyes looked bloodshot, what, were they drug addicts was Dylan dealing drugs? She sighed and walked over to the red head. "Alright hun, time to go, lock up time, thanks for coming in though" she smiled at her and leaned on one leg reaching over and picking up the plates from the surrounding tabel.
 
"Rheily, I know you don't know me, but you are in a lot of danger right now." Kestrel leaned over and put her hand on the girl's shoulder as she spoke, ensuring she had her full attention. "You see the men over there that your boss is planning to have a business meeting with? They are underworld thugs of the worst sort. If your boss has anything to do with them, do you imagine his character is any better?"

Kestrel made sure to catch and hold Rheily's gaze and kept her voice even and soothing. If being skilled in martial combat wasn't enough, Kestrel's gift of suggestion was just as deadly when used against an enemy. Luckily for Rheily, Kestrel was trying to keep her safe.

"I know your boss wants you to stay behind, but don't you think if you overhear any of the dealings with those men you might then become a liability?" When Kestrel saw the girl start to protest she continued, "If you're worried about your boss being angry for leaving without seeing him first, might I suggest that you might need to 'help a sick woman to her car?' I'm feeling a bit dizzy, you see," Kestrel imparted with a wink.
 
Underworld thugs? Dealings? She was in danger? What was all this about, it made no sense. She nodded to the lady and felt surprisingly calm. "Here, I'll help you to your car before I lock up, or do you want to call a taxi?" She didn't know what to think, but she jumped when Dylan's voice ran through the bar again, she looked over at the men and they stared right at her as if they knew her. "Rheily, how long does it take to kick drunks out of a bar, get back here now" he was standing behind the bar and she took a deep breath turning around towards him. "Dylan, I need to help this lady outside, she's not feeling good, and if she gets hurt it could be a liability on us, so please, let me help her" She spoke softly and gave a little smile towards him to show him she was... what dumb?

"How about you ask the men in the bar to help her?" he moved around the bar and stood infront of it now and she felt her hair stand on end, the men stood up and nodded towards Dylan. "No no, it's okay. I'll help her" She smiled and grabbed the lady's hand. "Come on" She didn't even wait for anything to be said, she turned towards the front door and pushed it open and went outside. "RHEILY!" she heard Dylan shout and she looked down the sidewalk and which wat to go. Two am and it was already closing for many places. She huffed in fear. What was wrong with everyone. She turned towards the red head and saw Irvin walking her way. "Oh Irvin I don't know what to think, something is wrong" She felt his warm hands on her shoulders, he looked at the red head and nodded then turned towards the door.

"What... he's not going in there? What the hell is going on. Irvin! wait, Dylan is, don't go" She stood there with her mouth open and just stared at Irvin's white shirt in the door way. "What..." she was lost, so very lost. She heard shouting inside and she froze something didn't feel right and she looked at the red headed mysterious woman trying to figure out her next thought that just wasn't coming to her.
 
"Rheily, I want you to wait here in the car," Kestrel urged the girl as they made it to her not so standard issue Council vehicle. She should be safe enough with the wards on this thing, Kestrel noted. "I'm going to check on Irvin. He should be more than capable of looking out for himself, but even that mountain of a man can get into a bind sometimes."

Kestrel ensured that Rheily was safely enclosed in the SUV before turning back to the bar. She hadn't been joking about Irvin being able to take care of himself. Anyone who had seen him in a full rage could attest to that. However, 3 to 1 wasn't anything to jest about.

Silently descending the stairs into the bar, Kestrel slipped the two blades strapped to her back out of their sheaths. Silver edged and lined with runic symbols, these two beautiful scimitars truly were her best friends. They had been with her for a Very long time.

As she rounded the corner, Kestrel saw that all the action seemed to have concluded without her. Irvin stood covered in carnage, trying to calm himself. However, the words he uttered regarding the now unknown whereabouts of boss man Dylan put Kestrel on full alert.
 
Last edited:
Rheily tried to argue with the woman but it was no help. She was going to check on Irvin. She knew Irvin? He was just a cook. Her boss was just her boss until what, he decided to deal drugs? She had NO clue as to what was going on. She screamed in frustration and felt someone pounding on the window. Dylan! She scrambled for the door handle to get out. He looked pretty beat up! She was in a panic, even if he was just having a bad day she needed to help him. "Dylan I can't get the door open. Stop pounding on it!" she screamed when he pulled out a gun and aimed it at the window. He shot twice and it just seemed to... dent it? What kinda car was this? Why the fuck was he shooting at her? She screamed again as he growled and smashed into the window...

`````
Irvin took several deep breaths and looked at Kestrel. "He's gone. Get her out of here, I'll clean up this mess, if he comes back, I'll kill him" He took more breaths and bent down scooping up the bodies of the two dead vamps that Dylan had called here earlier. He was pissed. Where the fuck was Ben? He said he'd come to try and talk it out too. He didn't show up. The black man grunted and hauled the bodies in the back and grabbed the mop and bucket... until the horn sounded and he ran outside...

`````````````
Rheily kept screaming while Dylan smashed into the car. She heard the splinter and looked up at the glass to see it starting to split here and there. "Oh my god!" she screamed and covered her ears. How was he still smacking into the car like that. He stopped and his face was pressed against the glass, she looked at him and screamed, his teeth, they were shaped like fangs his nails were long and he was hissing and growling.

She backed away from the window and hand grabbed the wheel. She honked. Her hand slammed on the horn and honked over and over again and held it down. He jerked back and covered his ears. "I'll kill you both, you and that red headed dog!" He kepts backing away as she honked and honked. She really needed to get out of here. Dylan began to run the opposite way and Irvin chased him, he was hot on his tail. "Get out of here, far away!" Rheily was so confused! Why was Irvin covered in blood, why was he chasing Dylan! She just wanted to scream more but didn't know what really to scream about...
 
Upon hearing the gunshots, Kestrel quickly made her way back outside. The vamp was throwing himself at the car, trying to break through the barriers. She knew the wards could take a beating, but they weren't invincible. Seeing the frightened girl inside, Kestrel wanted to charge in and take Dylan out, but she knew Irvin was charging out right behind her. He would take care of the bloodsucker while she got Rheily to a safe house.

After Irvin passed her, Kestrel made her way to the driver's side of the car and once she ensured Dylan had fled, opened the door. Rheily was practically hysterical, but a quick touch on the arm with a few whispered words calmed her. "Rheily, I am going to take you someplace where you will be safe. You will be among friends. I know this is confusing, but bear with me. I only have your safety in mind."

Kestrel made her way to the nearest Council safe house, only a 10 minute drive from the bar. Unfortunately, this particular safe house happened to be the last one she would have picked if it weren't for the urgency of the situation. As she approached the home, from the street it looked like nothing more than a poorly kept row house: paint peeling, grass overgrown, and shutters hanging on their hinges.

However, upon pulling into the small parking area, the illusion faded. Here in the middle of urban sprawl sat a fairytale reminiscent cottage. It was surrounded by a riot of colorful gardens, sparkling pools of water, and welcoming scents. No matter how many times Kestrel visited this house, her reaction was always the same--a mixed sense of dread...and homecoming. And there on the front stoop was a beautiful fey creature with fiery hair and emerald eyes to match her own. Kestrel turned to Rheily and sighed, "Come on...my grandmother is expecting us."
 
Last edited:
The woman got in the car, they drove, and not very far but Rheily kept looking behind her and out the back window to see if she could spot Irvin. Fat chance. She turned looking out the front window as they pulled up to a delapitated house. "I don't understand how this place is safer than a co-" the scene changed, like litterally right before her eyes. "Wow!" she looked around quickly, everything was so beautiful.

She faced the red head in the car and then looked back out again. "I don't understand any of this, and frankly. I feel like I should be waking up from this dream and going back to reality. So... can I do that yet?" she looked at her hopefully and then the woman spoke again. "Wait wait, okay, before we get out of the car. I don't even know your name. I don't know who your grandmother is, but I'm guessing it's that lady sitting right there in a house that's not really here!" She started to raise her voice and then sat back trying to calm down. "Where is Irvin, and what was wrong with Dylan?" she felt tears coming to her eyes, what was wrong with everything today, or her, why did she want to cry?
 
Kestrel took sympathy on the poor girl and just squeezed her hand. "Rheily, a lot of what you are about to learn is far fetched, but you are amongst friends here. My name is Kestrel Lorearthen, and I was sent to protect you from my your boss and others who wish you harm because of the circumstances of your birth. You see, you have a special gift passed down to you from your parents. You just aren't aware of your abilities, yet. Now, come meet Ailis, one of the most powerful sĂ­dhee [pronounced "shee"] in this hemisphere. Don't worry, she won't bite...probably..."

******

Ailis watched as her granddaughter led the frightened lass from the car. Ailis wished her independent, and quite frankly reckless, granddaughter would accept the powers that were rightly hers. Instead, she insisted on playing the part of the Council thug for hire. Ailis had spent centuries protecting her sweet granddaughter from afar, because the headstrong lass was too stubborn to embrace her own gifts. If the Council knew what Kestrel was capable of, they might not trust her with these wee missions. Ailis had felt the surge of power as Kestrel calmed the girl. Ailis was sure the Council had no idea of Kestrel's influential gift, and certainly not that it was child's play compared to what she wad truly capable of.

"Kessie, bring the lass in out of the night and warm yourselves. She has much to learn before sunrise if she hopes to remain alive the next few days." Ailis saw the alarm on the girl's face and chuckled, "Don't worry wee one. It's not Kessie or me you need to fear. You couldn't have done better if you had to choose guardians for yourself."
 
Rheily felt the warm hand from, Kestrel. 'nice name' she thought absently to herself. Her words were comforting, a little, but she remained so confused about all of this. Her boss was out to just do exactly what she thought. Kill her. She nodded and stepped from the car, she felt woozy, like there were too many people in a room, it was like that everytime she was came close to Kestrel. Now they were going to meet Kestrel's grandmother, and as frail as she looked on the outside the woman had strong features under her light clothes. Rheily shuddered a little and looked at Kestrel when her grandmother spoke.

"Can I have some water?" she didn't know where the question had come from really but she felt good to using her voice for something other then just screaming. "Guardian?" she looked between the both of them and shook her head a little. This was so strange and she knew now she wasn't going to wake up from whatever nightmare this was. "There are more" the words slipped from her mouth and she looked over at Kestrel and let go of her hand quickly. The feeling of being in a packed room vanished just a little but she could feel, people, they were all questioning her. She felt panic rise in her voice as she spoke up. "They're coming, more of you, them, how many are there?" her hazel eyes darted between the two women and she stepped up to the steps of the little cottage porch and sat down roughly putting her head in her hands and resting them on her knees. She took several deep breaths trying to calm down.

"I'm sorry. I feel like everyone I knew was a lie. I don't know what's going on only that my co worker at the bar, a cook, chased my boss, who had fangs, and hissedm and Irvin was covered in blood. And my boss I thought was a drug dealer, but he's really not, he's some kind of thing trying to kill me. Because no normal person grows fangs in their mouth unless he's some kind of underworld creature from a movie. This is a joke right?" She lifted her head and looked at the woman, Ailis. Alsmot pleading with her eyes to tell her April Fools, but they were in the month of June. She groaned knowing this wasn't going to be the answer she needed.

`````````````````
"There is no point in trying to deny whatever you're going to hear, because you're going to have to deal with it either way. Live and learn or die and learn nothing" Irvin had walked into the little safehouse area and heard Rheily speaking. "Kestrel. Dylan escaped. I cannot stay long. I've got to go inform the other safe houses and find Ben." He looked down at Rheily who was sitting there in shock looking at him. He pulled a big grin across his dark face and then turned to Ailis winking. "Don't go to easy on her, we don't want a sissy in the family" He let his grin vanish and then reached down picking up Rheily and holding her at an arms length looking down at her. "You listen to these two folks, and anyone else who comes along to help you out. It's going to be a lot of information, but I need you to try to understand okay kiddo? I aint been your therapist in the kitchen this long to watch you go down without a fight." He kissed the top of her head and then turned to Kestrel. "Well Kes, I'm out. Take care of her. I'll ring later tonight seeing how she is alright. Love you kiddo" he patted her cheek and turned away but before vanishing into the night he looked back at Rheily "Ailis maybe give her some real cooking, might sate her appetite a little, lords know I ate like a dying dog when I first came around the family" he pulled a half grin and stepped away vanishing into the night.
```````````````````

'Live and Learn or Die and Learn Nothing' Her eyes, for once seemed dry. She didn't know what just happened. Her cook had come and went and knew the two people around her. She felt like fainting actually, not even crying this time. She looked at Kestrel and nodded. "I am hungry" she said softly and stood up taking a deep breath. "I'm going to listen to everything you both have to say. I don't know if I'll understand any of it, I don't understand anything as it is already." she shrugged, she bacame passive, a guard she put up, not to care to much would feel a second better then having to cry. But Irvin said she should listen, and she would...
 
Ailis placed her hand on Rheily’s back and gave a gentle nudge toward the door. “Come lass, there is lamb, leeks, and tatties roasting in the oven and a fresh, crusty loaf of bread to sop up the juices. Now, I can’t claim to have prepared this fine meal for you, but a mutual friend inside claimed it was just what you needed.”

As the door to the cottage was pushed open, the enticing smell of roasted meat wafted out to greet them…along with the sight of the broad shoulders of “Mr. Tall, Dark, Handsome, and Foreboding,” who was currently tending the fire. “Rheily, I want you to meet the man sent to train you…”
 
Last edited:
Brody looked up as the door opened and Ailis walked in leading his new charge. God but she looked like a wreck. he stayed seated so as not to frighten the poor girl as Ailis introduced him. “Rheily, I want you to meet the man sent to train you…”
Nodding at her he spoke softly and warmly. "Call me Brody. I suppose in their wisdom no one has told you what is going on yet." Shaking his head he nudged a stool out and indicated she should sit down by the fire. "You look like you could use the warmth and the meal is almost ready. Once you have eaten and gotten your strength back some then these kind people are going to tell you exactly what is going on. I am afraid if I did i might stuff it up. I have some rather biased views you see and I don't want to corrupt you with them this early on," he grinned to show her he was kidding her. He poured her a little glass of something clear and sparkly. "Here sip on this, and I do mean sip. It will help with that nasty shock feeling your having and warm you up as well."

Brody turned to Kestrel. "That roast should be ready kid, it sure smells it. Take it out and let it rest for a bit while you thicken the juices into a gravy. On second thoughts let me. He carefully rose up to his full 6'4" height slowly so as not to startle Rheily and moved to the oven. "Dinner will be ready in ten minutes."
 
Brody was a giant. She had to lean back even standing this far away from him as he stood up. He acted though like she was a skiddish pup and she'd back tail tucked away from him. If anyone scared her it would be Brady, and his fang things whatever they were. She took the clear sparkling liquid from him and sat down on the stool as he walked into the kitchen area. She took a sip and sighed her eyes flicking from Kestrel to Ailis.
"I never said thank you, for saving me from whatever it is that was going on, and thank you for letting me into your home under whatever this is situation." She smiled up at the two women and took another sip. It warmed her to the very core it seemed of her body and she was able to take another deep breath.

"The food smells great too" she felt her mouth water, when was the last time she had eaten anyways, she couldn't remember. She looked around the house at all the different things trying to keep her mind occupied but it didn't last long. "Okay... so since he's biased on this situation, can someone tell me what exactly is going on..." she looked hopefully at the two women this time, hoping to get some kind of answer...
 
"Who does he think he is?" Kestrel fumed to herself..."treating me like a child. I'm just as old as he is. I can't help it I age particularly well."

Kestrel stopped her mumbled rant when her grandmother cleared her throat and nodded at Rheily. "Sorry. That flea ridden... I mean Brody and I haven't always seen eye to eye, but he will be loyal to your training and welfare." Just for good measure, Kestrel waived her hand and a hanging ladel accidentally slipped off the rack above Brody's head.

Kestrel took the stool that Brody had just abandoned and turned to face Rheily. This was going to be awkward... she'd never had to explain to a girl why she'd been taken from her parents and raised away from all that was the essence of her being. "Rheily, I would like you to listen to what all I have to say before you come to any conclusions or ask your questions. I hope you can spare me those few moments."

When the girl nodded reluctantly, Kestrel went on, "I've already told you I was assigned to keep you safe from your boss. Well, your boss is a Vampire.... Now you promised to hold your questions to the end." When the girl closed her mouth, Kestrel continued, "Vampires and other supernatural beings exist alongside humans, and have for millennia. It is the job of the Council to make sure that the supernatural community does not bring humans to harm, and also to regulate relations between the supernatural groups that would not otherwise get along. I am employed by the Council and was assigned to see you to safety and to your trainer," Kestrel imparted, nodding towards Brody. "You might be asking yourself why you would need a trainer or protection from anyone. Well..."

****

"You're a werewolf, lass!" Ailis finished with a sharp nod. Honestly, you think Kessie was trying to tell the girl she had the plague. "You were born of a true mated werewolf pair, and, if I had to speculate, an important couple, at that." When the wee lass looked confused, Ailis went on, "The Council deemed whelps...that's newly born werewolf bairns...to be in grave danger of being hunted and exterminated, so a long time ago it was decided all newborns of mated were pairs would be adopted out to human families to live in relative safety until they turned." Ailis rolled her eyes, "at least the Council assumed the bairns would be safer..."
 
Rheily smiled as Kestrel went on a little rant then stared in shock as a ladel fell just from the wave of her hand, she smiled again at that though... She took a sip from the drink again to cover up a little giggle and then looked at her when she began to explain. Werewolf. Vampire. The Council. Being adopted basically. She couldn't even say anything. She set her drink down and stood up wrapping her arms around her waist.

"My parents, my real parents are werewolves. And my parents who are human, who are dead, are not my parents. My boss is a vampire who wants to kill me because I was born from two werewolves... are you all werewolves?" she seemed calm, she walked back to the stool and grabbed onto Kestrel's hand, and calm feelings coursed through her, thank god.
"And you? Are you special. And you have to be special too?" She spoke to both Kestrel and Brody. "Wait, if I am a werewolf, why haven't I ever changed into anything, aren't I supposed to turn into some nasty beast that eats anything in it's path?" she gave a little laugh, and threw her head back letting the laughter out. "And I'm guessing Irvin is a werewolf too." Her world was turning upside down and she wasn't quite sure what to think about all of this.

"Is there more... just dump it all so I can process this while eating" her stomach was growling more and more since she had sipped that drink. She let go of Kestrel's hand and grabbed the drink again taking another sip.
 
"Welllll," Kestrel then actually tried to continue, after her grandmother's spirited interuption, "Brody and Irvin are werewolves like you. My grandmother and I? Well have you ever heard of the fairy mounds in Ireland and Scotland? In ancient times, our ancestors actually inhabited homes there... hidden from humans just like this cottage is." Kestrel blushed a bit as she admonished, "but don't call me a damned fairy! We are fae, commonly called the sidhee ('shee'). We have control over the natural elements and human perception."

"As to what we might have left out...the werewolves and vampires have been at war for some time. Occasionally, the leader of the vampire coven gets wind of the birth of a whelp before the Council. The mated pair, not wanting their child taken from them, will go into hiding when the female finds out she is pregnant. However, this makes the pair vulnerable to attack by the covens. The vampires kill the couple, and take the child, hiding her from the Council and werewolves alike. If the child shows signs of turning, she is killed."

Kestrel turned to Brody and smiled weakly. "Perhaps Brody can shed a little more light on your particular situation."
 
Last edited:
"From what little I have been told of your situation, and it is damn little, your parents placed you with your adoptive parents in good faith. They were good friends and knew the truth like most of these adoptive placements. I mean it wouldn't be all that pleasant for them to suddenly see their child turn one day now would it. Somehow someone slipped up though and the vampires got wind of the situation and had your parents killed then arranged for you to get that job. Or did it happen the other way, the details are fuzzy on that. Anyway Your boss was to watch you and see if you turned and if you did, well you would be killed."

"Then the council found out about your situation. Probably from that cook Irvin. He knew he couldn't take them all on himself and that you would never believe him so the council sent in Kestrel here to get you out. Of course the Vamps get wind of a possible rescue and decide to just kill you and well you know the rest."

"As for if you are a Were or not the chances are pretty high, but we won't know for sure until the the passing of the next three full moons. If you haven't changed by then your in the clear. That's not to say you will change on a full moon mind it just means they are effecting your blood and physiology. Your first change will be into a full wolf and don't worry you have full control and will remember everything. Don't believe the movies kid. I will be there to talk you through it when it happens."

"Now I think that's enough chatter for now let's eat."As he had been talking Brody had been dishing up the meal and he now handed out steaming plates of lamb, potatoes. leek and gravy plus some carrots and peas he had done on the stove.
 
Back
Top