The "Fuck you cancer!" thread

person's writing I read on this board was Sir Winston's...the first person I ever PM'd was redslady...both were sick at the time and while I knew she was (hence the intial contact) I was unaware at the time that he was..

Life is ironic...I posted on this thread talking about family"s history of cancer....

Now it seems to be my turn...you see I now have been diagnosed with breast cancer....

Soooo...surgery, then chemo, then radiation and none of it will hurt as much as it killed me to tell my children...

I can officially say once again...FUCK YOU CANCER!!!

I am so sorry to read this. If I can help in any way please let me know.

It's always hard to tell your children, I didn't the first time around, regretted that ever since. Mom's are supposed to be indestructible, invincible. Hard for them to realize we're human too.

:heart::rose::heart:

My love and good vibes to everyone who's posted on here.

I will admit I have been avoiding this thread the last little while, not because I don't care, but to ease my own heart. Sometimes I'm too overwhelmed by the damage this bastard leaves in his wake.

I wish I could take all your pain away my friends, take it with me, and let me be the last to have to face this bastard's vicious end.

Love to you all.

Hugs to all!

We met a very nice lady on Friday who lost her mother, her husband and her daughter to cancer, all in the space of a few months. Her strength and sweetness blew me away.

I will admit I have been avoiding this thread the last little while, not because I don't care, but to ease my own heart. Sometimes I'm too overwhelmed by the damage this bastard leaves in his wake.

I wish I could take all your pain away my friends, take it with me, and let me be the last to have to face this bastard's vicious end.

Love to you all.

I wish I knew how to meaningfully respond to such courage :rose:

Love to you all.

You show such courage and compassion. Thanks for your post! I don't avoid coming to the thread, because I am always inspired by the courage here, but I avoid posting stuff I should. I have avoided talking about the swath of people taken by the cell sucker lately. 35 year old kid that my wife used to watch...a friend, who is also one of my kid's father in law. It seems like everyday, someone new, and not talking about it pushes in down sometimes, inside of me. But it always blows up again and we are faced again with the damage this evil bastard does to friends and families of us all! All the courage in this forum, all the compassion here is exactly why you, Fucking Cell Sucker, will eventually lose! You cannot break our spirit! Thank you all for you inspiration! FUCK YOU CANCER!

As related through this thread I am dealing with recurrent Leiomyosarcoma. It has manifest itself as a large lump on my back, just above my right kidney. The size and location has begun causing pain in my lower back. Based on information gained from a cancer team I was enrolled in a clinical trial that included chemo, radiation and surgery all combined in a twenty-two week period.

To quote the oncologist, "We are going after this bastard with the big guns...".

The thing to keep in mind here: Until August 12, 2015 I was riding my motorcycle to work everyday, doing my eight hour shift walking the yard full of inmates, walking my dog through the fields around my house, feeding chickens, building laying boxes, etc. In other words, I was living, managing the pain, but living.

August 12 they placed a port in my chest. August 13, 14, and 15 I received 14.5 hours of chemotherapy infusion per day. My wife drove me the 2 hours home. By midnight on the 15th I could not lift my head to remain clear of my own vomit. Numerous phone calls to the teams "emergency" numbers were answered by doctors and nurses unfamiliar with my case but all answering with the words, "some nausea" is to expected.

I should explain that I live in a rural part of the country. 24 hour pharmacies are not on every street corner. Each doctor, three total if I recall correctly, prescribed the same anti-nausea medication, albeit by a different brand name. Of course when my wife could get to a pharmacy, none of the prescriptions could be honored due to "over-prescribing". Not that it mattered.

My wife was frantic, of course. I made it even more difficult for her by refusing to go to the local hospital. I know that was cruel of me. I simply cannot face another hospital.

To shorten this much too long post, I will skip a lot of the details. I have stopped all medications! I am angry that the proposed "cure" for my cancer actually forced me to lay in bed for over week, unable to eat or drink or even lift my own head. I am angry that at the beginning of this "treatment" I was living and working and that now, until I recover from the toxic chemicals that the well-meaning medical community introduced into my body, I am doing neither, not living or working, merely marking time.

It is time for me to begin looking at quality of life issues, not measuring success by how many days I remain on this earth but by measuring the days I still enjoy being here.

Curt

(edited from original post)
I have stopped all medications! I am angry that the proposed "cure" for my cancer actually forced me to lay in bed for over week, unable to eat or drink or even lift my own head. I am angry that at the beginning of this "treatment" I was living and working and that now, until I recover from the toxic chemicals that the well-meaning medical community introduced into my body, I am doing neither, not living or working, merely marking time.

It is time for me to begin looking at quality of life issues, not measuring success by how many days I remain on this earth but by measuring the days I still enjoy being here.

Curt
I am so very sorry you had to go through such a horrible experience. I can only say, I'm so very saddened by this and I'm sending you every positive energy and thought that I have right now. Talk to you later. Be strong my friend. I wish you a quick recovery from the treatment. I will talk to you in more depth in my PM. :heart:

Apple

FYC! FYC! You are a selfish bastard! and you are HATED!!

Last edited:

Curt

My prayers are with you and those close to you.

FYC.

SHOUT-OUT FOR cmslt2326 TIME

A mastectomy tomorrow, chemo beginning next week, followed by radiation.

And she's not to proud to say she needs all the support she can get.

I offered to cyberfuck her silly when she's declared cancer-free and, a bit more importantly, passed along that, 25 years on, my sister-in-law is doing just fine, thank you, still teaching cello and enjoying her granddaughters.

Your turn, folks.

I offered to cyberfuck her silly when she's declared cancer-free and, a bit more importantly, passed along that, 25 years on, my sister-in-law is doing just fine, thank you, still teaching cello and enjoying her granddaughters.

Your turn, folks.

Strength and healing vibes headed her way!

Your turn, folks.

Thoughts, prayers, and positive energy is being sent to you~! All our thoughts are with you. Strength and Power to you.

Last edited:

Your turn, folks.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you, cmslt2326! Will be thinking ONLY Positive thoughts for and the treatment you are getting!! Kick Cancer's ASS!!! Fuck You Cancer!!!

I can't even imagine how painful it was for you to have to tell your children, adult or not. May your treatment go more easily. FYC!

Thank you Endless...Good news for now...surgery done and it went amazingly well.

My kids have been there for me and now the chemo and radiation starts.

Going to kick this...

My thoughts and prayers go out to you, cmslt2326! Will be thinking ONLY Positive thoughts for and the treatment you are getting!! Kick Cancer's ASS!!! Fuck You Cancer!!!

Thank you Darling!!! I am so thankful to be on here with all of you guys...

FYC

Fuck You Cancer!

Never have better words been spoken:

FUCK YOU CANCER!

I wish I could find something even stronger to say.
Even when it goes away it finds a way back to destroy all hope and happiness.

Best wishes to each and everyone of you who have to deal with this remorseless and vicious monster.

Bob

Just stopping in to say hello and let you all know i haven't forgotten you. I see a lot of new names, something I'd rather not see in a thread like this.

I'm going to a memorial a week from today hosted by the medical school where SW donated his body. I thought his friends would like to know. I wish I had some great encouraging words but I'm emotionally and physically tapped out today, so I'll just leave you with hope for strength and courage and SW's antenna to guide your way.

Just stopping in to say hello and let you all know i haven't forgotten you. I see a lot of new names, something I'd rather not see in a thread like this.

I'm going to a memorial a week from today hosted by the medical school where SW donated his body. I thought his friends would like to know. I wish I had some great encouraging words but I'm emotionally and physically tapped out today, so I'll just leave you with hope for strength and courage and SW's antenna to guide your way.

A zillion :heart:'s to you.
Antenna felt and bounced back out into the universe - thank you! ;)

Just getting back from another funeral. So sick of losing friends and family to the cell sucker! FUCK YOU CANCER!!!!!!

It's so true. It's sad that this thread continues to grow, yet at the same time, it's helpful to be able to vent a little here and to know others understand or have lived with/dealt with similar issues.

My brother has now decided to stop his fentanyl patch. He thought it was a good idea. What he doesn't realize is how his ups and downs physically, emotionally, and psychological are affecting everyone around him. It's so hard to watch the changes in him. He's simply not the same man. I question is it because of the cancer, the drugs, the effects of both on his brain? I don't know what to do for him anymore.

To those of you dealing with cancer on any level, as the person with cancer, a family member, a friend, I wish you all strength, peace, and the ability to face another day.

FYC! You are taking away so much from so many. FY!

My brother has now decided to stop his fentanyl patch. He thought it was a good idea. What he doesn't realize is how his ups and downs physically, emotionally, and psychological are affecting everyone around him. It's so hard to watch the changes in him. He's simply not the same man. I question is it because of the cancer, the drugs, the effects of both on his brain? I don't know what to do for him anymore.

FYC! You are taking away so much from so many. FY!

Sending you strength, Apple, as you attempt to help your brother - clearly a most difficult patient ~ it is so difficult to watch those we love suffer when our medical experience might help them if they would let us. :heart:

FYC!:mad:

Haven't been around lately, but sending positive thoughts to those of this thread.

Been dealing with lung toxicity since the chemotherapy. Steroids haven't improved my situation but I am focusing on the idea that this healing process will take time and my situation will improve

I haven't posted much - I just haven't been feeling real communicative for awhile.

I do lurk, though.

And you people just continue to fucking amaze me. Your courage, strength, resolve and support in the face of horror.

I've wished lately for a health bar refresh for each of you, no matter if you're suffering from cancer physically, emotionally or in some other way that ends in -lly. Whether it's in your own body or in that of someone you hold dear.

attachment.php

Attachments

• HealthBar.gif
    HealthBar.gif
    53.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back