Aurora

thør

Karhu-er
Canadians and people in northern tier states. Check the link for the aurora viewing area and get outside in about an hour and a half if it's clear where you are.

Aurora forecast

I've met her a couple times. Very nice.

attachment.php

Last edited:
There's a story behind that pic that nobody cares about but me but I'm gonna tell it anyway.
My son is at the age where things like princesses are not cool at all and he did not want anything to do with them. However he was outnumbered at the time and had to endure the rest of us getting pics. The princesses kept trying to get him to get his pic taken with them but he refused. The finally talked him into one group pic as we were leaving and when he was looking at the camera Aurora leaned down and gave him a kiss. He was pissed off and we all thought it was funny as hell.

There's a story behind that pic that nobody cares about but me but I'm gonna tell it anyway.
My son is at the age where things like princesses are not cool at all and he did not want anything to do with them. However he was outnumbered at the time and had to endure the rest of us getting pics. The princesses kept trying to get him to get his pic taken with them but he refused. The finally talked him into one group pic as we were leaving and when he was looking at the camera Aurora leaned down and gave him a kiss. He was pissed off and we all thought it was funny as hell.

Typical boy.

yes...but i wanted to go on the summer solstice...but i heard equinox was good for Aurora viewing plus seeing active volcano is on the list as well

Equinox is a good time. Summer solstice i would be a bust for aurora viewing. I find winter to be best.

Various pasty stuff:

In 1621, a French scientist, Pierre Gassendi, saw the lights in the north and named them after the Roman goddess of dawn, Aurora. He added the word 'borealis' for the Roman god of the north wind, Boreas. The lights became known to scientists as the aurora borealis.

The Eskimos of the lower Yukon River in Alaska described auroras as the dancing souls of their favorite animals: deer, seal, salmon, and beluga whales.

The aurora has been a helping hand to cure disease and was called upon by the most powerful of the Inuit Shamans as a spirit. Inuit healers made "spirit journeys" into the lights to obtain advice and rescue souls from death.

The Japanese believe the lights are connected to the life-giving mysteries of conception. Japanese honeymooners visiting northern Canada relate the legend, "A child conceived in the spell of the lights will be fortunate in life."

The Japanese believe the lights are connected to the life-giving mysteries of conception. Japanese honeymooners visiting northern Canada relate the legend, "A child conceived in the spell of the lights will be fortunate in life."

The Japanese are an important part of the winter economy in Fairbanks.

I just learned about that a couple of years ago. Wonder how the honeymoon tradition really got started? The lights must be visible in Japan sometimes.

The June Moon is called The Honey Moon which is at the height of Summer, when life it at its zenith. That is an ancient 'Pagan' time for weddings and its why we call the enjoyment of the new marriage a honeymoon.

I just learned about that a couple of years ago. Wonder how the honeymoon tradition really got started? The lights must be visible in Japan sometimes.

The June Moon is called The Honey Moon which is at the height of Summer, when life it at its zenith. That is an ancient 'Pagan' time for weddings and its why we call the enjoyment of the new marriage a honeymoon.

I thought it was because of the mead you drank so you could fuck some chick you didn't know. That's what it said in this "Traditions of Celtic marriages" shit I had to read with my ex who was creepily obsessed with Celtic shit.

Was cloudy here all night, so no stuff to see. But I've lived above the polar circle, so I've seen some good ones before.

Is he gay?

Back