A New Dimension - for DarelHute

DeliciousMaiden

Literotica Guru
Joined
Apr 22, 2002
Posts
15,258
Inaya:

The house’s solemn silence was broken only by the occasional sound of weeping. Inaya had moved from room to room offering solace where she could, but rather than admit their own culapability, their grief turned their hostility upon her. True Inaya was young and inexperienced among her kind, yet she was talented and had forseen the attack upon their territories and the inevitable outcome. And yet they had not listened. Her warnings had fallen upon deaf ears for it had been easier to ignore her words and the consequences had been tragic and irreversible.

And if their emotions had been torn to shreds, it was Inaya who bore the intensity not only of the pain of her people, but the approaching hostility of their attackers. Hatred, violence, pain and grief; the day had been filled with it and left her exhausted and drained. Wearily she wondered past the rooms not needing to see the bodies and the families clustered round, not needing to hear the sobs of grief to understand the pain that cut like a knife through the community. Only when she came face-to-face with her younger brother did she halt and stare at him wordlessly. Even before he spoke, she knew the blame that he would throw at her.

”You could have stopped it.”

He told her flatly. Ironically his control and lack of emotion made her own tears well.

”You know I tried, Morgan. No one would listen.”

She told him reasonably.

”You should have MADE them listen!”

His voice raised in accusation then he continued derisively.

”Inaya, the great empath, you claim you want to help everyone, but when it comes to your family, your neighbours, even our very existence, then what do you do?”

It was unfair and he knew it.

”What else could I have done, Morgan, tell me … “

Inaya heard herself beg him.

”You’re right. All I ever wanted to do was to help people, to be of service, to protect … and now … “

Morgan interrupted.

”And now, Father is dead, and Marcus and so many other good men. And you know they are coming back … and what defences will we have … what future other than captivity?”

She flinched at his words. And if their attackers realised that she was an empath, what fate would befall her at their hands.

”I don’t know, Morgan.”

She told him wearily.

”I … just don’t know anymore … “

She walked away not stopping until she reached her bedchamber then securing the door fell wearily upon it and closed her eyes willing herself to block everything out. Her head throbbed and her head spun, but finally she managed to concentrate and clear her mind, seeking that peaceful plane which would allow her to rest and finally fall into the sleep that she would need so desperately tomorrow…


289961934b34f455ac28ce5a233897cc.jpg
 
Roger

The shower was warm and relaxing, but Roger's mind kicked into gear before his body could even wake up to full mobility. He washed his well toned body, while the experiment of the day before replayed in his mind:

What was that glow? Could that be it? Could that finally be the portal between dimensions? No... That can't be it... he thought to himself, realizing that since yesterday he felt strangely different. He couldn't really describe what was different, it just felt that way.

He couldn't wait to get back in the lab and check the results again. He was so tired the night before and he was sure he had missed something.

He emerged from the shower, wearing only a towel around his waist, his eyes resting on Julia's naked body, still asleep over the sheets. The curves of her luscious body were even more emphasized by its position on the bed. She slept on her belly, with one knee slightly bent. His eyes lingered on her sweet and sexy ass.

I should get back into bed and make love to her. I stood her up again last night! he thought, a wave of guilt washing over him as his lab beckoned him.

"Good morning, honey!" he said as he saw her slowly opening her eyes. "Have you slept well?" he asked as he took a seat on the bed next to her, tenderly caressing her thigh.
 
She had not expected to sleep so deeply and yet when she stirred Inaya somehow knew that her slumber had been unnaturally deep. Her body felt heavy and her head … that was what first alerted her to her situation. Upon waking she was always aware of the emotional climate which surrounded her and on this morning of all mornings with the return of the enemy army imminent, she should have been enveloped in despair, fear, confusion … and yet … she felt … nothing…

Slowly her eyelids fluttered open and she knew that she was no longer in her bedchamber. Had she somehow been drugged and taken away? But how could that be and why would they choose to abduct her, unless they had heard of her empathic powers and …

"Good morning, honey!"

A friendly voice greeted her with easy familiarity.

"Have you slept well?"

His touch brought reality crashing in much more than any words. Her eyes widened and she pulled herself rapidly upright in an attempt to pull away from him only to find that she was totally naked. With a gasp she grabbed at the bedding and held it before her to shield her body from his gaze.

”Who … are you…?”

She queried, blushing as she took in the sight of the handsome man, naked apart from a towel around his waist. Casting a rapid glance around, she knew that neither this room, nor the style of décor or furnishings were at all familiar.

” … where is this ..?”

She asked, her confusion evident.

” … and what am I doing here…?”
 
Roger flinched at her reaction, looking at her a bit funny at first. Then he smiled with the corner of his mouth.

"You had a party last night, didn't you? No wonder I found you alseep when I got back from the lab!" he said and smiled at her.

She looked genuinely frightened and disoriented, which took him aback.

"Julia, are you OK?" he asked with concern. "I know this bedroom is not familiar... We got here two days ago to be closer to the lab! You remember this view?" he said and walked to the window, overlooking the city. "If you had too much to drink last night you may be a little disoriented... Or maybe you had a drink with Jack, like I asked you to. He may have slipped something in your drink..." he grinned and turned to her, wiping the smirk off his face as he saw fear in her eyes.

"But if you're not feeling well I can get a doctor! You want me to do that, honey?" he asked as he sat next to her.
 
Embarrassed though she was, she held the man's gaze.
For the first time in her life she sensed nothing. All she could do was attempt to read his expression, which though at first seemed confused, soon relaxed into understanding.

"You had a party last night, didn't you? No wonder I found you asleep when I got back from the lab!"

Inaya merely shook her head. She clearly remembered the events from yesterday and they were in no way celebratory.

"Julia, are you OK?"

She didn't understand why he was calling her by a different name.

"I know this bedroom is not familiar... We got here two days ago to be closer to the lab! You remember this view?"

She was growing more and more confused. She had never seen him or the apartment before in her life and had no idea about the lab he spoke about.

"If you had too much to drink last night you may be a little disoriented...
Or maybe you had a drink with Jack, like I asked you to. He may have slipped something in your drink..."


More questions; more people she didn't know. Nothing made sense and the more he spoke, the more she realised that there was something very wrong, not least because she sensed nothing but her own emotions, which as her solitary focus were becoming overwhelming.

"But if you're not feeling well I can get a doctor! You want me to do that, honey?"

She shook her head somehow instinctively fearful of calling for help.

" ... nothing about this is right ... "

She told him finally.

"I have no idea who you are, or why you keep calling me Julia..."

Her fingers held the sheet firmly in place, even as her gaze took in the length of his body and the secured towel at his waist.

" ... but... you obviously seem to know me ... and... assume I'm someone you know... well ... "

She concluded blushing.
 
Last edited:
He scratched his head, a look of worry appearing on his face.

"I gotta talk to Jack. If he roofied you, I'll kill him: funding or not! I will kill his ass!" he said angrily, taking in a deep breath to calm himself down.

"It must be a side-effect of some drug or something... Your name is Julia, and I'm Roger!" he said to her, feeling terribly stupid. "You're my wife! We moved in the city for me to be closer to the lab I'm working in. Jack, the guy who funded my research, let us stay in this fabulous apartment on the top floor of his building. He lives next door!" he said and then he walked to her purse, and took out the driving license, showing it to her.

"Look, this is your driving license, see? Does that ring any bells or do I have to call the ambulance?" he asked, worry almost taking him over.
 
"I gotta talk to Jack. If he roofied you, I'll kill him: funding or not! I will kill his ass!"

It was obvious he was worried about her and becoming angry with whoever Jack was and suspected him of being capable of being responsible for her condition.

"It must be a side-effect of some drug or something... "

Drugs were an old world terminology. She understood their meaning, but knew that as an empath she rarely resorted to such substances and then only for medical reasons.

"Your name is Julia, and I'm Roger! You're my wife!"

Her eyes widened in shock. ... married .. ? ... She was truly going crazy.

"We moved in the city for me to be closer to the lab I'm working in. Jack, the guy who funded my research, let us stay in this fabulous apartment on the top floor of his building. He lives next door!"

He was telling her of a life that she simply had no knowledge of.

"Look, this is your driving license, see? Does that ring any bells or do I have to call the ambulance?"

She took the document from him and looked at it; the photo, the date of issue was all wrong, an impossibility. Yet even as her eyes scanned the details one more time, she noticed a gold wedding band shining up at her.

"But ... "

She began to protest, but the words would not come. Instead she rose, the sheet still held against her body as she moved angled her head towards the dressing table mirror.

"Oh my God ... "

She gasped, the sheet forgotten as she rose and moved to look more closely, then looking around the bedroom, she located a full length mirror and moved to stand before it.

Somehow a totally different woman stared back at her...

Turning slowly she noted that her body was much more curvy and developed than it was in reality ... and yet ... this was her ...

"I don't think I feel so good ... "

She managed to murmur as her senses began to spin and she felt herself beginning to keel over ...
 
Roger jumped forward and caught her just when she was about to fall to the ground. He took her in his arms and returned her to the bed, covering her body with the sheet.

"This is fucked up! That's it, I'm calling the doctor!" he said and picked up his cell phone.

It was just then that the door bell rang.

"Fuck! Who is THAT?" he said angrily and took a deep breath. "I'll be right back, honey. Just sit tight!" he added and then left the bedroom, walking to the hallway to open the door.

"Good morning!" Jack smiled at him.

"Jack! Come in!" Roger said smiling.

"I'm surprised you're still in!" Jack said as he walked in.

"I was supposed to go, but something is not right with Julia. Was she with you last night?" he asked agitated.

"No, she wasn't. I didn't see her last night! I was away all day! Is she sick?" Jack asked with concern.

"No... I mean, yeah, something's up... she can't remember who she is!"

"Are you shitting me?" Jack asked and walked past Roger, entering the bedroom.

Jack was a powerful man, a billionaire, with looks and charm to match. He was taller than Roger, and more muscular. The shirt he was wearing emphasized his abs, and made him look like a million dollars.

He walked in and looked at Julia in the bed.

"Julia? Are you OK?" he asked, undeterred by the fact that the sheet did nothing to conceal the shape of her body.
 
She felt his arms go around her, her only anchor in the whirl of unreality she found herself in. She sighed as he lay her back on the bed her eyes closing as he covered her body. As if from far away she heard his voice and knew he was angry again, but didn't quite understand who at or what about ..

"Fuck! Who is THAT?"

She opened her eyes as he strode off telling her to sit tight.
Beyond the room she heard voices, male voices discussing. She never realised just how she would miss her powers. With only appearances and external voice to rely on she was finding it even more impossible to make sense of her situation.

"Julia? Are you OK?"

Her eyes focused on the man stood looking down at her. His stature was intimidating, yet in many ways he was ... impressive ... yet she was wary. Rather than answering him, her gaze slid to the man who was her husband.

"Is this .. Jack ... ?"

She asked hesitantly, wondering if this supposed friend would truly be capable of the actions Roger had accused him of. Not that this was the case now, for she was not Julia.

"I'm Inaya."

She told both men as they exchanged glances.
 
"Doctor?" Jack asked Roger.

"Definitely!" Roger confirmed.

"I'll make the call!" Jack said and left the bedroom.

Roger took a seat next to her.

"What name did you say? In.. Inaya?" he asked scratching his head. "That's a very interesting name... It's very unusual in cases of amnesia for someone to remember a completely different name... This is more like a case of... delusion..." he muttered, more to himself.

"So you don't remember a thing about you... or me... Do you remember anything else? Where you come from..." he asked her.
 
She watched the two decide to call the Doctor, Jack leaving the room before she could prevent him or object.

"What name did you say? In.. Inaya?"

She nodded hesitantly.

"That's a very interesting name... It's very unusual in cases of amnesia for someone to remember a completely different name... This is more like a case of... delusion..."

She didn't like either term as neither applied to her.

"So you don't remember a thing about you... or me... Do you remember anything else? Where you come from..."

She didn't know how to respond. The person in the mirror was not her.
yet she knew who she was ... or had been.

"Of course I remember who I am ... where I come from ... I ... "

She had been perfectly clear when she woke up. She had expected to be in her bedchamber, expected to deal with what was anticipated to be potentially the end of her people's freedom ... and yet somehow all that seemed to becoming ... indistinct.

" ... I know who I was .. "

She amended...

".. but no ... I didn't even know what Julia looked like before I looked in the mirror .. "
 
Roger shook his head in disbelief and confusion.

"Gosh, I sure hope you're not delusional... Those mental hospital doctors can be very nasty... The drugs they use..." he muttered and then shook his head.

"No, you're not delusional... You're just tired, right? Had a rough night or something?" he asked hopefully.

"Got it! He's on his way!" Jack said as he came back in. "She must be starving! Let's get her some food! Are you hungry?"
 
"Gosh, I sure hope you're not delusional... Those mental hospital doctors can be very nasty... The drugs they use..."

He was frightening her now.

"No, you're not delusional... You're just tired, right? Had a rough night or something?"

She nodded hesitantly.

"Got it! He's on his way!"

Her eyes widened in alarm at the idea of someone assessing her.

"She must be starving! Let's get her some food! Are you hungry?"

She shook her head.

"No ... and I don't want to see a Doctor ... "

She told them.

"Rodger ... please ... "

She appealed to her 'husband'.

"I just need ... time... "
 
"It's alright, honey!" Roger said as he leaned over her and kissed her forehead. "It's not that kind of doctor! We need to know if something is wrong physically!"

"He's my personal doctor, Julia, and he wouldn't do anything without my approval!" Jack said reassuringly.

"That's right. He's not a psychologist or anything!" Roger added.

"I'll go make some coffee! Make sure she comes to eat something too!" Jack said and left the room.

"Look, when the doctor comes let him examine you, but don't mention other names... or memories... OK?" Jack asked, caressing her cheek. "It's like you said: you need time! OK?"
 
"It's alright, honey! It's not that kind of doctor! We need to know if something is wrong physically!"

She wanted to believe him and allowed herself to be briefly comforted by his kiss on the forehead.

"He's my personal doctor, Julia, and he wouldn't do anything without my approval!"

Jack seemed as eager to reassure her.

"That's right. He's not a psychologist or anything!"

They seemed to be united in their intention of taking care of her and Inaya wondered just how close they were given the dynamics of the two, or even he three including Julia, including her she corrected herself mentally.

She watched Jack leave the room and noted that in his absence her husband moved closer to her.

"Look, when the doctor comes let him examine you, but don't mention other names... or memories... OK?"

He suggested.

"It's like you said: you need time! OK?"

She nodded.

"But you'll stay with me won't you?"

She asked.

"In case he asks me something I don't know or ... he says anything I don't understand...?"

Even though they had only met that morning he was all she had and needed the security of having him with her.

"I ... I'm just ... so confused ... "

She confessed ...
 
"I know you're confused, honey, it's alright... It's probably the drink last night... too strong... Don't worry about it! I'll be right here when the doctor sees you, OK?" he said, caressing her cheek.

"Maybe you should try to reassure Jack that it's all OK... You know?..." he whispered as he looked towards the door. "I'm counting on his funding big time! And you've been such a great help so far! He really likes you! Like, really, really!" he added with a strange smile on his face.

"I think he had plans for you today..." he added. "But nevermind that... you need to get better... That's the priority... Maybe take a shower before the doc gets here?"
 
"I know you're confused, honey, it's alright... It's probably the drink last night... too strong... Don't worry about it! I'll be right here when the doctor sees you, OK?"

She was relieved and nodded as his hand smoothed over her cheek, the unfamiliarity of such an intimate touch making Inaya blush.

"Maybe you should try to reassure Jack that it's all OK... You know?...
I'm counting on his funding big time! And you've been such a great help so far!
He really likes you! Like, really, really!"


There was something in the way he spoke that concerned her. She didn't need empathic powers to question the nature of the relationship between the two men.

"I think he had plans for you today... But nevermind that... you need to get better... That's the priority... Maybe take a shower before the doc gets here?"

It seemed that all too easily Roger had decided that Jack had to be placated. Just what was going on between the three of them, Inaya had to work out.

"So... Jack lives next door and this is his place ... and he's funding your ... your project..?"

She clarified.

"So ... how come he likes me so much? ... and what made you think he'd put something in my drink earlier...?"

Her head swam with questions, but for now those would have to do ...
 
"So... Jack lives next door and this is his place ... and he's funding your ... your project..?"

"So ... how come he likes me so much? ... and what made you think he'd put something in my drink earlier...?"


"Yes, honey, I told you!..." he began and then realized she was still confused.

"My research project is very expensive and scientists all over the world would kill for the opportunity. Jack agreed to fund my project because it was the most promising... And because he really likes you. He thinks you're super hot! You've been very sexy around him and you won him over! It's because of you that I got the project going!" he said with a smile.

"And about the drink stuff... no, he wouldn't do that. He would want you to be fully awake and aware if anything happened... I was just a bit concerned and silly to say that..." he continued, his hand now caressing her shoulder.
 
"Yes, honey, I told you!... My research project is very expensive and scientists all over the world would kill for the opportunity. Jack agreed to fund my project because it was the most promising... And because he really likes you."

She found it strange how her husband enthused over his friend and backer's opinion of her.

He thinks you're super hot! You've been very sexy around him and you won him over! It's because of you that I got the project going!"

She managed to school her expression. So Julia had been 'sexy' around him.?
She couldn't help thinking that this was not the behaviour of a loving wife!

"And about the drink stuff... no, he wouldn't do that. He would want you to be fully awake and aware if anything happened... I was just a bit concerned and silly to say that..."

She couldn't believe what he'd said; ... awake and aware if anything happened..
What did that mean?!?

"Sure, perhaps I'd best talk to Jack ... reassure him I'm ok ...?"

She suggested sure that the only way to find out what was going on between them was to actually talk to Jack sometime soon ...
 
"That would be great!" he said and kissed her cheek. "Maybe you want to take a shower before the doctor gets here?

"Coffee is ready!" Jack said as he came in again.

"I think she shouldn't drink coffee before the doctor sees her!" Roger replied.

"Hm... Good point..."

"I think she wants to take a shower before though..." Roger suggested.

"Great! I'll go make some breakfast for her, and you can go to the lab. I'll take care of her!"

"I don't know... Honey? Would you be OK with that?" he asked shyly.
 
"That would be great! Maybe you want to take a shower before the doctor gets here?"

It seemed that she had said the right thing and she was pleased that he seemed less worried, for the time being at least.

"Coffee is ready!"

Again the other man came into the room and Inaya realised how strange it was that Roger was so at ease with his presence given her state of undress. Again then discussed her between them and decided that she should not drink coffee. It was as if the two were used to discussing matters regarding her she mused.

"I think she wants to take a shower before though..."

It was what Roger had suggested twice and actually perhaps it would indeed clear her head. The year and her surroundings suggested that she was out of her time, let alone out of her body, some decades behind what she knew to be current day. Yet though she remembered the details of that last day, it seemed that memories of her personal history were fading, a fact that was making her more disorientated as if this life had more reality to it than the 24 years of her own existence.

"I don't know... Honey? Would you be OK with that?"

Belatedly Inaya focused back on her present, her eyes widening as she realised that Jack was suggesting that she be left in his care.

"... you said you'd stay with me ... "

She responded impulsively. For some reason the presence of the man who was her husband seemed to calm and reassure her whilst she sensed that there was something not quite right about Julia's relationship with Jack ... and she had no basis for her suspicions. Without her empathic powers, she was floundering and relying on some instinct that was untried and as such difficult to trust.

"... I'm sure Jack has plenty to be doing rather than babysitting me ..."

She tried another strategy so that she didn't offend the man she was supposed to keep on side for her husband's sake.
 
"Awww..." Roger displayed a puppy eyed look, as he leaned over her and kissed her lips softly. "I'm not going to abandon you, honey! If YOU are asking me to stay, you are really not well at all!"

"Actually no, I wasn't going to do anything else today!" Jack began. "I was planning to show you around the city... you know, show you a good time..."

"Honey, maybe that's exactly what you need!" Roger smiled at her. "I'm sure that is exactly what the doctor will order!" he said, and stopped just when the door-bell rang. "Where does this doctor live, downstairs?" Roger asked Jack.

"His practice is very close by actually. And when I call, he runs!" Jack smiled and left the bedroom to let the doctor in.

"It's alright, honey, I'll be right here!" Roger said, holding her hand when the doctor came in the bedroom.

"Hello there! I'm doctor Forbes!" a 40 year old man said to them as he set his bag on the floor next to the bed. "What can I do for you?"

"It's my wife, Julia! I think she had a rough night and has some trouble remembering stuff..." Roger began.

"I see. Hello Julia! Can I ask you if you remember your name and who these gentlemen are?" the doctor asked her.
 
"Awww...I'm not going to abandon you, honey!
If YOU are asking me to stay, you are really not well at all!"


She smiled at his expression and neither resisted nor responded when he kissed her. It seemed that she, or rather Julia wasn't the clingy type.

"Actually no, I wasn't going to do anything else today! I was planning to show you around the city... you know, show you a good time..."

Jack responded to her comment and again she could not help but think it weird that he should speak like that before her husband ... AND that said husband thought nothing of it!

"Honey, maybe that's exactly what you need! I'm sure that is exactly what the doctor will order!"

Her gaze moved from one man to the other. Roger seemingly loving and attentive and yet the undeniably impressive Jack seemed ever present ...
And then the arrival of the doctor took her attention. She heard the two joke about his swift arrival, but she couldn't help being wary. As if being aware of her concern it was Roger who again reassured her.

"It's alright, honey, I'll be right here!"

She hadn't known what to expect, but the man who came into the room seemed friendly and ready to help.

"Hello there! I'm doctor Forbes! What can I do for you?"

The feeling of Roger's hand holding hers calmed Inaya's fears as she decided to follow his lead.

"It's my wife, Julia! I think she had a rough night and has some trouble remembering stuff..."

But it seemed that the doctor wanted to hear from her directly.

"I see. Hello Julia! Can I ask you if you remember your name and who these gentlemen are?"

She met his eyes and feared that he saw too much. She glanced at Jack and Roger knowing she couldn't lie outright, but then again, she could be economical with the truth.

"I know Roger's my husband and of course I know Jack ... "

She squeezed Roger's hand and turned a smile upon Jack, sure that this would be totally in character for Julia.

"I am ... confused though ... "

She added hesitantly.

"When I woke up ... it was as if I wasn't me ... Julia ... "

She didn't want to say too much, so she simply concluded.

"I had a rough day yesterday and ... I really don't feel well ... things are coming back to me know, but ... I still feel ... disorientated ... "

She told him, which was a version of the truth. The main thing she couldn't tell him was that the details of her life, her life as Inaya, seemed to be fading ... all but the final actions of that last day ... and in many ways that was her greatest fear, being consumed by Julia's identity ...
 
Last edited:
The doctor nodded to her explanations, keeping a warm smile as he listened.

"OK, let's see! May I?" he asked Roger, who excused himself and got off the bed, his place being taken by the doctor. "I'm just going to take your pulse!" the doctor said and took her wrist in between his fingers, looking at his watch.

He then opened his bag and took a blood pressure meter, and attached it to her wrist, hitting the button to inflate it. He waited for the results, raising his eyebrows as he read the digits on the small screen.

"Hm... I would have expected you to have lower blood pressure, but your blood pressure is fine. I am going to listen to you heart, OK? I'm just going to lower the sheet. Jack, you need to give us a few minutes!" the doctor said and reached into his bag to pick up a stethoscope.

He waited until Jack left the room, and then he slowly lowered the sheet, completely uncovering her breasts. He placed the stethoscope in several positions on her chest, listening carefully, as Roger was looking down at her where he stood.

"OK... everything sounds OK... blood pressure is good... only slightly elevated, which is to be expected!" the doctor said and placed the stethoscope back in his bag, covering her breasts with the sheet.

"Then what could be wrong?" Roger asked.

"Actually it doesn't sound as bad as Jack said. It's not unusual to wake up disoriented in a new place that you're not used to. If heavier drinking was involved yesterday, that will add to the disorientation. I can see no signs of physical problems!" the doctor said and stood.

"So what can we do?" Roger asked.

"Give her some time to get her bearings, drink plenty of fluids, eat healthy, and don't do anything stressful. Basically, take some time to rest! If any new symptoms occur, call me immediately!" the doctor said and handed Roger his business card.
 
She couldn't tell what he thought of her account, but his demeanour didn't change.

"OK, let's see! May I?"

She nodded and let Roger move away to allow the doctor to sit on the bed beside her.

"I'm just going to take your pulse!"

He told her, his examination slowly methodical. He also took her blood pressure.

"Hm... I would have expected you to have lower blood pressure, but your blood pressure is fine. I am going to listen to you heart, OK? I'm just going to lower the sheet. Jack, you need to give us a few minutes!"

Ironic that it was the doctor and not Roger who asked Jack to leave the room, she noted as he lowered the sheet and listened to her heart.

"OK... everything sounds OK... blood pressure is good... only slightly elevated, which is to be expected!"

She gave him a hesitant smile as he replaced the sheet and heard Roger question the doctor further.

"Actually it doesn't sound as bad as Jack said. It's not unusual to wake up disoriented in a new place that you're not used to. If heavier drinking was involved yesterday, that will add to the disorientation. I can see no signs of physical problems!"

Part of her wanted to deny the drinking allegation and to tell him that this wasn't her time, her place, or even her body that he had just examined, but she knew she had to remain silent.

"Give her some time to get her bearings, drink plenty of fluids, eat healthy, and don't do anything stressful. Basically, take some time to rest! If any new symptoms occur, call me immediately!"

Her smile was one of genuine relief that at least physically she, or rather Julia was healthy. She thanked the doctor and watched Roger show him out. With a soft sigh she lay back on the bed and closed her eyes.

" ... what the hell is happening to me ... "

She murmured not understanding what had happened at all ...
 
Back
Top