The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoof! I've lived in that sort of climate before and got used to it. Living here in sunny Florida has thinned my blood and spoiled me. I get restless if I can't go to the beach at least 3 times a week. It's a good place to relax and mellow out. :D

We don't have beaches here. We have rivers--treacherous and alluring. I don't recommend being on the river when there's ice, but right now is all right. Make sure you take a boat and bundle up.

Well, I went to my fly-tying class tonight and the instructor liked my fly best so it goes on the wall for the next year. Amazing . . .

And speaking of the beach, our club dean (90 years old and still takes the steps two at a time!) is hosting a fly casting in the surf next week. I guess I know what I'm doing next Wednesday and Thursday.

I swear, Elwood is an inspiration! Now if we knew he was still romancing the ladies . . .

Elwood? He was "sparking" me last month and he broke my heart. Does that answer your question? :D

Well, I went to my fly-tying class tonight and the instructor liked my fly best so it goes on the wall for the next year. Amazing . . .

And speaking of the beach, our club dean (90 years old and still takes the steps two at a time!) is hosting a fly casting in the surf next week. I guess I know what I'm doing next Wednesday and Thursday.

I swear, Elwood is an inspiration! Now if we knew he was still romancing the ladies . . .

What beach are you fishing, Bear?

Years ago i fished Bolivar Point with a weighted fly on an ultralight rig for sand bass and sand dabs. It was a glass shrimp that a guy at one of the local bait shops tied. It also worked great for Halibut in the back bay at Newport.

What beach are you fishing, Bear?

Years ago i fished Bolivar Point with a weighted fly on an ultralight rig for sand bass and sand dabs. It was a glass shrimp that a guy at one of the local bait shops tied. It also worked great for Halibut in the back bay at Newport.

I know that it may be hard to believe for anyone who lives here or has visited, but Belmont Shore has some awesome surf fishing . . . along with a lot of "distractions"! :devil:

I know that it may be hard to believe for anyone who lives here or has visited, but Belmont Shore has some awesome surf fishing . . . along with a lot of "distractions"! :devil:

Is surf fishing how they catch all the "surfs" they use to make Surf & Turf at the restaurants???

Or did you mean "serf" fishing? (which sounds kind of Medieval... But I guess that's a moat point anyways!!!!)

Is surf fishing how they catch all the "surfs" they use to make Surf & Turf at the restaurants???

Or did you mean "serf" fishing? (which sounds kind of Medieval... But I guess that's a moat point anyways!!!!)

Most of the surfs I get with surf and turf are lobsters. ;)

Only if you serf fish in the moat. :D

Most of the surfs I get with surf and turf are lobsters. ;)

Only if you serf fish in the moat. :D

Okay, so if one of those lobsters holds its breath until it's blue are they called "Smurfs"???

Of course you go serf fishing in the moat! That way when you hook one you can run real fast along the castle wall and make the poor bugger skip across the moat water. Where do you think the sport of serfing came from???

Of course you go serf fishing in the moat! That way when you hook one you can run real fast along the castle wall and make the poor bugger skip across the moat water. Where do you think the sport of serfing came from???

I always wondered.

Anyone fancy a glass of something then ?
Latest medical nonsense is that it could be another 6 months before I get my taste buds back.

How about aromas? I understand the shut down of the taste buds themselves but your sense of smell should still work, no? How about a fine, rich tawny port?

How about aromas? I understand the shut down of the taste buds themselves but your sense of smell should still work, no? How about a fine, rich tawny port?

Oh, I wish.
I can smell most things, perfumes, aftershaves, etc.
I am getting some sense of taste back (I could only just taste the fruit in the Christmas Pud, for example, but the brandy cream was quite strong).
Cheese seems to have weakened, for example (I used to eat a mild cheese, but I think I need something sharper if I want to taste it).

Until I have spoken to my Consultant (he who said "no alcohol"), I still have two bottles of good, rich, port to drink (I cannot bear the thought of diluting it with something like lemonade). And I'll see him in a fortnight

Afternooner Nakeds.

Ready to party?

Well I am! :cool:

Rolf - something to drink please - surprise me. ;)

I've never been invited to a naked party. It's just as well. I don't have a thing to wear.

I have a suggestion.

How about a transparent apron?...:devil:

Maj, I think I preferred the previous AV.

Bear,
Can I interest you in a glass of Gewürztraminer ( a particular favourite of mine ) ?
I'm unfamiliar with Zinfandel.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back