A mortal in the Band (Closed)

Asa

Writer...Dream...Fantasy
Joined
Jun 9, 2003
Posts
36,474
tumblr_l5xjijK2cw1qbvanbo1_500.jpg
tumblr_mzh9bmCZt31rzb0veo1_250.jpg

Eden Legacy ~Vampire~
tumblr_maxm08bddC1rcqfvyo1_500.jpg

Omen Steele
tumblr_m4skxfUeh81qg22hlo1_500.jpg

((New Guitarist))

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Seeking New Guitarist for International band Death Dancer
No ties to bind to any one place
Must love travel
Night owls and Lovers of the Night preferred

Death Dancer is seeking to replace their guitarist. Several months ago Stefan Jagg left this world to play his music among the stars and after a time of grieving writing funeral and celebrations of his life and talent. Now they seek to find a guitarist of his caliber to stand tall in his honor in a tribute tour to all of those places he loved in life.

Contact Lead singer Eden Legacy or Drummer Omen Steele for audition

Omen sat there unimpressed that Eden as willing to open auditions to anyone including mortals. His arms crossed the glare in his already piercing eyes clear he was going to be tough to win over while Eden was far more relaxed and smiling a little as she listened to each guitarist who chose to audition.
 
Alex Storm

Alex was a fan of music. It all started before he was even borne, when his mother and father played their own music and danced. This was his link to the world and the legacy they left him. He started playing guitar at age ten, already able to keep rhythm and invent beats on improvised drums. But all that love and safety was ripped away by one drunk driver. He survived. His parents and little sister didn't, he was sixteen at the time and survived with broken bones and heavy bruises.

All he had in the world was the money left to him by his parents' will, his guitar and sound system. He finished school from a foster home and decided to leave the house as soon as he could. Alex was amazed to see the add for Death Dancer in th local paper, they were one of his favorite bands and they actually held auditions!

He had waited in line with his guitar for what felt like ages. The line was packed with hopefuls and since he was living in a rented room, surviving by playing on the streets and in the parks, he had to walk to get here. He was dressed in his best clothing, scuffed boots, well-worn black jeans and black Death Dancer t-shirt. It was finally his turn and he stepped in front of Eden Legacy and Omen Steele, he had seen pictures of them both, but seeing them in person was enough to set anybody on edge. They both had this otherworldy precense and Alex realized that he could say nothing, his tongue seemed frozen.

So he let the guitar do his talking, a tune familiar to them as it was based on a Death Dancer song, but modified a bit.
 
Eden smiled as Omen just snorted a little. The snort only achieved an elbow to the ribs from Eden and a glare as she listened. When the song was over she clearly looked him over and spoke.

So a mute guitarist who tries to take on Stefan's personal song with his own twist? Gonna be hard to talk to the press if you can't talk to us. Oh and ignore Omen he got up on the wrong side of his ass this morning.

Another glare shot Omen's way that very clearly held the edge of a challenge... was the challenge to be nice or keep his attitude to himself if he knew what was good for him.
 
Alex cleared his throat, the music gave him that courage he needed and soothed his frayed nerves as well, "The moment was just a bit too much for me. It is not everyday you get to meet musical superstars. My name is Alex Storm and I think that even though Mr Steele like to glare and grump, I can meet any musical challenge he could have for me. I know that sounds cocky, but that is my level of comitment to music and how much I'd liked to be a part of Death Dancer."

There was more to say, but he just threw down a challenge and it was not anidle one either, it could get him a place in the band or just a casual brush off, he was certain that by meeting Steele's hostility with the calm professionalism of his trade, he could perhaps win over Eden.
 
Eden smiled at his answers and looked to open conferring quietly.

I like him... No family scent... No confining thoughts...

Omen snorted...

Yeah but he is mortal... Contently having a o be acting and careful about what we say and do and where we play... The human can play... So let him play for one of their bands not us... Think about it Eden... We already walk a thin line with our kind and if Gregor thinks he has found a weakness that's it... Me and some punk human can't fight him and his goons.

Omen knew the smile and the look he was trying to rationalize with Eden Legacy... No one ever won at that except.. No... He looked back at the kid...a little more scruff and late 1800s attire and it was Adam... No... There was no reasoning with her even if she didn't realize it he knew where her mind was.
 
The two spoke to each other quietly, a few glances in his direction, meant that he was part of their personal discussion. He had nothing to say now, he had to wait. So wait he did, the only bad part about waiting was that he started to stare at Eden and that was the last thing he wanted to do. Not that she was ugly or deformed or strange or something. She was just so alluring. He wasn't sure why, she was no super model, didn't seem to place a lot of care into her looks, but he found that he could not look away unless he forced himself.

So he forced himself to look away and stare at his old, beaten-up guitar, the nnew strings that gleamed dully in the light, he glanced at Eden. Found himself staring and looked away once more.
 
He is ours Omen... like us... One of us... he is Death Dancer... You know Talon will agree with me. Once our dear Bassist gets back from her pride obligations.

Eden smirked.

Yeah yeah she always does... and yeah... you are right... he is one of us.

Omen nodded. He understood what was in her mind even if she didn't know it yet herself. Eden was a unique being even among their kind that is why they had Talon but with Talon away on a two month obligation with the werecats he was less than comfortable with a mortal being his only back up against Gregor should he chose any time soon to go after Eden. He looked to Eden one more time then to the human...

Welcome to the band kid... As I am sure you know normally we have a bassist Talon Da Veaga. She will not be with us for the first two weeks of the tour... Family issues so hope you can handle the load the first two weeks alone.


~~~~~~~~~~~~
isha_koppikar_014_hdap_zpsec6a51f1.jpg

Talon Luna Da Veaga
 
Last edited:
Just like that? Wasn't the other's supposed to play, should they not hear everybody? But his puzzlement gave way to joy. He was in! In the band and all he had to do was find a way to play bass guitar. But since DD was a more conventional sound, he could most likely find a way to carry the melody on the guitar. He nodded, a slight smile the only way to tell how happy he really was.

"I believe I can manage."

He would manage alright and he will prove that he deserve this place in the band. He paused at a thought, he needed to pack. OK all his stuff would most likely fit into a backpack, so there was not much time needed.

"Uhm just a question, how soon would you want me to begin?"
 
Rehearsal begins sundown tonight tour starts in a month and a half. Two weeks with just the three of us and catching up with Talon in Atlanta.

Eden stood up and walked over to the door and spoke to one of the crowd control various assistance people and they dismissed everyone else.

So anything we need to know about you? Family job obligations anything like that to work around?
 
Ok so he had time to pack his stuff at least. He unslung the guitar and slipped it into an even more beat-up guitar bag.

"Well not much to tell really. I have no immediate family, my social standing offers no friends and my work is to play guitar on the streets or parks for tips. I doubt that there is anything to hold me down or back."

He gave a slight grimace, "Even my worldly posessions can fit into a back pack, I doubt that I will be missed at all in this place." And even as he said it, he didn't realize that it was all too true.
 
Hearing his story she looked to Omen.

Sounds like a Drummer I know... and almost like my own tale but all that is better over beers after a show. Here is the address for rehearsals and you can crash there too if you need a place. We tend to crash there too.

Omen walked over extending his hand to Alex with a nod.

Welcome... brother...
 
Out of sheer instinct he took Omen's hand, the grip firm and far stronger than Omen's build and body indicated. "Thank you. I will not let you down."

He slung the guitar on to his back and took the piece of paper from Eden, he was careful to not touch her. He felt that he might be lost if he did, not his soul, but a part of him may not be his anymore. He looked at the adress, "I'll be there in two or three hours. I guess we have much to discuss and do."

No goodbyes were needed, he nodded at them and left the building. Pausing outside to catch his breath and look up at the blue, sun-kissed sky. He probably wasn't going to see much of it in the near future...he was in a band! Death Dancer of all groups! He laughed out loud and with an almost-jig, he celebrated, before heading to his little domicile to gather his stuff.
 
They moved to the underground tunnel that led back to the warehouse studio to rest before rehearsal. When they emerged from the tunnels a few people were milling about as Omen found a blood doll and vanished leaving Eden to answer questions and tend to matters as usual and rest till night fall. Once late evening fell they were in the studio awaiting their newest member.
 
Packing and ordering his immediate ending of lease took a bit longer than he had expected. It was growing dark when he managed to find the address that Eden had given him. He pushed open the door and stepped inside, selective lightning gave the place an almost spooky aspect, but then again it was not like he was stepping into a vanilla Pop team. He shifted his old guitar, "Hello? Anybody here?"
 
A mammoth of a security guard walks over with a growl.

Who are you?

Omen's voice rang out.

Damon... He is with the band... Meet our new guitarist.

But he...

Omen quickly cut him off.

Eden chose him and I agree. Back down... He is safe. Follow me we start rehearsal soon.
 
That moment you feel like you will die? That point where your heart seems to pump pure adrenaline and you're in that pure state of run or fight. And that was what happened right then with Alex, but just at the moment that he had to take action, Omen's words brought the threat to an imediate end. Alex suddenly had adrenaline in his system and a defused situation. Damn.

He took deep breaths as he followed the shadowy figure of Omen, looking for a space to stack his stuff, but as they have entered a room which seemed to be where Omen was leading him to.
 
Eden figured you would be crashing here so this can be your place. Should find everything ya need. Just don't go down the hall with the red tile. Just safer to stay away from there. Rehearsal area is further down the hall to the right and catch you there in half hour.

With that Omen walked away leaving him in a fairly decent sized room with a couple of doors leading to the mortally expected bathroom and bedroom.
 
Alex looked around, the room was better than his own, heck it was close to being bigger than his last apartment. He placed his bag on the bed, checked the other doors, finding a bedroom and bathroom. Whoa.

He fetched his bag and packed his clothes away, using the bathroom to refresh himself and hoped that he didn't have to stay up the whole night, it would take him a day or two to adjust to the night owl lifestyle that was stated in the add. Still he was quite surprised that it took just one song.

Pulling his guitar from the bag, he wondered if there was a contract or something he had to sign. Well with Death Dancer being as big as they were, that meant that they would just have a person walk in. He grinned and headed out, finding the hallway that Omen had directed, he was on time, of that he was quite certain. He walked down the hallway with his guitar in hand.
 
Eden was already sitting at a piano working on a new song. Omen stood back talking to various people milling around as a kid ran up to Alex...

You don't smell like a guitarist...

With that the kid ran away as Omen motioned him over.

Let's get started... Everyone you know what to do clear out. Tyler... Get back to your mom.
 
Alex stared after the kid, as he got close enough to Omen, he remarked, "What is a guitarist supposed to smell like? Not like I didn't have a shower a few minutes ago." He broke off when he heard Eden play, the notes had a special quality to them and he knew that he could add the bass notes with his guitar, this song didn't seem to need a lead guitar. He studied Eden for a few moments, then moved to the amplifier and plugged in his guitar. First music, talking.a bit later.

He made the adjustments and when Eden started again, he started a bass line, softly, just checking out if it worked with what she played. For the time being he had actually forgotten about Omen, he just focused on the piano's notes.
 
Eden paused as Tyler spoke and chuckled a little.

Tyler grew up around Stefan and Stefan tended to always have something cinnamon on him.

She had never stopped playing as she spoke then sank back into her music only glancing up when he began playing and continued to play as Omen recorded it for now.
 
Alex soon realized that the song didn't need anything else, though the guitar did add a different dimension to it, it also robbed it of something. Switching off the amp, he sat down on a high chair and listened instead, of course this meant that he had to look at Eden, but now he actually had a reason.
 
Eden finally stopped playing and looked around.

Sorry tranced out didn't I? Let's start rehearsal.

Omen moved to his drums and nodded
 
"Yeah you kinda did get away from us for a few moments there."

Alex slid from the chair and switched on the amp

"So what are we playing and you do know that I'd need a sheet just to see the songs for the first time right?"
 
Eden handed him a folder of the songs and nodded.

Yeah... Here you go.

Rehearsal ran long but it was nothing new word was their rehearsals ran from sun down till nearly sun up normally. The music did something to her as they rehearsed she seemed to meld with the emotion of the song even if it was not blatant emotion in the song. Like tracing out before it seemed that is almost how she stayed when surrounded by music.
 
Back
Top