Firefly

Hehe well give me a trap to fall into and we shall see what kind of trouble I can stir up.

also believes she doesn't need to do anything to make herself better bait.

A slight tilt of her head as brunette locks were captured, a teasing resistance to the gentle grip. A smile touches her lips.

Absolutely nothing, Hun. I knew where I was jumping.

Another barrier people have to get around in these Firefly RPs is the language. You could probably cover the swearing in Mandarin with a web search or two, but in the show and movie the dictation to the dialogue is different reflecting a growth and evolution of the english language in the next couple of centuries.

Here's an example:

"That doesn't mean you're with us unless I conjure it does."

as opposed to using the word figure there. They express the same thing, but its a little daunting to think of trying to maintain that firefly dialogue for your posts without veering back into real life word usages, such as figure instead of conjure there.

Its what keeps me from thinking about doing a firefly RP, eventhough I love the show and movie.

It's a roleplay on an Internet forum. You don't have to be painfully accurate. You're not in charge of rebooting the show. I'm not saying you shouldn't care about that stuff but don't let it paralyze you from attempting.

One of these
was tried in the ORP section recently but predictably it didn't get very far. A shame, really. I liked my character.

It's a roleplay on an Internet forum. You don't have to be painfully accurate. You're not in charge of rebooting the show. I'm not saying you shouldn't care about that stuff but don't let it paralyze you from attempting.

One of these
was tried in the ORP section recently but predictably it didn't get very far. A shame, really. I liked my character.

Great way of putting it. I agree there. If you're enjoying it who cares.

Back