What Are You Listening To Now? 5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a song I've been working on. It's interesting to know that the song is supposedly inspired by a rural thoroughfare in Alabama that leads from Georgiana to the Oakwood Annex Cemetery in Montgomery (final resting place of Hank Williams).

Anyway, I'll put this up for my friend PuckIt...hope you enjoy it.

Seven Bridges Road by Steve Young

Here's a song I've been working on. It's interesting to know that the song is supposedly inspired by a rural thoroughfare in Alabama that leads from Georgiana to the Oakwood Annex Cemetery in Montgomery (final resting place of Hank Williams).

Anyway, I'll put this up for my friend PuckIt...hope you enjoy it.

Seven Bridges Road by Steve Young

Wow! Talk about memories! Couldn't tell you how many nights the two assholes I used to run with would make me play and sing that. (Mostly couldn't tell you how many because we were usually pretty drunk before they could get me to get my guitar out of my trunk. :eek: )

Way to take me down some Country Roads, Yukon! :D

Wow! Talk about memories! Couldn't tell you how many nights the two assholes I used to run with would make me play and sing that. (Mostly couldn't tell you how many because we were usually pretty drunk before they could get me to get my guitar out of my trunk. :eek: )

Way to take me down some Country Roads, Yukon! :D

Wish we were closer, I love to hear your version of that ;) But now you're just trying to make me cry with a memory of John. Saw him once, incredible talent...and his songs had a part in making me need to go to Alaska so many years ago.

Here's one a bit more rebellious : Two Hangmen - Mason Profit

Oh, I wouldn't have minded so much, Yukon. But, you know how it goes. "If you're gonna play in Texas..." and all that.

And Chris and Mike (and whatever flavor of the evening they had hanging on their arms) wouldn't let me put that damn HondoII steel string up once I got it out until my fingers bled.

(Just FYI, I stored it too long without detuning and the bridge tore loose. And it just wasn't worth it to me to replace it since I'd already started having issues by then. So, I haven't played in probably 12 or 13 years. Or sang seriously in seven or eight. [Although I still sometimes caterwaul along with whatever is playing. With Daisy Mae as my backup chorus.])

But, my version was probably a lot closer to the Eagles remake than the original.:eek: Close enough anyway, I could comfortably segue into a little ditty about Jack and Diane.

Oh, I wouldn't have minded so much, Yukon. But, you know how it goes. "If you're gonna play in Texas..." and all that.

And Chris and Mike (and whatever flavor of the evening they had hanging on their arms) wouldn't let me put that damn HondoII steel string up once I got it out until my fingers bled.

(Just FYI, I stored it too long without detuning and the bridge tore loose. And it just wasn't worth it to me to replace it since I'd already started having issues by then. So, I haven't played in probably 12 or 13 years. Or sang seriously in seven or eight. [Although I still sometimes caterwaul along with whatever is playing. With Daisy Mae as my backup chorus.])

But, my version was probably a lot closer to the Eagles remake than the original.:eek: Close enough anyway, I could comfortably segue into a little ditty about Jack and Diane.

Yeah, once we get down to the caterwauling stage...the key is to add more attitude: Like, "This is the way it's supposed to sound, you fool! Where you been hide'n... in yore mamma's apron pocket?" :rolleyes:

Tool! Lots and lots of Tool lately, kinda matches my mood.

I love to read comments on youtube videos and on one Tool video someone commented
Tool is like Pink Floyd for angry people...

LOL!!! I can see that.

Birds outside my window.

The low hum of the HVAC system in the background, warming things up.

The plunk of my fingers on my keyboard.

Other than that, it's pretty quiet.

Listening to a playlist that youtube made for me and it has Tool, Steely Dan, Conor Oberst/Bright Eyes, and Rush on it.
About to leave though to go get groceries and take them to my mom, but I'll leave the playlist up for my dog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back