The Proposal ~ Reserved ~

katalynn

Playing with demons
Joined
Apr 12, 2003
Posts
11,825
Tyrica Stone is an executive editor in chief of a top class book publishing company. She has been working here for almost 10 years and everyone is afraid of her. When she walks into the office, they all scramble to look busy although they are alerting each other through instant messages. Most call her a witch, others have more not so polite names for her. Of course they would never say that to her face, yet she knew that they spoke behind her back. What they thik of her didn't matter though and all that did matter is making their clients happy and to gain top dollar from them.

One client she wasn't meant to call because she knew how to push him into publishing his book, yet she went behind her bosses back and made the deal anyway. Which she knew full well would not go over well with the higher ups since she basically stole that client. Even her assistant was taken back after hearing she got the deal and warned her that it was a bad idea. However, that assistant she had under her thumb and he did everything possible to not get on her bad side. So when she said that it will be fine and that the higher ups will be happy with it, he would naturally back down.

About an hour after getting to the office and finding the daily reports were all in order, she got the call to go see her boss. Of course she thought it was about the client and rolled her eyes with a deep groan, calling in the assistant.

“If I am not back in five minutes, come get me. Say that there is an emergency or something lame that forces me to leave.”

She glared at him as he agreed while they walked through the halls to the elevator. Once in the main office she had her speech all prepared to defend her actions. Though, the kicker is that it backfired on her in a major way and it had nothing to do with going behind their backs.

“Deported? What do you mean my visa has expired? It's not like I'm a terrorist or anything... Okay... I can do this.. I can set things up remotely and work that....”

Her boss shook his head while looking up towards another man that stood next to his desk, both watching her closely.

“You don't understand. If you are not working here in the US, then you can no longer work for us. You have one month to get this fixed. Otherwise, we have to let you go Tyrica.”

She was stunned and couldn't believe what she is hearing, shaking her head while her thoughts went into a million different directions. There is a way out of this, so she forgot to sign and some stupid papers and failed to turn them in on time. Still, there were always loopholes and just in time, her assistant came peeking in through the door with some false emergency. Tyrica glanced at him and then back to her boss, soon she was motioning for him to come into the room. Her assistant clearly confused as he slowly walked in to stand next to her.

“I … We.. didn't want to say anything, since we work so closely together. But we are getting married... He is my fiance.”

They were all stunned by her big announcement and the one man tried to protest, though she glared at him and said “Like you never had an affair with your assistant before...” That shut him up. Her boss had a confused look about him, though gave his congratulations and sent them both on their way out.
 
Tyrcia didn't seem too phased by Ryan's reaction as they walked out the door and he spoke up about what happened. Instead of reacting to him spinning her around, she started to look at her phone to check her messages. Being calm and collected as though none of this is serious to her.

“What? It's not a big deal. We get married, I can't get deported and get to keep working here and in six months to a year, we get a divorce.. The end. Nothing changes and life goes on.”

After saying all that, she proceeded to walk off again leaving him standing there for a moment, not caring if he is stressing out or not. To her it was no big deal and the loophole will work out just fine. Once they were in the elevator she just casually spoke up again without looking away from her phone. Not giving the marriage thing a second thought.

“I also need you to work this weekend. There are a few things we need to finish.”

He protested about having other plans for the weekend, though like always she didn't care about HIS plans. It always came down to what she wanted and she wanted him to work the weekend. When they got off the elevator she went straight to another office with a proud smile on her face. Taking notice of some new furniture in George's office, making some small talk about it. All the while, Ryan still processing the last few moments.

“I need to let you go George. I will give you two months to find a new job and allow you to resign this one. You failed to get that interview with Antonio.”

George quickly became panicked and defensive, claiming that Antonio didn't do interviews anymore, which she calmly replied to saying she got it. When she asked if he even called Antonio, his hesitation proved the answer to her and she proceeded to confirm that he is fired. As she walked out of the office, Ryan kept an eye on George and in seconds George came out cussing at her. The entire office were hiding behind their cubicles while listening George belittle Tyrcia. All she did is smile and took it all great stride while letting him finish his ranting.

“Listen carefully George, I am firing you because you are lazy and spend more time cheating on your wife than you do actually working. If you say another word, I will have you escorted out of here. Now if you will excuse me, I have actual work to do.”

With that, she turned and walked off like it was nothing and went back into her office. The whole time she was rambling off items that he should have been taking notes on. Also getting some papers ready for the immigration office. After a couple of moments she finally looked up to see Ryan still sulking about something. She sighed a little with some agitation and set a folder down to give him her full attention.

“What is the problem Ryan?”
 
Tyrica listened to his every word intently then leaned back into her chair very casually with a smile. Glancing him over with a lot of consideration before responding.

“Yes, you are correct in everything in you have said. However, his position pays him well enough that he shouldn't have to sell his house for medical expenses. He and his wife have very good quality insurance that I know covers all her expenses. Yes, that woman that comes in from time to time is the case worker, at the same time I know he is sleeping with her. Along with his bimbo assistants. He never does his job and is very lazy when it comes to his clients.”

Taking a sip of the coffee that Ryan had given her this morning, noticing a girls name with a phone and a note saying 'call me' on it. Clearly a coffee that is meant for Ryan and not for her, although it is the exact same one that she typically drinks. That brought a little smirk and looking back towards Ryan to finish her thoughts.

“If Antonio didn't do interviews then why I did get him to do an interview this morning? I had it sealed before I walked through these doors. As for the marriage, yes you will marry me and do you know why... Ryan?”

She paused to see his hesitation and he slowly shook his head no, seemingly to expect that she will give no doubt give him.

“You will go through with this because if you don't, all your goals will go down the drain. They will replace me with someone else, that someone else will not keep you and will most likely get a bimbo to replace you. Your desire to become an editor and get your book publish will never happen."

With a soft sigh, something that could almost pass for sympathy or perhaps even concern. Giving him a response that she didn't seem to hesitate on in the least.

"Look, You know how difficult it is to get the position you have now. you will have to start over with any other company. Without me, you will be on the streets either flipping burgers or begging for your next meal. Is that what you want Ryan? To start over from scratch?”

Once more his head shook no, although he had a very lost look in his eyes, a look that she apparently didn't care about. Gathering up her papers into the folder and stuffing it into her purse she stood up, looking around to make certain she had everything needed.

“Lets go Ryan, I have to go turn these papers into the immigration and do their stupid interview. I need you to be with me to prove that we are engaged.”

Once she had all her stuff in hand, she scanned through her phone again to check messages, noticing that Antonio is having second thoughts. Ryan walked behind her still stunned and the other coworkers were laughing and giving thumbs up as he walked by them.
 
She knew full well that he wasn't happy at all with how things were happening. To be honest, she didn't want this either. Her life is a very lonely one and she wanted to keep that way. Of course she has had men come and go in her life, yet it was rare that she had a man around, let alone get married. Her home is perfection without the distraction of having someone else in there disrupting everything. She sighed as they made their way to immigration office, which she had no patience for at all.

Once the man at the counter saw her name, he instantly led her into the back rooms, which she thought of as instant help. Instead of being suspicious about it, she took it in great stride and very glad that she didn't have to wait in line with those snot nose kids. She stayed glued to her phone while they waited in the office to reschedule a few meetings.

Finally a man came into the room, older and half bald with a very accusing look on his face. They all greeted each other and Tyrica thanked him for seeing them on short notice. Naturally trying to make nice so they can get out of there quick and easy, though Mr Reid sat down and instantly asked “Are you committing fraud?”. That stunned them both for a moment, then they both obviously denied it as he continued on.

“I ask because if you are, you will be deported indefinitely and you young man will have committed a felony. Punishable by a fine of 250,000$ or a stay for a minimum of five years in a federal prison.”

He noticed the dear caught in headlights look on Ryans face, then asked if he wanted to say something. Ryan just slowly shook his head and clearly struggling with himself. Then he slowly nodded and Tyrica glanced at him shaking her head, secretly praying that he'll keep going with it.

Just when she was about to cover for him, he started speaking up to explain why they couldn't tell anyone about it. Then he said they couldn't tell anyone about it because of his big promotion coming up and that it would be inappropriate. She glared at him with that dagger look wondering what his twisted little brain is doing now.
 
They were both stumbling to be on the same page with their lie, although she did have to give him some credit. After all, they honestly didn't talk about what to say or how to play things out. He did seem to improvise rather well and the man wasn't really buying it, though accepted the few short answers so far. Then he asked about the family knowing of their engagement and she instantly smiled, shaking her head.

"Oh no.. No My parents are dead and no other family."

Mr Jones glanced back at her and then to Ryan, asking if his parents are still alive or if they are dead too. Both of them confirmed that his family is still kicking and strong as ever. Then Tyrica piped up with a sudden idea to get them out of this quicker.

"We were planning on telling his mother this weekend in fact. A family get together for his mothers wedding. Family and friends will be there, we both figured it would be the perfect time for our announcement."

She caught the look that Ryan gave her, then it suddenly changed as Jones kept pressing more questions to see what she knew. He asked where this gathering will be held, she said his mothers place and naturally he asked where that is. Tyrica stuttered for a second before smiling and turning to Ryan.

"Why am I doing all the talking, tell him sweety you can jump in at anytime now."

She tried to play it off as a simple equality speaking time and tried to not be too overly obvious about not knowing. Then Ryan said Georgia... she went white as a ghost, then he mentioned Climax, Georgia. For a split second she thought he was kidding, she's never heard of that place before. After looking at him though, she quickly realized he is dead serious.

"You two are going to Georgia for the weekend?"

That question brought Tyrica back and she quickly said yes, that is where they will be going for the weekend. Although the shock still hadn't quite settled yet, wondering what she had gotten herself into now. After that, things were pretty much done here and Jones gave them the interview time and they were dismissed.

While they were leaving, Antonio called and she spent a few short moments on the phone with him trying to keep his interview going. Meanwhile Ryan walked ahead of her and she started spewing off instructions on how this weekend will go. What airlines they will take and noticed again he wasn't taking notes and just kept walking.

"Why are you not taking notes? What's wrong this time?"
 
The words hadn't quite hit her as she finished the text message and suddenly saw him walking off. Wait? Quite? Done? He can't do that!!!! They needed each other to stay in this, to keep what they have worked so hard to gain... He can't quit!!

"RYAN!! WAIT!! RYAN!!"

The heels she wore made it difficult to run after him quickly, but luckily she caught up to him enough to grab his arm. There was fear and shock running wild in her eyes as she quickly thought of what to do. She had to keep him close, this won't work with any other person, especially now.

"Ok fine.. whatever you want.. Editor.. fine.. it's done."

He glared down at her with almost a satisfied smirk, then he demanded that the promotion will happen immediately. At first she tried to weasel her way out of it, though he didn't agree to her terms. Finally she caved in and told him it would happen asap. Of course he mentioned that book of his again, wanting it to get published and she tossed out a number. Watching as his head shook no and he tossed a higher number at her.

She glanced around them noticing a few people glaring at her and for some reason she didn't feel like she was charge anymore. Though she did keep her composure and tried her hardeset to keep calm about this whole deal. After all, she needed to keep him happy.... for now. Even if she didn't like the idea of losing him as an assistant. There really isn't anyone else out there that can.. or will.. replace Ryan.

"Ok... 20,000 copies.. that can be done.. If you do this weekend with me.. I will get send out the order... anything else you want?"
 
She cringed at his requests, especially at the one to rehire George. It was as though Ryan didn't see him for what he really is. A lazy, perverted pompous and what Ryan didn't know is that they were going to replace her with George. For a split second, she wondered how Ryan would feel about that.

That split second vanished just as quickly as it came to thought when his last request filled her ears. Propose? What does he mean?

"On... my knee? Are you serious?"

She glanced at him with that "are you kidding me" look and saw that he wasn't kidding at all. Looking around at all the people walking by, then looking down at the dirty ground. One last look to meet his dead serious gaze and waiting any longer would mean he leaves.

"Okay..."

She held out her hand expecting him to help her down, which he did and she sat up tall on her knees. The humiliation burning on her cheeks as she caught a few glances from the strangers walking by.

"Ryan... Will you marry me?"

Watching as he considered it for a moment before he said "No" and she lost her breath for that second. He went on to explain that she needed to be more sincere, like she means it. Glancing around again, clearing her throat and putting on a smile while meeting his gaze.

"Ryan, With all my heart I ask you, Will you pretty please marry me?"

Waiting for his answer this time was like sitting on pins and needles.
 
There is no way this is happening to her! How the hell did he turn this around on her? What game is he playing at now? She glared at him as he walked out of the office as if none of this concerned him any longer. He certainly isn't acting passive like he normally does. Calm and collective is his new attitude and she hated it to the core of her being. This isn't suppose to happen like this...

He was suppose to just roll over and play along with her. Instead he took the reigns and put her in the back seat.... How? When did she miss the signs of him turning the tables in his favor? Somehow she needed to regain control and put him back in his place. For now, she will play along with his silly game for the sake of this weekend. But she will be damned if she allows him to go too far and she will put her foot down.

It didn't take her long to do all his silly requests and she cringed at the idea of rehiring George. Clearly that man had everyone in this office fooled, but she saw right through his pity stories and lies. He may have the years on him, however he is a perverted old dog that drools over anyone in a skirt and heels.

With a heavy sigh she made the calls she needed, printed out all the proof Ryan would want. Grudgingly signing those papers and felt sick while doing so. All the while wondering if it would be easier to just go along with things and get deported, it would only be a year. Get all this sorted and get her job back...

Another heavy sigh escaped as she knew it wouldn't be that easy this late in the game. They already had the ball rolling and things were expected of them now. Ryan was at least willing to play along, despite all his silly demands, he hasn't completely left her. For some reason she was thinking about that when she finished getting the airline tickets. Wondering why he is still willing to go through with this, knowing what is at risk if they failed....

By the time he came back from his lunch, she had the papers neatly put into folders on her desk. Without saying anything to him she just went about finishing the email she was working on. Afterwards she shut everything off and gathered her things, clearly stressed and upset with this new direction of his.

"I am leaving early, which means you have the rest of the day off too. I will meet you at the airport at 4pm."

In truth she couldn't look at him right now, still in shock and confused by his recent actions. On top of the folders is the printed confirmation of the plane tickets and time of flight. She grabbed her purse while looking around to make sure she isn't forgetting anything.
 
Tyrica left with a mixture of being furious at Ryan and some hint of pride in him. Realizing that he isn't someone that did actually have a backbone. Although that also brought out the fear as well, he had control over this situation better than she did. All she is doing is going through the motions of it all and taking the easy way out. Where Ryan actually saw all the details and how much it will harm them both. Granted right now he is doing this to save his own skin, just as she is.... Still, she needs to get the upper hand somehow.

When she went home the first thing she did is spend half an hour on the bike to release some of this tension and to clear her head. After that the rest of time went easy enough until it came time to pack the clothes... She had failed to ask him what it is like where they are going. Having no idea where she is going, or the weather, anything else. At least she made a reservation at a nice lodge and had the honeymoon suite to herself. That is something to forward too. As for the rest though... She didn't know what to pack. Everything she had is for business and fancy dinner parties. There is no way she going to dress up all fancy to spend all day in some run down home.

After spending an hour trying to figure out some reasonable clothes to bring, well, reasonable enough for her. She had to pick out what to wear for the plane, after all first impressions are everything to her. She couldn't dress up too business like and she is certainly not going to wear one of her fancy dinner dresses either. More than a few times she came close to calling Ryan to seek his advice like she does with everything else. However, that would just give him the satisfaction of being in control and he might suggest she wear something humiliating. No... He isn't the answer.

Finally she just threw on a blue dress that was comfortable for the plane, not too dressy and not overly business like. She assumed it would be safe for a first impression. She quickly put on some black strappy heels without thinking twice about it. Finished packing and raced to the airport realizing how late it had gotten. Luckily the plane didn't leave until 445, giving her some time to get there.

On the way to the airport her mind was racing and going in circles on what to do about Ryan. She had to remind that she is still his boss. Marriage or no marriage... she is still the one in charge!! Making her way through the airport easy enough since she does this all the time and knew how to pack without issues with security. When she saw Ryan sitting and waiting she took a deep breath before going towards him while pretending she was fine. Taking her seat next to him and pulled out her phone to check the time, luckily there was still 20 minutes to spare.

There was so much she wanted to say to him with all the intentions of putting him back in his place. Unfortunately, he could still walk out on her at this point, there is no stopping him. Sure she can use the threat of firing him for being so cocky about all this. Yet, he's already threatened to quit which meant losing his job didn't mean too much to him. Although he could be pretending to not care too... Either choice she made it would have to tip toe around him.... For now.

"I hope all your requests were done to your satisfaction."
 
When she couldn't answer the three simple questions, reality of all this hit her hard in the gut. Realizing for the first time that she knew absolutely nothing about him. After how many years now? Something about him should have popped out her to give some hint into his personal life. However, all she knew is that he always bent over backwards for her, there never was any time to notice the little details.

“Yes... I know .. You keep pointing that out like a broken record.”

She said rather frustrated while looking over the papers in her hand to read over the questions. One question asked where they lived, she automatically said that was easy, it would be her place. Of course she had to explain why that is to him when gave a questionable look. Then she rolled her eyes while looking at some of the more difficult questions, a small to gain some ground back over him. He couldn't know EVERYTHING about her.

“Fine, Mr Smarty pants.. here's a few for you. Do I have any scars? Do I have any allergies? What is my favorite book?”

She didn't dare look up at him and kept reading the many questions that were there. Unable to believe that there were this many to answer. All had to be by memory too, this will be a challenge, although she did have a wonderful memory. The only thing to do now is to actually pay attention to him and learn what he is like outside of the office.
 
She couldn't stop him as he stormed off and left her alone. His words surprisingly cut deeper than anything else she has felt. Yes, many have called her those things before and calling her out on how poorly she treats others. However, this came from Ryan... The only one that she actually had any connection with and has lasted the longest working with her. What he said though brought out the painful tears while she watched him walk down the isle.

There were reasons why she didn't want to go back 'home'. People may think it is just Canada and that everyone wants to go there. However, there were reasons why she didn't want to get deported back and she bet that Ryan didn't know those reasons. He didn't seem to know about a couple other things too, which in some sense gave her a little hope. She did almost get off the plane though, realizing how much stress this is causing him.

Giving him this much stress wasn't her intentions at all and she certainly didn't want him to hate her. There were enough people out there that hated her and most of the time she didn't care about those others. Again.... This is Ryan... Not just some random fool.

Tyrica couldn't hide the tears nor the concern as he took his seat again, clearly upset with this entire deal and now she couldn't blame him either. None the less, she had to get him back on board somehow and find a way to make this work.

“It was not my intention to make you this angry or to hate me. There are things about me you do not know. I have more than that one scar. Yes, that my favorite series, but not my favorite book, I do have one in particular. I am also allergic to certain fish...”

Shaking her head and trying to read over more questions through the blurriness of the tears. Seemed the more she wiped them away, more would just replace them.

“You do not know why I live alone. Nor do you know how or when I lost my parents, how long I have been on my own. Why I don't like flowers inside the house... Or why I do not wish to return to Canada. I am certain there are other details you do not know.”

Tyrica did her best to choke back the real sobs, fighting harder than ever to keep some kind of composure and rational thought about her next move. Having his insulting words echoing in her mind though didn't help at all.

“ I do care about you Ryan.. I believe your favorite color is blue. I may not know the exact day, but I'm pretty sure your birthday is in June. I do not know your parents name because I have never heard you speak their names. That is not my fault..."

She glanced at the time and out the window to barely see them putting the last of the luggage on the plane. They had about maybe five minutes before taking off, still plenty of time to leave if she didn't get him back on board with the plan.

"If you wish it, I will get off this plane right now and you will never have to see me again. Or we can do this weekend... Your way... If I do not learn these things about you by the time we fly home... I will leave and make certain you have a very secure future. I want to try and make this work. If it doesn't, we end it and part ways.”
 
Each passing second that he remained silent was a second lost and another second that tormented her. Seconds before they closed the door she was about to gather things in defeat. Then the doors closed and they proceeded to get the flight started. His eventual response didn't surprise her much considering he did have a lot to gain from all this. What did surprise her though is that he wanted to do this questionnaire now, either to pass the time or just to get it over with.

It did shock her to some point of how much he honestly paid attention to her and the things he did know were on the scary side. She thought for certain she kept up very solid walls and yet he found a few cracks here and there. Some questions however, he was close, very close and she let him have his answers versus giving the truth. There were just some things that she wasn't ready to reveal yet and some were triggers that she wanted to avoid. However, most questions were pretty basic and common things that couples should know.

For the first half of the questions though, she had a difficult time shutting down the tears as his hurtful words still stung. Although she never admitted that to him, she simply tried to shut down emotionally altogether, hating the idea that she's showing weakness in front of all these people. After a while though, each time he said the name of the city he grew up in... Climax... She couldn't help the little smirks and giggles. By the last question, it broke her and the laugh she gave caused some glares.

His question however caught her off guard and it certainly wasn't a question on these pages. For a split second she considered shrugging it off as it wasn't any of his business. The next second went against that and she knew he had every right to know. After all, he is going through with this despite what could happen to him.

"I was too young to understand the full extent of things, I still don't know the grand details. Short story... My father was a heavy gambler. Made a few bets with the wrong people and somehow I became the price.. Since I was too young, they didn't get me. Needless to say, if I return now I will be forced to marry an extremely abusive man."

Tyrica paused while putting the papers back into her folder as she was very exhausted by all this and the pressure of the plane didn't help. Her head pounded as some of their topics brought up some painful memories, which she managed to skirt by without giving away too much. Just enough to satisfy the interview questions.

"I hold the deed and own the most luxurious estate that I can't even go visit... If I marry him, the deeds to my estate become his... Leaving me with nothing... It was in some contract that my father made. After my fathers death, that contract is technically voided, Or so I've been told. However, this particular man will make certain he gets what is owed to him."

She left out the part that this man used to be her fathers best friend and at one time would have been her Godfather. The tiny details she didn't feel were needed and didn't want to get into. Leaning back in her seat and closing her eyes while massaging her throbbing head.

"My mother is the one that saved me and sent me to California with her family. I have been trying to become a citizen here, however the process is agonizing.... Anyway... I will get all this figured out and we can move on from all this."
 
"Minister of Climax.. I bet the girls were lining up for miles on that."

That was pretty much the only thing she said, leaving him to think that is all she got out of all that. When in reality she sat there quietly for the longest time processing it all. She didn't know anything about country music which is why she didn't know his mother. Although she had a gut feeling she's going to learn more than she wanted to about that style of music. Yet, that isn't all that hard to swallow, what she couldn't grasp onto is the rest of what he said about Susan.

Submissive? Master? Then he called it the 'lifestyle' as if it is some kind of common, every day thing that people did. She wasn't completely naive about it, one of her favorite books had quite a bit of that in it. Truthfully though, she never considered it being a real thing she'd ever have to face in her lifetime. Then she glanced over at him and realized that is most likely where this new side of him came from. Why he never showed his dominate side before she didn't know, he always seemed submissive to her until now. If she wanted him to wear a dress he most likely would have before all this.

"To answer your question from earlier.. He can't come get me for reasons I don't fully understand, I was just always told that I'd be safe as long as I remained here. As for the papers, I thought I did but for some reason they got declined this time."

Tyrica sighed and looked out the window to watch the scenery pass by and surprised herself a little by admiring the beauty. For being a city girl, she didn't stand a chance at surviving in a place like this. That didn't mean she couldn't enjoy some aspect of being out here. After sometime in silence she finally had to ask something that's been weighing her down since he mentioned what his mother is into.

"Sooo.... Ummm... With what you told me.... I know that I said we will do this your way... But.. well..."

Biting her lower lip while trying to hide the flush burning her cheeks as she tried to find the words. In all out honesty, there is no simple way to ask without it sounding accusing. But she did want to make the attempt at being kind of prepared... If that is even possible.

"Do you follow the same.. lifestyle as your mother? And are you expecting me.. to... well... you know... Do that stuff too? I don't know if I can trust enough to just 'play' along with something of that nature... I mean, you are pretty upset with me and I know you are... Just how far do we have to go in order for her to believe us?"
 
She was confused that he didn't want to answer the question in the car, then just as quickly after answering it, he wanted to leave? Although he left her at the bench and she watched while he got back in the vehicle, she remained right where she sat. It wasn't to be stubborn or even defiant, more out of shock and confusion when seeing the hint of pain flash in his eyes. His answer wasn't at all what she expected. She figured he would make her submit and if nothing else, just to humiliate her more.

Shaking her head and taking a few deep breathes of actual fresh air, she eventually got up and got back into the car. Naturally she wanted to ask about what happened and why it didn't work for him. However, she can tell right away that he didn't want to talk about it and to bring it up would only anger him more.

"Fair enough... I just needed to know what I'm getting into here. I have some serious trust issues is all. I didn't mean to upset you by asking."

She gave him a sideways glance before turning to face the window again as they drove off. Secretly she would make sure that he loses nothing if she fails this and already had a plan in the works. Of course she'll do everything in her power to not fail. The rest of the drive she kept silent and couldn't wait to stop traveling.

More than anything she wanted to go to her hotel room, and yet, there was a gut feeling that she won't be staying there. Especially since they were driving pretty far out of town where the hotel was. Either way, having a comfortable bed and nice hot shower is what filled her thoughts for the rest of the drive.

When they did finally reach the plantation, her eyes widen at how large the property really is and the beautiful house that rested on it. She couldn't keep her eyes off every detail and it all left her speechless. On that same note, it almost reminded her a little of her own property back in Canada. Of course she had a much different style home, however the size could easily be comparable.

"Is this where you grew up?"
 
There it is, once more he drove the dagger in and twisted with his words hitting where it counted. She wasn't going to say anything and had planned on dropping the subject. Yet somehow seeing this perky little redhead on his porch made him connect the dots to what she had thought. After that, things just kind of moved in slow motion for her. Feeling a bit upset with herself for ever considering the idea that Ryan would stoop that low.

None of that mattered now since they were here and there is this other girl raping Ryans mouth. Seeing that for some reason stirred up a feeling that she hadn't planned on feeling.... Jealousy. It wasn't strong, or even heart wrenching. More of an envy type jealousy. She wanted to have the passion that this little girl clearly had, even if it is a bit obsessive. Tyrica never had passion enough to just run to someone and knock them down with kisses.

Although, she did notice how upset he was by the action too, of course he was upset to start with. In the fact the more she thought about, she hasn't had one good moment with him since this whole thing started. On the plane going over the questions, some answers made him laugh. Other than that, all she's been doing this whole time is pissing him off. What's worse is, she hasn't been doing anything, hell she hasn't even been bossing him around.

When he finally got the girl off him and explained everything, cussing out the girl for her actions.Then shockingly started pulling Tyrica towards the house. It was here that she has had enough of his attitude and truthfully, he was hurting her while she struggled to keep with him.

"Ryan... Hold up for a moment.."

She pulled at his hand to get him to stop while glancing over at his family staring at them.

"Hug me, right now... Just do it.."

Without giving him much of a choice, she pulled him into a hug right there in full view of everyone. It most likely seemed awkward at first considering the situation that played out seconds ago, but she needed him to get his head on straight. Of course this hug did come out of no where, but perhaps it show this little Candace that Ryan isn't hers. Tyrica didn't really like competition, but she did know how to play the game when needed.

Kissing his cheek and then whispered into his ear with a hint of anger in her own tone.

"If we are going to make this work, you need to change your attitude towards me. I'm sorry for pissing you off, but we need to put on a show and if you are pissed at me all the time.. This won't work."

She pulled back just enough to catch his gaze, her own eyes filled with far too many emotions. Yet they told him just how sorry she really is for getting him so pissed.

"You need to start treating me like I am the love of your life. I can treat you as though you are mine... Can you do the same?"

With that she kissed him lightly on the lips before pulling from him altogether to gather her things again. Waiting for him to take the lead again towards his family while holding his hand like it should be held.
 
Tyrica didn't want to accept the spark that she felt, seriously, this is the worse time ever to have that kind of spark zapping her. Then he kissed her again and at first it stunned her too much to react, shortly after she made a small attempt to pull away. However, that weak attempt seemed to make him kiss harder as he held her in place. After that, Tyrica unwillingly melted into the kiss and returned it with just as much desire.

The cheering fell on deaf ears for the first few seconds and finally reality hit hard, realizing where they were and who she is with. Taking a couple deep breathes to collect herself and her bags, she followed quietly behind him still stunned. Giving an inward smiled as the sensation of that kiss still lingered on her lips.

Hearing those words that came out of the grandmother kind of stole the moment as she glanced up at Ryan. Of course she had heard those names before, however, she didn't think Ryan is the one that came up with them. Or at the very least, indulged in them to the world. It did sting a little, and yet, neither of them would have ever expected to be here like this either. With a smile and a fake laugh, Tyrica thought about it for a moment before speaking.

"Tyrica will work just fine. As for hell having ice, there are many levels in hell. Their frozen section is one of their most entertaining areas."

Turning to Ryan, reaching over to pat him on the ass and giving it a hard squeeze, making sure her nails pinched him.

"Satan has far too many mistresses, He doesn't mind if I play around with a silly human.. After all, Satan does have a busy schedule to deal with. I won't be missed."

She beamed a bright, clearly fake smile up at Ryan and got some enjoyment out of his reaction. After the last few moments since stepping out of the SUV, it has been a whirlwind of excitement. In the end, she had to follow through and play nice as much as possible. Turning her attention back to Susan with a more natural smile this time.

"It is a pleasure to meet you too. Also congratulations on your wedding, if there is anything I can do to help, just let me know."
 
After the huge awkwardness on the porch, she decided to keep quiet for until things hopefully settle down... If they do. In the kitchen didn't make things any easier as Jeff kept staring with hungry eyes. His offer to marry them had caught her off guard and luckily Ryan spoke before she had to. Towards the end before he finally managed to escape, Tyrica was practically hiding behind him.

The scene in the bedroom didn't surprise her too much, considering how the young girl had been acting. More and more Tyrica started to realize that she really had to watch this girl. One wrong move or word and she could easily ruin everything. Not only that, she just didn't like how Candace treated Ryan and obviously couldn't get a clue.

Stepping out of the way and further into the room as the girl finally left and noticed how Ryan locked the door. Finally they were alone and can take a small breather.

"That's quite the ex you got there. She's pretty obsessed with you isn't she?"

Tyrica set her bags down in a corner and walked around the room, noticing the little things here and there. There wasn't much to really explore, just a few small pictures on a shelf. When she went to the bathroom to freshen up some, she realized her hair was almost the same color as Candaces. That had her wondering if he saw Candace in her at all? Having a gut feeling that she somehow reminded him of his ex.

"Oh, I completely forgot..."

Shaking those thoughts away she raced out the bathroom, running into Ryan in the process. For some reason that made her pause and catching his gaze brought the shyness when thinking of their kiss.

"umm sorry... I wasn't looking..."

She slowly walked away from and to her bags searching for something. Eventually pulling out a small black box and she opened to make sure it was still in there. Then she handed it over to Ryan so he can look at it.

"It was my mothers ring. It was something we didn't think of and I saw it last minute when packing."

She reached out to take it back from him, hoping that he at least approved to the idea. Being engaged to most people isn't official unless there is a ring attached to it.

"I know it's probably not much to you, but it'll work for this weekend at least. It'll at least satisfy anyone that asks."
 
It seriously caught her off guard as Ryan took the ring and placed it on her finger. That was the last thing she expected him to do, though the simple action did bring out some strange, but wonderful vibes. Sadly, that good vibe disappeared with Erics welcoming visit. The entire time Tyrica kept silent, mainly because she started to realize a few things. That Ryan really did hate her.... Obviously that hatred trickled down onto his family and friends.

Granted everyone thought she was beautiful, however that didn't matter when they think of all these other things about her. Eric calling her prude and then to hear him say that she needed to be kneeling with a collar wrapped around her neck. Not knowing what that seriously meant, she took it the wrong way and did her best to look strong. Only hear what could she only assume is the slave, a boy toy, saying that she needed it too..... These people didn't know her!!

Once they finally left and Ryan went to his knees still in pain, she wasn't too sure of what to do next. Obviously she helped him to at least sit on the bed and made sure he is in fact okay. Everything else though... It wasn't easy to process. Sitting down on the bed beside him, trying to hold back the flood gate of emotions.

"Perhaps.... I should retire early tonight. I'm not making the best of first impressions here and I think the jet lag is hitting me hard."

What she really wanted to do is go back to the airport and just call it quits. Something he can easily see in the expression on her face and that distant look in her eyes. Being here though is hurting far more than she thought possible and to make it worse, all these people were complete strangers to her.

Oh wait.... it does get worse... These are not just normal everyday people... no, they are all famous or at least well known. Hell, Kenny Rogers is coming out and he is probably the only country singer that she does like. With everyone calling her all these things... She can only imagine what that impression will be like. They will humiliate her in front of him with all this name calling, even the mother keeps slipping up with that whole satan crap.

Shaking her head and taking in a deep breath as she stood up and walked towards the window. A couple of times she glanced at her phone while seriously thinking of calling a cab. There is no way she can make a ton of people like her enough to say good things in just a couple of days. This became far more stressful than she had originally planned for. Thinking that this would have an easy walk in the park.

She did worry about Ryan though, despite her own floodgates of stress, she did catch what Eric had said about Candace. Glancing over her shoulder to look at Ryan, if she asked, he most likely wouldn't want to talk about it anyway. With a heavy sigh and looking out the window again, finally deciding on what to do.

"I-I should just retire this entire plan... With everyone thinking of me the way they so clearly do... This interview is going to fail anyway. He did say that he will interview family and friends too... All those people out there have made it clear that they don't like me.. You can just tell them an emergency came up and I had to leave."
 
Much of what he said confused her to some point, since she had no idea he was involved with any part of the application. Then again, there was quite a bit about that process that she had to fight hard with and her only real concern were the higher ups and interviews. He was at the bottom of that process, so she wouldn't have known anyway.

As he continued though, hearing him point out all her strengths in the work force, telling her that she needed to apply that strength here. Deep down she knew he was right, however in her mind this is different in so many ways. If she became the bitch they all saw her as, then it could still backfire on her.

Her heart pounded as though there was a stampede running inside of her while he stood so close. Close enough for a kiss and briefly she thought of that kiss earlier as he continued to speak. Towards the end of his speech, she could have sworn that he was going to kiss her again. The question came down to whether or not she would accept another kiss like that now that they were alone. It wouldn't be for show that's for certain.

What surprised her the most is that he's been so determine to call it quits himself, even tried a few times... Yet, here he is trying to keep her on board now.

“I have to be aggressive at work, if I'm not then I wouldn't be where I am. Outside of work though...”

She glanced down at the ring that he actually placed on her finger, thought of what her mother would do. Taking a glance out the window one last time as more people arrived and were greeted. Finally giving her attention towards Ryan as he stood at the door waiting for her real answer. After what felt like an eternity, Tyrica eventually smiled and walked up to him taking hold of his hand.

“I brought you into this craziness, it would be a bitch move to leave you here now..”

Sticking her tongue out teasingly. Though she paused for a second, locking her phone and shutting off then tossed it on the bed. With her now free hand she held onto his arm and walked back out there with a bit more confidence. All she needed to do is be herself and show these people that she isn't Satans mistress...
 
After his grand pep-talk and the tiny boost of confidence, she ruined it by almost falling down the stairs! Luckily it seemed that all anyone noticed is the placement of his hand. Which she hadn't noticed that instant, when she did though, she quickly straightened up and pushed his hand away. There really wasn't anything to get revenge on, and yet, while talking with Dr Ruth, it felt like sweet revenge. More so when seeing how deep red Ryan had gotten.

Tyrica wasn't about to let him go that easily just yet and kept a tight grip onto his hand. She did try to keep him in the conversation, just to see his reaction. It wasn't everyday she got to see him blush like that and she actually liked it. Not in a mean or hurtful way, rather seeing the cuteness in it, another side of him compared to the pissed off Ryan she's been dealing with. Though when he pulled her away from Ruth, all she could do is chuckle lightly to herself and follow him.

For quite sometime she did keep Ryan close until she managed to get a better feel of the people around her. Some saw her for what she is in the work place, though they did play nice, she saw it in their eyes what they thought of her. Others, like Eric, kept giving hints that Ryan should slap a collar on her instead of a ring. Despite being subtle about their 'hints', Tyrica knew what they were talking about. And again, like with Eric, she kept taking it the wrong way. On the other side of that coin, when she did start noticing the little details, she can see how happy the submissive partners were.

After so long, her and Ryan eventually went their own ways to mingle a little, at times she would be searching for Candace. A few of those of times she would find that little brat hanging all over Ryan as if he is hers. All the while he kept pushing her off and walking away to leave Candace standing there stunned. When they both disappeared around a corner, Candace chasing after him of course, Tyrica was about to go and save him. After taking a couple of steps in their direction, Dr Ruth stopped her and weaseled in another conversation.

Tyrica only paid half attention to what Ruth was saying until she asked about how he proposed. Then suddenly others gathered around Tyrica, all curious to know how he popped the big question. Quickly thinking that this should be a story where he is involved, needing to make sure they were on the same page with that one. More importantly realizing that is also something they hadn't talked about yet.

"Ryan!! There you are, I've been looking for you."

She spoke loud enough for him to look over at her and she quickly grabbed his hand, pulling him closer while biting her lower lip. She was hoping that he would once again save them both from telling this story. That hope faded when suddenly Candace came out of no where, purposely bumping into Tyrica with a smile of her own.

"Yes, do tell.. How did Ryan propose? They say how a man proposes says a lot about the man!"

Candace asked with a cheerful, almost too cheerful tone. All the while glaring at Ryan while taking a seat on the couch next to Grandma Annie. Tyrica glanced up at Ryan with a worried look on how to even start this story off.

"Well... It was late at night and being such a beautiful night, we decided to go walking along the beach. He took me to our favorite spot, which I can tell right away that he spent quite a bit of work into setting it up.."

Looking up at Ryan again and squeezed his hand with some kind of hope that he will jump in at any second.
 
Tyrica listened and glared at him in shock while he continued on with the story. Granted they didn't talk about it, nor did she know him well enough and did know that he's just making stuff up... Yet, she had to wonder. Wondering if deep down, some part of him would really do it that way. Or at least similar to that. Most importantly, did he just indicate that is what wanted? It didn't help much after hearing someone say that Ryan will be a good Master.

Shaking her head to remove that idea, realizing she is seriously over thinking things again. It is just a story and one that his family seemed to approve of. Strange thing is, the idea stirred something deep in her. Certainly wasn't appalled by the idea either. Naturally she wouldn't let that curiosity come to light, especially in front of all these people.

Then things turned once again on them, all eyes were still on them expectantly. Cheering and chanting for them to kiss. Just like Ryan, she did try to protest against it, thinking that once was good enough. Before she had time to respond, his lips touched hers again.

"Oh come on! That isn't a kiss! Give her one like you mean it!"

someone yelled out, Tryica wasn't paying attention to who said what at this point. At the moment her eyes were locked with Ryans while blushing brightly as once again the room chanted. All eyes were expecting that kiss a few of them saw earlier today. Trycia didn't think she could that kiss again though, in fact she was hoping the kissing thing was over with.

The two of them tried one more time to please the family, only to disappoint them once again. Finally Tryica leaned in to give him a real kiss, not quite like the one they shared earlier, but it was good enough to please everyone finally. She felt the intensity of it this time though. That zap coursed through her unexpectedly, where the first time she was just too stunned by it.

The cheers around them told her that they succeeded this time and Ryan seemed to enjoy that kiss as well. Shaking her head and smiling as if it was nothing, getting her glass of wine refilled as someone passed the bottle around. When everyone started talking again and the focus not so much on them any longer. Tyrica whispered in Ryans ear while squeezing his hand.

"I'm going to step outside for a minute. I need to get some fresh air."
 
In all honesty, Tryica didn't know how to feel by all the kissing. That is something she should have expected considering it is part of the game. What she didn't expect were the sparks that seem to come from each kiss. She did feel bad about leaving Ryan to his own defenses in there, on the other hand, she wasn't used to this much excitement.

"Oh... hi.. umm yea.. I-I just needed a breather."

She smiled faintly after seeing who it was that came out. It wasn't really the person she expected, almost hoping it'd be Ryan to follow her out. Although she has gotten to know Susan a little more and found that she is pretty nice person.

"I'm not used to the whole family gathering type parties. It is a bit overwhelming with all the excitement. Don't let me ruin your day though! I will be fine."

Tryica turned to face Susan and catching a scene in the window between Ryan and Candace. The smile she did have faded when Candace planted another kiss on Ryans perfect lips. Ryan struggling hard to pry the girl off of him.

This isn't at all what she thought of when walking into this, certainly didn't feel like putting on her bitch mask. For now she decided to let Ryan squirm a bit before going in to save him. After all, that little story of his did deserve some payback.

"I know it is Ryans story to tell.. But is that girls deal? Why is she so determined to latch onto something that is clearly no longer there?"

She asked while watching a few more seconds before turning back around to enjoy the beautiful sunset.
 
Tyrica still didn't know what to make out of all this Master and slave stuff. Especially when everyone keeps her... HER of all people.... that she will make a good slave!! At times she wanted to smack anyone that kept bringing that up. Other times, the idea did intrigue her and after watching everyone else around... It did bring out the curiosity for it.

But first things first... Dealing with miss princess Candace. While watching Susan and Jeff go save Ryan, seeing how Candace attempted to follow them. Only to see Susan shoo her away since this part of the wedding didn't involve her. Tyrica did follow after Susan by a few feet with every intention on getting Candace alone.

It didn't take much for her to put on her all business attitude. Treating Candace like she is nothing more than employee that needed some scolding. Seeing Candace standing there in the open alone and stunned. Tyrica took this chance and walked right up to Candace without any real expression.

"Look, you better keep your paws and tongue off Ryan. See this ring right here.. Take a good look at it.."

Tyrica held up her hand to show off the engagment ring, letting the girl get an eye full of it.

"It is on MY finger little girl, not yours. Ryan is mine now and you are not getting him back. So go run along and play with your little dolls until you learn how to play with the grown ups properly. In the meantime, stay away from Ryan. He doesn't want you, he chose me."

Without giving Candace a second look, Tyrica walked off while hearing the girl spew off a bunch of childish things. In fact, she half expected Candace to come at her and pummel her to the ground. It really wouldn't surprise if she did so.
 
Tyrica never fully let her guard down as she walked off, knowing that eventually Candace will come after her. For a short while she did consider going back into the house to have some small sense of safety. At the very least, to let Candace prove just how childish she is acting about all this. Although, she wasn't all that ready to be around the crowd just yet and kept walking.

It wasn't too long when Candace came up from behind and started screeching off a bunch of things. Mostly how her and Ryan were meant to be and that they had more history. Tyrica did what she always does with anyone that is in full rage and simply let them get it out of their system. She did say a few things here and there, though Candace wasn't about to listen. The emotionless expression that Tyrica held only angered the redhead more and she started spewing off insults.

Before Tyrica knew what happened next, they were both in the water with Cadance on top of her. Unfortunately... or perhaps for Candace it is fortunate... That Tyrica couldn't swim and the water ended up being much deeper than it looked. It was in that moment when all her strength left and sheer panic set in as she struggled to find any kind of support. All Candace would do is push her away thinking that she's fighting back when she wasn't.

It may have only been a matter of seconds for Candace to push Tyrica under water one last time before swimming off. For Tyrica though it felt a lot longer than that and she couldn't catch her breath as she struggled to find something to grab onto.

Truthfully she wasn't extremely far from land, yet when her feet couldn't touch the bottom, she would under again until she finally found something to latch onto. Her eyes were held tightly shut so she didn't know what she is holding, only thing she knew is that it kept her above water.
 
It took Ryan a few tries to get Tyrica to let go enough to grab onto his arm and allow him to pull her out. The fear and humiliation of what just happened had her burying her face against his chest. She didn't want anyone to see this fear racing through her, not knowing how to swim is a secret she wanted to hold from everyone. However, all of that failed and now she's far more vulnerable than she ever wanted to be. In front of him, Candace and the rest of his family!!

She curled up in as much she could in his embrace, doing everything humanly possible to hide from the world. That is until he kissed her. Not just any kiss like the others from before. This one had extreme intensity behind it and with a purpose. In that moment however, she didn't really care what that purpose was meant for.

The vulnerability of that moment caused a chain reaction and her true submissive side peeked through the door. Only he felt that submission though, to anyone else it most likely seemed normal. Yet the way she returned his kiss, proved to him that she did in fact have a very submissive girl hiding behind the bitch. That kiss was begging him to let that little girl to come out and play.

Then he broke the kiss and started yelling at Candace again, in turn stole the moment from Tyrica, also bringing her back to reality as well. Everyone and anyone was staring at them and watching the scene unfold, though Tyrica never really looked at them. The entire time she kept her face hidden against his chest. It stunned her that he called her slave and then pet... Somehow those two words in that very second sent unexpected sparks flying.

“She ripped my dress and hit my head pretty hard, or kicked it I don't know... Other than that.. I.. I am fine. Just a little shaken up is all..”

She raised a hand towards where it hurt, just above her eye and when checking her hand, there was some blood on it.

“I should go change and get cleaned up... Sir..”

That last word barely slipped out in a whisper, unsure of what else to call him at that point. He called her pet and slave... The others would have said Master, or whatever. Yet, she didn't know how to really respond to any of that.
 
Back
Top