Autumn Valley (IC)

Sigmund nodded and as he looked at her he couldn't help but smile mischievously before he started pouring over more books. The information was astounding. Much as he had experienced it was still hard for Sigmund to think of true magic just existing in the world within such a short reach for someone who had the capacity.

He went through three more books and then four finding another picture of a naked man in a woman in the thorough of passion and he felt his cock almost grumble in annoyance that this criminal had interrupted them. Then he flipped another page and found the symbol or at least it looked close enough.

It seemed to have some ritual involved with blood and a blade but he realized without complete understanding the text the symbols and pictures on other pages could be completely unrelated.

"Here I think I found it." Sigmund said showing her the page while she worked on her notebook.

((so sorry It's taken me so long to respond, things should get back to normal once nanowrimo is over.))

"Good. Good." Sophia was please. She leaned against Sigmund to look at the page. What she was piecing together was chilling.

"See if you can find this one." She pinted to another of the runes.

"I think the police are going to have to alert everyone in the village. Anyone could be the next target. If I could figure out what the murderer wants most... I think this ritual is to take power from others. I don't think even the weres are safe."

She put a hand on his arm. "I'm glad you're here. If you can sense danger coming, I feel safe with you. Not that I think I would be a target. There are others far more powerful than I in town."

(no worries.)

Sigmund gave a small smile as she leaned in against him. He could smell the scent of her as she calculated what was happening. He hoped they were on the right track and he nodded to her as he sought out more of the symbol. The results so far were not promising.

"Someone trying to take another's power sounds like something that would take a lot of work, couldn't just be done on the fly. Least if that's the case maybe someone will see or come across it. Put a stop to things if we're lucky." He said even though he dreaded something that would make weres be at risk.

When Sophia rested a hand on his arm he nodded to her and leaned in a little closer.

"True." He said though he wasn't sure if she wasn't one of the more potent individuals in the town. The fact that the first dead was one of her patrons made him feel like there was something against her. But he felt good when she commented she felt safe with him. His gifts may have caused him pain and loss in the past but at least here and now they might do some good.

"I wouldn't have wanted you to go off snooping all by yourself." He said with a grin and gave her a small kiss as he stayed close to her.

"No this is a very calculating individual. They have had to spent a lot of time planning this ritual, years perhaps to work out what they need to do. Then determine whom to target and when..."

She put a hand to his cheek and kissed him back. "I keep saying it can't be someone from the Village, but--it could be, if they were quiet and patient enough. That way they would know the comings and goings of everyone and what power each of us has. We rather open here among our own kind. I do hope the police are making progress."

Sophia continued to pour over the old books taking notes, jotting down things to remember, one of which was to create some witches' jars and other protections for her place and her rooms. And something she could wear. And one for Sigmund as well.

((Hmm, I guess we need to talk about plot a bit more to figure out what happens next. I think we need another murder tonight.))

Sigmund smiled when she caressed his cheek. The kiss that followed was welcomed and he found it hard to think about the fact that he had still just recently met Sophia. But he remained drawn to her, wanted to be close to her especially in light of what was happening.

He hoped for the sake of the village it was an outsider given that the people would have issues alone if it was someone outside the circle. The enemy that sneaks and is silent is always worse. He helped her record notes and jot down symbols as they continued.

"Well I'm sure the police are probably working their own angles and magic." Sigmund smiled as he opened up another book with magic spells related to the type that Sophia had centered in on. There were symbols of snakes, many different snakes it appeared throughout the book as he thumbed through the pages.

"We should probably send over what we have anyhow. Every little bit probably helps but it does seem like this person has a knack for staying below the radar."

"Staying below the radar...perhaps, but this murder is rather blatant." She leaned back and stretched. "I think we're done. At least for now. There are some things I need to do at home. You can help if you like. I don't know what your plans were for the day. I need to get some protections into place. Not that I think I'm in any danger, but if my clients are being targeted..." She shrugged a little.

"If you do have other things to take care of, perhaps I'll see you again tonight?" She didn't think she had to spell it out to him.

Sigmund looked at Sophia. His grey eyes looked over her as she rested for a moment away from the books and the reading. The only work he generally had for the days was spent recording his previous 'incidents' in a journal and looking for work.

But still part of him checked himself. He had known many lovers and didn't want to smother Sophia given he had hopped on for the ride to investigate. So a compromise was reached. "I think I'll check back in at home for a bit and then meet up with you in an hour or so." He wouldn't like and say he wasn't interested in spending more time with her or learning the spells she may use and he hoped he'd come to her tavern in time to see some.

Giving her a small smile he leaned in and gently held her hand bringing it to his lips. "Until we meet again Sophia..." He said before giving her hand a small kiss before rose slowly.

"Ah, such old world charm. I like that." Sophia smiled at Sigmund. "I'll see you in an hour then." She gathered her things and left the library.

She went by way of the grocery and picked up a ready-made sandwich. She ate quickly in her little kitchen, and called the police to get an update. She forwarded pictures from the books she had found and copies of her own notes and thoughts. Then she took a quick bath with special essences letting herself submerge into the water three times. She put on her special robe for working magic and went to her 'workroom' and prepared what she needed so everything would be at hand when she was ready to cast her circle and build her magic.

She placed things on her altar that was in the top point of a pentagram painted on the floor leaving most of the pentagram floorspace free. If Sigmund was joining her, they would perform the Grand Rite and raise a cone of power.

Sigmund returned home and then checked that everything was ok. Nothing seemed amiss and he went and found some new clothes. He found some slacks and a dark green dress shirt and his black jacket and then after checking his mail and looking at himself in the mirror for a moment he grabbed his keys and headed out once more.

He hoped that the information that Sophia had gleaned would help the police to catch whoever was out there. Thinking someone was hunting down magic users didn't fill him with a great sense of security and worse he couldn't feel any signs of danger. But it was mainly by proximity so he figured it may happen if he was close to the murderer. He pushed the thoughts away and remained focused on his environment till he returned to the Black Cat.

He moved along to Sophia's room and gave a smile to the girls manning the bar. Pausing outside her room he knocked on the door not wanting to just be too familiar and simply walk in.

((I think I am finally on the mend--whew. I had pneumonia and couldn't get out of bed for 4 days. And not in a good way.))

"Come in!" Sophia said. "I'm in the workroom. Lock the door behind you. There's a robe on my bed. Strip down and put it on. Then come and help me."

Everything was ready, the oils had been steeping, the amulets were laid out. The candle were lit. The girls knew she was working magic and would let no one bother her until she called down to let them know she was finished.

She wondered how Sigmund would take to experiencing magical sex. She smirked a bit.

(ah very good to hear. No fun being sick during the holidays.)

Sigmund heard her voice and entered into her private chambers. When he heard the continuing words he had to pause for a moment. Stopping by the bed he saw the dark robe waiting for him and was unsure what to do. It wasn't that he didn't want to help out Sophia but he was unsure how his own magic may be interrupted or cause and interruption to any ritual.

He shook his head. No, he was just over thinking things. So he pulled off his shirt and his shoes and pants and finally his underwear leaving him nude once more in Sophia's inner sanctum. He picked up the robe and headed into her workroom. He saw Sophia in a similar robe along with a pentagram on the ground and an alter. The scent of oils was not far off as he looked at Sophia and then looked around at the room he had entered into.

The room was lined with shelves. Some contained books, others held jars and boxes and tins. It looked a bit like a library slash spice shop. A workbench held all manner of supplies.

The center of the room was dominated by the pentacle on the floor surrounded by strange writing. Sophia was inside the circle at the altar.

She turned and smiled at Sigmund. I've made some amulets for protection and a few other things. I just need to charge them. I could do it myself," She grinned at him. "But it's much more fun with someone else to help raise the cone of power. You don't mind a little ritual sex, do you?"

She walked over to him and drew him into the circle. As she walked her robe flared open enticingly.

Sigmund looked over the room observing the minor details that made up her workroom. It had all the aspects one would figure belonged in a parlor of a magical individual. And of course there in the circle stood Sophia in a simple dark robe as she moved to usher him in.

When she spoke of charging the magical items his interest was peaked. Listening to the term cone of power had his brows raised slightly before he felt her hand pulling her in. "I suppose if it means we're protected I'd be a fool to say no." He said as he saw a glimpse of her lovely body once again waiting to be discovered. Sigmund's eyes narrowed in apprehension and a growing hunger.

After the morning interruption he was quite interested in letting his hand and lips explore her form once more.

"First, I'll cast the circle to contain and also protect us and our work. If you need for any reason before I open the circle, just imagine you are making a door or archway with your hand, then walk through it. Once on the other side of the circle, close the opening you made." She wasn't sure just how much she would have to explain, but best to err on the side of explaining too much.

"Don't worry about doing everything perfectly. Your intent is more important. I'll need you to light some candles for me, and help me with a...few other things. I don't think you'll mind at all when we get to that part." She gave him a sultry smirk.

"First...I make the circle." She took a bowl with salt in it and walked around the circle marked on the floor sprinkling the salt. She spoke slowly. "I walk the circle once about for the Maiden, young and innocent. Fresh as Spring. Bringer of hope." She continued again. "I walk the circle twice about for the Mother, fertile and happy, ripe as summer, Bringer of Life. I walk the circle thrice about, for the Crone, withered and wise, Bringer of Death and Rebirth. The circle is cast."

She placed the bowl of salt back on the altar. "Now I need you to light the candles on the altar, start with the green one in the north and go clockwise as I mention each direction. Use the long match and light it from the large candle in the center of the altar."

Sophia stood in the center of the circle and faced north. "I call the spirits of the north, of Winter, and the realm of earth. Protect us as we work our magic. Hail and Welcome. Blessed Be." She nodded to Sigmund to light the candle.

"I call the spirits of the east, of Spring, and the realm of air. Protect us as we work our magic. Hail and Welcome. Blessed Be. I call the spirits of the south, of Summer, and the realm of fire. Hail and Welcome. Blessed Be. Protect us as we work our magic. I call the spirits of the west, of Autumn, and the realm of water. Protect us as we work our magic. Hail and Welcome. Blessed Be." She raised her voice, "We are between worlds."

"Thank you." She took the still burning fireplace match from him and stood at the altar. "I call upon the Goddess in her aspect as Hecate, Goddess of Witches, to join us, protect us, fill us with your light that we may work our magic to protect this house and all within it. Hail and Welcome. Blessed Be." She lit a black candle on one side of the altar.

"I call upon the God to join us in his aspect as Herne the Hunter, protect us, fill us with your light that we may work our magic to protect this house and all within it. Hail and Welcome. Blessed Be." She lit the purple candle on the other side of the altar.

"There, now we can charge the amulets I made." She removed a piece of silk from a bowl that contained the amulets she had worked on earlier. She sprinkled them with salt, wafted smoke from incense over them, and flicked some water on them from another bowl."

"Now take my hands." She held out her hands, her right with the palm up and her left with the palm down.

Sigmund's eyes watched her as he listened intently to he instructions. He was in no mood to try inadvertently off setting the spell so his listened and cataloged her instructions to memory as Sophia talked.

The process captivated his attention as much as her beauty did but he let none interrupt his work. Match in hand he lit the candles as she spoke the words. His eyes opened and closed periodically more from slight nervousness that suddenly he would find himself in the midst of hell with Demons and worse poking at him.

Some of the words obviously eluded him, names they sounded like. He was wondering if he'd seen them in the books before Sophia extended out her hands to him. Nodding to her simply he moved forward placing his hands in an opposite of hers as he felt her skin once more.

((Sorry it took so long to get back to this. I have been very sick this winter. I get over one thing and get clobbered with the next.))

"I want you to imagine the power of the earth under your feet rising up through your body, filling you with strength. You don't have to force it." She paused to let him meditate on that a bit.

"Now imagine the energy of the sky, the sun, pouring down on you, filling you with it's light and energy. Feel the power of the earth and sky mix within you." her voice was quiet but easy to hear. It had a dreamy quality to it.

"Now that you have this energy contained within you, as I have it contained within me, we will pass this energy pack and forth, from hand to hand. Feel it swirl around us, expanding to encircle the room, the building...the entire town. A dome of white light to protect us all." her body shuddered a little, but she didn't lose contact with him.

She was quiet as she felt the energy move back and forth between then. After a time, she slid her hands up his arms to his shoulders and pushed the robe off of him letting it slide to the floor. She stepped close and pressed up against him and gave him a slow deep kiss. "And now...we build the Cone of Power. Just do what comes naturally to you."

Sigmund heard her words and let his eyes open and clothes gently like the batting of a bird through the sky. He could feel the energy in the area, gently caressing his skin and flowing through his being. It was unreal and yet he knew he'd felt such power before, when he first fell the sharp rush of danger, that shock of knowing something was wrong. But here it was different. Here with Sophia it was an entirely new animal.

Her alluring voice welcomed him into her world as he felt her hands on his bare skin and her body against his. The kiss had left a lingering lust on his lips and throughout his body and he could already feel tendrils of pleasure soaking down through the root like veins of his body triggering a reaction in his loins.

His hands moved to her own shoulders pulling off the black robe and exposing her breasts and legs to him. Eyes full of growing attentiveness his hand moved to her cheek and he leaned in licking down and up her neck while his cock grew harder and closer to her body. His other hand reached out and rested on her hip feeling her warm flesh and he thought of how much he wanted to consume her taste again, now in the heated audience of such magic.

Sophia stroked Sigmund's chest and arms and back before taking his face in her hands and looking at him for a moment, she gave him a long slow deep kiss. She could taste the magic in him: oak and moss, decaying leaves, and wild flowers, the crisp bite of an evening in autumn.

She kissed him with more urgency pulling him down to the floor. It seemed as if their skin sparked where they touched.

Sigmund was a bit surprised by the long deep kiss that held his lilps for a moment. No more so then feeling the almost silent pulse of power that seemed to connect with him as his skin touched Sophia's. When her fingers dragged slowly over his chest he couldn't help but feel the lust building within him.

He did not resist as she pulled him down to the floor. If anything he just grew more eager as his hands braced his body over hers and he kissed her neck and the point right above her breasts as her hands held and moved over him. His cock, hardened and posed above her sex lowered slightly and tickled at her entrance while he continued to kiss her neck up to her waiting lips.

((So sorry for being away for so long. RL really did a number on me.))

Sophia sighed at Sigmund's touch and at the low thrum of power that enveloped them. She kissed him hard opening herself to him and to the power, letting the divine feminine force fill her. Her hands stroked him. She drank from his lips. Her hips twitched upwards to try and capture his cock so they would be be connected and become one.

Sigmund drank in the raw emotional power radiating from Sophia. Every touch sent trickles of power coursing through his veins as her fingers rubbed him and their lips kissed together or brushed over their skin. He felt a wet velvet touch each time his cock prodded her entrance and then with a little dip of her hips she caught what she had been looking for and he felt his hardness slowly start to push inside of her.

Back